AN HOUR AGO #BookClub: The story of one cute crush—told from 14 other people! We love #ALittleSomethingDifferent: http://t.co/orSadmBRgR #swoonreads

13 HOURS AGO How to obtain the perfect set of brows: http://t.co/HlXQKzJAuF

17 HOURS AGO The best ways to save our skin from that awful sunburn! http://t.co/Coe1hz7em8

COMMENTS

Could this bald spot be alopecia areata?

When my mom was doing my hair, she discovered a bald spot…

my friend has that, but it's growing back pretty well

by Kimposi1 on 5/25/2013 3:39:33 AM

MODMODMODMODMODMODMOD
hey! so this is really weird, but sometimes when i run my hands thru my hair, it feels like i have really tiny pimples on my scalp. im really confused about what this might be, is it like my conditioner or shampoo or something? ???
PLZZZ answer soon!!!!! Thanks!Smile

Hey girl! Don't worry too much, my first guess would be pimples, but I'd definitely show your mom or dad and talk to them about it! Then if you're still concerned see the doctor! xoxo

Carly S.

by summergirl190 on 8/22/2012 10:28:10 AM

Mod. Mod. Mod. ModMod. Mod. Mod. Mod. Plzzzzzz answer. So I'm half black and half Dominican well my hair is semi straight I went to a hair Salan a Dominican one and they straighten it but I have a friend she is Dominican and her. Hair is full and thick so is mine but I was wondering how can I get this of my mind about her having better hair then me

Hey chica!  Embrace your hair as it is, wanting someone else's hair won't do you any good!  Just remind yourself that your hair is part of who you are.  Besides, I bet there s something about you that she wishes she had (your skin tone, your legs, or your killer smile).  Everyone has different parts of them that are awesome, so remind yourself of yours when you're feelin' the hair envy. xoxo
Kate G.

by nina20017 on 7/17/2012 2:07:42 AM

What can I do to help my hair grow longer to where im able to put it into a ponytail because ive heard that weave can bring your hair out even more.

Hey girl,

Eating healthy foods, exercise and getting your hair trimmed regularly all help hair grow faster. Check out this post for more tips! http://www.girlslife.com/post/2010/10/13/Hair-Today-Gone-Tomorrow.aspx

Meghan D.

by lolmindless on 2/25/2012 2:45:09 AM

mod mod mod
im 13 and i was thinking bout doin highlights on my hair either purple or blond but i dont knoe which one to choose any advice

by cutiepie14231 on 2/20/2012 6:51:09 PM

Hey bubblerain, mhmm I would try to stay out of the sun as much as possible. Maybe the lack of sunlight will make the black come back into your hair. Hope this helps! Xoxo

modmodmod
my hair is naturly black.but when i was little i spent a lot of time in the sun,and burn my hair.now it is brown.any ideas to getting my naturly black hair back?thanks Lynae P.

by bubblerain on 1/25/2012 8:32:50 PM

Hey alibaba, the type of shampoo you're using could be contributing to your hair loss. Ask your doctor to recommend som shampoo that will build and strengthen your hair. Thanx a bunch for subscribing. Hope this helps! Xoxo

MODMODMOD
I have been losing a concerning amount of hair lately. I realize that people lose hair every day, and that hair loss (to a certain extent) is normal, but this is a lot more than normal. I've noticed a definable spike within the last few months. I'm a swimmer, and I swim 4-5 times a week with my team. Due to my taking advanced classes this year, I'm under a lot of stress. I have abnormally thin hair as it is, which my doctor knows about. I take vitamins every day to help with the healthiness of my locks, and do not use heat with it as she (my doc) recommended. I do notice that most of the hair loss occurs in the shower, when I'm using my chlorine-removal shampoo. I know that mine is a tough problem to diagnose, but I would appreciate any help available.
Thanks, I love your magazine by the way. 2012 is my 5th year having a subscription!!
-Ali Lynae P.

by alibaba on 1/21/2012 5:17:23 PM

Heybemmaa3345, no prob girl. So glad I could help! Xoxo

modmodmod
i just wanna thank you for helping everyone thank you Smile Lynae P.

by emmaa3345 on 1/14/2012 7:13:01 PM

dear mod
i really wanna grow out my hair so i can donate to kids who dont have any, but my hair wont grow!! do have any suggestions on how to make my hair grow faster and healthier.thank youu Smile

Hey girlie,

There's no way to speed up the growth, unfortunately. Just eat healthy and try not to put stress on it by using hair dryers, straighteners, curling irons, etc. Be patient and it'll be long enough soon!
Lauren C.

by emmaa3345 on 1/12/2012 6:18:09 PM

my hair falls out a lot. is there a special treatment for this???

We all lose a lot of hair every day, most likely this is not even a serious issue.  But otherwise, head on over to a doc!
Jordan S.