8 HOURS AGO #ThatAwkwardMoment when your bestie's ex tries to hit on you...Here's how to deal: http://t.co/cNRReCECR5

11 HOURS AGO Look cool as ice in Anna & Elsa's hottest hairstyles #Frozen: http://t.co/zkJh1LxAEF

12 HOURS AGO 4 ways to totally remix your white tee: http://t.co/NylZ5Cylym

COMMENTS

Could this bald spot be alopecia areata?

When my mom was doing my hair, she discovered a bald spot…

My hair wont do anything!!! I have super thick curlie blonde hair and I cant straighten it for special events and I can curl it in ringletts but it isnt as nice ans my hair straightened with a small french braid in the front. Any Ideas??

Hey babe!

I think the best thing you can do since you can't straighten it is to use styles that accentuate your curly hair. Why don't you french braid all of your hair, or make like Taylor Swift and let your curls run wild?
Devin A.

by trinrose2000 on 11/21/2011 4:39:34 PM

I have lots of spots on my head..bald spots are they called? I do have spots on my face too and my back, has this got something to do with it? When I'm doing m hair I might accidently pick one and it'll really hurt and sometimes blead Frown I don't have bald patches but what are these spots? They're probably not alopecia areata but what are they and why are they there? Sorry if this sounds like a repeat of the first question, thanks lots Smile

You should go see your doctor as soon as you can, as he or she can definitely give you a proper diagnosis and provide treatment.

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by cindy5218 on 10/22/2011 7:04:29 AM

i want to shave my legs but my mom wont let me and im 11 about to turn 12 in Dec. and every girl shaves in my class. what do i do?

Hey girl,

Try asking mom again. Don't phrase it like, "EVERYONE is doing it mom, come on! You're so unfair!" Instead, be mature and focus on how you feel about your hair and how you would feel once it's gone. Catch mom at a quiet moment (maybe when she's doing dishes or reading her book) and tell her you've been noticing the hair on your legs more and more lately and, since you're getting older, you think it might be best for you to start shaving now so you can be self-confident and not worry about that. Tell her you know you're mature enough to commit to shaving as often as you have to and you really want her to be on board. And tell her you wanted to include her on it so she can help you choose a razor, gel, teach you how, etc. since she's been there before and done it! Focus on the fact that you want to tackle this together and I'll bet you'll win her over Smile
Lauren c.

by puppies11 on 10/6/2011 2:14:20 PM

Mod
There's a school dance coming up and idk what to with my hair.... i wanna curl it with a curling iron, but the problem is whenever i curl my hair with a curling iorn, the curls never stay! I always flat iron my hair and i want to do soomething different..But idk wat to do,do you have any tips or ideas? Thanks! Smile

Try roller setting your curls for stayability Smile That or a holding spray.

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by kaylarocks2000 on 9/17/2011 12:35:20 PM

modmodmod
i was reading one of ur fact or fiction things and it said that thing about wearing to tight pants and u can get tingling numbing feelings. well i read this and i nearly screamed because i have been getting that!!!!!! but i dont even wear that tight of pants! please what should i do!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!? i need ur advice ASAP!!!!

Hey girlie,

If you don't wear tight pants and keep moving throughout the day, it could be a circulation issue. Try bringing it up at the doctor during your next checkup so they can help ya!

Lauren C.

by hermionelover on 9/15/2011 10:46:33 PM

my BFF has this and lost all of her hair when she was about 3 or 4, and she didn't wear a wig until 3rd grade. i thought she was really brave to do that, but now i don't even notice that she has a wig on and i don't get uncomfortable when she takes her wig off at sleep-overs anymore

by fallsb-ball on 9/15/2011 5:27:01 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!
I really hate my teeth. I think they look really crooked and ugly. I'm really self-conscious about them, and I hate to smile in pictures, and sometimes even in person.. I really really want braces, but I know how expensive they are, and it wouldn't be fair for my mom to pay for them. Are there any other cheaper fixes, and What can I do to make myself feel better or accept them?
thank you! Smile

Hey Girl,

There are a few other fixes besides braces, like invisalign or a retainer, but they still require a visit to the orthodontist. If you really want to go, try asking mom for just a consultation. This is where the doctor will tell you what he thinks you need and you can discuss your options. If not, then you need to find something to smile about! Make a list of things you love about your body, and think about those when you're feeling insecure about your teeth. The best way to accept your teeth is to appear confident no matter how bad you feel about them. Walk into school with a big smile and people will be more likely to notice your beautiful face rather than your teeth. If you don't make them seem like a problem, then other people won't notice them either.
Rachel N.

by facebooker1240 on 9/15/2011 4:21:57 PM

in my Pretty Little Liars fan club, you can get the scoop, take quizzes, and talk about the books. we have over 120 members and growing! all you have to do is click on my username,view my clubs, and click on PLL fan club. its that easy! why not join?

by cutiecayley333 on 9/15/2011 3:24:19 PM