11 HOURS AGO Are you the go-to girl?! http://t.co/VoA0l7HrFc

15 HOURS AGO Are you always offering guidance to your girlfriends? Become an Advice Queen on http://t.co/3vCDbrIax8: http://t.co/HLoaQgowdL

16 HOURS AGO Look drop dead gorgeous with #sugarskull makeup tutorial (oh yeah, pun intended): http://t.co/KI3IBvDj5q

COMMENTS

My teacher is sooo unfair!

Got the bad-teacher blues? Bust 'em with a li'l help from GL...

Mod Mod..
My Chorus teacher wants me to join again. I quit this year, and dont want to join i want to focuse on work. He always compares me to my twin, Ohh we your brothers in Honors classes and Band and Chorus, so you can do it. And then he says im a loser, and a quitter, and its been a week and he still wont let it goo.. What should i do?

Well he def shouldnt be calling you a loser. Maybe talk to the schools guidance counselor to see what they have to say about the situation. xoxo kerra
Kerra S.

by abbygirl12 on 9/23/2011 5:33:09 PM

My parents just say that everyone in your life is not gonna be fair or nice. Neither is life. Oh well, let's just kkeep hoping for world peace.

by Charlotte12sky4 on 9/20/2011 6:37:41 PM

I have the same problem .Thx for the tips GL!

by Charlotte12sky4 on 9/20/2011 6:36:37 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
At school, a big word for the popular guys is "loner." People think that you're a loner if you a more reserved and shy, or if they spot you a couple of times alone. I am pretty sure that I am classified in that group of "loners." It's not my fault that my friends kicked me out of their group (which I do not want anything apart of) and I am walking to classes alone, and am by myself sometimes. I am not a loner because I have friends. Sure I'm shy, but I'm not a loner. This term really bugs me because whenever I hear it I think about my friends who dropped me, and that I don't have a group anymore. I can deal pretty much ok, it's just when those guys talk about loners ALL THE TIME it makes me want to cry. It makes me want to have someone with me all the time, even though I am not able to walk to classes with some friends. Please help!!! Thx so much!!! Smile

Hey girl, I'd ignore the guys. They're just immature. As for finding company, however, I'd plug yourself in more activities. Sit with someone from your class. Shyness is totally fine, but sometimes it can be good to push those walls down and challenge yourself to be more outgoing.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by applea123 on 9/19/2011 7:52:16 PM

Last year, in 6th grade, I had this amazing Language Arts/Lit teacher. She was young, pretty, fun, smart, and fashionable. Even though I get good grades, I dont exactly love school. She made me want to get up every morning to go to school, and our class had the best of fun! She was awesome! But, she got engaged (yay!) and moved with her fiancee to Rhode Island. Now, this year, I have a normal teacher and it is just not the same. I miss the fun class and now do not exactly look forward to school any more. Sorry for the long letter, and please help!

Hey girlie,

That is GREAT. Have you ever told her how much she meant to you? This is the goal of every good teacher - to inspire their students and get excited about learning. But like you said, teachers make a huge difference in whether a class is enjoyable or not. It's tough to get this lucky each year, so you gotta challenge yourself a lil bit. Remember how excited this teacher made you to get up and come into school in the morning? Find parts of each of your classes that make you excited. It might not be the teacher, but you might love the unit on a certain author coming up in your Language Arts class. You might love learning about the 1950's. You might really enjoy watercolors in art or cooking in Home Ec. Stretching your legs in gym? Whatever it is, challenge yourself to find at least three good things about each of your classes. This forces ya to be optimistic and positive about your day - and really helps pull you outta this funk you're in right now. And don't forget to get in touch with this teach to tell her what she meant to you!!!!

Lauren C.

by Pinklife on 9/15/2011 11:07:11 PM

Hey! Lately I've been noticing that I zone out while talking to people. I asked all of my friends if it's true, and they all agreed strongly. I'm really, really trying to be better about it, but I just don't even realize when it's happening, and it is a real struggle to focus on what someone is saying, even if I'm interested in what they have to say. My friends don't talk to me a whole lot, and I think this is why. I told my mom, but she didn't say anything. I also have a really hard time getting things done and focusing on my hw. What should I do??

Hey girlie,

If you're having a hard time focusing even when you really WANT to comprehend everything going on, you might want to ask a school nurse or your doctor about it. It could just be that you have a lot on your mind or aren't getting enough sleep, but it could also be Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) or something similar. But I'm not a doctor, so definitely describe your symptoms and frustrations at your next checkup, or make a special appointment for this. A professional opinion will really help to ease your concerns - and help you focus again!
Lauren C.

by mememe6 on 9/15/2011 9:32:38 PM

MOD!
I have a huge homecoming problem! I don't have a date unless someone magically asks me before October 1st, which I doubt will happen, so I have to choose between two groups. Today my friend that I recently reconnected with invited me to come with her and her boyfriend, and then a couple periods later one of my closest friends, who I haven't been feeling too close with lately, invited me to get ready at her house with her and another friend. I don't want to be a third wheel if I go with the first group, but she asked me first. Lately the close friend hasn't been very friendly with me lately, like she acts so disinterested in what I have to say and makes me feel like I piss her off. We're two different personalities. I don't want to be pissed at all night if I go with her and the other friend. I just don't know what to do, so I'm thinking that I should just meet everybody there. Help me!!!

Hey girlie,

Aw, you have two good offers to prep for the night, take pics, and arrive at Homecoming with friends! Don't just stay at home and meet them there - I know you're tossing both ideas back and forth but, personally, I think you should choose one! This could help you reconnect with your close friend (the fact that she asked you is friendly and nice), or could help you grow closer to your "new" friend and her BF. Personally, I'd probably choose the first option - you won't be a third wheel, just don't be clingy and make sure you stay out-going so you're still in the convo the whole way - and then meet your other two friends at the dance!

Lauren C.

by smileysevvie on 9/15/2011 9:20:05 PM

Yep. I've got teacher problems too. Life is not fair.

by smileysevvie on 9/15/2011 9:13:32 PM

Hey Girlies!
Do you need advice on anything? Well, I'm here for ya! I can help you with any thing! No question is too embarrassing to ask! I have answers on:
*Boys
*Friends
*Drama
*Makeup
*Music/Songwriting
*Hair Styles
*AND SO MUCH MORE!
Comment on my advice Queen Page today!!<3 Thx!
*MusicGirl16*

by *MusicGirl16* on 9/15/2011 8:21:00 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!
i say hey to the guy i like everyday. he will say hey and it ends at that. i seriously can't get him off my mind.he said he likes me but he really doesn't act like it. so its just been kinda stuck. my friend told me that if i didn't say hey to him for awwhile then he would say hey to me first... do u think that would work? but that's soo boring! so today i simply said hey and he said hey back,but then later i was walking in the hall with my friend and she started freaking out. she said that he was checking me out! so i was wondering what should i do tomorrow besides just saying hey? thanks!

Hey babe,

Nah, don't play games with him. If you stop saying hey, he might not say anything to you because he thinks you don't like him. And you don't want to give off that vibe! Instead, try gradually making your "heys" more involved. Tomorrow, say "Hey! What's up?" as you pass by. Keep it up for a week, then try dropping by his locker, either to say what's up or ask him a question about homework, the football game on Saturday, his band, etc. Start chatting more and more over time - that's the best way to naturally, and not awkwardly, get to know someone better! Smile
Lauren C.