12 HOURS AGO Skip the scars and heal your skin: http://t.co/oZ1zJSC0Wc

15 HOURS AGO Sleeping with makeup on? Talk about a big beauty no-no: http://t.co/dS4jko36NM

16 HOURS AGO The easiest move for totally toned thighs: http://t.co/Anf69Zawxq

COMMENTS

My teacher is sooo unfair!

Got the bad-teacher blues? Bust 'em with a li'l help from GL...

My teacher is the same way so what i do is not let it bother me and talk to your parentts and have them switch your classes but at least the school year is almost over

by danceismylife123 on 5/10/2012 9:21:16 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
Okay well my Language arts teacher is unfair. She gives me and my class homework about everyday. See, My parents want me and my sisters to be overachievers which means to get A's in every class. So far I have like two B's and i have one C in Language Arts! My parents will KILL ME if they find out i have a C in that class. They almost killed me for a B-! Please give me tips in how to raise my grade pleaseeee. Thx!

Hey KatieBieber, if your teacher has a coach class go to it. See if you can study with someone in the class who gets good grades. Even asking the teacher for extra credit assignments will help too. And lastly study study study. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by KatieBieber on 4/14/2012 11:37:03 AM

My teacher is similar also.I just make sure that I dont get on her bad side.If that doesn't work,than yeah,talk to an adult,like yopur parents or guidance counselorSmile

by JoJoJordi on 3/13/2012 2:12:15 AM

My teacher is similar she knows i do everything but she finds every little detail to fail me until my dad told her what she wasn't doing right aka. science teacher my dad........anyways she acted so scary and she doesn't talk to me

by Solo_13 on 2/10/2012 9:25:45 PM

I love how everyone on here comments about how they are getting B's when they should have an A+ when meanwhile I'm usually an A- or B+ student and I just got a freaking 75 in math. The teacher knows I'm a good student mostly but refuses to help me in math class. When other students get something wrong, she explains it to them. When I get something wrong, she tells me to check my work, then doesn't come back to make sure I did good. When other students get something right, she says "Good work, keep it up!" and when i do something right, she just mutters "good" or "fine" or an extremely un-enthusiastic "nice job". also my parents are going to kill me. so just shut up everyone. a B isn't a bad grade. and my stupid parents and their stupid divorce and my stupid mom moving out and my stupid having to switch back and forth between my moms apartment and my dads house has only added to the stress. so shut up. you all clearly have no idea what a bad grade is or what stress is.

by paxetcaritas101 on 2/6/2012 5:37:34 PM

by paxetcaritas101 on 2/6/2012 5:36:56 PM

My art teacher is the same way. She makes me dread going to art and I love art in general but I hate the teacher!!! She gave me a B for drawing lines and to put the cherry on top everyone else was getting high A's and I kno for a fact I did better than most of the other people!!! GRRRR!! She has been so mean to me from the first day!!!

by #1partier on 2/5/2012 6:07:58 PM

Hi girls -
I can give you advice about anything and everything!
i probably have been in your shoes before! about boyfriends, family , divorced parents, living situations, hair styles,feeling left out, goth/emo problems, sports, periods, ect.. i have given many girls advice before and i am willing to help you! please take a moment to visit my page and i can talk to you and help you. if you can't tell your parents or friends because they might judge you I can help you and won't tell a soul i'm here to help you! alright hope to hear from you ! Sarah1200

by sarah1200 on 2/5/2012 5:26:18 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
ok so i have a really bad throat infection thing its not strep its worse then that i cant even talk! i have been out of school since wednesday and its tuesday of the next week and i am so scared that i am going to go back in a couple days and have no idea what we are talking about in class and that my grades will go down and i really dont wanna let down my family who expects me to get good grades and i usually do i am just scared because i will be so behind and get a bad grade on tests and stuff help!! thanks! Smile

Hey Girl,

First of all, your health always comes first! If you are really sick, it is important to stay in bed and get better and not worry about your grades. I'm sure your family feels the same way and doesn't expect from you to stay on top of things if you are fighting a bad throat infection. If you feel well enough to do some work (while being in bed where it's warm and cozy!), I'm sure you can call a classmate and ask if they can drop of any paperwork, homework, or notes that help you get back on track. If you can't reach any of your classmates, or they don't live in your neighborhood, have your parents email your teacher and ask if he can forward you important notes!

Don't worry, I'm sure your grades will be just fine! I hope you'll get better soon Smile
alicia m.

by shelbychristine333 on 1/24/2012 1:26:05 PM

MOD MOD MOD: What happened to the period and down there stuff that used to be next to guys at the top??

The "Your Bod" section has been moved under Health and Fitness!
Jordan S.

by Jennifer25pa on 12/5/2011 3:27:45 PM

MODMODMODMODMODMODMODMODMODMODMODMODMODMODMODMODMODMODMODMODMODMODMODODMOMDMODMODMO PLEASE REPLY ASAP!!!!!!!!!
Ok So i have a school play and i have stage fright and i,m shy, I have been trying to tell my mom i want to quit BUT she said i cant. Now i,m really scared cause i have ADHD and i think i will mess up. Any tips for not being scared? Thank you SOOOOOO much!

Hey girly! Stage fright is one of the most common fears and it nothing to severe. If you really feel that you will not be able to say your lines properly it is okay to tell the head of the play and ask for a stage crew job so that you can still be involved, just behind the scenes.
Ana D.

by amanda16 on 11/29/2011 10:54:03 AM

sometimes my friends feel like a teacher is picking on them, but from my perspective, the teacher really actually seems like they are trying to help the child succeed. believe it orn ot some teachers actually do care about whether or not a child succeeds, but some teacher are actually unfair and in that case u should take someone elses advice Smile

by mccarthygirl on 11/19/2011 2:13:29 AM

I totally understand! My science teacher did the same thing to me. It was really funny though. I had to read a paragraph and instead of saying tiger I said dragon because the guy sitting behind me keep saying dragon under his breath and it caught up with me and now the whole class (including the teacher) will not let me live down my mistake. They keep making fun of me!!

by fashionathlete on 11/14/2011 8:19:34 PM

MOD!
My english teacher is really cool! MY friend is in another class and my teacher is bffs with hers. But apperently they are all going to go to see the hunger games movie together when it comes out, i want to go with them (my friend was like i want to go!) But i dn't know how to let her know without sounding bratty or creepy. How do i ask her withut being subtle? Thanks so much!

Just tell her that you heard they were going and you wanted to know if she/they would mind if you went as well, as you're very interested in the movie Smile

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by chick987 on 10/22/2011 9:58:23 AM

MODERATOR
I have an F in my French class. I'm in french ll and i checked my grade monday and it was an a plus then i check it friday and it was a 46%! She checked the quiz she said was missing and i gave it to her and i just want to try to keep calm about having an F because its my first time. and I also want to tell her to put the grade up (thats improved) without seeming annoying and pushy. what should i do? thanks(:

Hey girl,

You definitely should calm down since it's not really an F at all! It's just temporary until she puts that other grade up. When you get into school on Monday, tell her your parents would like to see your current grade so if she wouldn't mind updating it to include the missing quiz's grade, you would really appreciate it! It helps get her to move a lil quicker when you mention your parents ;)
Lauren C.

by Gigilove321 on 10/16/2011 9:26:44 AM

mod~
i havent gotten one A in math this year, pretty much all C's. Normally math is an easy subject for me! I've never gotten a C on my report card before and it's really stressing me out. I have a quiz this week and if I don't get an A, there's pretty much no chance of me getting my grade up. it's scaring me and stressing me out every time i think about it! help :/

Hey chica! Have you considered finding a tutor? Find a peer who is doing well in the class or someone who tutors the kind of math you're doing in class, to help you. If you don't have time for that, invest more study time. Make yourself note cards, go online for help, work with a partner to make you understand it better. It may also help to talk to your teacher about it so that she knows that you're struggling. She may take it easy on you and/or suggest ways in which you can improve your grade. She may even offer extra credit assignments. You can do it!

Amalia E.

by iluvlax99 on 10/10/2011 12:38:09 PM

look just picture that her head is going to blow up one day and laugh then get to work or when she turns to the board give her a discusted look and get back to work

by kylara on 10/8/2011 3:45:36 PM

I went through this in 6th grade when my language arts teacher would yell at me right when I started to talk and the whole class was talking. SHe had the meeting with my parents when she found out I had ADHD and Dyslexia she got surprisingly nice!

by JBfan97 on 10/3/2011 10:38:12 PM

Join my middle movers club

by Efun on 10/2/2011 10:40:00 PM

that sounds hard. also, ask other students to see if she/he's strict. plz don't argue, but, she/he MAY just be strict, and your only noticing when he/she is picking on u. goot luck chicka!

by silver_wolf on 10/1/2011 4:41:19 PM

Mod Mod..
My Chorus teacher wants me to join again. I quit this year, and dont want to join i want to focuse on work. He always compares me to my twin, Ohh we your brothers in Honors classes and Band and Chorus, so you can do it. And then he says im a loser, and a quitter, and its been a week and he still wont let it goo.. What should i do?

Well he def shouldnt be calling you a loser. Maybe talk to the schools guidance counselor to see what they have to say about the situation. xoxo kerra
Kerra S.

by abbygirl12 on 9/23/2011 5:33:09 PM

My parents just say that everyone in your life is not gonna be fair or nice. Neither is life. Oh well, let's just kkeep hoping for world peace.

by Charlotte12sky4 on 9/20/2011 6:37:41 PM

I have the same problem .Thx for the tips GL!

by Charlotte12sky4 on 9/20/2011 6:36:37 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
At school, a big word for the popular guys is "loner." People think that you're a loner if you a more reserved and shy, or if they spot you a couple of times alone. I am pretty sure that I am classified in that group of "loners." It's not my fault that my friends kicked me out of their group (which I do not want anything apart of) and I am walking to classes alone, and am by myself sometimes. I am not a loner because I have friends. Sure I'm shy, but I'm not a loner. This term really bugs me because whenever I hear it I think about my friends who dropped me, and that I don't have a group anymore. I can deal pretty much ok, it's just when those guys talk about loners ALL THE TIME it makes me want to cry. It makes me want to have someone with me all the time, even though I am not able to walk to classes with some friends. Please help!!! Thx so much!!! Smile

Hey girl, I'd ignore the guys. They're just immature. As for finding company, however, I'd plug yourself in more activities. Sit with someone from your class. Shyness is totally fine, but sometimes it can be good to push those walls down and challenge yourself to be more outgoing.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by applea123 on 9/19/2011 7:52:16 PM

Last year, in 6th grade, I had this amazing Language Arts/Lit teacher. She was young, pretty, fun, smart, and fashionable. Even though I get good grades, I dont exactly love school. She made me want to get up every morning to go to school, and our class had the best of fun! She was awesome! But, she got engaged (yay!) and moved with her fiancee to Rhode Island. Now, this year, I have a normal teacher and it is just not the same. I miss the fun class and now do not exactly look forward to school any more. Sorry for the long letter, and please help!

Hey girlie,

That is GREAT. Have you ever told her how much she meant to you? This is the goal of every good teacher - to inspire their students and get excited about learning. But like you said, teachers make a huge difference in whether a class is enjoyable or not. It's tough to get this lucky each year, so you gotta challenge yourself a lil bit. Remember how excited this teacher made you to get up and come into school in the morning? Find parts of each of your classes that make you excited. It might not be the teacher, but you might love the unit on a certain author coming up in your Language Arts class. You might love learning about the 1950's. You might really enjoy watercolors in art or cooking in Home Ec. Stretching your legs in gym? Whatever it is, challenge yourself to find at least three good things about each of your classes. This forces ya to be optimistic and positive about your day - and really helps pull you outta this funk you're in right now. And don't forget to get in touch with this teach to tell her what she meant to you!!!!

Lauren C.

by Pinklife on 9/15/2011 11:07:11 PM

Hey! Lately I've been noticing that I zone out while talking to people. I asked all of my friends if it's true, and they all agreed strongly. I'm really, really trying to be better about it, but I just don't even realize when it's happening, and it is a real struggle to focus on what someone is saying, even if I'm interested in what they have to say. My friends don't talk to me a whole lot, and I think this is why. I told my mom, but she didn't say anything. I also have a really hard time getting things done and focusing on my hw. What should I do??

Hey girlie,

If you're having a hard time focusing even when you really WANT to comprehend everything going on, you might want to ask a school nurse or your doctor about it. It could just be that you have a lot on your mind or aren't getting enough sleep, but it could also be Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) or something similar. But I'm not a doctor, so definitely describe your symptoms and frustrations at your next checkup, or make a special appointment for this. A professional opinion will really help to ease your concerns - and help you focus again!
Lauren C.

by mememe6 on 9/15/2011 9:32:38 PM

MOD!
I have a huge homecoming problem! I don't have a date unless someone magically asks me before October 1st, which I doubt will happen, so I have to choose between two groups. Today my friend that I recently reconnected with invited me to come with her and her boyfriend, and then a couple periods later one of my closest friends, who I haven't been feeling too close with lately, invited me to get ready at her house with her and another friend. I don't want to be a third wheel if I go with the first group, but she asked me first. Lately the close friend hasn't been very friendly with me lately, like she acts so disinterested in what I have to say and makes me feel like I piss her off. We're two different personalities. I don't want to be pissed at all night if I go with her and the other friend. I just don't know what to do, so I'm thinking that I should just meet everybody there. Help me!!!

Hey girlie,

Aw, you have two good offers to prep for the night, take pics, and arrive at Homecoming with friends! Don't just stay at home and meet them there - I know you're tossing both ideas back and forth but, personally, I think you should choose one! This could help you reconnect with your close friend (the fact that she asked you is friendly and nice), or could help you grow closer to your "new" friend and her BF. Personally, I'd probably choose the first option - you won't be a third wheel, just don't be clingy and make sure you stay out-going so you're still in the convo the whole way - and then meet your other two friends at the dance!

Lauren C.

by smileysevvie on 9/15/2011 9:20:05 PM

Yep. I've got teacher problems too. Life is not fair.

by smileysevvie on 9/15/2011 9:13:32 PM

Hey Girlies!
Do you need advice on anything? Well, I'm here for ya! I can help you with any thing! No question is too embarrassing to ask! I have answers on:
*Boys
*Friends
*Drama
*Makeup
*Music/Songwriting
*Hair Styles
*AND SO MUCH MORE!
Comment on my advice Queen Page today!!<3 Thx!
*MusicGirl16*

by *MusicGirl16* on 9/15/2011 8:21:00 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!
i say hey to the guy i like everyday. he will say hey and it ends at that. i seriously can't get him off my mind.he said he likes me but he really doesn't act like it. so its just been kinda stuck. my friend told me that if i didn't say hey to him for awwhile then he would say hey to me first... do u think that would work? but that's soo boring! so today i simply said hey and he said hey back,but then later i was walking in the hall with my friend and she started freaking out. she said that he was checking me out! so i was wondering what should i do tomorrow besides just saying hey? thanks!

Hey babe,

Nah, don't play games with him. If you stop saying hey, he might not say anything to you because he thinks you don't like him. And you don't want to give off that vibe! Instead, try gradually making your "heys" more involved. Tomorrow, say "Hey! What's up?" as you pass by. Keep it up for a week, then try dropping by his locker, either to say what's up or ask him a question about homework, the football game on Saturday, his band, etc. Start chatting more and more over time - that's the best way to naturally, and not awkwardly, get to know someone better! Smile
Lauren C.

by Alykat18 on 9/15/2011 6:08:50 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!
I'm so confused. I auditioned for our schools musical this year, because I didn't do it last year and people were telling me to (including my mom) and i felt pressured and forced to audition... and I got in. At first I was like "Okay that's nice" but after the second rehearsal i felt miserable. I'm afraid to quit because people kept asking me why I quit chorus the year before, and I don't want people up in my face about this either. Should I just stay?

Hey babe,

Try to look carefully at the situation and figure out why you're unhappy. Is it the people around you? Is it because you don't like feeling unprepared when you don't know your lines? Is it because you'd rather relax after school? Is it because you felt like people forced you into it and it wasn't "your" choice? Is it because you're nervous about being on stage in front of people? All of these things, while valid reasons to quit, are easily overcome by putting on a positive attitude and reminding yourself of the benefits you're getting from the musical - a new experience, meeting new people, higher confidence, and being a part of a bigger team working toward a goal. But if the issue is that you genuinely do not like being on stage, you do not have any interest in musicals, and you feel like your strengths/passions are elsewhere (writing, science, history, whatever), then it's ok to quit - because then you would be staying true to yourself. To avoid the people ragging on you about quitting (if you do decide to leave), try replacing this activity with something that is closer to your own interests. Your family and friends probably pushed you into this because they want to make sure you're following your passions, which is sweet! So take their cue and well-intentioned advice and find your own Smile
Lauren C.

by xorangeowlx on 9/15/2011 5:39:15 PM

MOD
i posted another question about my teacher marking me down for wrighting about horticulture well i just wanted to clear up that on the sheet he gave us he said we could wright about another shop we wanted and that we didnt have to wright about computer programing but he didnt tell us that we would get 10% off
it rely bugs me cause he said it was ok but he took off for it and if he didn't i would of got a 100
oh and i have another question i feal like that teacher hates the class cause im in a class with a bunch of people who keep on fooling around and talking out and its supper annoing cause if i get bad grades in my shop classes i don't get into my top pick for the rest of high school. Well my question is how can i make him see that im a good student if im not rely good at the class

Hey Sweetie,

This teacher doesn't seem very clear in his directions, so next time he assigns something, make sure all your questions are answered before you start it. Since this class is so important to you, you should sit with other people and concentrate on your work, not socializing. When it gets tempting to fool around in class, just remember that you need a good grade to get into the rest of your classes. If you make your own effort to be quiet and focused in class, your teacher will see an improvement and your reputation will change. If he still seems to think you're a bad student, talk to him after class and let him know that you are making an effort. Here's some extra tips for you. Good luck on scoring those grades!
Rachel N.

by cute.monkey.14 on 9/15/2011 4:51:34 PM

I have an INSANE crush on my BGF. I have been crushing on him for two years. I have a few questions. Is is possible to love someone without actually dating them (other then family),because my friends think that I am in love with him. AND, I want to ask him out so bad but I don't want to lose our awesome friendship. I think that I am willing to take the risk because he likes me back but hasn't made any moves. What should I say and when should I say it? Please answer ASAP!!!

Hey girlie!

Hang tight. If you want to preserve the friendship you can't rush it.  Next time you see him, test the waters with getting closer than you normally are, like say, cuddling up for a movie.  If one of you is going to make a move, it has to gradually happen.  If you jump in and just kiss him or ask him out, he could get scared, or confused and it could get messed up.

Jordan S.

by emstar on 9/15/2011 4:10:59 PM

right now im going through exploritory at my high school (its a vocational one) and i have computer programing this week but on the first day our teacher asked us to right a paragraph about why we wanted to be in this shop OR why we wanted to be in another shop. so i wrote a nice paragraph with no mistakes or anything about why i wanted to do horticulture but he took 10% off just cause i didnt want to be in computers. i dont feal like its fair cause i did the assignment and he didnt mark any mistakes but i got the same grade as other kids who had a bunch of mistakes on things or handed it in late. He even said in class after he handed it back that he would only give 100s to people who wanted to be in his shop. what should i do i wanted to talk to him but i got nevous and didnt.

Hey cutie!

It's understandable for him to mark you down a bit for that since the question was "why do you want to be in this shop (aka computer programing not horticulture)"

Sorry, babe, there's really not much you can do.  Teachers are tricky.

Jordan S.

by cute.monkey.14 on 9/15/2011 4:09:36 PM

You should come to my school. If you don't have the right last name you are basicly a loser to some teachers. The only good teachers at my school are the ones that have worked at a public school(I go to a private school). I, unfourtantly don't have the right last name. I got a 92 on my progress report in a computer class and I should have had higher! That teacher didn't like my sister or brother. but that class doesn't count towards collage. And on time I made a 84 because I didn't Underline the pronoun in the sentences I wrote. If I would have underlined I would've made a 100....

by Georgie 4 on 9/15/2011 4:00:54 PM

in my Pretty Little Liars fan club, you can get the scoop, take quizzes, and talk about the books. we have over 120 members and growing! all you have to do is click on my username,view my clubs, and click on PLL fan club. its that easy! why not join?

by cutiecayley333 on 9/15/2011 3:24:00 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
I've missed alot of school lately because I have a terrible immune system and I keep getting sick. Last week I missed school on Friday morning but went back that afternoon. I didn't get my Social Studies homework on Friday because people told me we had none. So when I got to school on Monday, I told my teacher I didn't get it. She told me I had detention during lunch and if I didn't get it done then, I had detention after school. I went to lunch detention and I misunderstood her and I did the wrong thing and she said to do a different part since the top of it was vocab and I did it and she said to set it on her desk when the bell rang. I saw her during study hall and she didn't say anything about after school detention. I haven't been to school since Monday because I keep getting migraines. I'm going back to school tomorrow and I'm worried I'm gonna have a detention. What should I do to calm down? Sorry this is so long!

Hey girlie!

Got any friends in that class?  Give one of them a ring and ask what's been happening in that class.  Then do whatever you can at home. If it's a worksheet, the once you go back to school you can show that teacher that you're on top of things.  If she tries to give you detention again, have your mom get involved.

Jordan S.

by nerdisthewurd26 on 9/15/2011 3:01:05 PM

My science teacher treats us really unfairly...I'm in honors and she likes to rub it in how much less the academic kids have to do, and if we don't write enough down for an answer, she counts it wrong. :/

by IceTigers on 9/15/2011 2:40:43 PM

first comment! My mom's my teacher so my school pretty much rocks

by tabbycat627 on 9/15/2011 10:23:17 AM