3 HOURS AGO Find out what your go to fall fashion trend is! #GLFashion http://t.co/5YPicHugUv

4 HOURS AGO Find out your body confidence: #GLQuizzes http://t.co/rxV4mmtlqo

5 HOURS AGO Keep those brows in check! Follow these tricks on how to keep up with them: http://t.co/MaRLHigakT

COMMENTS

Sometimes I want to hurt myself

When I do something wrong or stupid, I get really angry at myself and get this incredible urge to hurt myself.

MOD MOD MOD MOD

Hey girlie,

I can only imagine how tough things are for you. Because we wish you only the best, it’s extremely important that you speak to a trusted adult, such as a family member, doctor, guidance counselor, teacher, etc.

Also, for additional help, check out: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2008/08/04/HELP!2.aspx

, Your Blog Patrol Babes

Meghan D.

by Invader Vazzimi on 3/8/2013 11:26:10 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Is there anything I can eat for lunch that wont hurt my sore throat? Swallowing water hurts a lot too.

Hey swifty #1, any soups, jello, tea, and ice cream. Gargling warm salt water may also help. Hope your throat feels better! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by swifty#1 on 12/2/2012 12:54:03 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
please answer this.
I'm really hungry (I skipped dinner) but I have a sore throat and it hurts to swallow ANYTHING! - even just water. What should I do?

Hey girl

If you have a sore throat, water and liquids can really help, even if it hurts. And you should eat if you didn't have dinner, even though it might hurt a little! I would talk to your parents about your throat so they can give you medicine if they think you need it and take you to the doctor if you're sick. Feel better!

Meghan D.

by swifty#1 on 12/2/2012 12:38:59 AM

I have been cutting myself for a year now, mainly because of bullies and family problems. I feel like I don't have a good friend to confide in that won't judge me and my family, well, I can't talk to them. What should I do?

by bandnerd13 on 11/12/2012 8:49:58 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD.
A couple months ago, I tried to kill myself. I did a overdose. Before that, I cut. I seriously regret it. All of it. My mom always thinks I'm going to do it again. I'm not. But recently I've been doing strange things.
I've been talking to myself, being mean, then after being mean, crying. Feeling weird, and I'm scared everytime I have a stomach ache. I want to starve myself, I lie all the time. I'm mad for no reason. I don't like my mom's boyfriend, but in the same way I do. I hate being touched. Even by my mom, I don't have any motivation to do anything, all I know is I want out. I don't want to die, I've realized, but I'm sad because I don't have a fairytale life. Whats wrong with me? Help please.

Hey girlie,

I totally understand your desire to need everything to be perfect - to be upset and feel like you have nothing just because you don't have it all. But I also understand regretting what you've done before, because it's clear your mom is worried about you. But you don't need to feel embarrassed or guilty about feeling these emotions - you're feeling them, and that makes them real. Please please please talk to your mom and tell her you're feeling overwhelmed by things right now. Ask her if she can help you find a counselor or a therapist that you can talk to, even just once a week. I know it might seem weird at first (to talk to a stranger about your problems), but more people have therapists than you would think - and they've heard it all. When your fears and worries get this big, it is SO SO hard to get rid of them on your own. It helps so much to have someone trustworthy to talk to, to help you work through your problems, and to team up with you to find solutions to them. Promise you'll try this so you don't have to live with these worries forever? It'll eat away at you if you let it - but if you tackle them head on with help, you'll feel SO much better <3
Lauren C.

by MingMingToo on 7/27/2012 12:56:46 AM

i cut so yeah...

by caca35 on 6/9/2012 6:08:17 PM

i was here too, up till a few weeks ago. i would pinch myself where i knew it would hurt the most, and it got so bad i contemplated suicide, but then my best friend saved me. she made me realize that there would be someone that missed me, and i couldnt leave her like that. she helped me realize the whole reason i hurt myself was because i have an inferiority complex, and shes been the most supportive friend in the world. i love her so much, and if it weren't for monica i wouldnt be writing this to you. it gets better, i promise, even though sometimes it feels like it wont.

stay strong!
love,
morgan

by njrox09 on 4/14/2012 6:57:49 PM

mod mod mod
Please help me. I think I have an aniety problem, sleep paralyis, and a over the scale imgination. I sleep with the lights on and I can't sleep until I'm exausted because I'm scared of what will happen when I close my eyes. on certian night I'll wake up and see what's above me but then I'll try to move and can't and then I'll try to scream and I can't. after a few minutes I'll wake for real and I think I'll hear someone breaking in or feel someone watching me and I can't sleep a wink until I know for sure what's real then a few hours later I'll wake up in the same fear until I see day light in the sky. then I have to get out of my room and be sure my family is still alive. what are these terrors?! I'm only 11 and this happens every night! I'm so scared from just talking about I'm crying! help please.....

hey girl! this sounds like sleep paralysis. no worries, this happens to me sometimes too so i totally get how it feels completely frightening but its more common than ya think! this is simply your body transitioning from being awake to sleep mode. sometimes it doesnt transition smoothly so thats when the sleep paralysis happens. dont worry, you're completely safe! xo, erin m.

erin m.

by tabbycat627 on 3/27/2012 3:42:11 PM

MOD MOD MOD! Hey, I've noticed that i have been becoming depressed... I have been going to my room right after school and have been blocking out my mom and brother.. I made a very terrible mistake on new years and ever since my mom and family look down at me including my friends... I feel as if no one cares about me anymore.. I have attempted suicide before and no one knows besides my best friend.. I feel like there is no way to be happy again after what I have done,, everyday at school, I hide my feelings and fake a laugh or smile... Im tired of it

Hey girl,

I'm so sorry to hear you feel this way! You should try to talk to a counselor, your parents or any other adult that you can trust! We all make mistakes; nobody's perfect! No matter how badly you messed up on new years, it's time for forgiveness and time for you to move on! Please visit www.nineline.org or call 1-800-999-9999 if you'd rather talk to someone that has a more objective view on the whole situation! Keep your head up, girl! Don't give up on life and always remember that you're not alone! XoXo,
alicia m.

by SkilletLover0810 on 3/6/2012 12:00:32 PM

So I'm a little freaked out. I didn't know that pinching yourself when mad was self harm. I've done it before. Only when I am really mad, but that is at least once a week. I never do it very hard, and it barely seems to help, but now I'm scared. I thought only cutting was self harm! I've also been feeling left out recently. It's not that I don't have friends, because I do, but I just feel left out sometimes. I'm not depressed. What do you think it might be? I'm in 6th grade if that helps. (So much drama!)

Hey girlie,

Nope, "self harm" doesn't only mean cutting - it can mean pinching, hitting, burning, or any number of hurtful things that you do to teach yourself a lesson, punish yourself, feel physical pain, and/or escape emotional pain. This pinching might not be a huge problem because it doesn't happen very often and doesn't leave lasting damage, but it is absolutely self harm and definitely is a sign of a bigger issue here. If you're feeling left out, challenge yourself to take more control of your life! Invite friends to hang out so you're around people and being social. Join a new club to branch out and meet even more people. Surround yourself with friends/family and hobbies that make you feel really happy. And don't beat yourself up if you make a mistake or get emotional. Channel those feelings by writing in a journal, going to the gym, or scribbling your angry triggers on a piece of paper, then tearing it up and throwing it (and your worries) away. <3
Lauren C.