42 MINUTES AGO Raise your hand if you're excited for our Twitter takeover with @bellathorne tomorrow. Join us at 3pm EST and post Qs with #GLbella! 🙋🙋🙋

AN HOUR AGO You probabllllllly shouldn't do this at the gym: http://t.co/wZ2tSDGRqn

1 HOURS AGO This brave teen's quick-thinking saves a life: http://t.co/hll1TkUO5i

COMMENTS

Sometimes I want to hurt myself

When I do something wrong or stupid, I get really angry at myself and get this incredible urge to hurt myself.

This is my reply to.....
Lynae P./ImJustMe96

DEAR LYANE,
I am sooooooooo sorry this is happening. Even though he told you not to tell anyone, you should. He could eventually kill himself with these habits. Take my advice, or you could loose him forever.

by Singeratheart on 1/16/2012 6:01:30 PM

MOD MOD MOD What I want to know is, am I just overreacting or is this something more serious? Please help, I don't know what to do.

Hey girl,

I can only imagine how tough things are for you. Because we wish you only the best, it's important for you to speak with a trusted adult (family member, teacher, doctor, guidance counselor, etc. as soon as you can! You can also refer to the links at the bottom of this post, which include hotlines of people willing to speak with you about difficult issues. http://www.girlslife.com/post/2008/08/04/HELP!2.aspx.

Meghan D.

by SquishyKitty on 12/19/2011 11:20:10 AM

someone please help. ive been really depressed lately, for about 6 months, and a few weeks ago i let someone hurt me because i didnt care and i have no one to talk to. i already tried talking to my parents, a teacher, and a friend's mom, but no one understood or cared how depressed i am. i have been cutting myself deeper and deeper and sometimes i want to kill myself and try to, but back out at the last second. someone help me, please

Hon I'm so sorry youre so stressed and depressed and feel lost Frown i suggest you talk to your guidance counselor again. Really tell them how you feel. Tell them about the cutting and how you feel hopeless because you cant get out of this rut. I guarantee they'll care. If they dont understand what youre going through and you dont tell them the whole truth then they wont notice, but if you tell them really how bad you feel theyll listen. Good luck hon.. I hope you get better. Remember - many people will be completely heart broken if youre gone. Plus life is precious. You have a big future ahead of you. Dont throw it away <3 xoxo kerra
Kerra S.

by Lissie487 on 12/11/2011 5:54:34 PM

MOD MOD
ive been really depressed lately. Im usually happy, perky, in a good mood, fun, and and thats what friends love about me.. but ive noticed im starting to change. my parents are always on my nerves, i dont want to go to church, see or talk to my distant sister, or be the friendly person i usually am. it makes me so mad at myself for not being me. even some of my friends have noticed. if you can help, thanksSmile

Hey girlie,

Don't be mad at yourself for this! We all go through emotional phases in our lives, and some are worse than others. But don't get frustrated with yourself - it's not your fault! Are you getting enough sleep each night? Are you taking care of your body? Are you participating in things you love, rather than being overwhelmed by work/homework? Are you taking time for yourself to recharge? Are you being honest about your feelings instead of bottling them inside? All of these things can help center your mind and bring you more peaceful happiness. Try writing down all your frustrations in a journal, joining a new club/volunteering at a local charity, writing a screenplay, working out...whatever it is that brings you happiness. Take time for yourself and do this every day! If you're still having trouble overcoming these feelings, try talking to a counselor at your school. They can help you talk it out and get to the real reason behind it!!!! <3
Lauren C.

by baileybluu on 12/2/2011 9:35:52 PM

Mod
My best friend doesn't like people who cut themselves, because she thinks they're crazy. This affects me because I cut every one and a while. I'm her best friend, and I really want to tell her (Because she knows almost everything about me) but I don't want her to think I'm crazy. How can I tell her? Should I even tell her at all?

Hey girlie,

If it's a secret that is weighing on your shoulders and you think you would feel better telling her, consider it. She has this attitude because she's never had someone bring cutting close to home for her - she thinks of it as this "crazy person's problem" without knowing the true reasons behind it (or the people who actually do it). If you do tell her, do it in person and one-on-one. Tell her that she knows practically everything about you, so you want to share this with her no matter what. Show her your reasons behind cutting and make this personal for her now - you're her friend, a real person, who sometimes feels overwhelmed and uses this to help cope. Tell her you are rational and know this isn't healthy, but that you aren't crazy and you hope she'll still be here to support you until you can heal. Give her the "facts" of the situation so she learns something - and hopefully she will change her way of thinking about it <3

And I think this goes without saying, but PLEASE PLEASE don't cut again. I know it feels like a temporary fix for a huge problem, but in reality it's not fixing anything, disrespectful to your own body, and a habit that is life-threatening. Please get help for this! <3
Lauren C.

by rocketships_and_radios on 11/26/2011 11:21:36 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!
My older brother is seriously depressed and he is drinking too much and smoking weed and cutting himself because his girl friend broke up with him. he has A.D.D. and he says that she is the only one besides me that saw the real him and didn't run away (this is partially true). He just told me tonight about all of this and he's 21 and im 15 he told me he's going to get help but not to tell anyone. i don't know what to do! Every since we were little we were told to watch out for each other and we are and i don't think he realized but i've already told him that "He's my big brother. There's nothing i wouldn't do for him" and he knows that. He's been drinking every day and he carrys around a brisk iced tea bottle filled with rum and another one with white wine. WHAT AM I GOING TO DO!!!! BUT I CAN'T TELL ANYONE!!!

Lynae P.

by ImJustMe96 on 11/26/2011 7:07:10 PM

I'm 13 and in July my parents told me they were getting a divorce after 20 years of marriage. My mom moved out and I live with her half the time. She got a boyfriend and my dad got a girlfriend. I was okay with the whole situation I guess until about 2 weeks ago when my dads girlfriend died, in our house. Out of anger, sadness, and confusion I broke up with my own boyfriend and started cutting myself. Ever since my mom left, my dads girlfriend died, and I dumped my boyfriend I get mad about everything, cut myself, then cry myself to sleep. Last week I met a new guy and I really like him and his parents are getting a divorce too so he understands what I am going through but when he found out I cut myself he started being really shady and ignoring me more. I wish I don't do it but I can't help it, it's the only thing that makes me feel good right now. I just want it all to stop. I never wanted this to happen, and I wish my life could be normal again. I know I need help so what so I do?

by echeer32898 on 11/24/2011 11:04:14 PM

hey girl! I am so sorry that you have been feeling this way. I am sure your mom would take the time to help you once she realizes how badly you need it. Check out nineline.org for some extra help and talk to people who can give you some better advice. I hope everything works out!  Ana D.

by savvylula on 11/22/2011 12:46:02 AM

ive been thru the same exact thing. but later i learned u cant solve ur problems by injuring urself u have to love urself and just move on everyone makes mistakes

by Camryn123 on 11/20/2011 6:58:29 PM

Mod mod mod!!
My mom smokes in secret but I know. I really want her to stop because I used to go through self harm and I lost a friend due to it. What can I do to help her stop without letting her know I know she smokes.

Hey girl, you could mention how hard it was with your friend as an indirect hint to her that you wouldn't want to go through that again, especially with a family member. Just tell her how you feel, but don't call her out for her habit directly. It's all you can do in this sitch (besides let your dad or another family member know).

xoxo