6 HOURS AGO It's official—we're obsessing over Jacquie Lee's new EP: http://t.co/dHZwPbO3da

9 HOURS AGO Homework? What homework? #Crewel is on @wattpad for free! #bookworm #bookclub http://t.co/TsLFsrnwAH

10 HOURS AGO Join the GL gram fam and follow us on Insta for pretty pix and behind-the-scenes snaps: http://t.co/Umf3MGtn7Y

COMMENTS

Sometimes I want to hurt myself

When I do something wrong or stupid, I get really angry at myself and get this incredible urge to hurt myself.

Hey girl, first of all, know you're not the only one going through what you're going through. It's not easy, but I think now more than ever it's important to reach out and take help: from your guidance counselor or a trusted adult. Your friends' threats stem from the care they have for you: they want you to take care of yourself. It's up to you to take the first step to getting better: accepting the help around you. Just realize that there are so many people who care about you and who want you to reach out and take their hand and do so.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by dancerchic_4 on 11/14/2011 4:58:32 PM

I clench my teeth I don't know why but when I get mad I do or sad or anything like that

by MO2112 on 11/12/2011 2:43:17 PM

At a basketball game, one of my best friends ran into me. We collided and I fell to the floor. She hit my head, which caused my mouth close hard, giving me a bruise and a little fat lip. I was okay, because I have a "hard head"(haha), and I'm tough. I think she hit her eye when we collided, too. Today, for basketball she was not here and the coach told us that she got a black eye and because it is so swollen she can barely open it. If he is exaggerating, I know not. I feel really bad, even though it wasn't really my fault because she ran into me. However, when we go to school everyone is gonna think it is my fault, and feel "oh so bad" for her. I think everyone will turn on me, too. What do I do? what do I say?

Hey babe!

I don't think everyone will turn on you because this was an accident. I think you should call your friend today and let her know you're sorry about what happened - even though it wasn't your fault, it's a good way to clear things up. You could get her a little something for her black eye, too - like a cool-shaped ice pack! She'll really appreciate it. Good luck, girl! xoxox
Devin A.

by Danielle:)3 on 11/11/2011 2:39:42 PM

i cut, i told my parents, they didnt care. i told a friend, she yelled at me

by Lissie487 on 11/10/2011 11:34:17 PM

MOD MOD MOD My great grandma died almost three months ago, but I still really miss her. I'm never really hungry I just eat because I know I need to and because my family would think I was anorxic if I didn't. Activities I used to enjoy or that I at least didn't mind I can't stand now. I'm always sad and I've tried so many things to take my mind off of her, but nothing works so I have resorted to cutting my self. However, I am not suicidal. I know I shouldn't but it seems like the only thing that helps. I can't let anyone know that I cut myself because they would tell my mom and my mom would yell at me and tell me how stupid it is. I don't know what to do anymore. Please Please help me.

Hey girlfriend, sounds like you need another way to release your emotions, because cutting yourself is not a good route. Try other things like listening to music, or jotting your thoughts down. Confide your feelings into a friend or family member. It's okay to feel sadness over your grandmother's death, I certainly would. But just think your grandma would want you to be happy, and feeling good when you think about her, not being sad and cutting yourself. I hope you feel better and let me know if you have anymore questions. Smile Smile

Lynae P.

by ScarShadow15 on 11/9/2011 6:32:29 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!
Could you explain why so many people think it's funny to make fun of "emo" people? I would just like to understand their thinking. I know cutting is kind of a funny way to deal with things, not in the haha sense of course, but strange. Are their brains just too small to understand that people think and do things differently? Does it just scare them that people would cut themselves?

Hey girlie,

I think there are two different types of people that criticize emo people: 1) People who are like "Well I have a lot of problems too but I don't have to cut myself, gosh you're being so dramatic." It's so close-minded but these people, I think, just feel like there are other ways of dealing with problems. They're correct in that there are other ways of dealing with problems...but, for some people, cutting does seem like the right way. So they're kinda closing their eyes to a really big issue, which isn't good. And 2) People who hear "emo" and think of boy bands with floppy black hair and eyeliner who sing about losing the girl they loved. That's more of a cartoonish way to think about "emo," but it's a way that many people see it! Try not to worry about the critics - that's a lesson that applies in ALL areas of life, not just this one Smile
Lauren C.

by taytay724 on 10/28/2011 12:07:34 AM

mod mod mod
just gone in to middle school and the homework is coming on a bit stressful and i dont no how to keep up wiv it ??xx

by lilyella on 10/12/2011 2:29:05 PM

MOD so people say im AlWAYS cranky. my moms friends say it my brothers say it my mom says it. but not my dad. even my family that i dont live with treats me like dirt. every one treats me like dirt. i dont try to be cranky. or mean to.

Hey babe!

Try to think about why you're coming off as cranky. Are you stressing about your math test, or is your BFF insulting you? Try to pinpoint what you're going through or what behaviors could make people think you're being cranky, and try to change those actions. If you still can't figure it out and still need someone to talk to, try calling one of these numbers: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2008/08/04/HELP!2.aspx Good luck girl!
Devin A.

Y
I
N
G
!
!
! Stop Bullying once and for all!!!!

by AppleFrizzle22 on 9/25/2011 6:20:37 PM

Tomorrow, my parents are going to talk to this counselor that I had to see because my parents think I have ADHD and stuff like that, and I'm really scared to hear the results (I'm not going to the meting but my parents will tell me when I get home) I'm really scared. What should I do? They already had a meeting with the school and they tested me and said they don't know if I have ADHD (that's what the counselors for) but I do have a learning thing like ADHD or Dyslexia. Please help!
Chloe

What exactly has you scared love? Instead of being afraid, think of it this way: there is something going on and your parents are looking for a solution to help you Smile

Briitany G.