AN HOUR AGO Real talk—my room was clean... then I needed a shirt: http://t.co/zfG1nfcONo

4 HOURS AGO Kick your costume up a notch with 6 Halloween beauty DIYs: http://t.co/1KW6HBlNQb

5 HOURS AGO Put THIS on your pie: http://t.co/7BjsohLMXk

COMMENTS

My buds are busting on my bod

I try to be happy with my body but they keep making me feel more self-conscious!

I wish that people would stop complaining about being skinny. They obviously don't know how hard it is for some people to keep weight off, no matter what they do. It's just plain insensitive.

by Harry-Potter-Fan on 9/26/2011 8:31:17 PM

Get new friends. Rude, and unless it is life threatening, that's just mean. Me and my friends joke and stuff but are never for real. And girl I have no boobs either and I am pretty old. Just be yourself

by topchef88 on 9/26/2011 8:07:47 PM

MODMODMOD
i was going out with my boyfriend for like 4 weeks. but then i dumped him cuz he was getting really gross. the next day, my best friend told me that she liked him, i acted like a was cool with it. but i don't know, should i be,she is hanging with him all the time, should i be mad at her or cool with it??? i don't want to hurt anyone
thanxx Smile <3

Hey girl, I'd be cool with it. Remember, you dumped him. If she likes him and he likes her, that's great. She's not doing it to hurt you; she's doing it because she likes the guy.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by triecelove'scandy on 9/26/2011 7:41:49 PM

Hey! This same exact thing happens to me ALL the time. They are cutting me down for being too skinny, and about what I eat and the fact that I exercise. I don't have anyone to turn to when it comes to this though, no other friends. I've asked everyone to stop a million times, and they know it hurts my feelings, but they still think it's a joke. What should I do?

Hey girl, I would just ignore them if worse comes to worse. Feel confident in the decisions you're making and that you're taking care of yourself. Remember, your pals aren't your mother.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by mememe6 on 9/26/2011 6:51:42 PM

my friend said guys only like me because i have big boobs

by millia7 on 9/26/2011 6:24:00 PM

Mod Mod Mod
Ok so I haven't gotten the last 2 issues of GL and I feel like I'm out of style and my fashion sense expired! I never heard anything about my subscription expiring so I would just like to know what is going on. Thanks!

Hey girl, check out our Style section for articles on the latest trends (http://www.girlslife.com/category/style-beauty.aspx). You can also manage your subscription (and get it renewed!) here: https://secure.girlslife.com/AccountLookup.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fRenewSub.aspx

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by minkymouse on 9/26/2011 6:09:33 PM

Mod: This past Friday night, my parents FINALLY met one of my best friends at school. One way to describe her is...the complete opposite of me. (I think that's why we get along so well!) My friend always says that I'm the level-headed one, and she's the crazy one. She's just really nice, funny, and simply awesome. But my mom said that she was TOO crazy, and that she probably wouldn't be able to come over to my house. I protested, saying that it wasn't fair to her or to me to judge my friend on only one night of actions. But my mom still won't budge. What do I do?

Hey girl, I think you presented a completely rational argument. I'd ask your mom why she objects so much to the two of you getting together. Get to the root of her concerns and reassure her that she doesn't have to worry about you changing.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by IvoryPiano on 9/26/2011 5:44:31 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!
ok there is this guy that i use to like,and he is in a grade above me,but we share the same hall. and he sits behind me in lunch. and well i found out quick that he is a jerk! but lately his friends have been everywhere! and they are all my friends now and every day they ask me if i like him! and i hate him! and he said that i had fat hips and an ugly face...i think that he was doing that to mean but idk! lately he won't leave me alone! he's not harrasing me,he's just picking on me. do u think he likes me?

Hey girl, it's hard to say. Sometimes guys will do that to hide their feelings; other times they're just teasing you to get a reaction. I'd ignore him and let him find a new tactic to get your attention. You don't have to take his insults.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by Alykat18 on 9/26/2011 4:55:17 PM

MOD!
I was just wondering if you knew when the winners of the Fab Fiction Contest were going to be released?

Hey girl!

We're still reading through entries! I'll be sure to update ya when we know more Smile
Devin A.

by coleypoke22 on 9/26/2011 3:07:26 PM

There are going to be plenty times in a girl's life when someone is going to put you down, whether intentionally or not. Our too big or too small noses, height or mass issues. No one is perfect, we have to remember to love our flaws. Don't hide from them, embrace yourself.
LOVE