1 HOURS AGO If you have food allergies, then you know the struggle is real: http://t.co/nO9df9R6Au

2 HOURS AGO Found: The best bangs for your face shape: http://t.co/qST9gEsIfs

3 HOURS AGO Go behind the scenes of this year's #GLfashbash: http://t.co/qDH8tnIGJi

COMMENTS

My buds are busting on my bod

I try to be happy with my body but they keep making me feel more self-conscious!

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I know I probably should not be up this late but I can't sleep. We got shots at school today, and I ended up getting 5. 2 on my left arm and 3 on my right. Whenever I turn in bed (which I cannot control I always end up turning) my arms are so sore. What should I do?

Hey girl! Ouch, no fun. To tone down the pain, ask your parents for some ibuprofen. Feel better!

xoxo

Katie L.

by Swifty#1 on 11/28/2012 3:10:19 AM

Well, here goes nothin' :
MOD MOD MOD MOD,
Can girls on GL become a mod? If so, how?
Thank Ya!

Hey babe, unfortunately, you can't become a Mod, but you can become a GL Advice Queen and dish out all your great tips! Get started on your Advice Queen page right here: http://www.girlslife.com/BecomeAnAdviceQueen.aspx

Jess D.

by ShirleyFeeney on 11/12/2012 3:20:36 PM

I SOOO know how that feels. People always say that I need to get some 'meat on my bones' or gain weight.

by ShirleyFeeney on 11/12/2012 3:18:20 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
im 13 in 7th and im really skinny and i hardly have any boobs and my friends make fun of me. is there any way that i can bring my selfestime up

Hey babe,

You gotta remember that everyone has stuff about them that they don't like. Some girls think they're too tall, some thing they're too curvy, some think they're too skinny, some think their race isn't pretty or their hair is too curly....we've heard it ALL. But that doesn't mean you aren't beautiful! Every time you feel bad, look in the mirror. Challenge yourself to find two things you love about yourself: 1 physical thing and 1 personality thing. For example, you're having an amazing hair day and you're a good role model for your younger sibs. Each time, make them different things. You might feel sad or totally insecure, but you WILL find those strengths/skills if you search for them. <3 You're awesome!!
Lauren C.

by cutiepie14231 on 1/26/2012 6:28:24 PM

My friends do that to me too. I am 11 and I weigh (edited) pounds. Is that a healthy weight?? They always say I am to skinny. I know how you feel. And I am flat chested and they make fun of me when I wear a trainer. Last time I checked... They are so you can get used to wearing bras...

Hey girlie,

We mods can help ya with all kinds of situations, but we aren't qualified to judge whether your weight is healthy/overweight/underweight. (Neither are your friends.) That's a question for your doctor! So if you're concerned or even just curious, definitely ask him/her the next time you're at the office. You can trust their advice!!!!
Lauren C.

by SydneyAnne000 on 12/11/2011 12:05:15 AM

I am very tall and thin with a super flat chest so I know how it feels, but be thankful of who you are. Many girls have to worry about gaining weight but we are the lucky ones who dont have to worr about it. And if your friends are making fun of you they are probably just jealous and insecure about their own bodies, so dont take it personally.

by may__flower on 10/24/2011 6:17:02 PM

i'm skinny too, but i am popular, so no one makes fun of me Tong

by Melah's Life! on 10/15/2011 5:18:41 PM

I am skinny and flat- chested and my friends call me annorexic sometimes, even though I'm not! It makes me mad, and then I try to tell them that my whole family is like that, but they never even listen, and do it again. Also I know of some people talking about me behind my back, because I'm so skinny. Its seems like everyone in the school but me has boobs!! I also know some guys who dumped their girlfriends because their boobs weren't big enough. Does anyone have anything that would help me?

by rileytibbles on 10/12/2011 9:35:38 PM

MOD MOD MOD!I've never had a bf or even kissed a guy.How do I get one?

Check out this section for great tips: GirlsLife.com - Get a BF Smile

Brittany G.

Brittany G.

by Colors_Of_The_World on 10/12/2011 12:18:15 AM

MOD? (Sorry, I'm a bit new to this Tong)
First of all, let me say that I think this is a very well run website. You guys give really great and supporting advice. Smile
Now it's my turn to ask a question I guess... I'm 15 years old, pretty skinny, and seriously flat. I'm sure 10 year olds have larger chests than I do. I can never really fill up fancy shirts or dresses (the shoulder parts keep falling) , so I end up wearing t-shirts most of the time with a bra that fits me alright, though they all seem to be a bit roomy. A dance is coming up at my school soon and I really want to go, wear a dress, just fit in and have fun, but I just can't seem to find a nice, inexpensive dress that actually fits me and accentuates what little curves I have. I don't want anyone to think that I have none, even if they are microscopic. -__- If I wear a bra with the dress, the straps show and I would rather that not happen. Are there any tips you have to suggest for me? Smile Thank you very much in advance! Laughing

Hey girl,

Welcome to GL! I'm so glad you're loving your experience so far - we're glad to have ya! Smile Now to your question. Try going for drama with your dress - a low-cut V neck dress with a padded push-up bra underneath will give ya the chance to fake some curves, while also accentuating the ones you've got! You could also wear a cropped jacket over the dress you choose, to give your upper body a little bit more volume. You should also try gathered bustlines, bustlines with details like cascading ruffles or a bow, lace, sequins, etc. They'll call attention to your bust while also giving it the illusion of more volume. The most important thing though is to find a bra that fits you and feels good for your everyday style - not just on special occasions! So try to going to a department store or Victoria's Secret and asking their staff for a padded bra that will help a flat-chested gal. They'll totally know what to recommend!
Lauren C.

by cherry_berry on 10/9/2011 2:52:41 AM

look dont worry about your chest its not like u have a choice to make them bigger dont worry about them ignore them and if that dosnt work then they are not your friends

by kylara on 10/8/2011 3:41:03 PM

my friends do the same thing to me but I`m glad i don't have HUGE boobs and theirs aren't much bigger than mine

by yoyoandhoops456 on 10/6/2011 8:17:57 PM

i wish i could be skinny you're lucky so don't worry trust me every thing eevens out in the end

by juliacar on 10/1/2011 2:20:23 PM

MOD
I just got braces and they hurt really bad! I can stand the pain, but now I slur my s's and th's.

Ouch! I've been there, babe. Luckily, your mouth just needs some time to adjust to the new metal in there. The slurring will stop in a day or two max - just keep talking through it! You won't even notice, but you'll gradually get the hang of talking with your new gear. As for the pain, sometimes the orthodontist can give you wax to put on poking wires to ease the sharp pain. Advil and Tylenol can help at first as well. Lay off acidic foods like ketchup and orange juice so you don't irritate it further! And hang in there - we all go through this, and it always turns out ok! Smile
Lauren C.

by lbradshaw35 on 10/1/2011 12:09:50 AM

Hi, so i have a really low self esteem. I've always had body problems. I feel like I can't show myself to anyone. I can't go to the beach without wearing something to cover myself up. I'm 5'5 and ithink about 164lbs. I'm not that fat but I'm not skinny. My dad told me about a month ago (It really made me upset I called my mom crying-divorced parents) my dad said "You were skinny when you were 5, what happened?" I was torn apart from this. All my friends are so pretty and skinny and have guys chasing after them. So that puts my self esteem even lower! I don't know what to do! I'm really torn apart and I have my dad and his gf coming at me from both ends saying i have to go to the gym. I've really and truly considered aneorexia. I know thats terrible. But I don't think ill ever do it, but how do i stop thinking about it? and like myself for who i am? and lose weight without harming my body? Please help! thank you!

Hey girl! Don't listen to what others are telling you. If going to the gym and working out will make you feel better than go for it. But do what makes you happy! Also, try working on how you see yourself. If you start to see yourself as pretty and act confident, then others will see it to. Talk to your doctor if you still struggle with this and they will be able to give you healthier, and safer, ways to loose weight. Good luck!
Ana D.

by wigreengummybear on 9/29/2011 3:06:52 AM

MOD MOD MOD! My sister keeps calling me fat! and so did my grampa but hes fatter!

Hey missy, sounds like your sister and grandpa are just insecure with their bodies, and it makes them feel better to point out "flaws" in yours, (even though you probably don't have anySmile) So just ignore them or shoot them an insult back. Hope this helps and have confidence in your bod! Smile Smile

Lynae P.

by impi on 9/28/2011 6:58:21 PM

I'm naturally skinny too. I use to be self-conscious but I don't care at all anymore. Some people shove tubes down there throats to get skinny...Gross I know.

by Chloe<3 on 9/27/2011 2:40:42 AM

This morning I walked into school, and my "friend" made a face at my shorts, then said "You have a GIANT zit on your forehead" and pointed to it. "It's a bug bite." I reminded her, and it was! Then as I walked to class, ignoring her she said (in front of some of my other friends) "You know how when you wear a white shirt, and like, a pink bra, that it like, shows?" She giggled. It's the closest running bra color they have to a skin tone! And really, unless you are looking hard you can't tell. So I went into assembly, and sat down. My real friend A. sat down, rolled her eyes at them, and submerged me in convo.
I learned today that you can tell a real friend by how they always support you, and know what you would do for them in a sitch and do the same. I am cashing in some new friends tomorrow, ones who share my interest- not feed off of insecurity.

by RaceTiger7 on 9/26/2011 10:19:39 PM

girl, i ttly know how u feel! some 'immature' friends of mine make fun of my boobs (they r completly flat!) and my period Frown . i understand . so i found new friends that were more mature and could handle puberty.

im super skinny too! but my friend whos fatter is envy of me... Smile

DONT LET THEM HURT YOUR FEELINGS!! KEEP SMILIN' Smile

by Twinkles77 on 9/26/2011 10:09:32 PM

Get new freinds. Or tell the old ones that they're hurting your feelings and need to stop.

by frenchblondie on 9/26/2011 8:41:13 PM

I wish that people would stop complaining about being skinny. They obviously don't know how hard it is for some people to keep weight off, no matter what they do. It's just plain insensitive.

by Harry-Potter-Fan on 9/26/2011 8:31:17 PM

Get new friends. Rude, and unless it is life threatening, that's just mean. Me and my friends joke and stuff but are never for real. And girl I have no boobs either and I am pretty old. Just be yourself

by topchef88 on 9/26/2011 8:07:47 PM

MODMODMOD
i was going out with my boyfriend for like 4 weeks. but then i dumped him cuz he was getting really gross. the next day, my best friend told me that she liked him, i acted like a was cool with it. but i don't know, should i be,she is hanging with him all the time, should i be mad at her or cool with it??? i don't want to hurt anyone
thanxx Smile <3

Hey girl, I'd be cool with it. Remember, you dumped him. If she likes him and he likes her, that's great. She's not doing it to hurt you; she's doing it because she likes the guy.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by triecelove'scandy on 9/26/2011 7:41:49 PM

Hey! This same exact thing happens to me ALL the time. They are cutting me down for being too skinny, and about what I eat and the fact that I exercise. I don't have anyone to turn to when it comes to this though, no other friends. I've asked everyone to stop a million times, and they know it hurts my feelings, but they still think it's a joke. What should I do?

Hey girl, I would just ignore them if worse comes to worse. Feel confident in the decisions you're making and that you're taking care of yourself. Remember, your pals aren't your mother.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by mememe6 on 9/26/2011 6:51:42 PM

my friend said guys only like me because i have big boobs

by millia7 on 9/26/2011 6:24:00 PM

Mod Mod Mod
Ok so I haven't gotten the last 2 issues of GL and I feel like I'm out of style and my fashion sense expired! I never heard anything about my subscription expiring so I would just like to know what is going on. Thanks!

Hey girl, check out our Style section for articles on the latest trends (http://www.girlslife.com/category/style-beauty.aspx). You can also manage your subscription (and get it renewed!) here: https://secure.girlslife.com/AccountLookup.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fRenewSub.aspx

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by minkymouse on 9/26/2011 6:09:33 PM

Mod: This past Friday night, my parents FINALLY met one of my best friends at school. One way to describe her is...the complete opposite of me. (I think that's why we get along so well!) My friend always says that I'm the level-headed one, and she's the crazy one. She's just really nice, funny, and simply awesome. But my mom said that she was TOO crazy, and that she probably wouldn't be able to come over to my house. I protested, saying that it wasn't fair to her or to me to judge my friend on only one night of actions. But my mom still won't budge. What do I do?

Hey girl, I think you presented a completely rational argument. I'd ask your mom why she objects so much to the two of you getting together. Get to the root of her concerns and reassure her that she doesn't have to worry about you changing.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by IvoryPiano on 9/26/2011 5:44:31 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!
ok there is this guy that i use to like,and he is in a grade above me,but we share the same hall. and he sits behind me in lunch. and well i found out quick that he is a jerk! but lately his friends have been everywhere! and they are all my friends now and every day they ask me if i like him! and i hate him! and he said that i had fat hips and an ugly face...i think that he was doing that to mean but idk! lately he won't leave me alone! he's not harrasing me,he's just picking on me. do u think he likes me?

Hey girl, it's hard to say. Sometimes guys will do that to hide their feelings; other times they're just teasing you to get a reaction. I'd ignore him and let him find a new tactic to get your attention. You don't have to take his insults.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by Alykat18 on 9/26/2011 4:55:17 PM

MOD!
I was just wondering if you knew when the winners of the Fab Fiction Contest were going to be released?

Hey girl!

We're still reading through entries! I'll be sure to update ya when we know more Smile
Devin A.

by coleypoke22 on 9/26/2011 3:07:26 PM

There are going to be plenty times in a girl's life when someone is going to put you down, whether intentionally or not. Our too big or too small noses, height or mass issues. No one is perfect, we have to remember to love our flaws. Don't hide from them, embrace yourself.
LOVE
LIVE
LAUGH

by i_luv_devin on 9/26/2011 1:58:31 PM

I was wondering who I email if I had an idea for who should be on the next issue of GL

Hey honey! You can write to our editor-in-chief Karen at letters@girlslife.com. She'll be happy to hear of any suggestions!

Amalia E.