12 HOURS AGO From patient princess to spoiled brat, how demanding are you? Take the #quiz and see: http://t.co/esCqSBDnyT

13 HOURS AGO "My girls say he's a cheater...should I believe them?" http://t.co/rnIcn2ddgJ

14 HOURS AGO #tbt to that time we had an ice cream + gossip sesh with @rydelR5 // #r5family #r5 pic.twitter.com/KXTAl9aBVa

COMMENTS

5 things to do before your next babysitting job

Super sitter award, here you come!

MOD MOD MOD MOD

I am 12 years old and next summer when I am 13 I would like to start babysitting kids in my neighborhood for a job. I have a few Qs for you. First of all, do you think 5 or 6 dollars and hour is an acceptable price? And, I was thinking that I could babysit kids ages 1-10. Is that a good age range for a 13 year old? I have a 2 year old sister and a 5 year old brother that I babysit often. I've been helping with them both since they were babies. I am also CPR certified and my mom agreed to let me take an online Red Cross babysitting class sometime before I start. Do you think I'm ready?

Hey girlie, I think $5-10 is a reasonable hourly rate. Ages 1-10 is probably good. But if it's only a 10-year-old, you might feel a little uncomfortable being so close in age. I think you're definitely ready! By the time you're 13 you'll be totally ready to babysit!

Lauren T.

by Mcmuffins10 on 7/29/2013 8:58:35 PM

Hey guys! What are some fun summer crafts/recipes to make with kids when you babysit?

by ponygirl6298 on 6/13/2012 4:29:52 PM

im 12 i baby sit 2 twin boys that are 2 and i 3 year old girl inone family.i also babys sit 3 girls one is almost 2another is 8 and another is 9 but the older girls are both taller then me so they think they are in control well mostly the 9 year old but really they dont know much of how to care for ther little sister enen the 2 year old how do i keep trackof all 3 and let the 9 year old know whos in charge!!!help

by sophiesue22 on 6/8/2012 3:45:55 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
There are these new people that moved to the apartment a couple months and they're a few doors away. Their 2 little girls, 5 and 7, made friends with my little sister and ever since my sister has been going to their house and they've been coming to our hosue constantly especially over the winter break. I read the little one who's 5 books and we play and watch movies. Now she doesn't play with anyone except me, I love it but she's really attachedto me. She really likes to act mature and that's why she's obsessed with me! She won't play with the little girls she'll just come straight to me and talk to me. I don't mind playing with her, but she can be VERY demanding and it's exhausting me and may I remind you they come to our house EVERYDAY! What can I do?

Hey Chica,

Good for you for being such a great role model! You should get your parents to help you out with this one. Ask your mom to tell the little girl that you have homework or chores to do and that you can't hang out. She might be a little too young to tell her the truth, but if she gets distracted with something else, you can have some time to yourself!
Rachel N.

by lemontwist213 on 12/28/2011 1:49:12 PM

hey im sitting my little cuz (she is about 2 years old) overnight with my sister (she is turning 11 soon but is very responsiable[sorry i cant spell}) but i dont have a lot of fun things 2 do with her(with the baby)! i know she gos to bed at 7:00,cant speak alot(pretty normal), walks around alot, and loves a little glowing bunny that lights up when you hit or shake it. she also has a bitty baby doll. she is very active until her bedtime. i need some fun stuff to do- plz help!

by i<3cupcakesandGL34 on 12/27/2011 12:19:15 PM

hey So, i'm 12 years old and I'm really nervous to start babysitting. I'm not really that comfortable staying home by myself! I'm also not that comfortable around other peoples kids, and I've only changed a diaper once! (thanks to my aunt who insisted on me changing my baby cousins diaper) I'm fine around my baby cousins, but not around strangers kids I don't know that well. I kinda wanna start babysitting, but I kinda don't. I don't know what age group i should start babysitting for, and I don't know how other babysitters I know look after like 3 hyper tot's by themselves. Please HELP! This is making me SOOO stressed out! PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ respond!!!!!! --Callie

Hey girlfriend, you should start off slow. Begin with one child who you think you can handle. See how it goes and when you're ready add other children. It may be best that you only babysit children from a certain age group, because babies can be a lot to handle. Always have the number of the parents near just in case you need to ask any questions. Check out this link for more babysitting ideas: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2011/09/23/5-things-to-do-before-your-next-babysitting-job.aspx Hope this helps! Smile Smile

Lynae P.

by DaNcInGQu33N9812 on 11/30/2011 7:57:01 PM

i'm babysitting a consin son he almost three and hope these tips work. man he is tireding

by squirrel349 on 11/16/2011 8:45:37 PM

MOD! I wanna start babysitting part-time, but I just don't know where to start! I don't know anyone with little kids in my area. :/ What should I do? And if I do find a family to babysit for, how much should I charge since I'm just starting out?

Hey girl! I think the best thing to start off doing is talking to other girls who you know are babysitting. Tell them to put the word out that you're looking to pick up some jobs. You can also have your parents start telling their friends you're a new babysitter. It would also be good to check with fellow babysitters in your area to see how much they charge per kid. I'm sure it will take no time at all before you're earning a few extra bucks! Good luck!

xo
Taeler L.

by ILoveBigTimeRush1 on 11/10/2011 8:05:02 PM

1.) Be certified as a child care provider by states, counties and cities you work in.

2.) Carry professional business insurance.

3.) Get a signed contract regarding how much you are to be paid, when payment is due, where your responsibilities begin and end and other common ambiguities.

4.) Be certified in First Aid for Children by the Red Cross.

5.) Present your credientials to potential clients and be prepared to forego work for clients who balk at signing your contract.

by Mollie_RadcliffeStLCardsTix on 10/21/2011 2:25:01 PM

I need to know right now! My family is having money problems and i go to an expensive school. I'm 13 and i want to start babysitting.Am I too young to babysit? What should I do to get started?

Hey girlie,

I don't think you're too young, so long as you're responsible and you work well under pressure. Avoid babysitting actual babies this early though - only babysit 5 years old and up until you've gained more experience. Tell mom and dad that you'd like to start babysitting and ask if they know anyone in the family, in the neighborhood, or at work they could talk to about it. Usually they'll have friends who could use a babysitter and can totally hook you up!! <3
Lauren C.