7 HOURS AGO How to obtain the perfect set of brows: http://t.co/HlXQKzJAuF

10 HOURS AGO The best ways to save our skin from that awful sunburn! http://t.co/Coe1hz7em8

11 HOURS AGO Real girls tell us how we can deal with food allergies! http://t.co/u9c0AX6l6C

COMMENTS

We Tried It: Going vegetarian for a day

Think you can kick meat to the curb for the day?

I used to think that vegetarians and vegan were CRAZY! I'd think to myslef, "HOW CAN YOU LIVE WITHOUT MEAT AND CHEESE?!" But then my family and I tried to go vegetarian for 30 days. Not only did we go vegetarian for 30 days, but we went vegan, and have been for the past 10 months. It is SOOOOO much easier and yummier than I thought it would be. So in conclusion, it's really not as hard as it seems. Smile

by Herbivore13 on 3/17/2013 6:15:51 PM

I'm gonna try this!

by jewlchic99 on 11/25/2011 2:26:42 PM

I am vegiatarian and i love it!!!! all animal lovers should go vegiatarian. P.s you will feel heathyer and live much longer

by adribear on 10/13/2011 4:23:04 PM

@ tacoqueen- hey! its great that u wanna go veggie, and im so sorry ur parents dont like the thought of u being veggie, but u may still be able to persuade them. a good thing that ur parents may like about being veggie is that veggie burgers are actually way cheaper than meat, but to me they taste the same, if not better! also, remind ur rents that if ur truely veggie (and not a junk food vegetarian who only eats meatless junkfood) u will never have to worry about being overweight, having diabetes, and u'll get sick way less, since ur gonna be taking in so many vitamins. plus, veggie dishes are easy to prepare, cheap, HEALTHY, and most restaurants have vegetarian options other than just salads. you can also get ur protein from beans and veggie burgers rather than meat, and if all else fails, tell them its your body, and if u dont want to eat meat, u shouldnt have to. and u'll be saving tons of helpless animals lives!

by guitargirl7321 on 10/10/2011 9:05:59 PM

I'm really thinking of turning vegetarian, I hate the thought of eating meat but my parents are very strong in the fact that I should eat what they eat. I know they won't become vegetarians and I was hoping you had some ideas for my persuading of them to allow me to eat as I wish.

by tacoqueen on 10/7/2011 3:05:03 AM

im a vegetarian too! 4 months! its so much easier than you think and what really helps is beans. fake meat is pretty gross except for soy nuggets and even they can get pretty gross still Smile
join my club the TOM FELTON FAN CLUB!

by Pandagirl528 on 10/2/2011 5:32:29 PM

this sounds pretty cool, I think I'll try it Smile

by katie10marie96 on 10/1/2011 12:35:02 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!
hey so im so confused right now!! in every gl issue it says styles for hourglass, pears, athletic etc. i have no idea what i am!! im 12 years old exactly 97 lbs i wear a 32 A for bras (im not sure if that counts for big or small) im 5 feet and i wouldnt and im (just a bit!!) on the bigger size for hips Smile ohh and i love sports so my thighs are a bit bigger (im kinda leaning toward "athletic" right now but i still think im kinda curvy) Sorry for thelong message Thanks!!

Hey babe!

This article should point you in the right direction Smile http://www.girlslife.com/post/2011/06/06/The-scoop-on-body-shapes.aspx
Devin A.

by Classy_Cassy on 9/26/2011 4:21:38 PM

I've been a veggie for almost a year! It's actually pretty easy, because my parents are really supportive of it. Also, I eat a lot of beans and Boca brand products, so that's where I get protein! It's actually not necessary to eat meat or anything like what other people are saying, as long as you make sure to get the same nutrients from beans and vegetables. I also take Vitamins to be sure that I'm staying healthy!

If you girls need advice, just come talk to me! You can post a question on my profile or on my club "Dancing in the Rain"

xoxoxo
~Macey

by Girl Like You Advice on 9/24/2011 7:30:26 PM

I was a veggie for three months but I am a meat lover so I stopped. But I still participate in meatless Mondays!

by Sk8chix997 on 9/24/2011 4:36:41 PM