1 HOURS AGO 3 teas to make you feel flawless: http://t.co/YOHoHTs1XQ

13 HOURS AGO RT @jacquieleemusic: ahhhh @girlslifemag obsessing over #BrokenOnesEP? i'm obsessing over YOU! 😍 thank you! so happy you like the EP. httphttp://t.co/K5tL6n6slm

13 HOURS AGO BOYS: this is whatcha do if you wanna become bae: http://t.co/0xfEpYILwF

COMMENTS

We Tried It: Going vegetarian for a day

Think you can kick meat to the curb for the day?

I've been a vegetarian for nearly three years. It was a quite simple transition, and once you know what hidden ingredients aren't suitable (gelatin, rennet, etc), it's not hard at all. Reading labels can be a bother at times, but it's well worth. One of the best decisions I've ever made, definitely.

by purplecrazed on 9/24/2011 1:00:48 PM

what are some good foods for me for becoming vegetarian?

Your best bet is to talk with your doctor, as he/she can help you make the choices that are best for your particular health Smile

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by hermionelover on 9/24/2011 11:28:55 AM

Vegetarian for a year! I don't really like meat so it's really easy. The only meat I kinda liked was bacon and chicken nuggets from Mcdonalds Smile

by kelaboo on 9/23/2011 10:46:53 PM

Um, meat is pretty necessary for you're meals. A day is fine, but going vegetarian can be pretty tricky (not that I ever tried) On myplate.gov (the new food pyramid) it says a fourth of your plate should be meat. Do whatever you like, but be careful.

by AlwaysDreamer on 9/23/2011 7:58:50 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
Ok, so I know you guys always say that the best way to get your legs in shape is to do running/jogging. I do cross country and track but my thighs are still big and I'm starting to wonder if I'm doing something wrong... Thanks for your help!

Well leg shape and size is also dependent on genetics. Another factor may be that youre developing a lot of muscle so theyre large. Give it time! Any fat in your thighs will go away with time and lots of running. xoxo kerra
Kerra S.

by HMS712 on 9/23/2011 7:25:34 PM

I'm vegetarian. It was actually extremely easy.... no biggie ;)

by whitecoconut on 9/23/2011 5:59:26 PM

i went vegan for a couple days, it wasnt hard at all and it was kind of nice to know that i can eat healthier and everything still tastes good

by guitargirl7321 on 9/23/2011 4:20:43 PM

Mod?!
I'm a real quiet chica. My friend is so outgoing1 She's even friends with 8th and 7th graders. I wan to be friends with them too, but they always choose my best friend as a cool/awesome one. Today, my friend sat next to and before the bus left she switched to go sit with a 7th grader who called her over. I really wanted to talk too. We're drifting apart and she's popular and I want to be and I want to have a lot of friends that I can always sit with if another friend is absent or something. Tips?! PLEASE.
-Sad, Sad, Leo

Hey sweetie!

I used to be really shy too, but there's no reason you can't talk to people besides your friend! If your friend is friends with someone, ask her to introduce you to her friends and strike up a conversation - compliments almost always work, or talk about your crazy bus driver (or something else you have in common). The important thing is that you realize you're a great girl, and even though you're quiet, there's no reason to not talk to new people or make new friendships! Good luck! xoxox
Devin A.

by Shannon.Smiles on 9/23/2011 3:53:51 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!
I've always been severly allergic to a lot of things, and If I ate them, I could die. I'm allergic to all nuts, coconuts, peanuts, soy, legumes, beans, flax, barley, sesame, and sesame seeds. I want to be vegetarian, because people of my religion usually are, but I can't because I can't eat eggs all the time. What should I do?

Hey babe!

Have you tried eating tofu? Tofu's a great way to get the protein you need in your vegetarian diet, and is super delicious! Before you make the switch to going full out vegetarian, I'd make sure to talk it over with mom or your doctor - since they know you, your health, and your eating habits, they'd be able to help you better make the switch to vegetarianism. Props for your healthy choices! xoxoxo
Devin A.

by starkidette on 9/23/2011 3:44:02 PM

i think i wil try it...?

by wedingbell on 9/23/2011 3:23:21 PM