5 HOURS AGO November's almost over... How's your #NaNoWriMo novel coming?

6 HOURS AGO What lip color should you *really* be wearing?

8 HOURS AGO Uh-oh, are you using the wrong type of brush? Find out here:

We Tried It: Going vegetarian for a day

Think you can kick meat to the curb for the day?

I used to think that vegetarians and vegan were CRAZY! I'd think to myslef, "HOW CAN YOU LIVE WITHOUT MEAT AND CHEESE?!" But then my family and I tried to go vegetarian for 30 days. Not only did we go vegetarian for 30 days, but we went vegan, and have been for the past 10 months. It is SOOOOO much easier and yummier than I thought it would be. So in conclusion, it's really not as hard as it seems. Smile

by Herbivore13 on 3/17/2013 6:15:51 PM

I'm gonna try this!

by jewlchic99 on 11/25/2011 2:26:42 PM

I am vegiatarian and i love it!!!! all animal lovers should go vegiatarian. P.s you will feel heathyer and live much longer

by adribear on 10/13/2011 4:23:04 PM

@ tacoqueen- hey! its great that u wanna go veggie, and im so sorry ur parents dont like the thought of u being veggie, but u may still be able to persuade them. a good thing that ur parents may like about being veggie is that veggie burgers are actually way cheaper than meat, but to me they taste the same, if not better! also, remind ur rents that if ur truely veggie (and not a junk food vegetarian who only eats meatless junkfood) u will never have to worry about being overweight, having diabetes, and u'll get sick way less, since ur gonna be taking in so many vitamins. plus, veggie dishes are easy to prepare, cheap, HEALTHY, and most restaurants have vegetarian options other than just salads. you can also get ur protein from beans and veggie burgers rather than meat, and if all else fails, tell them its your body, and if u dont want to eat meat, u shouldnt have to. and u'll be saving tons of helpless animals lives!

by guitargirl7321 on 10/10/2011 9:05:59 PM

I'm really thinking of turning vegetarian, I hate the thought of eating meat but my parents are very strong in the fact that I should eat what they eat. I know they won't become vegetarians and I was hoping you had some ideas for my persuading of them to allow me to eat as I wish.

by tacoqueen on 10/7/2011 3:05:03 AM

im a vegetarian too! 4 months! its so much easier than you think and what really helps is beans. fake meat is pretty gross except for soy nuggets and even they can get pretty gross still Smile
join my club the TOM FELTON FAN CLUB!

by Pandagirl528 on 10/2/2011 5:32:29 PM

this sounds pretty cool, I think I'll try it Smile

by katie10marie96 on 10/1/2011 12:35:02 AM

hey so im so confused right now!! in every gl issue it says styles for hourglass, pears, athletic etc. i have no idea what i am!! im 12 years old exactly 97 lbs i wear a 32 A for bras (im not sure if that counts for big or small) im 5 feet and i wouldnt and im (just a bit!!) on the bigger size for hips Smile ohh and i love sports so my thighs are a bit bigger (im kinda leaning toward "athletic" right now but i still think im kinda curvy) Sorry for thelong message Thanks!!

Hey babe!

This article should point you in the right direction Smile
Devin A.

by Classy_Cassy on 9/26/2011 4:21:38 PM

I've been a veggie for almost a year! It's actually pretty easy, because my parents are really supportive of it. Also, I eat a lot of beans and Boca brand products, so that's where I get protein! It's actually not necessary to eat meat or anything like what other people are saying, as long as you make sure to get the same nutrients from beans and vegetables. I also take Vitamins to be sure that I'm staying healthy!

If you girls need advice, just come talk to me! You can post a question on my profile or on my club "Dancing in the Rain"

by Girl Like You Advice on 9/24/2011 7:30:26 PM

I was a veggie for three months but I am a meat lover so I stopped. But I still participate in meatless Mondays!

by Sk8chix997 on 9/24/2011 4:36:41 PM

I've been a vegetarian for nearly three years. It was a quite simple transition, and once you know what hidden ingredients aren't suitable (gelatin, rennet, etc), it's not hard at all. Reading labels can be a bother at times, but it's well worth. One of the best decisions I've ever made, definitely.

by purplecrazed on 9/24/2011 1:00:48 PM

what are some good foods for me for becoming vegetarian?

Your best bet is to talk with your doctor, as he/she can help you make the choices that are best for your particular health Smile

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by hermionelover on 9/24/2011 11:28:55 AM

Vegetarian for a year! I don't really like meat so it's really easy. The only meat I kinda liked was bacon and chicken nuggets from Mcdonalds Smile

by kelaboo on 9/23/2011 10:46:53 PM

Um, meat is pretty necessary for you're meals. A day is fine, but going vegetarian can be pretty tricky (not that I ever tried) On (the new food pyramid) it says a fourth of your plate should be meat. Do whatever you like, but be careful.

by AlwaysDreamer on 9/23/2011 7:58:50 PM

Ok, so I know you guys always say that the best way to get your legs in shape is to do running/jogging. I do cross country and track but my thighs are still big and I'm starting to wonder if I'm doing something wrong... Thanks for your help!

Well leg shape and size is also dependent on genetics. Another factor may be that youre developing a lot of muscle so theyre large. Give it time! Any fat in your thighs will go away with time and lots of running. xoxo kerra
Kerra S.

by HMS712 on 9/23/2011 7:25:34 PM

I'm vegetarian. It was actually extremely easy.... no biggie ;)

by whitecoconut on 9/23/2011 5:59:26 PM

i went vegan for a couple days, it wasnt hard at all and it was kind of nice to know that i can eat healthier and everything still tastes good

by guitargirl7321 on 9/23/2011 4:20:43 PM

I'm a real quiet chica. My friend is so outgoing1 She's even friends with 8th and 7th graders. I wan to be friends with them too, but they always choose my best friend as a cool/awesome one. Today, my friend sat next to and before the bus left she switched to go sit with a 7th grader who called her over. I really wanted to talk too. We're drifting apart and she's popular and I want to be and I want to have a lot of friends that I can always sit with if another friend is absent or something. Tips?! PLEASE.
-Sad, Sad, Leo

Hey sweetie!

I used to be really shy too, but there's no reason you can't talk to people besides your friend! If your friend is friends with someone, ask her to introduce you to her friends and strike up a conversation - compliments almost always work, or talk about your crazy bus driver (or something else you have in common). The important thing is that you realize you're a great girl, and even though you're quiet, there's no reason to not talk to new people or make new friendships! Good luck! xoxox
Devin A.

by Shannon.Smiles on 9/23/2011 3:53:51 PM

I've always been severly allergic to a lot of things, and If I ate them, I could die. I'm allergic to all nuts, coconuts, peanuts, soy, legumes, beans, flax, barley, sesame, and sesame seeds. I want to be vegetarian, because people of my religion usually are, but I can't because I can't eat eggs all the time. What should I do?

Hey babe!

Have you tried eating tofu? Tofu's a great way to get the protein you need in your vegetarian diet, and is super delicious! Before you make the switch to going full out vegetarian, I'd make sure to talk it over with mom or your doctor - since they know you, your health, and your eating habits, they'd be able to help you better make the switch to vegetarianism. Props for your healthy choices! xoxoxo
Devin A.

by starkidette on 9/23/2011 3:44:02 PM

i think i wil try it...?

by wedingbell on 9/23/2011 3:23:21 PM

i've gone vegetarian for a meal or two before (maybe even a day i don't keep track) and it's not hard at all! but i wouldn't want to do that everyday because i LOVE steak and bacon i don't know what i'd do without it!!

by sweetooth on 9/23/2011 3:09:58 PM

im alreayd vegetarian! (:

by beautynlife on 9/23/2011 2:53:46 PM

Skip the ice cream and make a chunky monkey shake. Blend 1 banana, 1 tablespoon of peanut butter and 1 cup of low-fat chocolate milk with 1 cup of ice for a protein-packed pick-me-up.

Thong underwear is bad for your health.

WIN IT! Can *you* solve the mystery?