11 HOURS AGO Get fit quick with out #Tabata workout: http://t.co/thbT28QpPs

14 HOURS AGO She caught her BF cheatin' in the theater! What would you do? http://t.co/BXimWwZeWK

15 HOURS AGO Check out an original poem written by a GLgirl just like you: http://t.co/7RR2L2BJVs

COMMENTS

Guy texts decoded!

At last, we get guy texting lingo translated.

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!
i have a crush on a guy that is in 2 classes with me. we make a lot of eye contact and we have had conversations at school. im too shy to text him! how do i find out if he likes me or not???

Hey girl! The best thing to do is to be brave and go for it! Talk to him a little more and get to know him. Ask him questions about classes or music. It can be super intimidating, but put on a little confidence and a big smile! You'll shake your fears in no time!

xo
Taeler L.

by littlemissawesomness on 11/10/2011 8:05:45 PM

MOD!; so me and this guy have been through a lot and i havent treated him the best, ive realized that and have been trying to get him to talk with me, and he really likes me too, but now he has a gf and said its cause he didnt know i still liked him and wish i wouldve told him sooner, now ive poured my heart out to him and i dont know what else to do, what do you guys think?

Hey girl, aww I'm sorry. You have to accept the fact that he's with someone else now. Maybe you guys will get back together, you never know. And just think there are other guys out there who will like you as much as this guy liked you, so no worries. I hope you feel better and let me know if I can help with anything else. Smile Smile

Lynae P.

by koolaidkait on 11/9/2011 6:11:02 PM

Okay so I definitely like this guy mike bc my face goes red and my hands sweat and stuff like that when I'm near him. I want him to ask me to semi formal but he isn't going bc he is going on a trip for the weekend. My friend says he would ask me if he was able to go bc she says that he likes me too or at least he looks at me and talks to me a lot. I'm kinda disappointed now but also happy at the same time that he probably would have asked me. Kay so now for my questions: is there anyway that I can stop getting soo red when I'm near him? What should I do if someone else asks me to semi? How do you say no to a guy nicely without hurting their feelings if u really don't want to go with them?

Hey chica, you just have to try and calm yourself when he comes around you. Try breathing in and out slowly or maybe drinking water. Remember he's a human being just like you, just a guy so no need to get nervous. And thank the other guys for asking you but tell them that you're going with your girlfriends or that you didn't want a date. Hope this helps and have fun at the dance!! Smile Smile

Lynae P.

by honeycakes on 11/9/2011 5:52:12 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
ok there is this guy who i kinda like (iw ouldnt be heart broken if he went out w/ someone else) we txt and email, he will tell me i am pretty just not in that way, he never has crushes or anything and there have been truth or dares and stuff, and he "claims" to "like" a girl who is in our close group of friends but she doesnt like him and he doesnt care i am so confussed, i have glasses/contacts i say i look dorky or geeky or ugly he will tell me thats not true, and then i will say every boy in school hates me except a cousin i am close with and he will say 'you forgot i am not on that list i dont hate you' he confuses me so much but things normally arent awkward except when i get flutters when he tells me im pretty. SO CONFUSED PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey girl, I don't know if he's crushing on you, but he does like you as a friend at least. It sounds like he's not really attracted to you romantically, but he still cares about you and cares about bringing you up. So embrace his friendship. He seems like a nice guy and he can't help who he does or doesn't have a crush on.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by rockinretro on 11/7/2011 6:17:24 PM

WHat do guys mean when/intentions when the trust you with their like deep dark secrets now one else knows? Like good or bad?

Hey girl, that's good. It means they really trust you and don't mind telling you things they wouldn't tell anyone else. Be careful though: if those deep dark secrets are ever dangerous or life threatening, it's your job as a friend who cares to let an adult know so your guy friend can get the help he needs.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by 4202_luver on 11/7/2011 5:53:37 PM

Mod mod
So I started texting my crush the other day (I Finally asked him for his number). I have liked him for almost 6 years. When we started texting it was a short convo like  me: "hey what's up"  b: "nm eating beans and cheese u?" me: eating pot roast" b: " yumm stuff" me: "yup" Well we only said that then we didn't text, I text him yesterday to ask what the spanish hw was(even though i already knew) he told me what it was then I sent back "thanks" he never replied I was a Little heartbroken.  Is there anyway I can get us into a longer convo? I really like him, whenever he text me my heart skips  a beat. He is really nice and charming, smart, cute, athletic...I could go on forever.  I just don't know how to act around him? Please help! Btw we Are in 8th grade.
Thanks mod!
Luv, Peyton

Hey chica! If you want to engage in more conversation you have to quit the small talk! Try not to ask him questions that only require a "yes" or a "no" or short answers like that. Ask more open-ended questions. For example, you could start off by saying the usual "what's up, how are you?" then maybe ask him about his plans for the weekend. He should more than likely tell u in a few sentences then hopefully he'll ask you about your plans. That way the convo will be a bit longer. You'll start to get more comfortable with each other after a while. Just let it flow, more conversation topics will come up as the days go by.

Amalia E.

by Girlzrock123 on 11/7/2011 2:35:04 AM

Mod** So... there's a guy. I like this guy. But, more than a friend. I think he knows that I like him, but he's not the kind of guy to show his emotions... He's very confidential. So, the problem? I don't know what to say to him. He doesn't have the cleanest mind, so I tease him about that. And there is other stuff we talk about like how i work where his dad manages and stuff, but other than that, I am very dead locked. Any ideas?

Hey girlie,

Those are great starts!! Instead of trying to plan great topics to talk about, try letting each convo progress on its own. Keep an ear open for questions you can ask about his hobbies/fam/friends/ideas/life, opinions you can give on the topic, etc. while you're already talking. Just stay calm and be attentive - that's MUCH easier and MUCH more natural than trying to write a script! Smile
Lauren C.

by kt_catlover on 11/5/2011 9:08:12 PM

I know this totally amazing guy that is a sophomore and i am an eight grader. We text all the time, but hes like my brother. But lately, I have been noticing that when i text him, my stomach gets all tingly. Do i like him? But that would be weird because he is one year younger than my brother?

by Jsizzle12 on 11/5/2011 6:30:03 PM

MOD MOD MOD!! I'm so confused! There's this guy I like and my friend and his friend thinks he likes me. There was a Halloween party and they said he looked at me alot and he even talked to me. Last year he told my friend he thinks I'm cute. But now I'm afraid he likes this girl whos in my 2nd and 5th period which he's in too. She talks to him in those classes and so does he an it seems more than just talking. My friend who has both of them in 1st period said they never talk or even look at eachother in there. Then why does he talk to her in the classes w me?? Does he like her? Does he still like me? Does he like both of us?? Pleeeaasse helllppp!!!!!

Hey girlfriend, I think he still likes you. You just need to make it clear that you like him too. Maybe the teachers are less strict in your class, and allow people to talk. No worries girl. You just gotta get your man lol. Hope this helps!! Smile Smile

Lynae P.

by FigureSkater08 on 11/5/2011 6:25:53 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Ok well there is this really cute boy i like alot the i can barly breathe when i am around him and if he looks at me my heart jumps. Anyways I went to a dance and he was there and I brought my sister. Well this guy that likes me asked me to dance so I said sure. While we were dancing he told my crush to dance with my sister the whole time so he could dance with me. I was super upset. So I only got to dance with my crush once. Then i find out the whole world told him i like him but he likes my sister. That made me depressed. Well we took his number from my friend and I texted him. We flirted alot. We texted for 6 hours straight then he stoped texting me. Since then he has been ignoring me and I wont see him to talk about it. Then a couple of days ago he sent me a texand i responded but he never did repsond back. I am super confused on whats going on. Please help!

Hey girlie,

If you've heard rumors that he likes you sis (and he's shown behavior to support that), it's possible that he does like her and was chatting with you a little bit in order to get closer to her. It's a bummer, but sometimes this stuff happens Frown The upside is that there WILL be guys out there who like you while you like them - the timing will be perfect and it'll feel amazing! But this isn't it. So instead of freaking out about it, respond if he texts you...but don't text him first. Instead, focus your attention on your besties, your activities, your sports, and your hobbies. Put yourself out there and be outgoing the next time you're in a public place/a party/a school function. Talk to everyone and keep your eyes peeled for new crush prospects. He didn't do anything wrong or mean to you - he just followed his own heart - but you don't wanna get hung up on him if his mind is elsewhere, ya know? No sense waiting for him and wasting your own time! <3<3
Lauren C.