3 MINUTES AGO He kissed her for the camera...super creepy or really romantic? You decide: http://t.co/8dhBG6Wo0v

AN HOUR AGO 4 ways to flirt without saying a word: http://t.co/LHp5svEpre

2 HOURS AGO Meet your new fave murder mystery. Win Famous Last Words, by @KatieAlender today: http://t.co/meJ6kpn5G7 @this_is_teen

COMMENTS

Guy texts decoded!

At last, we get guy texting lingo translated.

Thanks!

by LAS625 on 10/8/2011 9:48:13 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
There is this guy I like, and sometime I think he likes me but sometime I think he likes some one else. Like one day he will totally flirt with me and the next he is talking with girls on the bus. He asked me for a hug once, but I am not sure what that meant. I am getting mixed messages, help!

Hey babe,

He sounds like a flirty guy! He might like you for sure, but no one is required to only have one crush - not even you! So he might just be keeping his options open by liking a few different girls for different reasons, and/or he's just flirty by nature and likes to talk to girls that way. If you like him, enjoy it and flirt back! But don't get your hopes up - he might just wanna stay single right now so he can enjoy the "flirting life" too. <3
Lauren C.

by LAS625 on 10/8/2011 9:16:55 PM

Ooooh, I get it! Sorry I just signed up and i got really confused! Thank you!

by LAS625 on 10/8/2011 9:15:45 PM

What does the MOD MOD MOD thing mean? I am confused...

Hey missy, MOD is short for Moderator. We moderators help you guys with any problems or concerns you may have. So if you're ever confused about anything let me know!!! Smile Smile

Lynae P.

by LAS625 on 10/8/2011 5:28:30 PM

by LAS625 on 10/8/2011 12:34:28 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD okay so there is this guy i like, we go to different schools but this evening i was at his high school's football game, and he came over and was talking to my mom. anyway, whenever i'm around him in person i get really nervous and don't know what to say. any tips? thanks!

Hey girl,

This is a little tough, because you don't have classes or hallway time to connect with him. But that doesn't mean you can't go for it! He's clearly out-going since he chatted with your mom with no problem, so try to fake being confident and out-going yourself until it comes naturally to you! Next time you see him (at another game soon, maybe?), go up and say hi! Did mom say anything about her convo with him? If there was something there that you could bring up again, give it a try. If not, try asking him a question about the game or giving him a compliment about him/his outfit/his friends' enthusiasm, etc. Try to be a little creative and like I said, fake it til ya make it! Smile
Lauren C.

by pinkguitar98 on 10/7/2011 11:49:20 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
This guy texted me saying will you go out with me. I said i rather just be friends because i didn't like him back. But he didn't respond. I texted him earlier today and he still hasn't responded. Do you think me saying no ruined our friendship?

Hey girlie,

Just give this some time. He might be feeling awkward or a little disappointed! So if you give him time to get better, then try to talk in person in a friendly, warm way (like nothing had happened and you're still good friends), you might be able to get him comfortable with you again. Don't force it now though! Texting him too much (and having him ignore the texts) will only make him feel more awkward <3
Lauren C.

by ilovepiano15 on 10/7/2011 10:22:37 PM

Mod*mod*mod*mod
This cute guy who I've heard likes me asked for my number. We texted for a while and that was two days ago. Should I text him or wait for him to text me? I want to seem interested but not desperate. And if I should text him first what would be something to say to get the conversation going?

Hey girlie,

Three days is the perf amount of time to wait before texting again, so you don't smother him with attention or make yourself seem desperate. All you need is a simple "Hey Smile what's up!" to get the convo going again. It's ok to show interest by making the first move in a convo sometimes though, so don't feel like you're bothering him! You sound like you definitely know how to give him his space.
Lauren C.

by madicadaby on 10/7/2011 9:11:43 PM

so ths guy lets call him bryan so i think bryan likes me n he flirts with me n my freinds notice 2 i walk with him to and frm the classes we have together he lirts with me n he like trys to make me laugh n stuff . so when in algebra my class was going to a test in the computer lab so we were standing outside n he was in his class n he saw me n all started smiling n winking at me n wiggling his eyebrows at me so do u think he likes me?

Hey babe,

It sounds like it! Start talking to him more and if you like Bryan back, turn on that flirt girl! He'll definitely give ya some clues (beyond the eyebrow wrigglin' and the smiles) if he really is crushing on you Smile
Lauren C.

by warrior rose on 10/6/2011 6:40:19 PM

MOD! MOD! MOD!
There's this guy I like who's a Junior and I'm a freshman... We text a lot and he's like my big bro.. He doesn't know I like him and I just found out that he likes my BFF, who isn't really friends with him. Every guy I have ever thought was cute or liked, who knows her, has liked her over me. She has always been prettier and skinnier (not that I'm fat). He didn't want to tell me because he thought it would make me mad. I told him I wouldn't get mad, but I couldn't help it. I told him that I was kinda upset and when I told him why he sent me the sweetest text ever. He's like 6'2" and I'm 5'1" so he calls me "Munchkin" and as a joke back I sometimes call him "Giant". He told me that he would never choose her over me and that I'm his munchkin and he's my giant. I was tellng him about this weird stalker guy who wouldn't leave me alone and he said "if you tell him to stop and he doesn't just tell him that youll call your big bro on him Smile" Do you think he likes me? Or what?

Hey girlie!

At this age, even if he does like your BFF, you know they won't be together long IF they even get together.  Chances are, his feelings for her will wear off or she'll hurt him in some way.  If that happens then the best thing you can do is show him that you'll be there for him, whenever he's down no matter what.

And if you want him to start thinking of you as more than just his little sis, then try to push the boundaries of friendship by getting closer to him, like cuddling up to him next time you have a hang out sesh.
Jordan S.