AN HOUR AGO Your ultimate fall nail polish guide!: http://t.co/W9trOYYdNl

14 HOURS AGO #BookClub: A lucky batch of book-lovin babes will score a copy of #Cinder to kick off our new book club. Enter here: http://t.co/UymDNwBfVb

15 HOURS AGO 7 more reasons we love hair chalkā€”get a week's worth of stellar styles: http://t.co/p7KSrefjYG

COMMENTS

Guy texts decoded!

At last, we get guy texting lingo translated.

MOD MOD!!!!!! So a few weekends ago for my bday party we went chalking and I chalked the guy I like who knows I like him and we talk sometimes and he sed I was cute and stuff but today in class I was sitting on my desk talking to my friend and he sits a few desks in front if me and he was talking to his friend and then out of the blue he turns around and says "hey you should chalk me again! I have a plan this time to catch you!" and I sed "haha yah I should it was fun" and then we started talking about it and he kept looking at me sometimes in my other classes. Does it mean he's been thinking about it all this time and wants me to chalk him again? Could he possibly like me? What do you think he means? ThanksSmile

Hey missy, of course he likes you! He probably was thinking about it and just had to say something! So chalk him girl. Smile Smile

Lynae P.

by FigureSkater08 on 10/5/2011 8:23:21 PM

MOD MOD MOD Ok when i comes to boys i crush on total Geeks Really total geeks and this this boy likes me and hes one on the ''Geeks '' im talking about well hes in love with me and im afraid if i like him back my friends would be like ewwww u like him or somthing like that , hes not cute at all!!!! but hes really nice and when im around him he's i dont know hes nice to be around (dont get me wrong but when it comes to looks it doesn't brother me)Smile but my friends are just plain IMMATURE and boys in my class would tease me and i don't know if i can risk getting teased for a boy.What should i do?

Hey girl! Don't worry what others think. If you like the boy go for it! For the first week or so you may catch some heat but after that it will die down and your friends can start to see how nice he really is. And who knows, you may even start a trend.
Ana D.

by mozilla10 on 10/4/2011 6:56:23 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD! EMERGENCY! So me and my friends went on a triple movie date with our bfs. One of My friends and her bf have been going out for a while and my other friend and me just got bfs. they both talk to them like no prob and hold hands all the time. Not my bf. He says he is too nervous to hold my hand and talk to me. We've only been going out for three weeks and i was thinking about breaking up. He is really nice but can't talk to me! Only text! What should i do??????

Hey babe,

Don't break up with him without really trying to get your point across. He's using the "I'm nervous!" excuse and not working hard enough to get comfortable around you because he's probably scared to open up and really let you get to know him. But he needs to know that, if he isn't willing to open up, show his affection in some way, and really be a BF to you, then that's not what you're looking for. So try to have a heart-to-heart and tell him that - then make the decision whether you'll stay or go <3
Lauren C.

by shammie5 on 10/2/2011 12:41:15 PM

My bf said he is really nervous to talk to me and i recently went on a movie date with him. He said he wanted to hold my hand but he was too nervous... He also said that he is way too nervous to talk to me. I dont know what i should do! Help me!

by shammie5 on 10/2/2011 12:31:44 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!! The guy I like knows I like him and he talks to me sometimes and I just freeze up and I'm always scared to say hey to him and his friend thinks he likes me and my friend thinks that too but I just can't see him liking me too. He told my friend last year that I was cute but wanted to wait till highschool to date (were n 8th grade) But I just wanna get closer to him and be able to talk to him without being nervous. What do you think my situation means and what do u think he means by what he's said and what shud I do to talk to him without being awkward? Thanks:]

Hey girlie,

Why can't you see him liking you? I know you may not think so, but I'll bet you're a catch, babe! It sounds like he could definitely like you and want to date you when you get to high school, so try not to withdraw yourself from him. It makes ya nervous, but remind yourself that he definitely could like you - and that you're totally likable. Be confident and talk to him! He's not an alien - he's a boy and you have more in common than you might think. It'll make you nervous at first to be so far outside your comfort zone but, as you prove to yourself you can handle this and can carry on good convos, you'll get more and more confident. You just gotta fake it at first til you get there! Try Facebook chatting with him at first, then over time start talking more in person and even through texts. You just gotta take that leap if you wanna get to know him better!
Lauren C.

by SnowBoarder88 on 10/2/2011 11:52:16 AM

Hey! My first question didn't go through for some reason... so if it's still there sorry :-/ Anyway, I still like my ex bf, a lot, and I think he likes me too. We went out over a year ago, so I don't think the fact he's my ex is really an issue. It may be, idk. How can I get him to start texting me again? We used to all the time, and I think he still has my number, I know I still have his. I would really like to text with him, or talk on the phone, but I don't know how to, or if I should first. We're friends and all, and we flirt... but I feel strange about doing it first. Is it possible to get him to text me first? If it has to be me, what should I say? Thanks so much!

Hey girlie,

Try to give this some time and gradually talk/flirt more and more in person before you move to text. That way, the texting will seem totally natural because you've actually grown much closer as friends! Then you can text about homework help, the subject of a convo you two were having before that strangely made its way into your day today, a question about something he loves (a sport, a club meeting, a fave TV show), or even just a "hey! what's up?" They'll all seem totally normal once you've grown a lil closer Smile
Lauren C.

by mememe6 on 10/2/2011 12:20:24 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My BFF is friends with my bgf. She thinks that he likes me. I believed her the first couple of days...then I asked my other BFF (Also bgf and Bff 1's friend) and she thinks that he likes me too. I think they are out of their minds. My bgf is always nice to me(ever since 1st grade). I haven't noticed that he has been purposely catching up to me at recess until Bff 1 and 2 told me what they thought. I told bff 1 this and she said that my bgf is a lot nicer to me than he is to her,and i told her that i am probably nicer to him..and she agreed. I guess this year he is paying more attention to me...and he always comes to my table at the end of lunch and tries to take my snack.(he didn't do that ever before) Do you think he likes me? I don't want a Bf bc we are only in 7th grade..I just want to know Thanks!

Hey girl,

It's possible that he might be crushing on you, but it's also possible that you're just acting like close, best friends. Since it doesn't matter one way or the other right now (because you aren't ready to date, which is totally fine), try not to obsess over it too much. If you think he likes you, it could put a lot of pressure on the friendship and make you feel awkward. Laugh and shrug off the things your besties tell you about him and keep on hanging out/talking/laughing with him like you always have. Enjoy your friendship and try not to worry about this - you don't know either way right now, so it's not worth it to speculate and stress yourself out Smile
Lauren C.

by jinettejimenez on 10/1/2011 11:06:50 PM

I don't think any guy has said any of these things to me... no guys talk like that!

by facebooker1240 on 10/1/2011 10:40:51 PM

well i have been hanging out with one of my ex bfs a lot and he was the first guy i loved and he was my first kiss. we were friends before we started dating and we've been sort of friends after even though it was akward for a little while. well i went to a football game with my cousin him and his sister and my cousin and his sister kept asking if we were dating again and if we liked eachother but he never answered could he like me again?

Hey girl,

It's possible! But try not to get too set on dating him again, just in case he really is just trying to be good friends with you. Sometimes it's hard to figure out if it's a crush or a best friend, ya know? So let some time pass and try to observe how he acts toward you. Is he flirting with, teasing, and complimenting you more than he does other girls? Or are you just close because you know each other well as friends? You don't wanna ruin a saved friendship by assuming he likes ya, so take it slow and see if you can decode him after a while Smile
Lauren C.

by cgirl751 on 10/1/2011 10:22:44 PM

MOD-MOD-MOD
Im a freshman and I have a crush on one of my sophmore friends. He walks me to gym and we eat lunch together. I'm not sure if he likes me but sometimes when were talking, his friends will come up to him and tell him to stop flirting with the freshman. Whenever they say this he never denies it. He just laughs and smiles at me. What does this mean?

Hey girlie,

It definitely sounds like he might be crushin' on ya! Especially since his friends tease him about it and he keeps on hanging out with you, without defending himself/denying it. Keep doing what you're doing - and even try taking it to the next level by asking him to hang out after school, or study together, or go to the football game together, etc. You're friends at the very least, so why not? Smile
Lauren C.