1 HOURS AGO #BeautySpy! GLgirl, Eve spills her secrets for flawless skin: http://t.co/6SJSUXg6TC

2 HOURS AGO Got #PMS cravings? Swap your guilty pleasures for some #cleaneats: http://t.co/gHtcfeaxm7

3 HOURS AGO Become the queen of #cateyes with @AboutFacesDay's beauty tutorial on @Fanlala: http://t.co/4QWtPuyts7

COMMENTS

I think my friends are talking about me

I know I talk about them behind their backs, but are they chatting about me, too?

Mod Dear Carol(or whoever can help me), I have 3 best friends at school and lately one of them has been gossiping about me. One of my other friends (who I thought I could trust)told the gossiper all my personal secrets and told me all the gossipers secrets. So, basically I have one untrustworthy friend, one gossip gal, and one actual friend. The gossiper told my actual friend a lie about me so now my actual friend doesnt know who to believe. I'm the nicest and honest one in the group, so I dont know why everyone hates me. The gossip friend is obessed with my untrustworthy friend so no one believes me at all when I tell them the truth. They made tallies of every time I did something mean and they only got 3 tallies a day. please help me! -Confused

Hey candycharms, it doesn't sound like you need to be friends with these girls anymore. No one should ever describe their friends as untrustworthy or gossipy. You should just stick with your third friend, because they sound like the only one with your best interest at heart. Remember girl it's better to have no friends, then a bunch of fake ones. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by candycharms on 2/3/2012 4:45:05 PM

I have three friends and on of then made me cry and said some mean things over text to the other two and me and the other two don't want to be her friend and she go mad an started crying and this girl who got in it some how told the teacher said i have to decide i already said i am not her friend so i don't know what to do

by Tyne P. on 1/24/2012 7:26:06 PM

MOD!
Hey so I need your advice. I have had these freinds since elemantry school. They haven't invited me to anything latley. Sometimes I will be sitting at a game with them and someone invite us all to hang out after the game except for me and they do it right in front of me. I know one of them doesn't like me and talks behind my back. I know you will propably say get new friends but i live in a small town and there are like 30 kids in my grade.There really isn't any body else to hang out with. I feel like an outsider and it hurts staying home on Saturday nights knowing they are out hanging out together. Thanks

Hey babe,

Try hanging out with them in smaller groups or in pairs! Go with the ones that seem like the better friends - the ones that don't talk behind your back, the ones that enjoy your company, the ones that listen to you, etc. You have to make a little effort to make plans with them, but taking an active role in your friendship could help you grow closer to them! And always keep your eyes open for opportunities to meet new people - the "new kid" in class, joining a club or taking a class around town, etc. You're not stuck with the friends you've got - there are always ways to meet new ones! <333
Lauren C.

by ILoveSoftball on 1/21/2012 9:22:52 PM

Mod Mod mod
Ok so I really need to make new friends but idk how. Like I joined the basketball team but idk how to approach girls and ask them for their numbers to talk or something bc I'd like to Get to know them better but i don't want to just walk up to a random girl and say hey what's ur number bc that's weird.. Also how do I make guy friends? It seems like no guys want to be my friend? Also in science there's this girl who I sit by but I'm not sure she likes me bc she just says like 1 sentence to me then goes off to her other friends. I wanna hang with them but I don't wanna follow them if they don't like me. Help!

Hey girlie,

Instead of putting lots of pressure on yourself to become instant friends with someone, start off with some simple chatting! All friendships have to start somewhere - you're not gonna be besties overnight. So next time you're at practice, compliment a girl on something she did really well. "Great 3 pointer, Ashley!" "That was great blocking, Jess!" You get the idea. Basically, show them you're friendly and open to talking. Then, once you break the ice, you can have longer convos before/after practice about school, the big game, the weather, your weekend plans, etc. You don't want to waste your time with people who seem like they're giving you the cold shoulder - focus on people that you have stuff in common with and who seem friendly/warm, right off the bat. And let those relationships grow into amazing friendships! <3

As for guy friends... read this!

Lauren C.

by bluedevils5 on 1/20/2012 11:53:35 PM

Mod mod mod! Me and my BFF at another school had crushed on a pair or twins. She liked one and I liked the other ill call him Justin. 5 years ago I met justin and his brother that whole summer me and Justin were inseparable he was like my bgf after he left I never saw him again and realized that I loved him. Then a year later I met my BFF and that's when we realized who we liked. Over the summer she still liked "justins" brother and found them on Facebook. Last night I asked if she had heard from them then she revealed that she had been dating "Justin" for four months and thought I'd be mad. I assured her I wasnt and I'm not but I'm shocked surprised and feel betrayed. I can't tell her but I thought I was over him but I'm hurting. Is this ok? What do I do

Hey girl,

That wasn't cool of your BFF to start dating Justin when she knew you liked him. Since now they are dating, there is nothing you really can do. It may take some time for you to get over him. The best way to do this is to keep yourself super busy and to start meeting other cuties!

Kathryn S.

by ladyinlike on 1/16/2012 11:44:40 AM

dear carol,
i have been having trouble with my bff and my frenemy. My bff maricruz and i have been friends for a long time and this year when we started 6th grade this new girl came and she has been trying to tear me and maricruz apart!i already talked to maricruz about it and she agreed with me but now she is hanging out with her again and my frenemy is still trying to tear us apart. what should i do?

by fantagegirl on 1/11/2012 12:28:02 AM

Hey blackcrow1314, mhmm well in that case, I think you guys should just slowly cut her off and if she asks why tell her what you just told me. Hope this helps! Xoxo

MOD (Lynae P.)
Thanks for the advice, but the girl is very sensitive and might get mad at us if we do try to tell her nicely.She always threatens to take us to the principal's office and I feel like if we talk to her we will end up getting in trouble. Lynae P.

by blackcrow1314 on 1/7/2012 8:02:54 PM

Hey blackcrow1314, maybe you guys should sit her down and talk to her. She may not be aware that she's acting the way she is. All of you should get together and explain to her that she has been paranoid and a little annoying. If she doesn't change, then you guys will just have to slowly cut her off. You don't have to be mean, but don't call her as much or invite her to everything. Hope this helps! Xoxo

MOD MOD.
Ok so i have a group of friends and there are five of us. But four of us are starting to become annoyed with the fifth girl and let's call her Natalie. Lately Natalie has become very paranoid about people and us talking about her. And it wasnt bad at first but now she is unbearable and we dont want to be friends with her anymore. How can we stop being her friend without being mean? Lynae P.

by blackcrow1314 on 1/7/2012 3:40:06 PM

I have an old friend. Lets call her Leah. She was at my friend Lisas house and she picked up the phone.She preteneded to be crying and sobbing on the phone and told me my friend Leah died I cried for hours because Lisa does have MS. Later I found out it was a prank! I dont know what to do now.What should I do?

Hey Girl! It's not funny to pull a prank that a close friend has died! Calmly explain to your friend Lisa that you do not find those kind of jokes funny and that it is not appropriate to do.  Explain that you care a lot about Leah so that is unfair to you.

Maddie B.

by mickyabc on 1/6/2012 2:42:34 PM

MOD MOD MOD (Meghan D. ) You have to go to the washroom with someone the teachers wont let us by ourselves and its not like showers Smile its just a regular washroom i was just gonna use the sink to clean my pants off as much as i could . Its not like u think.

Hey girl,

Next time, then, why not explain to your friends that you'd like to get cleaned up and could use their help? If worst comes to worst, you could just ask a teacher and explain the situation if you can't find a buddy.

Meghan D.