AN HOUR AGO Which summer sport's got ya game? Take the #quiz to find out: http://t.co/Ici50wNgla

3 HOURS AGO Tell us how you feel in our survey about smoking: http://t.co/6Q9EeXv0yg

4 HOURS AGO 5 fun fitness guru videos: http://t.co/ltFmHhPXLG

COMMENTS

I think my friends are talking about me

I know I talk about them behind their backs, but are they chatting about me, too?

Okay, so I met this really awesome girl who could be best-friend material. I'm not good at making new friends, and she is really social and bubbly. I really want to be better friends, but it feels like I'm not being as social as I usually am around my other friends who I've known forever. How can I start showing her the true bubbly, social, crazy me?

Hey girlie,

You just have to find the things you have in common! Does she swoon over Bieber just like you? Is she a basketball fan and roots for your fave team? Try to get to know what she likes! And try not to take it too seriously - friendships should be fun, easy-going, and not stressful Smile Just give it time and you'll become closer, so long as you're being out-going, talking to her, and asking her to hang out!
Lauren C.

by AvatarTLA on 10/13/2011 10:12:41 PM

me too! I think my friends talk about me behind my back..

by cindy5218 on 10/11/2011 1:22:09 PM

MOD MOD MOD,
Ok so there is this guy that I really like...at least I thought I did. Whenever I am around him I always want to be like talking to him and stuff because I guess I just feel really happy whenever I do...but recently he started liking this other girl and I was genuinely happy for him to be with her because they are so cute together...I thought I liked him as more than a friend because it seems to me like I do...but do I? I am a little confused.

Hey girl, I'd distance yourself for a bit and see how you're feeling. Sometimes a bit of absence might help you out. It is totally possible to like a guy and be happy for him being with another girl too: it shows you really care about his happiness.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by hawaiigirl624 on 10/10/2011 5:16:13 PM

MOD!
Two of my friends started to cut themselves over the summer! I don't really hang out with them anymore because of that. But now they started huffing things too! One of my other friends told the principle but they couldn't prove anything so they're still doing it. I really want to help them but if I tell their mom or anybody else then they'll get mad at me. What should i do?

Hey chica!

I can only imagine how tough things must be for you. It's important that you speak to a trusted adult - a family member, a guidance counselor, a teacher, anyone - to let them know what's on your mind. Also, you're being a good friend to these girls by attempting to help them, so even though they'll be mad at you now, they won't be forever. This link provides you with information about organizations that help teens whose friends are cutting themselves, and you can call the toll-free numbers to speak to a peer counselor, too. http://www.girlslife.com/post/2008/08/04/HELP!2.aspx
Devin A.

by basketballuvver on 10/7/2011 3:13:50 PM

MOD!!MOD!!MOD!! My Bff's ride my bus, and normally i ride with them, but lately my crush has been sittin' by me and hanging out with me. So now i go where he sits so i can hang with him. But i think my friends got mad and now are thalking about me because he doesn't like them. What should i DO!!!!!!! HELP!!!!

Hey girly, you should talk to your BFF. Let them know you aren't trying to ignore them, you just want to get to know your crush a little more. Maybe they don't like them, because they've never met. Introduce the two to break the ice. I'm sure talking it out will resolve it. Hope this works for ya chicky! Smile Smile

Lynae P.

by 1laurab on 10/5/2011 5:29:58 PM

MOD! MOD! MOD!
There's this guy at my school...I like him a lot. We're best friends and always try to wave and say hi and talk to each other at school. Lately he asked me who I liked and I had to lie and say I liked some guy from my church because I was scared that if I told him I liked him, he'd never talk to me again. He seemed cool with it the next day. The day after that I was out sick and my friends said he was in a bad mood that day. The next day I went to school and he was totally IGNORING me. I tried saying hi but all he did was ignore me. He was acting like himself to his other friends, but is acting differently towards me...is he mad at me? What's going on? Should I talk to him? Please help.

by ObsessiveCharlesDisorder on 10/1/2011 12:14:57 PM

MOD!
There's a guy I haven't seen in awhile that goes to my school now (he's a grade younger) and it was obvious that we both used to kind of like each other. I see him in the halls now, and I know he knows who I am, and I know that he knows that I know who he is (sorry if that didn't make sense...). I don't exactly like him now but I think seeing him again made the old feelings resurface a little bit, if you know what I mean. I think he's in a relationship, although it doesn't say on Facebook, but is there a chance that he feels the same way about me, too? I'm just confused and trying to figure him out.

by smileysevvie on 10/1/2011 8:07:20 AM

MOD!
At school I started playing football with the boys at recess. Now my best friend has been telling me that all the girls say I'm only playing for the boys and that I'm boy obsessed. They also said I want to get intimate with them, and I don't! I thought I was close with some of the girls who started the rumors, but now I always find my mind wandering on what they think. Please help.

I wouldnt worry what they think. Your actions speak louder than their rumuors. If you play with these guys and dont get "intimate" with any of them then theyll be proved wrong. Dont let it bother you too much. Everyone is gonna have opinions and theyre not always gonna be right. Dont spend too much time worrying about their gossip. xoxo kerra
Kerra S.

by traptitus on 9/30/2011 5:52:32 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!
I have a friend who's really close, but sometimes... too close. She always has to work with me in school, and if not she gets sad which makes me feel really bad. I luv her, but i wanna hang with my other pals too. What should i do?

Hey girlie,

You just gotta be firm! Try not to feel too bad if you decide to hang out with your other friends sometimes. You obviously owe your bestie some of your time and attention, but you don't need to spend every second with her! In fact, it's healthier to spend some time apart so you keep your friendship fresh. Try subtly suggesting a new club/sport you've seen that reminded you of your friend and, in another convo, describe how much fun you have in your own independent activities - it might help her branch out so she isn't as dependent on you!
Lauren C.

by ColosalMascara on 9/29/2011 5:57:14 PM

they might or might not talk about u. but if they do what if they say sweet and nice things like, I loved her hair today! and her outfit was cute 2! Smile

by taylorswiftfan1233 on 9/29/2011 4:22:53 PM