AN HOUR AGO Get up & be active with your BFF this fall w/ these fab and festive fall activities!: http://t.co/sIdZZkduFe

2 HOURS AGO Who wants to play a game where you shoot tampons at your enemies instead of guns?! Yeah, we thought so: http://t.co/sCksTtQJm1

3 HOURS AGO Wake up your water—and score a major health boost—with these delish additions: http://t.co/uato2GGfWE #recipes

COMMENTS

I think my friends are talking about me

I know I talk about them behind their backs, but are they chatting about me, too?

MOD!
Hi, I've been having some friend trouble lately. I have two best friends who are from different groups. I brought one girl, K, to meet my other friend, H. A few days later K said I act differently around H. She sent me a really long text with several examples as to how I act differently but they were all small things, such as I use more colorful language around H, and that I describe things differently. My parents told me just to ignore these, so I didn't text her back. She then sent 36 texts over the next 4 hours. Her mood changed within those from 'why aren't you texting me back?' to 'I told you so' to mad to threatening to caring, but the care felt fake. Then she told me a list of mean things I'd ever said to her after I finally texted her back. I feel like she's attacking me and our friendship is different now. I feel it's really forced to talk to her. Should I try to talk it out in person or just hope it gets better or...? Help!

hey! It sounds like your friend is being a little verbally abusive and obsessive. I don't think you should respond to her texts because it doesn't really sound to me like you've done anything wrong. If she keeps harassing you i think you should tell a parent, teacher, or other trusted adult. good luck to you!

Helen S.

by rainydaze82 on 6/30/2012 2:17:35 PM

MOD MOD!!
My group always hangs out together. theres one girl who assumes everyones her friend. she was gossiping about my friend from our group and saying the story totally wrong. i never said anything except "Well, 'so and so's' my friend. theres no point in arguing with her. now i'm wondering, should i have stuck up for her more?

Hey! engaging in that kind of talk just would have made the girls say more mean things. speak your mind but if you think it's just going to lead to unproductive insults you don't have to say anything.

Helen S.

by Jellybean101 on 4/27/2012 8:49:17 PM

My "friend" is not a very good "friend"
She sent me an email at 10:36 telling me what to wear for the next day's V-Shows audition but obviously i wasn't checking my email last night at that time. WHen I checkied it the next day I sent an email of rampaging ON and on about her to my friend. Apparently, she got it to. Now what do I do. I know she likes me and I don't really like her. (she talks about us behind our backs alot) but I don't wanna hurt her. What should I do. Today I checked my email and she fired back an email saying that next time I should check who i send my emails to. Please HELP!!!!!

Hey girl,

The truth is, you were feeling frustrated with the way she was treating you, so you vented. Unfortunately, it didn't stay private! But you gotta own up to it - you wrote it, so there's no getting outta this one. Go up to her IN PERSON (not through email - see how messy they can make things?) and apologize for sending the email, because you realize talking behind her back is not the way to solve any problems or frustrations you have. Then, tell her how she made you feel. Just tell her you're your own person and your life can't be run by someone else. Be civil and calm, but honest. She might get upset, but as long as you stay respectful and take the high road, you'll be doing the right thing.
Lauren C.

by syara20 on 4/26/2012 6:48:40 PM

i have the same problem. except i told one of them what the other one (the closer one) said about them. she's really mad at me. i only did it out of anger cuz she was hanging out more with another one of my friends. its a whole mess. she said the only way she'll forgive me is if i tell her what the other two said about her. HELP

Hey girl,

You're right to be skeptical about telling her what the others said -- it's not your place to say! You'll have to explain to her that you were angry that you felt she was leaving you out, though that doesn't justify gossiping. If you say you won't do it anymore, she will hopefully forgive you and include you more!

Meghan D.

by abigail11 on 4/21/2012 9:07:42 AM

well ever since i moved to secondary school everything changed well at the start of the year i was still friends with my 2 friends from primary school and i'm friends wth one of them now and shes my only friend in school. i don't exactly what happened with my othert friend but i think its over one guy. all 3 of was liked that one guy but my friend lets call her andy told me to tell him she liked him i didn't want to but i did she wouldn't leave us alone until she went out with him she couldn't handle him so that relationship didn't work she kinda tried to make us jealous but it didn't work. so one day my friend and i lets call her tina said that we should ask her for the guys number i said i'll do it but andy took it the wrong way and thought i wanted to ask him out and she got really angry even though they were broken up andy was going to tina's house that day and she started saying stuff about me she never talked to us again. when she does it's really awkward. i wana sort things out?

by josie12 on 4/11/2012 6:04:16 AM

they probaly dont

by katie6781 on 4/4/2012 10:49:43 AM

everything will be alright everyone has gone through these situations its not the end of the world so just keep holding on.

by autumnshadow on 2/18/2012 8:27:44 AM

MOD MOD MOD!
ok so i REALLY want a webcam to do fun things with like the lolcam... a lot of my friends have one so i really want one (no im not a follower) haha but my mom or dad wont let me get one.. i could see why with all the news and reportings of rape and people having like "sex" over the internet.. also lots of pervs ok well i woukld NEVER EVER do that!! ewww how do i convince my mom to let me get one??
Thank you!!!

Hey girlie,

Try asking them again by telling them exactly how you'll be using it - and that you would NEVER use it in any other way. Tell them you plan to use it for private webcam conversations with trusted friends and family, like through Skype. Don't use Chat Roulette, don't put the feed on a website or blog, etc. If you take "photo booth" style photos, keep them private so only your friends can see them. Just be mature and tell your parents that you understand what it takes to be responsible with a webcam. Tell them you want to work with them and compromise - they'll always be allowed in the room, you'll always be open about your internet/computer business if they ask, and you'll respect their wishes no matter what. They might be pretty set in their decision (and like you said, we totally understand why), but being mature like that could help! <3
Lauren C.

by bluedevils5 on 2/16/2012 8:55:21 PM

MOD: all of my friends have more money than my family does. I came up to them, wearing the only store brand shirt in my closet, when my BFF says," Wow your actualy wearing a name-brand shirt!?! I didn't think you had enough money for that!" Her and all of my other friends laughed at me and i felt really embarrassed! Am i being parinoid? Or should i end our friendship(s)? please help me!! ~Sutton!

Hey sutton!, that wasn't nice of her to say that. Having money isn't everything. I'm sure you have a great family, so who cares if you guys aren't rich. Maybe let your friends know it makes you uncomfortable when they make fun of you for not having money. They may not realize it's hurting your feelings. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by sutton! on 2/4/2012 6:41:35 PM

If you think your closer friend and the other girl are talking about you, then it might help if you don't talk about the other girl anymore with you closer friend. If you don't like the feeling of thinking you getting talked about, (and if your closer friend is telling the other girl what you say about her) then imagine what it feels like to be the other girl. Knowing your getting talked about.

by sutton! on 2/4/2012 6:37:37 PM

Mod Dear Carol(or whoever can help me), I have 3 best friends at school and lately one of them has been gossiping about me. One of my other friends (who I thought I could trust)told the gossiper all my personal secrets and told me all the gossipers secrets. So, basically I have one untrustworthy friend, one gossip gal, and one actual friend. The gossiper told my actual friend a lie about me so now my actual friend doesnt know who to believe. I'm the nicest and honest one in the group, so I dont know why everyone hates me. The gossip friend is obessed with my untrustworthy friend so no one believes me at all when I tell them the truth. They made tallies of every time I did something mean and they only got 3 tallies a day. please help me! -Confused

Hey candycharms, it doesn't sound like you need to be friends with these girls anymore. No one should ever describe their friends as untrustworthy or gossipy. You should just stick with your third friend, because they sound like the only one with your best interest at heart. Remember girl it's better to have no friends, then a bunch of fake ones. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by candycharms on 2/3/2012 4:45:05 PM

I have three friends and on of then made me cry and said some mean things over text to the other two and me and the other two don't want to be her friend and she go mad an started crying and this girl who got in it some how told the teacher said i have to decide i already said i am not her friend so i don't know what to do

by Tyne P. on 1/24/2012 7:26:06 PM

MOD!
Hey so I need your advice. I have had these freinds since elemantry school. They haven't invited me to anything latley. Sometimes I will be sitting at a game with them and someone invite us all to hang out after the game except for me and they do it right in front of me. I know one of them doesn't like me and talks behind my back. I know you will propably say get new friends but i live in a small town and there are like 30 kids in my grade.There really isn't any body else to hang out with. I feel like an outsider and it hurts staying home on Saturday nights knowing they are out hanging out together. Thanks

Hey babe,

Try hanging out with them in smaller groups or in pairs! Go with the ones that seem like the better friends - the ones that don't talk behind your back, the ones that enjoy your company, the ones that listen to you, etc. You have to make a little effort to make plans with them, but taking an active role in your friendship could help you grow closer to them! And always keep your eyes open for opportunities to meet new people - the "new kid" in class, joining a club or taking a class around town, etc. You're not stuck with the friends you've got - there are always ways to meet new ones! <333
Lauren C.

by ILoveSoftball on 1/21/2012 9:22:52 PM

Mod Mod mod
Ok so I really need to make new friends but idk how. Like I joined the basketball team but idk how to approach girls and ask them for their numbers to talk or something bc I'd like to Get to know them better but i don't want to just walk up to a random girl and say hey what's ur number bc that's weird.. Also how do I make guy friends? It seems like no guys want to be my friend? Also in science there's this girl who I sit by but I'm not sure she likes me bc she just says like 1 sentence to me then goes off to her other friends. I wanna hang with them but I don't wanna follow them if they don't like me. Help!

Hey girlie,

Instead of putting lots of pressure on yourself to become instant friends with someone, start off with some simple chatting! All friendships have to start somewhere - you're not gonna be besties overnight. So next time you're at practice, compliment a girl on something she did really well. "Great 3 pointer, Ashley!" "That was great blocking, Jess!" You get the idea. Basically, show them you're friendly and open to talking. Then, once you break the ice, you can have longer convos before/after practice about school, the big game, the weather, your weekend plans, etc. You don't want to waste your time with people who seem like they're giving you the cold shoulder - focus on people that you have stuff in common with and who seem friendly/warm, right off the bat. And let those relationships grow into amazing friendships! <3

As for guy friends... read this!

Lauren C.

by bluedevils5 on 1/20/2012 11:53:35 PM

Mod mod mod! Me and my BFF at another school had crushed on a pair or twins. She liked one and I liked the other ill call him Justin. 5 years ago I met justin and his brother that whole summer me and Justin were inseparable he was like my bgf after he left I never saw him again and realized that I loved him. Then a year later I met my BFF and that's when we realized who we liked. Over the summer she still liked "justins" brother and found them on Facebook. Last night I asked if she had heard from them then she revealed that she had been dating "Justin" for four months and thought I'd be mad. I assured her I wasnt and I'm not but I'm shocked surprised and feel betrayed. I can't tell her but I thought I was over him but I'm hurting. Is this ok? What do I do

Hey girl,

That wasn't cool of your BFF to start dating Justin when she knew you liked him. Since now they are dating, there is nothing you really can do. It may take some time for you to get over him. The best way to do this is to keep yourself super busy and to start meeting other cuties!

Kathryn S.

by ladyinlike on 1/16/2012 11:44:40 AM

dear carol,
i have been having trouble with my bff and my frenemy. My bff maricruz and i have been friends for a long time and this year when we started 6th grade this new girl came and she has been trying to tear me and maricruz apart!i already talked to maricruz about it and she agreed with me but now she is hanging out with her again and my frenemy is still trying to tear us apart. what should i do?

by fantagegirl on 1/11/2012 12:28:02 AM

Hey blackcrow1314, mhmm well in that case, I think you guys should just slowly cut her off and if she asks why tell her what you just told me. Hope this helps! Xoxo

MOD (Lynae P.)
Thanks for the advice, but the girl is very sensitive and might get mad at us if we do try to tell her nicely.She always threatens to take us to the principal's office and I feel like if we talk to her we will end up getting in trouble. Lynae P.

by blackcrow1314 on 1/7/2012 8:02:54 PM

Hey blackcrow1314, maybe you guys should sit her down and talk to her. She may not be aware that she's acting the way she is. All of you should get together and explain to her that she has been paranoid and a little annoying. If she doesn't change, then you guys will just have to slowly cut her off. You don't have to be mean, but don't call her as much or invite her to everything. Hope this helps! Xoxo

MOD MOD.
Ok so i have a group of friends and there are five of us. But four of us are starting to become annoyed with the fifth girl and let's call her Natalie. Lately Natalie has become very paranoid about people and us talking about her. And it wasnt bad at first but now she is unbearable and we dont want to be friends with her anymore. How can we stop being her friend without being mean? Lynae P.

by blackcrow1314 on 1/7/2012 3:40:06 PM

I have an old friend. Lets call her Leah. She was at my friend Lisas house and she picked up the phone.She preteneded to be crying and sobbing on the phone and told me my friend Leah died I cried for hours because Lisa does have MS. Later I found out it was a prank! I dont know what to do now.What should I do?

Hey Girl! It's not funny to pull a prank that a close friend has died! Calmly explain to your friend Lisa that you do not find those kind of jokes funny and that it is not appropriate to do.  Explain that you care a lot about Leah so that is unfair to you.

Maddie B.

by mickyabc on 1/6/2012 2:42:34 PM

MOD MOD MOD (Meghan D. ) You have to go to the washroom with someone the teachers wont let us by ourselves and its not like showers Smile its just a regular washroom i was just gonna use the sink to clean my pants off as much as i could . Its not like u think.

Hey girl,

Next time, then, why not explain to your friends that you'd like to get cleaned up and could use their help? If worst comes to worst, you could just ask a teacher and explain the situation if you can't find a buddy.

Meghan D.

by mozilla10 on 12/31/2011 10:15:22 AM

MOD MOD I asked this before but i dont think u got it so im gonna ask again my so called bff's has been being rude to me lately i was playing soccer at school and i fell in the mud and i needed to go to the washroom (To clean myself up) when i asked all my''BFFS''they said "oh sorry we already went" Then i Told them to look at me and when they saw the mud on my pants they still wouldn't go.i told them they only cared about themselves (also i had to go with someone)and they just ignored me and walked away then in class all the girls rolled their eyes at me and laughed i told them im sorry for whatever i did to u but i need an apology cuz i dont think what u guys are doing is fair and they didn't say anything so i said now who's being rude now and they said Um u are And they all laughed at me.I dont understand why their doing this Any advice PS i tired to get new friends but they weren't the same

Hey girl,

Maybe they just didn't want to embarrass you by watching you clean yourself up! A girl can go to the bathroom by herself, right? Tell them you may have overreacted, but that you want to be included in their group. If it was just a misunderstanding, you can both apologize for being rude and move on -- that's the great thing about friends!

Meghan D.

by mozilla10 on 12/31/2011 9:50:15 AM

MOD MOD MOD!
Ive got a problem. My best friend since kindergarten is changing... and for the worse. She was extremely helpful, fun, and always there to talk. But now, her neighbor rides her bus, (I dont take the bud anymore) so they've been hanging out a lot. Her neighbor, 'K', is terrible. I trusted her once, and she blew it. She swears, she wears clothes that her butt look good (she told me) and she dates every boy possible. My best friend has been hanging with K more and more. She swears more, she lies (parents), she lets K cheat, and when I talk to her, she 'accidentally' gets distracted. She keeps secrets from me, and has completely lost my trust. Frown When K wanted to talk to me personally, my bff tagged along and listened in. My bff thinks she's the peace keeper when really, she's overprotective of anything bad happening that might affect her.
Bottom line, how do I tell my best friend that she's not herself anymore? How can I tell her that K is a bad influence? Please help

Hey Girl,

You need to be straight-up with your BFF and tell her exactly what you told me. The truth might hurt her, but hopefully she will try to see things from your perspective and realize that she has indeed changed for the worse. She might be angry with you at first, but if she is truly your best friend, you will not lose your friendship with her over this.
Kathryn S.

by novlist1307 on 12/29/2011 10:30:42 AM

Mod Mod Mod
so a few weeks ago my friend's friend commited suicide. and i am now worried about my friend because she didn't see it coming at all. today she showed me and four of my other friends a video that a boy from her town posted on Facebook. (And even our local news broadcasters featured the video on one of their broadcasts.) It was soooo sad and the guy mentioned Nyree (my friend's friend) and my friend looked like she was going to cry. Is there anything i can do to help her through this? and i would recomending anyone to check out the video it is posted on Nyree's page,if you knew her.

Hey girlie,

Grief is a really tough thing to suffer through for anyone, especially when you lose someone so close to you, so young, and so unexpectedly. She's going to be pretty fragile right now - she's going to be angry, she's going to cry, and she's going to have mood swings. She might even try to push you away, since she might think being alone is the best medicine. There's nothing you can do to press fast forward on all these emotions - she has to go through the process and feel it all. But you CAN let her know you're there to listen whenever she needs you and, if she wants to do something fun to take her mind off it, you'll be there for that too. Just assure her that you love her and support her. That's all you can do - and that will mean so much <3
Lauren C.

by Prettytough14 on 12/15/2011 5:30:46 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
People and friends think im weird =(?
every sense 7th grade ive always been kind of a goofball, its just me. I like to be loud and silly and crazy. But im in high school now so i guess its too much =/. I recently found out that some of my teamates have been saying oh she acts like shes still nine and shes soo weird and other people not on my team say the same thing. I feel really bad about myself and i wanna change myself but then i dont cuz its me what can i do to feel better this is the worst feeling =(

Being outgoing and loud is never bad! It may be what youre saying. If you try your hardest to be a nice person and not say anything mean about others - then they will have no reason to talk bad about you. If they continue to then theyre the ones at fault and you should just ignore them. Good luck hon. xoxo kerra
Kerra S.

by _Sunshine_101 on 12/13/2011 8:38:37 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
I was sick last Wednesday and didn't go to school, and ever since that Thursday, one of my friends has BARELY been talking to me at lunch (which is the only time we see each other). She talks to our mutual friend (who sits at out table) just the same. So I talked to our mutual friend and said, "Hey, have you noticed that ______ hasn't been talking to me a lot lately?" and she's like, "Yea, kinda," and I was like, "I'm kinda mad. It's been bugging me since Thursday!" and so she talked to my friend and tried to get her to sit next to me and talk to me, but my friend was like, "I'm not talking to her!" So I talked to one of my other friends and she was like, "She's being a bad friend! You should talk to her and see what's going on," Then I talked to one of my other friends (who's also a mutual friend of the friend I'm having problems with) and she was like, "She has a very stressful life. You wouldn't understand," I HAVE A STRESSFUL LIFE, TOO! What should I do? :/

Hm, stay away from these kinds of chains.  You never get proper information by going from person to person who heard something from somebody else, etc. Gotta' go right to the source! Your best bet is asking your friend what's up.  If she refuses or avoids the question by saying "it's fine" or something, then make it clear to her that the problem will never have a solution if you two don't work it out. And awkward tenseness between people is never fun.

Jordan S.

by ILoveBigTimeRush1 on 12/7/2011 2:55:45 PM

MOD. Mod. There is a problem am having with a person on my basketball team. The coach is her aunt and she gets to start every game. Her Aunt never takes her out and she doesn't even play the people she dosen't like. The girl on my team even corrects us whenever we are practicing like she is so perfect at the sport. I don't know what to do because the rest of the players on the team work twice as hard and some are a lot better than her. I don't want this season to turn out like the last one

Well it sounds like the coach is choosing favorites and theres not gonna be a whole lot you can do about that. However you could try to join a different league so that you can have more fun and get more play time. Its up to you. xoxo kerra
Kerra S.

by blondie15laine on 12/6/2011 6:13:26 PM

MOD MOD
Bad Case of Procrastination?
I always get distracted when I actually TRY to focus on hw, etc...Any tips for procrastination?

Hey girl! Trust me I know exactly how you feel, I am the queen of procrastination. I have found that listening to music is the best way to keep me focused because it blocks out all other noises and just becomes routine.
Ana D.

by sready on 12/6/2011 1:11:11 AM

ok so this doesn't exactly pretain to this subject but all my "friends" copy me and follow me i've told them like i can go somewhere by myselfim just fine by myself and its so annoying they copy everything i wear to i've gotten so sick of it i've started wearing sweatpants tshirts and tennies everywhere and surprise surprise..so have they:p people tell me to take it as a compliment but i don't i hate it and i go to a small private school with a class of 16 and half of them try to look just like me the only different thing is that im alowed to dye my hair unlike the rest of them so i dyed it red like cherry red so yeah i've tried telling them to stop and they act like i'm causing the problem. what do i do?????

by belieberinbieber on 11/19/2011 10:34:15 PM

Well This has happend to me alot too but I always remember this verse my grandma tells me your lies will always be found out about so yea.....also im new here so can u add ppl as friends or what all can yhu do can yhu chat??

by Camo Country Chick on 11/19/2011 9:51:55 PM

Mod MOD!!!!!! please answer
My friend is SO mean to me. Like we were doing a class project where we had to cut these slips of paper up and sort them. She rolled her eyes and said," I'm just gonna let you cut them." and turned around to talk to my bff Olivia. When I had two left I asked her if she could do the rest. She sighed really loud and took it. Then, the teacher told us to sort them. I did, but she was too busy talking. I gently shook her shoulder to tell her to do It but she pinches my hand and shakes it off! I tried again and she rolled her yes and turned around and said " what?" in a really bratty tone. Then I told her she had to do the assignment and she goes," maddi, y don't u just do it" and when I told her I did she throws the leftover paper on my desk and starts. She does stuff like this all the time and then always acts like it's ok. Sorry this is so long!!! Thanks!!!

Hey girl,

Whoa... this is SUPER witchy (with a B...). Who says she has the right to treat you like this? Who says she is entitled to making you do all the work? You deserve WAY more respect than this! Personally, I'd probably stop talking to her so much and, instead, hang out with my other friends a lot more. She'll probably notice the fact that you've become less available...and then you can tell her straight: you want to spend time with friends who respect you, don't walk all over you, and are nice people. (Vary that up depending on the situation - you don't want to go down to her level and be totally mean, but you want to get your point across.) Be strong here and stand up for what you deserve! <3
Lauren C.

by Nmun2000 on 11/18/2011 12:02:22 AM

Thanks this helped a lot!

by earthygirl on 11/16/2011 6:19:03 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOM MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
My friends have been like "talking" about me like we share the seat on the bus and both of them thought it would be funny to see me fall on my butt in the aisle and slide into the back of the bus! They also kept on whispering to each other and not including me, and my pants where a little too small and my "fly" was down and they didn't tell me. They also planed a sleepover after the movie we are going to and they didn't invite me over. I asked my mom about it and she thinks i should leave my old friends kinda behind. I don't want to leave them behind because we have been friends scene kinder garden! Please Help me!

Hey girly, you may not want to let them go but do you really want to be friends with people like this. Sure true friends will joke around, but not try to intentionally make you feel bad.

Lynae P.

by earthygirl on 11/16/2011 6:11:41 PM

I am freaking out!
1- My best friend who lives across the country found out her boyfriend (they have been dating for almost a year) was cheating on her. I’m wanting to help her but we don’t get a chance to talk as often as we use to and plus I can’t help but be scared that it might happen to me. Help!
2- I have missed a MONTH of school because I was in the hospital and I might be going back to school after Thanksgiving. I am so scared! You see I’m a quiet girl, invisible in a way, but now I want to come back different, tougher. I have changed a lot and I want people to relize that.
3- My best-friends brother and I have been talking a lot recently, he was in the hospital too, and I can’t help but wonder if he might like me. Which brings me to the fact that this boy who I’m “dating” and am too shy to try and break-up with him. What do I do?
Please help me!

Hey Chica,

1. Give your BFF a call– chances are, she could really use a pal to talk to during this sad time. You don't really have to talk about what happened to her, but just let her know that you are there if she needs you. Don't let her situation scare you. Your friend's boyfriend was a jerk, but that doesn't mean all guys are, so don't stress unless you're really worried your guy is cheating.

2. The best way to make people see you differently is to act differently. You don't have to change who you are, but make an effort to talk to more people in school and make plans to hang out outside of school. The more open you are to talk to others, the more responsive those people will be. Plus, some new clothes never hurt! Try getting an accessory or cute top that makes you feel super confident, and rock it when you go back to school.

3. Before you find out if your BFF's brother likes you, you have to figure out what you want to do about your BF. It doesn't sound like you're head-over-heels for him, so think about being single for a little bit and then consider the new guy. He might be better for you, but you have to break up with your BF before you can do anything.
Rachel N.

by emmyie11 on 11/16/2011 1:45:48 PM

MOD!MOD!Please,and thank you!Im in Marching band.And every few years we go on a trip My section was going to room together since only the two oldest girls have gone on previous trips.So the four oldest girls roomed together(7 of us are going)and I was going to room with the two girls a year ahead of me and their friend.Well there is this one girl(I'll call her Y)who is freinds with the other girl who is my age in my section(I'll call her X)Y isn't always very nice to me,and sometimes I think she only hangs out with me because X, and I are friends.Well I got to the sign up sheet last, and Y had signed up before me(Today was the last day to sign up)and Y took my spot in the room with them. Y is always talking about how she wants to join our section next year and stuff.she is always trying to be with the older girls in my section constantly, and kind of annoys them.Now I have to room with a girl and her friends that bullied me at our old school last year.What should I say to our teacher?

Hey girlie,

You don't necessarily want special treatment here, but since you don't have a great past with the girls in your room, it's definitely worth talking to your teacher about this. After school, tell him/her that you don't want to cause a scene, but you had a lot of problems with these girls in the past. Tell him/her that you feel like YOU have grown a lot since then, but that you just don't feel safe being in a room with them since they bullied you before. Obviously you want to enjoy the trip, but you won't if you are constantly being beaten down. Be honest, girl!
Lauren C.

by MidnightMockingbird on 11/3/2011 6:54:41 PM

MODMODMODMODMODMOD
Hey,
I get invited to all these things with my friends, problem is i carnt get there cause my mum doesnt drive.
My friend just txt me to say that a person that was going to pick me up couldnt, and it is for her birthday party thing, now i am not sure i can even go because we need to be there for 8:30.
Also, apparently i like this boy, and now my friend is gettting like sarcastically flirting with him. Finally, another one of my friends is taking my best friend away from me, she buts in, holds hands and is obsesive about her. The rest of us dont like it, but we dont know what to do!
MODMODMODMODMOD please help

Hey girl,

Try to plan a little bit further ahead next time. Don't wait til the last second to get a ride - instead, if you have to be somewhere in the morning, plan a fun sleepover at a friend's house the night before. Or make plans the day before so they don't have as much of a chance of falling through! As for the friend who is flirting with your crush, tell her to knock it off. Tell her it was funny at first but it's really getting old. If she's a good friend, she'll realize you're not joking around and she'll cool it. As for your other friend, that's a situation where your bestie needs to step up and tell her to back off. But if your bestie likes they attention and isn't bothered by it, you might not be able to do much. Just try to hang out with all your other friends and enjoy the company! I'm sure your bestie will get annoyed soon that your other friend is hogging all her time - and she'll be back with you guys quick <3

Lauren C.

by samiq on 11/3/2011 3:44:22 PM

MOD!
My best friend switched schools (we still are BFFS, I just don't see her as much) and my other closest friend started acting weird. She started flirting with the guy I like... A LOT. But I moved on after 3 things. Then I told her about something I heard happened at a party. I made her swear not to tell anyone because I wasn't there and I didn't want to spread rumors. But I had heard that one of our friend's boyfriends MIGHT have been flirting with a lot of girls. She swore she wouldn't tell and I thought nothing of it. I then found out that she had told the girl and the girl was going to break up with her boyfriend. I stopped talking to her cuz i realized how mean she was. But now I see her in most of my classes, and she drives me crazy! She is so rude to other people and I can't STAND it! How can I deal?

Hey girl! I have been a similar situation and it is no fun at all. Dont let her see that she is getting to you though. Even though it will be hard try and hang out with different people but still try and keep the peace between you two. Moving on is the best thing to do even though it may be difficult. Give her some time and maybe she will realize that she has changed and could possibly be loosing her friends over it.
Ana D.

by reesesgal16 on 10/25/2011 8:25:04 AM

i had this problem with some friends i felt like they were using me, but after we all talked about it we became soooo much closer they are like my sisters now, its always good to talk and get the truth out.

by fresh princess on 10/20/2011 12:02:21 AM

Dear Mod, I've been eating lunch with these girls in my choir class for over a year now. At homecoming I was going with one of our friends, and they weren't going. They were lying and invited my friend to pictures, but not me. My friend thought I was going and was peeved at them too. I feel like they might be unsure about what we would do together out side of school. I keep inviting them to do things, but they always have some lame excuse.They seem to like me, but I'm not sure. What do I do?

Keep trying! dont give up yet. Maybe even ask why they havent invited you to stuff. If youre honest with how youre feeling maybe theyll get the hint and invite you. xoxo kerra
Kerra S.

by arg5890 on 10/14/2011 6:14:01 PM

I got in a HUGE fight with my friend, but we said sorry and became friends again. Well, now she is saying really mean things about me. What should I do?

Hey chica!

Instead of being defensive, sit your friend down and tell her that it makes you feel bad when she says mean things about you. Explain to her that you're want to be friends, but only if she treats you the right way. If she can't respect you're opinion, then she's not that good of a friend, is she? xoxo
Devin A.

by eemmais on 10/14/2011 1:26:17 AM

MOD MOD im on a cheer squad and this one girl on our squad isn't very peppy and we've explained it time and time again, she just said she wanted the title of a cheerleader, not to actually put forth the effort and cheer. i was our game capitain and we were going to do a dance and she told me she wasnt going to do it. i told her look you signed up for this and you arent going to make us look bad so ur going to dance, i kno that there are plenty of cheers i dont like but i do them anyways. people always come up to us and ask why isnt she smiling or tell us that we look bad and its because of her. one day later my other friend form the squad told me she called me a snobby b word who needs to Eff off and that im too bossy. whgat should i do it s really bothering me a lot!

Hey girl,

Do you have an overall captain of the squad? Or an older advisor? Someone needs to set this girl straight. You are TOTALLY right here - if you're going to be on the team, you need to do the work, put forth the energy and excitement that everyone else does, and actually want to be there! The fact that she isn't trying is totally disrespectful to the rest of your team - and she hasn't earned her spot, so she really could be kicked off. Try talking to someone more in charge and/or older to help you talk to her!
Lauren C.

by mystic pixie on 10/13/2011 10:13:01 PM

Okay, so I met this really awesome girl who could be best-friend material. I'm not good at making new friends, and she is really social and bubbly. I really want to be better friends, but it feels like I'm not being as social as I usually am around my other friends who I've known forever. How can I start showing her the true bubbly, social, crazy me?

Hey girlie,

You just have to find the things you have in common! Does she swoon over Bieber just like you? Is she a basketball fan and roots for your fave team? Try to get to know what she likes! And try not to take it too seriously - friendships should be fun, easy-going, and not stressful Smile Just give it time and you'll become closer, so long as you're being out-going, talking to her, and asking her to hang out!
Lauren C.

by AvatarTLA on 10/13/2011 10:12:41 PM

me too! I think my friends talk about me behind my back..

by cindy5218 on 10/11/2011 1:22:09 PM

MOD MOD MOD,
Ok so there is this guy that I really like...at least I thought I did. Whenever I am around him I always want to be like talking to him and stuff because I guess I just feel really happy whenever I do...but recently he started liking this other girl and I was genuinely happy for him to be with her because they are so cute together...I thought I liked him as more than a friend because it seems to me like I do...but do I? I am a little confused.

Hey girl, I'd distance yourself for a bit and see how you're feeling. Sometimes a bit of absence might help you out. It is totally possible to like a guy and be happy for him being with another girl too: it shows you really care about his happiness.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by hawaiigirl624 on 10/10/2011 5:16:13 PM

MOD!
Two of my friends started to cut themselves over the summer! I don't really hang out with them anymore because of that. But now they started huffing things too! One of my other friends told the principle but they couldn't prove anything so they're still doing it. I really want to help them but if I tell their mom or anybody else then they'll get mad at me. What should i do?

Hey chica!

I can only imagine how tough things must be for you. It's important that you speak to a trusted adult - a family member, a guidance counselor, a teacher, anyone - to let them know what's on your mind. Also, you're being a good friend to these girls by attempting to help them, so even though they'll be mad at you now, they won't be forever. This link provides you with information about organizations that help teens whose friends are cutting themselves, and you can call the toll-free numbers to speak to a peer counselor, too. http://www.girlslife.com/post/2008/08/04/HELP!2.aspx
Devin A.

by basketballuvver on 10/7/2011 3:13:50 PM

MOD!!MOD!!MOD!! My Bff's ride my bus, and normally i ride with them, but lately my crush has been sittin' by me and hanging out with me. So now i go where he sits so i can hang with him. But i think my friends got mad and now are thalking about me because he doesn't like them. What should i DO!!!!!!! HELP!!!!

Hey girly, you should talk to your BFF. Let them know you aren't trying to ignore them, you just want to get to know your crush a little more. Maybe they don't like them, because they've never met. Introduce the two to break the ice. I'm sure talking it out will resolve it. Hope this works for ya chicky! Smile Smile

Lynae P.

by 1laurab on 10/5/2011 5:29:58 PM

MOD! MOD! MOD!
There's this guy at my school...I like him a lot. We're best friends and always try to wave and say hi and talk to each other at school. Lately he asked me who I liked and I had to lie and say I liked some guy from my church because I was scared that if I told him I liked him, he'd never talk to me again. He seemed cool with it the next day. The day after that I was out sick and my friends said he was in a bad mood that day. The next day I went to school and he was totally IGNORING me. I tried saying hi but all he did was ignore me. He was acting like himself to his other friends, but is acting differently towards me...is he mad at me? What's going on? Should I talk to him? Please help.

by ObsessiveCharlesDisorder on 10/1/2011 12:14:57 PM

MOD!
There's a guy I haven't seen in awhile that goes to my school now (he's a grade younger) and it was obvious that we both used to kind of like each other. I see him in the halls now, and I know he knows who I am, and I know that he knows that I know who he is (sorry if that didn't make sense...). I don't exactly like him now but I think seeing him again made the old feelings resurface a little bit, if you know what I mean. I think he's in a relationship, although it doesn't say on Facebook, but is there a chance that he feels the same way about me, too? I'm just confused and trying to figure him out.

by smileysevvie on 10/1/2011 8:07:20 AM

MOD!
At school I started playing football with the boys at recess. Now my best friend has been telling me that all the girls say I'm only playing for the boys and that I'm boy obsessed. They also said I want to get intimate with them, and I don't! I thought I was close with some of the girls who started the rumors, but now I always find my mind wandering on what they think. Please help.

I wouldnt worry what they think. Your actions speak louder than their rumuors. If you play with these guys and dont get "intimate" with any of them then theyll be proved wrong. Dont let it bother you too much. Everyone is gonna have opinions and theyre not always gonna be right. Dont spend too much time worrying about their gossip. xoxo kerra
Kerra S.

by traptitus on 9/30/2011 5:52:32 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!
I have a friend who's really close, but sometimes... too close. She always has to work with me in school, and if not she gets sad which makes me feel really bad. I luv her, but i wanna hang with my other pals too. What should i do?

Hey girlie,

You just gotta be firm! Try not to feel too bad if you decide to hang out with your other friends sometimes. You obviously owe your bestie some of your time and attention, but you don't need to spend every second with her! In fact, it's healthier to spend some time apart so you keep your friendship fresh. Try subtly suggesting a new club/sport you've seen that reminded you of your friend and, in another convo, describe how much fun you have in your own independent activities - it might help her branch out so she isn't as dependent on you!
Lauren C.

by ColosalMascara on 9/29/2011 5:57:14 PM

they might or might not talk about u. but if they do what if they say sweet and nice things like, I loved her hair today! and her outfit was cute 2! Smile

by taylorswiftfan1233 on 9/29/2011 4:22:53 PM

MOD!
Okay so I'm at a new school and i made friends. i dont like them that much though. I want to hang out with some different people (they invited me their table and stuff). Should I just sit with them? My friends aren't that close with me considering im quiet so I dont think theyll care that much if i leave...err what so i do?

Hey chica!

What do you think will make you more happy?  Sometimes, if you don't make decisions about what you want and put them first, it'll be hard to ever focus on what really makes you happy.  If they ask, you could always tell them you promised another friend you'd sit with them that day. They'll be a little down, maybe, but they'll understand.
Jordan S.

by animallover234 on 9/29/2011 3:56:39 PM

MOD! MOD!
ok so i know i have a month but i really don't know what to be for halloween. I don't want to have the same costume as everyone else (everyone is always either a princess or a fairy) but i still wanna look cute (but not skanky) also it would be great if it was something i could make at home or easily be able to find. Any ideas? thanks!

Hey girlie!

Are there any features about yourself that remind you of a character or movie?  That's my go-to trick.  I had red hair, so I always dress up as another redhead.  Last year, I was the redheaded Greek goddess Aphrodite.

Don't hesitate to ask your friends or your family for ideas either!

Good luck!
Jordan S.

by mrslautner2016 on 9/29/2011 12:59:38 PM

Smile Smile Smile Happy Wednesday Smile Smile Smile

Join Club GL! It's the ultimate club for all GL girlies. We talk about anything and everything! Also you can give advice on anything and everything.

by oceanlover69 on 9/28/2011 9:03:26 PM

ohhh how sad

by Twilightfan001 on 9/28/2011 7:34:50 PM

Of course your friends talk about you.

by i_luv_devin on 9/28/2011 2:30:00 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!PLEASE HELP!!
Last year my best friends were being mean to me so I found new friends. I still talk to the old ones just not as often. One day I took some of them to school(since we live so close to each other); well one of them got mad at me for not letting her bring a friend that hates me because there wasn't room in the car. Now at p.e she is making fun of me.I already told my dad & he said if it keeps going he'll do something. How do I let it go and ignore it during class? And should I tell a teacher too? Pleasee help!

Hey girly! If she is teasing you, she obviously is not your true friend. You should do your best to avoid her and hang out with girls who are nice to you. I know it's not easy to ignore her comments but try not to let it get to you. If it continues, telling a teacher about it is okay or you could talk to your guidance counselor. Remember misery loves company so don't give in to her drama.

Amalia E.

by jello4eve on 9/28/2011 11:30:21 AM

This is actually GREAT advice!
I thought I'd click on this article and see something like "You need to confront them!"
If that were said, I'd be saying "They'd probably deny it!" in this comment!
GREAT JOB, GL.COM! GREAT JOB! Smile

by fungirl123 on 9/27/2011 5:52:36 PM

If you talk about them, they're bound to talk about you!

by cdsteakrox on 9/27/2011 5:42:05 PM

Hey girls!

Need advice? I can help you! I can give you advice on just about anything you ask me, just comment on my profile!

Also, please join my group “Amazing_Quotes” for some simply amazing quotes!

by facebooker1240 on 9/27/2011 5:39:15 PM