17 HOURS AGO Make sure your first school dance is a night to remember!: http://t.co/cpIIIDwyjP

18 HOURS AGO Got a bad case of dance fever? Here's all the homecoming advice you need: http://t.co/f1AVsQG1cd

19 HOURS AGO Get up & be active with your BFF this fall w/ these fab and festive fall activities!: http://t.co/sIdZZkduFe

COMMENTS

Busy, babe? Balance HW and extracurrics like a pro!

We’re showing you how to master Homework Mountain…without giving up your after-school activities.

Thanks Rachael A!

by Augie on 6/25/2012 11:09:42 AM

MOD!MOD!MOD!
Hi! I'm moving to the suburbs from a bad neighborhood in the city. My mom didn't want me in the City's public schools because the schools were terrible so I did an online public school which is like homeschool. I have only gone to private school through 3rd grade. I'm going to a huge ( one of the biggest in Ohio)public jr high school for eighth grade this fall and I know it's going to be a big change from online school. I was wondering if you had any tips. Oh and I'm goin to have to go to a new youth group to meet people who go to my new school.

Hey girl!

This is a pretty big adjustment, but you're going to be fine! I know it will be nerve racking, but think about all the new people you'll get to meet and new opportunities. When you meet people in the youth group, make sure you grab their numbers so you can text them to hang out. Through them, you will even be able to meet more people. Good luck!
Rachael A.

by Augie on 6/25/2012 10:16:49 AM

I have honors classes and the teeacher doesnt allow you to work with anyone or you share the grade. Any tips?

by dancer1414:) on 6/20/2012 10:26:50 AM

(Mod!)I balance out my schedule the same way. We got a planner and I use it ALL the time! But even thought I switch things around and work on it, I always seem to lose track of everything! I even look at my planner almost 24/7 and yet I still have trouble keeping track! And with meets almost every night and weekend, I am almost in a grade that my mom says I am going to have double the homework and more projects, I am going to EXPLODE next year! Got any tips?

Hey girl,

Try talking to your mom for tips, and don't be afraid to cut back on activities if you're getting too stressed! School is important and so is having fun, and you don't need to be stressed, especially when you're young, so if you don't have time to get everything done, see if there's anything you can cut from your schedule so you'll be able to do it all and still have fun!

Meghan D.

by Kat235 on 5/11/2012 10:22:43 PM

Next year I will be a freshman in high school and I'm very nervous. The school that I am going to is huge, and when we went on a tour, it was super confusing. I'm also really nervous because of the amount of assignments and homework they give. My older brother is going to be a senior in the same high school next year, and he always gets tons of homework. I just really want to keep up my good grades and not get lost in school next year. Any advice? Thanks Smile

by Daddy'sGrl12 on 4/3/2012 4:42:22 PM

MOD MOD MOD im really nervous to move schools. Im moving because i hate my school and my class mates are so mean to me and i need a break from them so im planing on moving to a middle school close to a high school cause i'll be going to highschool in 2 years and im really nervous i don't know how to make "Good" friends when i move cause i need to make friends before highschool and i need help with it i don't wan't to regret making a friend with someone cause in the end she/he might me bad... Anytips ??

Hey girl,

If you make friends with someone who turns out to be different than you originally thought, you don't have to stay friends with that person forever, so don't worry about that too much! Try talking to girls who seem nice, friendly and want to talk to you, and if they turn out to be different than you thought, you can always hang out with different people later! Good luck at your new school, and check out this channel on making friends at a new school! http://www.girlslife.com/tag/how-to-make-friends-at-a-new-school.aspx

Meghan D.

by mozilla10 on 2/18/2012 8:59:07 AM

Hey PrettyTough14, yeah you could be. Sometimes at different periods of our lives we become stressed, and this sounds like one of those times. The good thing is that it's just a phase, so you'll be feeling good in no time. Hope this helps! Xoxo

so yesterday a teacher yelled at me and so of my friends for saying inappropiate things and swearing. but my two other friends and i weren't saying anything at all it was just the two guys that were by us. so today the principle came and talked to each of us except one of the boys because they didn't see him on the tape but the rest of us got busted even though we weren't doing anything wrong. my two friends that i was with both got kicked out of our school's musical, they told them that they got kicked out for being around the swearing guys. so all day at school i was feeling really sad, even before i knew my friends got kicked out of the musical. i have also been feeling really stressed out lately. could i just be having a stress overload? Lynae P.

by Prettytough14 on 1/27/2012 5:01:06 PM

Hey moe4321, well you're already doing a good job by getting those 80s and 90s on your tests, just go even further with your studying. If you study for 2 hours, go for 3. Get your parents or a friend to drill you even more on the material. If you have any trouble understanding anything in class, let the teacher know. You could even have study parties with other kids in your class. And yup I think you should start tutoring for math. Since your teacher instructs so quickly, one on on with someone who is good at math will really help. Hope this helps and good luck!! Xoxo

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Hey MOD, i want to be valedictorian in 8th grade (im in 7th) and they start looking at our grades this qaurter. I have the worst grades i've had all year and im so sad. Can you give me suggestions on how to get better grades and how to 100% on tests? I study but usually end up getting 80s or 90s Tong p.s. we have a new math teach and he goes really fast through the material and i dont understand. There's someone who's willing to tutor me... should i let them? Thanks! Please answer soon. Lynae P.

by moe4321 on 1/18/2012 5:15:44 PM

Hi! Join my club U can change the world in the school/studying section! You will get advice on school, health, fitness, problems, relationships, friends, emotions (incluiding depression), tough stuff, and more. Hope you like it and join! Laughing

by maeugeniap on 1/3/2012 12:30:35 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD***
What exactly do you look for in colleges when you are trying to pick?

Hey girl,

The most important thing is that it is a place that suits you. Make sure it offers the programs and major you are interested in. It definitely helps to tour colleges in person and to decide what you like for yourself!

Kathryn S.