AN HOUR AGO Poppin' pin-worthy BTS nail art: http://t.co/EykNKhp6zB

2 HOURS AGO ICYMI find out who took home a #VMA moon man: http://t.co/iSbqAtVltQ

3 HOURS AGO Dressy vs. casual—which do guys prefer? http://t.co/QX7u6sFbpk

COMMENTS

Early bird period

My period seems to be getting earlier and earlier every month! I just got mine today and it's about a week earlier than last month.

MOD MOD MOD!
how do i ask my mom if its okay to shave?

Hey girl,

You kinda just gotta go for it! Catch mom at a quiet moment (maybe when she's doing dishes or reading her book) and tell her you've been noticing the hair on your legs more and more lately and, since you're getting older, you think it might be best for you to start shaving now. And tell her you wanted to include her on it so she can help you choose a razor, gel, teach you how, etc. since she's been there before and done it! Focus on the fact that you want to tackle this together and I'll bet you'll win her over Smile
Lauren c.

by Gravy2332 on 10/6/2011 8:25:47 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MODMODMOD
i need help. When they say you are spotting what is it and how long does it last. i have had about 6 periods and i got one a week early last week but it only lasted for 2days. Is this normal?

When you are spotting, that just mean that there are possibly small spots of blood in your underwear. Girls usually put on pantiliners so they will not ruin your underwear. Because you just started, this is completely normal!

-Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by supergal05 on 10/4/2011 11:10:05 PM

I think my mom thinks I have an eating disorder. Just because today I asked her if a part on my leg was muscle or fat, and I didn't eat a lot for dinner tonight, and I guess I've asked her about calories a few times. But she said to me today 'I hope you don't have an eating disorder' and I was like what? I mean I am overweight so I see why she might think that, but Idk im afraid every time I decide not to eat something or ask her a health question she'll freak out. So what should I do?
Thanks a lot.

You should sit down and talk to your mother about how the both of you feel. Let her know that there are no problems with any type of disorders, and that you just have some questions about your body. Hopefully she will have a better understanding!

-Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by squigglegiggle13 on 10/4/2011 10:20:59 PM

My period never comes when I'm sick. For example, I had a cold two weeks ago, when my period was supposed to come, and so it's been "held off" until now.

by IvoryPiano on 10/4/2011 9:25:06 PM

Hey girls!

Need advice? Well, I can help you!
I can help give you advice on just about anything!

Also, please join my group "Amazing_Quotes", I'm trying to reach my goal of 100 members!
So, please help me reach my goal!

by facebooker1240 on 10/4/2011 7:42:45 PM

Hey ladies! I'm Sara and I if you need advice on anything let me know Smile
I answer every question fast(I check my advice queen page everyday) and I ANY subject is fine Smile I will answer ANY question no matter what the subject!
Really girls I'm here for you. If you have any problems or need advice on ANYTHING just let me know and I will answer wholeheartedly(:

Go on my Advice Queen page. My username is "rellim" OR my profile! (same username) and I'll post the answer on YOUR profile! Don't be afraid to ask anything because I"m here to help Smile

by rellim on 10/4/2011 7:14:00 PM

Thank you, Jordan. ^^

Anytime, chica Smile
Jordan S.

by Superleigh50 on 10/4/2011 3:22:53 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
I'm thirteen, though I have the body of maybe a sixteen year old. This has never happened before. My last period, I had clots and my flow became very heavy one day. The clots were dark, almost shiny, and about the size of silver dollars. Why is this?

Hey girlie,

I can't tell you why that is happening.  Your body is going through all kinds of changes, and that is most likely having an effect on your flow.  These kinds of things will occur lots of times over the next few years, but I assure you that it's nothing serious!
Jordan S.

by Superleigh50 on 10/4/2011 3:14:41 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
It has been a month and a half since my last period, should I worry?

Hey girly! Dont be to alarmed. If your work out habits or eating habits have changed it is perfectly normal. Also, if you are still in the first few months of your period it is normal to be running a bit behind schedule or to skip a month. If you continue to not get it ask a parent or doctor to check it out and make sure you are okay.
Ana D.

by nerdisthewurd26 on 10/4/2011 12:30:11 PM

MOD MOD MOD i'm really confused. I got my first period about seven weeks ago and the past two days I have been getting brown discharge-ey stuff which I thought would turn red and be my period but it hasn't (im getting more of it though) and I have had cramps and I feel just like I did for my first period so what is this stuff?? sorry about being so graphic but... it smells like my period... but comes out further forward in my pad than my period did. help??

Hey girly! From what I know this is pretty normal. And when you first get your period it isnt very prompt the first few times or very heavy. Ask your mom or doctor for some advice though just to make sure everything is okay down there.
Ana D.