5 HOURS AGO Why you should be rockin' a super cute sun hat this season: http://t.co/6iUJMHrLzm

8 HOURS AGO Don't worry; shaving your arms will not make your hair grow back like a sasquach: http://t.co/xbnHVhvheI

9 HOURS AGO What would you do if your mom blogged all of your private (& majorly embarrassing) moments for the world to see? http://t.co/CFJM3Sv1B4

COMMENTS

I want to change my body shape

I have a pear shape, but I would like to have a banana figure or an hourglass...

To oceanlover69---- I know Exactly what u mean- I never know what to wear- try asking yours buds, or close family with the same body shape! Smile good luck

by Girlslifegirl5155 on 3/18/2013 7:12:20 PM

I'm so fat... people say im skinny but thats because i wear clothes to make me look skinny... i have like 38Ds (boobs) and i like my legs but its my gross muffin top that i need to get rid of...i need help so bad....im kinda muscley, i have like, no fat on my legs, just muscle.. its mostly my muffin top... pleasee help... i eat pretty good but nothing seems to help... ),:

by kaylablaze33098 on 5/1/2012 8:00:09 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!
my boobs never grow!! i have been a 32A for about a year! why aren't they growing!!

Hey girlie,

Check out these articles all about boobs - as the second one says, your breasts could keep growing through high school and even college! Everybody's different so it's tough to say - but the important thing is that you embrace the bod you have at this very moment. <3 Be proud and confident in your own skin!!

Lauren C.

by iloveballet&singing on 3/3/2012 1:07:40 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
I'm felling insecure about my body. Im as healthy as can be, I play sports all the time, and eat right. But the thing bugging me is my stomach. Whenever I'm getting dressed I always make sure I look right, but then there's my stomach. From the front, i look fine. But from the side, my stomach sticks out farther than my chest, making me look fat, well I should say pudgey. The one time my stomach didn't stick out as much was when I was sick and skipped breakfast and lunch. My stomach just seems larger than it should be. I wear slim fit tees also, so that might have something to do with it, but i'm not sure. everyday, i pray no one notices my stomach... WHAT SHOULD I DO?

Hey girl,

I totally understand! I have the same issue with my arms - no matter how healthy I eat or how much physical activity I get, I feel like they're way too big. The key is dressing your bod for your shape and learning tricks to make that "problem area" (not that it's a problem, but it makes ya self-conscious) seem less noticeable. Try wearing blazers that are nipped in at the waist or that give you the option to button at the waist. It creates curves, which takes the attention off your belly! You could also try dresses with a wide waste band or a ruched waste band. Also remember to wear a bra that lifts and supports properly - keeping your boobs up where they're supposed to be will really let your waist become visible. V-neck styles will also be perf on ya Smile
Lauren C.

by novlist1307 on 11/5/2011 9:07:39 PM

MOD
I'm 13 and I'm suddenly gaining a lot of weight and I don't know why. I'm not doing anything different than usual. Why do you think this is happening?
Thanks Smile

Hey girl, puberty, that's why. Your bod is becoming that of a woman's, so things are going to change around slightly. Just continue to exercise and eat healthy so your bod has the fuel it needs as it undergoes it.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by taylorswiftlover101 on 10/24/2011 6:44:03 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD Smile
HEYYY! Ok so im pretty confused about this... how do i know what body type i am??? I have a pretty large bust, my waist is a little smaller than my bust, hips are about even with waist and my legs and arms are chubby. At first i thought i was hourglass, but my hips don't fit with that description. Ok so thanks!!!! Laughing

Hey chica,

Yep you're right, your hips don't fit with the description of an hourglass so I'd probably say you're an apple! See our scoop on body types for a description Smile
Lauren C.

by sunshinestar106 on 10/14/2011 10:25:38 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!
I love being curvy, but it seems like my boobs never stop growing! It has almost become impossible to buy bras because when I buy one I grow out of it in like a week! My mom is always saying "You can still wear it once it gets a little small" but thats not the case. At the begining of the school year I was a 34A then like 3 weeks later I was a 34B and now I am a 34C and growing out of it!Plus my friends are getting a little jealous of me because all of the boys are always talking to me and flirting with me. Sometimes I wish I had no boobs or a butt. Please help me!!!!

Hey cutie!

There's some things about each and every one of us girls that we just can't change.  Your breast size is one of them.  But you know what you can change?  The way you think about them.  You don't have to think big breasts are a bad thing, in fact, I'm sure most people think the exact opposite.  Everything about you is beautiful, because it's real.  And guess what?  That includes your twins!  Love what you've got, babe.
Jordan S.

by artistchic99 on 10/6/2011 10:19:28 AM

I don't know if you do inherit your body shape from your fam cos every one in my family is either petite or ruler shaped and I'm an hourglass figure.

by Apple cake on 10/5/2011 12:00:47 AM

MOD!MOD!
I have a weird problem , my eyelid has been stuck up funny for about 4 days!it happend after I cried for a while. Its like it got a new fold in it and now its not really folding over right. It's happeed before but didnt last as long. I have avoided putting makeup on it and even iced it for a while ( thinking it might be swollen). do you think it will go away soon? for now I am going to leave it alone. HELP!

Is there any way you can talk to your school nurse about it? If so, wait until you can and leave it alone until then.

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by annaliese on 10/4/2011 9:49:47 PM

MOD MODMMOD
I am about 5'1. I am about the same size as my mom, but I have a butt, but really tiny hips. I am probably done growing, except for my boobs, which are quite flat and not full yet. But they are gonna be small. Does this mean I am pear-shaped? I can't find pears in the style section of the mag..What clothes would look good on my bod?? thanks!! (=

Hey girl, it's hard to say without seeing you in period, but I'd definitely go for clothes that play up your waist!

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by jewels101 on 10/3/2011 8:56:58 PM

I don't like my body type. im really skinny with long legs and it looks completely stupid when i wear jeans

by oceanlover69 on 10/3/2011 8:16:26 PM

If you want to "change" your shape, you could work on toneing up or building muscle in the areas you dislike (like they said above). &You can also find clothes that flatter your shape; GL & Seventeen usually have really good articles that show how to buy for your bod. Smile

by Pink0x on 10/3/2011 7:31:40 PM

Mod
Not to be critical or anything upon the magazine it's just that when you say curvy or plus size thats not really plus size nor curvy. I would apprciate if you were to use more REAL plus size models beacuse most plus sized teens when they see all of these amazing fashions and all of the models are skinnny they begin to feel bad about their bodies and when you say to love your body(BTW i'm plus size)some plus size gils can find that impossible to love their bodies when they see all of these skinny models.

Hey girl, everyone has trouble loving themselves sometimes: trust me when I say it's not limited to one body size. It's so important to realize that you are beautiful though and that many of the models in those magazines have been touched up. They don't quite look like that in real life. So don't compare yourself. Instead, focus on the people around you.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by domino1301 on 10/3/2011 6:45:03 PM

mod mod mod
my friends told me awhile ago tht if ur boobs are itchy tht means they r growing is that really true?
thx

Hey girl, not that I know of. I don't think it's a universal sign.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by coly33 on 10/3/2011 6:36:34 PM

MODMODMOD!
I don't know why my hips aren't growing. I have my period monthly and I am 12 years old. It is big on the side of my tummy and then it goes inwards where my hips are SUPPOSED to grow and then it get's big on my thighs. I don't know what's wrong with me. I am really embarrassed to wear tight shirts. HELP!!!

Hey girl, there's nothing wrong with you. Your bod is just changing!

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by maniii111 on 10/3/2011 6:31:06 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
i cant find the article that says all the body types. I remember reading it, but now i cant find it. could you give me the link to it???? Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey girl, here it is: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2011/06/06/The-scoop-on-body-shapes.aspx?cp=all

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by appaloosa711 on 10/3/2011 5:46:45 PM

MOD!!!
I am 15 and recently I have been hungry all the time (it started a couple days ago.) I have had marching band for about two months, so that has not really changed. Why am I hungrier all of a sudden?

Hey girl, you may be PMSing, but be sure to make sure you're eating enough.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by Bridgge2010 on 10/3/2011 5:30:25 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
I have arthritis in my knees, and whenever I'm on my period they always get so bad and I end up missing school because of it. I'm real embarrased to tell my doctor. What should I do to calm down? Please Help!

Hey babe,

There's no way to get out of this one unless you tell your doc. If he or she makes you  uncomfortable, ask mom or dad to take you to a new one! I just want you to feel better, and the doctor will know the right way to help you.
Devin A.

by nerdisthewurd26 on 10/3/2011 5:06:12 PM

MOD!!!!!
I got an email that my account password had been changed yesterday but I didn't ask for it to be changed!!!!! I just reset my password to the one I had before...... What's going on?
Thanks,
Sunnytwo22

Hey babe!

I'm really sorry, I don't know what's happened. Comment again and let me know if you have further problems. Thanks!
Devin A.

by Sunnytwo22 on 10/3/2011 3:52:12 PM

MOD! MOD! MOD!
I have an hourglass shape but I have no idea how to flaunt it.I typically dress skaterish if you get what I mean.I also wear Aeropostale' shirts.What jeans and shirts can I wear to flaunt my curves.(I have some major hips and tiny waist)

Hey babe!

Here's an article describing the right picks to flaunt an hourglass shape in: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2011/09/02/4-style-secrets-for-hourglass-girls.aspx
Devin A.