15 HOURS AGO #GLQuiz Find out what your go to fall fashion trend is! #GLFashion http://t.co/4LTyVqDpZO

16 HOURS AGO What to expect transitioning from home schooling to public school: http://t.co/VexOwlx570

17 HOURS AGO Exactly what to put in your BTS makeup bag! http://t.co/N6wTjqrhwe

COMMENTS

How to get guy friends

'Cause it's actually fun having a BGF without feelings involved.

That's great to hear. i can use it to make more guy friends....

by Nicole79 on 10/10/2011 12:04:40 PM

I play soccer in the upper league, so therefor the teams are co-ed. There's only a few girls on my team though and the boys pretty much ignore us. They almost refuse to talk to us and sometimes they ignore us even on the field! It's getting awkward and annoying. Any ideas to break the ice and make some fast friends?

Hey girlie,

Two things - first, this isn't great for your team dynamics at all! Could you talk to your coach or advisor about this? You'll never win games in your league if the guys ignore you and, more importantly, don't trust you on the field. They need to know that the rest of their team can be depended on! And it's also kind of a bummer on the social side, too. Try getting together with a group of a few girls and throwing a team mixer. You can make a Facebook event for it and all meet up at a restaurant, bowling alley, someone's house for a barbecue, or something else you enjoy. It's a great way to get to know each other in a fun way, outside of your practices!
Lauren C.

by bkwms1 on 10/9/2011 4:00:17 AM

MOD
SO i dont have a cell phone, and i am 16, i have enough money to buy myself a tracfone and pay for minutes for over 6 years. The thing is, I dont want to ask my parents is i can buy one. So my first question is 1. Do you think i should buy one without my parents knowledge?
2. So the guy I have liked for 2 years is my ex bgf. we were really close but then drifted apart. we still talk at school sometimes, but it isn't what it use to be. Do you think that if i get a phone, we will talk more? Thanks so much

1. No--you don't want to lose their trust by going behind their back

2. There's a possibility, but you can always try and talk to him when you see him

-Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by sgn_dancer on 10/8/2011 12:48:16 PM

Well i like this one guy. he msged me on FB last night and he asked who i like. I avoided the question and asked why? he said his mom asked him who he liked so he was thinking about it. He talks to me sometimes in class and he msgs me often. We also have a lot in common. We went to preschool together, so we've known each other for a while. My friend says he likes me Do you think he does? What should i do if he msgs me again?
Thanks

I can't really say based on what you've told me, but this article can help you figure it out: GirlsLife.com - How to tell if he likes you Smile If he messages you again, talk to him!

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by pottergirl135 on 10/8/2011 9:47:09 AM

Thanks again. I appreciate it.
What should i do if he msgs me again? my friend said that i shud give him my number. should i?

Hey love, whomever you spoke with about this problem is no longer modding at this time--if you'd like you can post this question on their profile or update me on the issue and I can try and help Smile

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by pottergirl135 on 10/8/2011 8:49:51 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
My bf and I were doing great, and he even loved me. Saturday I saw him and everything was fine. Then Wednesday he called me out of the blue, saying "we need a break" that he's "stressed out" and that it "kills him that he can never see me" so we need to "take some time off." It killed me inside & was unexpected. I then found out that he also has feelings for another girl, who has a boyfriend! His best friend says he still loves me and will be coming back, but I just don't know what to do. The day after we broke up he texted me asking "How are you?"... is this just him showing consideration or does he regret breaking up? should i contact him and eventually go back to him? ahh Cry

It sounds like consideration--take some time to yourself so that you don't run the risk of getting hurt and can sort out and acknowledge your feelings

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by bookworm31 on 10/8/2011 1:00:00 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
I find boys scary to talk to. I'm 14 have ok self esteem, pretty (not amazingly so but I'm ok), weird sense of humor, random, slightly immature, and I'm pretty much fine doing anything they want to do (not sexually. I don't want to go very far) but starting a conversation is hard. And it's weird because sometimes I just (for no reason I can understand) know what to say so the person I'm talking to usually likes me then. I can include anyone in a conversation when I'm like that and keep everyone comfortable. Even talking to pretty much strangers. What's up with me? Also I have a high IQ. Would It be hard to date boys not as smart as me? (not trying to sound stuck up)

Hey babe,

It's possible that dating some boys might make you feel too smart - like, if your intelligence levels/thirsts for knowledge don't match up, you might not feel like you have as much in common with him. Just remember not to nix a guy because he isn't SUPER bright, ya know? But it's ok to have standards! And you will find a guy who has similar interests, things in common, and a good head on his shoulders, as long as you look for it Smile As for talking to guys, read this article. It's a sorta different situation (since it's talking about a dinner date), but the concept is the same. Pretend you're confident til you actually genuinely feel confident! Go for it by starting a convo with something simple - "Hey, what's up?" is just fine. And keep your ears open for moments to ask him more questions or offer your own opinions/experiences. That's the way to keep a convo going! As an intelligent person, you might want to prepare so intensely for these convos that you feel totally unprepared without a script. But it's best to just let them go naturally Smile
Lauren C.

by Mikah D. on 10/7/2011 11:29:00 PM

Thanks again Lauren C.! You give the best advice! Smile

I'm so glad to help!!! Have a good night, girl Smile
Lauren C.

by ilovepiano15 on 10/7/2011 11:26:25 PM

@Lauren C. Thanks, I never thought about him just being a unpredictible person.
And also I was wondering, I have never had a boyfriend but a lot of friends do but I've been asked out a few times. And i feel bad because my friends who do have boyfriends and stuff are stick thin and I'm not(can't workout as often as you know (: ) and sometimes I think I'm not pretty enough. Which I shouldn't be doing but I do sometimes do. People tell me I'm pretty and I have a lot of friends and stuff and I love myself but how can i boost my self confidence on days when I just feel horrible?! I'm just being patience and wait for the right guy because I don't want to be the person who have a different boyfriend every month I want a steady boyfriend. How can I look datable to guys at school without look desperate? Thanks so much!

I totally understand! It's weird because we could be totally happy and amazing in all other parts of our lives, but if guys don't seem interested, we immediately beat ourselves up and wonder what we're doing wrong. But the truth is, you're probably totally fine! If people tell you that you're pretty, and you're able to surround yourself with loving friends, and you've got sports/clubs that make you feel totally alive inside when you're taking part, then you've already won. So continue doing what you're doing, building your confidence, and trying to assure yourself that you're happy on your own. When you're happy and satisfied on your own, a guy will come around when you're least expecting it. I promise you - desperate flirting in order to get a BF looks desperate, but being confident, happy, and independent will really catch a guy's attention!
Lauren C.

by ilovepiano15 on 10/7/2011 10:58:42 PM

mod mod mod
I have a crush on a very shy guy. We have a all our classes together and go to church and soccer. But the problem is I barely know him and we hardly ever talk. What can I do to get to know him better.

Hey girl,

Take advantage of those things you have in common! He's very shy, so his shyness might come off as disinterest or rudeness. But really, he might be glad you make the first move! Try using the age old strategy of asking a question: ask him what time practice is on Saturday, or if he does the youth group at your church (and if he'd wanna go together), what pages were assigned reading for homework, etc. It's tough and you'll probably feel nervous/awkward doing it the first few times but, after some time, talking to him will get easier and easier! Give it a try! Smile
Lauren C.