9 HOURS AGO Which season matches your personality? Take the #quiz to see: http://t.co/h9pMpB9Sq8

12 HOURS AGO Snag stellar stylespo from the girls of #Evermoor: http://t.co/5da67UCMiX

13 HOURS AGO Because roasted pumpkin seeds are always on fleek: http://t.co/gbh6WJuZTy

COMMENTS

How to get guy friends

'Cause it's actually fun having a BGF without feelings involved.

oOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH.... the guy in the pic sure caught my eye.

by Danerka on 4/4/2012 9:10:37 PM

i dont have any guy friends well i used to but we kinda drifted apart. now they barly eve talk to me my friends think its wierd if i say one word to a guy in a day cuz i barely talk anymore. i want to talk to them but i always just say the wrong thing. there is only one guy that i talk too and i thought he liked me because he said oh i like this girl then he said that he doesnt and i asked why and he said ... but now it seems like he hates me i just say ask me some thing and he just says NO im pretty sure im bugging him too. i have no idea what i am doing wrong. help me please!!

by candycanes on 3/17/2012 11:37:57 PM

Honestly I think I'd be better of with a guyfriend and yet I go to a girls school :/

by cindy5218 on 10/27/2011 5:29:50 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!
I really like this boy and I'm pretty sure he likes me too. My mom says I'm allowed to date. My mom and dad are divorced so I see him every other weekend. I'm worried about having a BF. I feel like it's going to be insanely awkward to tell my dad because I don't think he wants me to have a BF. I live with my mom so there's really not anything he can do but I'm still worried. Also, I'm afraid that if I get a BF things between my mom and me are going to be weird and uncomfortable. Considering I wont really be 'her baby' anymore (even though I'm almost 14) I just need some advice. should i wait to get a BF? my mom says its good to get a BF around my age cuz then i can see what it's all about and be ready for possibly having a BF in high school. I just don't know what to do. I'm confused.

Hey chica, I think you should only have a bf if YOU are ready. Don't have one just to have one. If your mom says it's ok and you like a boy, then go for it. Things could only be weird between you and your mom if you make it that way. Having a bf doesn't mean you have to act differently. Just take it slow and see if this boy wants to be your bf and take it from there.

Amalia E.

by BalletChic25 on 10/26/2011 8:52:47 AM

Hey!!!! I need help and FAST!!!!! I asked my crush (who I have been crushing on for 7 years) to go to the school dance and I have absolutely no Idea how to dance!!!!!!!! I need a response by this Friday! P.S. I'm 11

by Puppy9503 on 10/23/2011 1:20:32 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I've been going to an all girls school for 2 years now, it's great because I have so many nice friends. (I'm in middle school)There is no drama and everyone is friends. I still keep in touch from people from my old co-ed school and all they talk about is their boyfriends and having their first kiss etc... I'm getting REALLY sad now because I haven't had a relationship and everyone has boyfriends and I really want one. Except... there is nowhere to meet anyone. I get really sad sometimes just listening to my best friend talk about her "great boyfriend". How can I get over this? Thanks!

Dont worry about boys yet hon! I had my first boyfriend in my junior year of high school. You dont need one in middle school. You should be focusing on making friends and doing well in school. You have plenty of time to get a boyfriend. xoxo kerra
Kerra S.

by horsebackrider12 on 10/14/2011 6:47:56 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD URGENT I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GET A RESPONSE FOR THREE DAYS!!! SOMETHING IS WORONG WITH MY POSTING!
hey, I really like m bgf but I'm totally ok with just being friends. He is easy to talk to and I've known him since we were 8 (I'm 13) we used to be next door neighbors but I moved down the street to a bigger house and we kinda lost touch. I text him every once in awhile and see him on the bus. But how do I get back in touch? I'm also thinking of inviting him to go hang out in town (a place where we live with a bunch of shops where everyone hangs out) is it too soon or will he think it's a date? What should I do?
Thanks (I hope this post because my other one didn't)
BHE

Hey babe,

You should definitely ask your BGF to hang out with a group of your friends! Keep it friendly at first, then ask your BGF to hang out alone as you get closer. Good luck! xoxox
Devin A.

by BehindHazelEyes on 10/14/2011 2:43:55 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Thanks (I hope this post because my other one didn't)
BHE

by BehindHazelEyes on 10/12/2011 3:33:11 PM

Mod
So I'm not totally tom-boy, but I hate make-up, refuse to waer a dress, and would rather spend my weekend playing or watching sports than pait my nails. My friend even told me today, "You need some guy friends". The only problem is all the guys at my school suck. The closest I have ever come to having a guy friend is one who was one who was a year older and played sax in band with me, and all we did was talk for a week while being camp counselors. There is one boy my age who might work. He goes to my school and his dad works for my dad. We have company things once a year where we get to hang out, but. . . All I know about him is he has three sisters, he was on the volleyball team, and he's going to the same high school as me. How can I get him to be my friend?

Alyssa B.

by Doodle600 on 10/10/2011 8:29:40 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
How do I start and continue a conversation with guys? also how do I casually give the guy i like (whos really outgoing and rndom) my number without it screaming that i like him. and it can't be because I need help wiht homework cause I have a lot of other friends in that class who are smart. Thank for taking the time to reply!!

Alyssa B.

by clarinetqueen on 10/10/2011 4:28:37 PM

That's great to hear. i can use it to make more guy friends....

by Nicole79 on 10/10/2011 12:04:40 PM

I play soccer in the upper league, so therefor the teams are co-ed. There's only a few girls on my team though and the boys pretty much ignore us. They almost refuse to talk to us and sometimes they ignore us even on the field! It's getting awkward and annoying. Any ideas to break the ice and make some fast friends?

Hey girlie,

Two things - first, this isn't great for your team dynamics at all! Could you talk to your coach or advisor about this? You'll never win games in your league if the guys ignore you and, more importantly, don't trust you on the field. They need to know that the rest of their team can be depended on! And it's also kind of a bummer on the social side, too. Try getting together with a group of a few girls and throwing a team mixer. You can make a Facebook event for it and all meet up at a restaurant, bowling alley, someone's house for a barbecue, or something else you enjoy. It's a great way to get to know each other in a fun way, outside of your practices!
Lauren C.

by bkwms1 on 10/9/2011 4:00:17 AM

MOD
SO i dont have a cell phone, and i am 16, i have enough money to buy myself a tracfone and pay for minutes for over 6 years. The thing is, I dont want to ask my parents is i can buy one. So my first question is 1. Do you think i should buy one without my parents knowledge?
2. So the guy I have liked for 2 years is my ex bgf. we were really close but then drifted apart. we still talk at school sometimes, but it isn't what it use to be. Do you think that if i get a phone, we will talk more? Thanks so much

1. No--you don't want to lose their trust by going behind their back

2. There's a possibility, but you can always try and talk to him when you see him

-Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by sgn_dancer on 10/8/2011 12:48:16 PM

Well i like this one guy. he msged me on FB last night and he asked who i like. I avoided the question and asked why? he said his mom asked him who he liked so he was thinking about it. He talks to me sometimes in class and he msgs me often. We also have a lot in common. We went to preschool together, so we've known each other for a while. My friend says he likes me Do you think he does? What should i do if he msgs me again?
Thanks

I can't really say based on what you've told me, but this article can help you figure it out: GirlsLife.com - How to tell if he likes you Smile If he messages you again, talk to him!

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by pottergirl135 on 10/8/2011 9:47:09 AM

Thanks again. I appreciate it.
What should i do if he msgs me again? my friend said that i shud give him my number. should i?

Hey love, whomever you spoke with about this problem is no longer modding at this time--if you'd like you can post this question on their profile or update me on the issue and I can try and help Smile

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by pottergirl135 on 10/8/2011 8:49:51 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
My bf and I were doing great, and he even loved me. Saturday I saw him and everything was fine. Then Wednesday he called me out of the blue, saying "we need a break" that he's "stressed out" and that it "kills him that he can never see me" so we need to "take some time off." It killed me inside & was unexpected. I then found out that he also has feelings for another girl, who has a boyfriend! His best friend says he still loves me and will be coming back, but I just don't know what to do. The day after we broke up he texted me asking "How are you?"... is this just him showing consideration or does he regret breaking up? should i contact him and eventually go back to him? ahh Cry

It sounds like consideration--take some time to yourself so that you don't run the risk of getting hurt and can sort out and acknowledge your feelings

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by bookworm31 on 10/8/2011 1:00:00 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
I find boys scary to talk to. I'm 14 have ok self esteem, pretty (not amazingly so but I'm ok), weird sense of humor, random, slightly immature, and I'm pretty much fine doing anything they want to do (not sexually. I don't want to go very far) but starting a conversation is hard. And it's weird because sometimes I just (for no reason I can understand) know what to say so the person I'm talking to usually likes me then. I can include anyone in a conversation when I'm like that and keep everyone comfortable. Even talking to pretty much strangers. What's up with me? Also I have a high IQ. Would It be hard to date boys not as smart as me? (not trying to sound stuck up)

Hey babe,

It's possible that dating some boys might make you feel too smart - like, if your intelligence levels/thirsts for knowledge don't match up, you might not feel like you have as much in common with him. Just remember not to nix a guy because he isn't SUPER bright, ya know? But it's ok to have standards! And you will find a guy who has similar interests, things in common, and a good head on his shoulders, as long as you look for it Smile As for talking to guys, read this article. It's a sorta different situation (since it's talking about a dinner date), but the concept is the same. Pretend you're confident til you actually genuinely feel confident! Go for it by starting a convo with something simple - "Hey, what's up?" is just fine. And keep your ears open for moments to ask him more questions or offer your own opinions/experiences. That's the way to keep a convo going! As an intelligent person, you might want to prepare so intensely for these convos that you feel totally unprepared without a script. But it's best to just let them go naturally Smile
Lauren C.

by Mikah D. on 10/7/2011 11:29:00 PM

Thanks again Lauren C.! You give the best advice! Smile

I'm so glad to help!!! Have a good night, girl Smile
Lauren C.

by ilovepiano15 on 10/7/2011 11:26:25 PM

@Lauren C. Thanks, I never thought about him just being a unpredictible person.
And also I was wondering, I have never had a boyfriend but a lot of friends do but I've been asked out a few times. And i feel bad because my friends who do have boyfriends and stuff are stick thin and I'm not(can't workout as often as you know (: ) and sometimes I think I'm not pretty enough. Which I shouldn't be doing but I do sometimes do. People tell me I'm pretty and I have a lot of friends and stuff and I love myself but how can i boost my self confidence on days when I just feel horrible?! I'm just being patience and wait for the right guy because I don't want to be the person who have a different boyfriend every month I want a steady boyfriend. How can I look datable to guys at school without look desperate? Thanks so much!

I totally understand! It's weird because we could be totally happy and amazing in all other parts of our lives, but if guys don't seem interested, we immediately beat ourselves up and wonder what we're doing wrong. But the truth is, you're probably totally fine! If people tell you that you're pretty, and you're able to surround yourself with loving friends, and you've got sports/clubs that make you feel totally alive inside when you're taking part, then you've already won. So continue doing what you're doing, building your confidence, and trying to assure yourself that you're happy on your own. When you're happy and satisfied on your own, a guy will come around when you're least expecting it. I promise you - desperate flirting in order to get a BF looks desperate, but being confident, happy, and independent will really catch a guy's attention!
Lauren C.

by ilovepiano15 on 10/7/2011 10:58:42 PM

mod mod mod
I have a crush on a very shy guy. We have a all our classes together and go to church and soccer. But the problem is I barely know him and we hardly ever talk. What can I do to get to know him better.

Hey girl,

Take advantage of those things you have in common! He's very shy, so his shyness might come off as disinterest or rudeness. But really, he might be glad you make the first move! Try using the age old strategy of asking a question: ask him what time practice is on Saturday, or if he does the youth group at your church (and if he'd wanna go together), what pages were assigned reading for homework, etc. It's tough and you'll probably feel nervous/awkward doing it the first few times but, after some time, talking to him will get easier and easier! Give it a try! Smile
Lauren C.

by 25noodles on 10/7/2011 10:53:05 PM

MOD!
Ok so I have this friend and he's really quiet and rarely ever expresses what he is feeling and I'm not sure but I think he may like me. Whenever I'm standing with a friend he comes up and says hi and then just stands there. And he's always like secretly smiling when I'm around. Also today I put my hand on a table to reach for something and he reached over and put his hand on top of mine and just kept it there but I quickly pulled away. Anyways I don't like him for anything more than a friend but I was just wondering. thx soo much!! Smile You guys are awesome!

Hey babe,

It definitely sounds possible! He goes out of his way to touch you, talk to you, and you make him happy. It's possible that he's just an awkward friend, but it sounds like he might be crushin' Smile
Lauren C.

by theatreluver26 on 10/7/2011 10:48:21 PM

MOD!
There's this guy. I don't like him and he's dating someone already but sometimes he says hi to me and gives me a hug but sometimes he completely ignores me. How can I get him to say hi to me or me say hi to him without looking like a dork when he doesn't respond? Thanks so much!

Hey girlie,

Just be friendly! It's ok to say hello to him and it's silly if he ignores you for no reason. So just be bold: when you see him, say "hey!" loud enough for him to hear, give a lil wave, and continue on your way. All you have to do is reach out to him without being too "desperate"/intense about it. But if he still goes back and forth like this, it's almost not worth trying to make him be consistent. This might just be his personality - a lil unpredictable!
Lauren C.

by ilovepiano15 on 10/7/2011 10:26:42 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
Thanks for answering my first question, but now i have another one.
So i like this other guy and he just FBmsged me. he does that kinda often, nd he talks to me in school and stuff. So he msged me asking who i like? And when i asked why he said his mom asked him who he liked and he was thinking bout it. Does he like me???
Thank you sooo much!

Hey girlie,

Usually when guys ask you who you like, it's either one of their friends or him who likes ya. They rarely just ask outta the blue! So try talking to him a little more, having convos like this one where you talk about personal stuff/crush-related things, flirt, etc. Over time, just like with any guy situation, you'll get to know him and his feelings better!
Lauren C.

by pottergirl135 on 10/7/2011 10:06:32 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
So i told my friend, Kaitlyn, that i like this guy, Barstow. Then she accidentally told him that i like him. I'm not mad about that, but when she told him, apparently all he said was 'oh ok'. He doesnt act any different to me. Its not like i was good friends with him before, but i talked to him occasionally. He treats me the same. Also, he told this other boy, Quirin, that i like him. Do you think he likes me? I'm really confused.
Thanks! Smile

Hey girlie,

It's hard to tell just based on this if he really likes ya back or not. It's great that nothing changed between you though! Just based on what you told me, it sounds like he's a laid back kinda guy who sees you as a friend and isn't bothered by the fact that you have feelings for him. But to know whether he's crushin' too, you'll have to try a little harder. Talk to him a little more (not obsessively, but just gradually start talking more and more), flirt, and see if he's interested or if he tries to "get away." Then you'll have a better idea Smile
Lauren C.

by pottergirl135 on 10/7/2011 9:23:02 PM

Hey girls!
If you need advice on ANYTHING I'm here for you! I'll answer any questions fast and as helpful as I can be Smile I've been through a lot so maybe I"ll be able to relate!
Just post the questions you have on my advice queen page or my profile and I"ll post them back on your profile! I'll reply as soon as I can! And I check everyday so it will be fast(:
Don't be afraid to ask about any problem you've got about anything! I'm here to help!

by rellim on 10/7/2011 6:59:26 PM

Mod Mod Mod!
My friend told me that one of the guys in my class was going out with a girl, but he didn't really like her and was going to break up with her for me. (I'm not friends with his gf, but she makes bad choices:/) She said that he wasn't going to break up with her unless I said "yes" to going out with him so he doesn't have to face the word "No." He's super sweet and nice, and idk why he even went out with her in the first place...I kind of like him and we do have some stuff in common and were friends...I said yes...was that a bad decision? My parents would never allow dating..I'm planning on keeping this a secret...HELP please! thanks

Well maybe you two can talk and get to know each other for now. Give it a chance and see what happens. As for the dating thing, you might not be able to go on solo dates. Maybe only group dates. Good luck! xoxo kerra
Kerra S.

by SummerButterflies on 10/7/2011 6:53:44 PM

I have a guy friend and i like him and he likes me and whenever I hang out with him and his friends, his friends always say stuff like "So when are you guys going to make out?" or "You guys are destined to be married". Whenever they say something like that it makes me feel a little uncomfortable and I think it makes him uncomfortable too just by the look of his face. Should I stay away from him and his friends so they would stop? What should I do?

Maybe next time they say something ask them to stop. It may not work. But its worth a try. Also just try to ignore it, because im sure you want to hang out with your crush. It may be annoying, but if you ignore them eventually theyll stop. xoxo kerra
Kerra S.

by paulene809025 on 10/7/2011 6:39:53 PM

ok...i really like this guy but him and my friend like each other.....no one really likes me... but i really like him!!!!!!!!! what shuld i do??????sos!!!!

by allys_pig on 10/7/2011 6:33:59 PM

Hey girlies visit my blog. Give me your opinion!!!

by BritterBug76 on 10/7/2011 5:54:26 PM

MODMODMOD!!!!!
I like one of my BGFs, and some of my BFFs and a couple close guy friends like he likes me. He flirts with me all the time and always sits with me. At the football game, he hugged me for at least 3mins. He knows I like him, but do you think he could like me? We sit in almost every class together, so we talk a lot.

I think he might. Keep flirting and see if it goes somewhere! xoxo kerra
Kerra S.

by Soccagurl on 10/7/2011 5:32:34 PM

MOD MOD MOD Okay so today this guy was on my team in gym. I was standing waiting to run for the flag and he was walking past looking ahead and totally brushed against me. I can't for sure say it was on purpose, but it seemed like it. My friend and I were talking by the flag guarding it a few minutes before gym let out and he just sat down right by us, just like that. What does this mean?

Thats a bit curious but i wouldnt look into it too much. Those are very small little occurances. Good luck! xoxo kerra
Kerra S.

by pandagirl12 on 10/7/2011 5:19:23 PM

MODMODMODMODMOD!!!!
Hey, I think this one guy likes me, but I don't like him back. He has recently been talking to me alot, and called me "Mastermind" and has been showing me a bunch of ideas for a writing contest that we're both entering. He was in my class last year, and sometimes I was pretty rude to him because he is somewhat of a know-it-all, and is kinda annoying sometimes, but he's just trying to be nice. So like, 2 Qs. 1.Does he like me? And
2. I want him as a friend though, so if he does like me, how can I still be friendly with him without making him think that I like him? Thanks!

Hey girl!

Though every guy acts a little differently, there's definitely a chance that he's into you - he's giving you a nickname and showing you his personal writing! And if you don't feel that way, the best thing to do make it clear to him you don't like him by not flirting with him. If he asks you out, tell him you think you work better as friends. Good luck! xoxox
Devin A.

by uni301 on 10/7/2011 4:49:57 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Alright, so I've got this problem... I'm almost sixteen, and my boyfriend is almost nineteen. It's a long distance relationship (I live in northeastern US, he lives in Southern US), and I don't know what to do. I love him more than anything, I really think he's my soulmate, but we can never talk. I went almost three months without hearing from him because he's been busy with college and filming a small movie. I love him more than anything, but it hurts when I go so long without talking to him. What should I do? Should I stay with him because I love him or should I break up with him because he's older than me and we can never talk... HELP!

Hey babe,

If your boyfriend doesn't make an effort to talk to you while he's at college and filming this movie, then you should break up with him. Even though I'm busy with work at GL and I'm in college, I still make an effort to talk to my BFFs back home! You deserve to be with someone who will want to talk to you every day, so break up with him and find someone who can give you that. xoxox
Devin A.

by deathwolf13 on 10/7/2011 4:39:21 PM

Hey girls! If you love Cody Simpson, Greyson Chance or Demi Lovato comment on my profile! I'd love to talk! Or if you just need advice!

by EgirlH.97 on 10/7/2011 4:06:21 PM

cool Laughing

by kakes6416 on 10/7/2011 3:27:23 PM

Guy friends are great Laughing i have a bunch. My tip to make them? just be yourself! Don't try to act girly or cute....just be you!

by horsie9000 on 10/7/2011 2:54:32 PM

I have sooo many guy friends! They are so awesome! No drama and they're so funny.

by thecupcakequeen on 10/7/2011 1:51:05 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
I was wondering, what are some ways to make new friends outside of school? Because right now many of my besties moved and I have very few friends. I am a very outgoing and confident person and I love to smile and laugh and I am genuinly kind but I don't get how I can not make friends. None of my besties are in my class and I mostly sit alone and I walk to school alone. So, I decided to look at it another way, maybe if I made some friends outside of school, I can have some girls to hang out with but it's impossible! I tried volunteering but positions are full and I am thinking of going to the YMCA, any other ways to make friends. And I sometimes have people to talk to, but I am very boring, I don't know what to say and I am scared of saying something stupid or not being confident enough, it gets really akward. HELP!

Hey girl!

I'm sorry you're stuck in this sitch. One thing to do is start participating in an out of school activity - whether that's recreational sports, horseback riding, taking an art class, whatever. And you're not boring - whatever is normal for you is interesting to new people! Don't be scared of saying something stupid - if you do, make a joke about it, laugh, and move on. People will love that. Good luck! xoxox
Devin A.

by lemontwist213 on 10/7/2011 11:30:51 AM

Hey if anyone does gymnastics i just made a club. You can talk about what your exercises your doing, if you have a show or competition tell us! talk to other gymnasts and get great advice. If you need help or tips ask and me or someone else will help. hope u will joinSmile

by swimmerchic96 on 10/7/2011 11:19:37 AM