13 HOURS AGO Make sure your first school dance is a night to remember!: http://t.co/cpIIIDwyjP

15 HOURS AGO Got a bad case of dance fever? Here's all the homecoming advice you need: http://t.co/f1AVsQG1cd

15 HOURS AGO Get up & be active with your BFF this fall w/ these fab and festive fall activities!: http://t.co/sIdZZkduFe

COMMENTS

Throw the sweetest party of the season

Celebrate with a trip back to Candy Land…

MOD MOD MOD! HELP! My thirteenth birthday party is in a month and i need help! I was thinking about doing a candy themed party at my house but i want it to be special and really fun! After all it is my thirteenth birthday! I want it to not be too kiddish but it cant cost a lot of money. Any ideas on places to go? Games? Invitations?

Hey girl, I think candy themed would be just fine! Why not try doing a tournament where candy is the prize for winning each game? The winner with the most candy gets a special prize. You could play board games and end the night with a fun movie!

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by ilovepiano on 9/24/2012 7:08:07 PM

i'm having my 13th birthday in 2 months, my mom and I decided that a "nightclub" party would be cool, so I was wondering if you could give me any tips? Especially on what to wear.
Please and thanks!

Hey girl,

Are you going to a "nightclub-like" place or are you having it at home? If you're having it at home, try dimming the lights to set the mood, then stocking up on glow in the dark decor at your local party store. Neon bracelets, necklaces, etc. will be super cool party favors. Make a playlist of fun songs to dance to (pop, hip hop, club, rap) and get dressed totally glam: a sparkly or brightly colored cocktail dress, a sleek high ponytail, and major smokey eye makeup will seal the deal. Sounds way fun - have a great birthday!! <3
Lauren C.

by lemonade.mouth.luver on 12/30/2011 10:24:02 PM

hey! im super excited !! im turning 13 next week ( woop woop) and my party is next saturday. im having a dinner party at a semi- fancy restarunt. ive already sent out invites and they look amazing! i have a special. im telling the 10 girls to get dropped off at a parking lot at a nearby pool. and there ( drumroll please ) we will get into a hummer limo and will be drivin to the restarunt!! i suggested that idea to my parents as a little joke but they actually made it a reality! my friends dont know about the limo. cant wait to see their faces when it arrives! wish yall the best and hope your partys turn out great!

by Lizzy7897 on 12/10/2011 7:53:19 PM

MOD MOD MOD! I recently turned 11 (on Thanksgiving) and I was in Colorado so I couldn't have a party then. Now I'm back and I have planned a party: only eight people (I'm only 11, keep in mind) With four guys and four girls. I planned it all the way down to what music we're listening to!! My mom thinks I shouldn't have a party but it's just a little get to together. I wanna have it on the third but I haven't even called people yet!! I need some advice on how to go about organizing it better and what else to do at a party? (games, movies, etc) Please answer before the third.

Hey Doll,

First, check out our post on throwing the best holiday bash. Then, slow down! The third is in three days, and if you haven't even called people yet, you don't know for sure if they can come. Sure, get togethers are fun, but if half the people can't show up, your party mood might be down. Try planning it for the next weekend, or the one after that. Hey, you can always make it a birthday/holiday party! The best thing to do is pick a theme for your party, and stick to it. Think about what you love and incorporate that into your party. Twister is always a fun party game, so, for example, you could turn your party into a retro/mod theme. As long as you have food, games (there are tons of games at stores, from board games to interactive ones), and a movie for when the night winds down, you shouldn't have a problem entertaining your guests. And since you already have the music planned out, it sounds like you're on the right track!
Rachel N.

by angelicjade on 11/30/2011 11:33:22 AM

MOD MOD MOD!
I'm turning 13 in a few weeks and i need to send the invitations out in a few days but I don't know what to do! I want to invite around 25 girls and guys total. Nothing at my house. Nothing sporty and it's cold out so nothing outside. We might try to do midnight bowling where it's glow in the dark but it expensive for that many people. Any other ideas? Snacks? Music? Games? How to not make it awkward? Make sure it's not boring and everybody has fun? Please answer soon! Thanks so much! <3
~Amanda

Lynae P.

by ilovepiano15 on 11/16/2011 8:51:51 PM

MOD MOD MOD I hope I did that right this is the first time I've ever done the "MOD MOD MOD" thing. Anyways, so i turned 15 a couple of months ago, and i'm starting to think about sweet sixteen party ideas. My mother thinks i should have something semi-expensive with a couple of friends, but i'm think of just renting an semi-inexpensive resturant space that happens to be in my town (my friend had her Bat Mizvah there, and she told me the price) with a buncha friends. I have a feeling that will be more expensive than her idea. I am completely willing to pay for a big chunk of it (I have almost a year to save up.) I'm just nervous about my mother saying no to no to my plan. We don't have a lot of money right now, and i don't want to make her feel bad that she can't give me a big party. How do i stop being nervous to talk to her?

Hey chica, well you do have a lot of time until your 16th birthday. You can start saving up now for your bday. And just suggest it to her girl. She'll probably like the idea. Do you have any family members you could ask to pitch in? Smile Smile

Lynae P.

by floweroni on 10/26/2011 8:25:40 PM

Hey girlies! Do you love songwriting? Would you like a chance to hang out with other songwriters? Well, Now's you chance! Join my club Sassy Songwriters<3 and have a great time with other girls! Receive advice, tips, or just come to have a great time! All positions open!Smile Thx in advance!
XoXo,
*MusicGirl16*

by *MusicGirl16* on 10/13/2011 9:20:55 PM

There's this guy at my school that my friends think likes me, but I think he's just friendly because he's new. He's in my World History AP class and just randomly talks to me. It's really flattering Smile But my friends think he likes me because "if he didn't he wouldn't randomly come and talk to you when he doesn't even sit near you!"
So I'm confused... Tong
Thanks! Laughing

Hey girl!

Since this dude is making an effort to talk to you from across the room, I'd say he must like you! See if he wants to hang out soon. Good luck Smile
Devin A.

by BaByGiRlIlLa on 10/10/2011 3:09:05 PM

Hey girls!

Need advice? Well, I can help you!
I can help give you advice on just about anything!

Also, please join my group "Amazing_Quotes", I'm trying to reach my goal of 100 members!
So, please help me reach my goal!

by facebooker1240 on 10/8/2011 7:10:06 PM

Mod mod mod There's this girl at school I don't really like her but I talk to her she's having a bday party and invited a bunch of my friends but not me and they keep talking about how can I get them to stop. Also what's some good home make bday presents?

Hey chica, walk away from them when they're talking about it. Or try changing the subject. You could make jewelery, a purse from jeans, customize a picture frame or friend coupons. You can make friend coupons from construction paper and cut them into squares. Let each coupon be redeemable for something. One could be money, a hug, to borrow something from you, etc. Hope this helps!!! Smile Smile

Lynae P.