8 HOURS AGO Wanna see what the stars have in store for your future? http://t.co/t6rGzm22ZX

11 HOURS AGO Our secret for beating bestie battles: http://t.co/VHvHgYJ4lj

12 HOURS AGO 20 ultra-easy fashion DIYs: http://t.co/sqS2OUFOue

COMMENTS

Discharge: What's the right color?

I'm curious about what's normal and what's not...

ok so this afternoon my underwear smell like period and my color was brownish. does this mean my period is coming? Im 13 and my last period was when i was 11.

by lovergirl1296 on 6/11/2012 11:38:06 PM

modmodmod!!
kay so my discharge is yellow and smells bad but i dont want to go to the doc cause i dont want them to look down there even if the docs a girl but i also want to make sure i dont have an infection!! so i was wonderin that if u have to look down there in order for them to know or is it just a blood test? and should i go to the doc? pls and thnks!

Hey girlie,

They probably will have to look down there - which is WAY easier than a blood test. If you're concerned about it, you should definitely go to the doctor. That way, you can make sure you're healthy and put your mind at ease. Discharge can turn yellow in your undies after a while, but if your discharge is coming out yellow/greenish and smells fishy (not just the normal odor), it's WAY better to take a deep breath and get it checked out by a doctor, even if it makes you nervous. They've seen it all so they won't be embarrassed - and you'll get peace of mind!
Lauren C.

by windheart13 on 6/3/2012 2:06:12 AM

Hey Hockeygal5, I'm not sure if there's anything you can do to reduce it. I would ask your doctor or your mom to help you find something. There may be some medicine you can take. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Mod Mod Mod
I get a lot of discharge. Its so bad that i have to change my undies twice a day is there anyway to get rid of discharge? Lynae P.

by Hockeygal5 on 6/2/2012 9:57:40 AM

MODMODMODMODMODMODMODMODMOD
hi its me again, i told my mom she said it wasnt it because it was very very light but i got the same thing a day or two ago and it was smaller. is it my period??? because i heard it can be very light for some girls. PLEASE HELP ME AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
also i didnt tell her the first day it happend.

Helen S.

by WhiteStripe3 on 5/25/2012 6:22:55 PM

MODMODMODMODMODMODMOD
HELP!!!! so ive never had my period but i just looked in my underwear and there was this lightish red medium sized stain!!!!!! PLEASE HELP ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PS what does your period look like???

hey! Yous should find your mom or nearest trusted adult and ask for their help. If you're alone and you know where you mom keeps her pads/ tampons go put on one or the other. It's gonna be ok, just change it every 6-8 hours. Don't worry about comparing periods they're all slightly different, and pretty personal. good luck!

Helen S.

by WhiteStripe3 on 5/25/2012 4:58:07 PM

by neonbuddha on 5/21/2012 3:23:07 PM

MOD MOD MOd
The rough spot is on the pants itself. Thanks for the response.

Hey Girl!

That might be dried discharge. Either way, you can ask your doc about it when you see her to talk about your discharge!

Marisa D.

by neonbuddha on 5/21/2012 3:14:52 PM

Every time I take off my underwear, I notice this yellow color on the bottom area. I think it might be discharge. The area is always wet too. Also, when I take off my pants, between the legs, near the vagina area, there always this rough spot. How can I fix these 2 problems

Hey Girl!

Girls usually start noticing some discharge in their underwear a few months before they get their period. Usually it's a white/clear color and can be felt when you're walking around. Yellow discharge could be you have a yeast infection, so you should definitely make an appointment with your doc (with a little medicine yeast infections go right away).  Hmm..I'm not sure what you mean by rough area. Could it be dry skin? Try putting cortaid on it. When you see your doc you can ask about that, too.

Marisa D.

by neonbuddha on 5/21/2012 3:06:08 PM

PLEASE HELP!i noticed that i have been getting like yellow discharge. i think i have an infection. i pee myself when i laugh with my friends. its really embarrassing! and i dont have a mom so i cant ask my dad... please help!!!! Smile

by gymnastjill on 5/8/2012 5:20:00 PM

So I have noticed that there has been a really thick discharge and it doesn't smell but it looks like glue... Is this normal

Hey girlie,

Totally normal! Discharge varies in "flow" just like periods, so sometimes you won't even feel it while other times it'll feel thicker. As long as it doesn't smell fishy, it doesn't itch down there, and the discharge isn't clumpy like cottage cheese, you're completely fine Smile
Lauren C.