16 HOURS AGO How to rock runway hair IRL—see how this amazing teen athlete did it! http://t.co/mPo0TquIk9 #GLBeauty

17 HOURS AGO Sporty style goes chic! Tell us your fave outfit to win!: @OfficialNFLShop http://t.co/sJQuKtqiBw

18 HOURS AGO Does playing hard to get really work out? We have the scoop: http://t.co/aDqcgy19Dr

COMMENTS

Discharge: What's the right color?

I'm curious about what's normal and what's not...

Okay, so i have had discharge for about a year now. It is fine and i dont have any probs except i don't know when my period is coming!!! How long after u get discharge does ur period usually start? Also, I had some cramps last night but nothing came. It has been like that for a while! i will be sitting down and then i get cramps but nothing comes! I am also getting little red spots in my undies.
HeLP!!
XOXO

Hey girlie,

You're totally normal! You're right in that range when most girls get their periods for the first time - usually about 6 months to a year after they start discharge. But it's impossible to guarantee exactly when you'll get your period for the first time! Even doctors can't tell you a specific day/month. You gotta pay attention to the signs and read up on periods so you're prepared when it gets here. It's tough because cramps also feel like bowel cramps (aka what you feel when you have to use the bathroom sometimes, or when you're feeling gassy), so those might not have been a sign like you thought. But those little red spots... when you wipe, is there red? Are they just cuts from shaving down there or are they coming from inside? Spotting is a total sign that your period is close... so keep an eye on it!
Lauren C.

by clairebear694 on 1/15/2012 9:20:58 AM

MODMODMODMOD!!!1
please help! I been having discharge for over a year now and all my undies are running out! Im really afraid to tell my mom about it and to ask to buy my more undies. i cant find any pads around the house and if i ask her to go buy some she'll totally find out! please help!

Hey girly,

You really need to tell your mom about what's going on. Don't worry, all of these things are completely normal and every girl has had to deal with them, even your mom. Just be brave and tell her that you need undies and pads. She'll understand and there is nothing to be embarrassed about.

Catie C.

by charlie__6 on 1/10/2012 3:03:10 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
How long do you get discharge before you first period!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cause i've had it for about four months(i started in October) and i'm just kinda nervous. my docter said that i should have my period before i'm 12 at my last yearly checkup, and i'm 11 + 3 and a bit months. iI'm Nervous!!!!!!!!
I've made a kit but i'm not sure that i'll always be able to get to it all the time!
HELP!!!!!!!!!
(thanks in advance)
P.S.
My b-day is in September

Theres nothing to be nervous about! Youll do great. Also theres no way to guess when youll get your period so as long as youre ready youll be fine. Good luck hon!

Kerra S.

by Pinkcupcakekitties on 1/3/2012 8:32:32 PM

hi i read a book called the period book and it said that yellow discharge is normal im kinda scared cause i have yellow discharge and i really want to know if its normal or not

please help!

12/30/2011 12:21

by talliyah on 12/30/2011 11:22:14 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD! I have had discharge for like the past 3 years (And no period) and it is usually really heavy is it a bad thing for this to be going on this long?

Hey girl,

You're probably okay, but only a professional can answer that question, so see a doc to be sure!

Meghan D.

by shimmerfly99 on 12/24/2011 9:07:13 AM

MODMODMOD but I don't have my period yet, its just usually white discharge but now its brownish Frown

Hey girl,

You're probably fine, but if you're worried, your best bet is to see a doc just to be sure.

Meghan D.

by hobo23 on 12/21/2011 3:54:28 PM

MODMODMOD
my discharge for like the past 3 days has been brownish..D: what is going on?

Hey girl,

If it's brown, it could be dried blood, so make sure you're changing your pads and tampons regularly! If it's different from normal, though, you should talk to mom or a doc to be sure.

Meghan D.

by hobo23 on 12/19/2011 3:27:32 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!
For about the past year, i have been noticing discharge in my underwear when i go to the bathroom... I asked friends about it and they all say they get it before their period comes, and it smells. but i havent even started my period yet... What gives?

Lynae P.

by LindseyTGirl98 on 11/30/2011 6:03:53 PM

I haven't had my first period yet. I have had mood swings lately and more discharge. My hair is greasy. Is this a sign that I could have my period soon?

Hey Girl,

Though I'm not sure if greasy hair means anything about your period, discharge and mood swings are definite signs that your period is on its way. There's no way to tell exactly when it will come, but I would say in the near future!
Rachel N.

by anniboo01 on 11/30/2011 8:43:22 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD! My discharge has a smell too it! I keep it clean down there and it doesnt itch or burn it has a normal color and theres no swelling and has a normal texture and it doesnt smell through jeans but when i wear sweatpants i can smell it! I havent told my mom yet because i dont want to see a doctor because last time i had a physical it was a man! The smell has stayed for a long time and im just really confused! Oh and i havent had my period yet. Help!!! Frown

Hey missy, you can try getting Always wipes. They have small wipes, made for down there that help keep you smelling and feeling fresh. If it doesn't I would tell your mom butask for a woman. Hope this helps! Smile Smile

Lynae P.