12 HOURS AGO RT @NiallsBlueEyes9: Thank you @girlslifemag I got my book :) YAY! :) pic.twitter.com/2Yrh9pCq98

12 HOURS AGO How do you feel about smoking? Sound off on the survey: http://t.co/DYrp6lJmWF

15 HOURS AGO 20 ways to flirt with your crush: http://t.co/M6GN4Lfh2r

COMMENTS

Discharge: What's the right color?

I'm curious about what's normal and what's not...

ok this year i moved to fl and im in 5th grade my bgf sam is turning into my crush my friend aljeana knows and she told him also my bff katelyn likes him to idk wat to do so he will like me plzz help

Lynae P.

by nina20017 on 11/16/2011 8:20:19 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
I've been having a LOT of discharge lately. Like I had to change underwear 4 times in a day because of how much discharge there is. Then Whenever I wipe the tp is covered in discharge. I know I don't have a yeast or bladder infection cuz I've gotten both before and know what they feel like but this doesn't hurt at all. Is this normal? What do I do?

Hey girl,

It's totally normal! Discharge is kinda like a period, because it varies from heavy to light to nonexistent sometimes...and we really have no idea why. So sometimes it'll be super heavy (and WAY annoying!), but other days you'll totally forget about it. I know it's frustrating and gross, but try not to worry! <3
Lauren C.

by laxchickie19 on 11/6/2011 11:49:59 AM

Can i do anything that would delay my period from coming? IDK if im delaying it when something accidently happens, I dont have my period yet but im worried because i have discharge and... I really want to know if i could accidently delay my period, and should i be worried?? HELP!

Hey girlie,

The only thing that could seriously impact your period's arrival is extreme weight loss (or unnaturally low body weight), extreme stress, or extreme lack of sleep. But I doubt any of these things are keeping your period away - it's just tough to be patient sometimes while you're waiting for it! Smile Try to calm down and just go with the flow (no pun intended)... your period will come when it's ready. You have plenty of time to get it before it should become a concern!
Lauren C.

by aclova2 on 11/6/2011 9:43:54 AM

MOD! MOD! MOD!
should i date my crush.. i think he has a crush on me and i have a crush on him.... though my mom wont let me date.... evn though i have dated be4 (without telling her)..... idk wht 2 do.!.!.!.!.!.!.!.!. Cry i REALLY like him.... he is almost totally my type!! Foot its just my mom.... should i date him and keep it a secret, or should i ask him out and ask my mom if i can date him becuz he asked me out (which he didnt. evn though i dont want 2 betray her....... :"(

Hey girlie,

While your mom isn't on board with the idea of dating, you should use this time to get to know him better as friends! Talk to him in class, chat online, and you could even hang out in a group (or alone with him) as friends. That way, it's not a date, but you're still getting more comfy with him and growing closer as friends! And you can prove to mom that he's respectful, knows you well, treats you well, and really likes you before you try to get her to support you dating! You'll also prove you're mature and can be friends with a guy before you take to the next level - so you prove you don't take things too fast Smile
Lauren C.

by dallys on 10/21/2011 11:24:18 PM

MOD! MOD! MOD!
wht is discharge? i'm 12 and i still don't know.... and i'm 2 embarrest 2 ask my mom.... Foot and how will i tell if i have it??? Frown plus if i have discharge does tht mean i am going 2 have my period? Frown

Hey chica,

Read this article for all the deets on discharge and to help you figure out what your bod is going through right now Smile  (And this one will help you figure out what it should look like when you do have it.) Doctors say that discharge starts about 6 months to a year before a girl's first period, but that's not a guarantee that it will definitely start then. You just gotta be prepared and try to relax until your actual period decides to come Smile

And don't be embarrassed to ask your mom though!! Remember - even though it feels a little awkward to bring up with your mom, he's a girl and she went through this too when she was younger! She has a lot of valuable information and advice for you, so totally take advantage of it Smile
Lauren C.

by dallys on 10/21/2011 11:17:10 PM

MOD MOD MOD! I just saw that there was little drops of blood on my pad i have been leading up to this day but ever since i changed it a hour ago nothing has happend is this discharge? I'm not the person who knows.

Hey lovely,

Don't worry - our periods vary in flow so even in one hour, it could be heavy, and the next it could seem like it's not even there anymore! Since you saw the blood though, stick with the pantyliner/pad for at least 6 hours afterwards. If you still don't see any blood on the pad or when you wipe, you might be safe. But always be prepared with a pad just in case!
Lauren C.

by vintagestyle on 10/20/2011 11:52:47 PM

This is extremely strange. My discharge is white and I don't think discharge could stain any of my clothes. But when I went to the bathroom and looked at my purple undies that I was wearing, my undies had turned light blue. Is that wrong?

by SweetElite21 on 10/20/2011 5:01:39 PM

I'm happy mine is off-white Laughing

by AdeleMakesUsShine on 10/19/2011 2:16:32 PM

MOD...Please?
I'm going through a 'joyful' stage with below the equator. It smells weird and, yes, discharge is coming out. I'm embarrassed because it's called my family's 'curse ' where all the girls hit puberty early. I started wearing a bra in third grade. I'm in fifth now and I have to hide my panties when I go to a friend's house because of this discharge. What can I do?

Hey girly, discharge is normal. All women (or most) have it before and after their period. Be sure to wear pantiliners in your underwear so that it does not ruin them. Pantiliners are very thin pads, you can hardly feel them. Change them every couple of hours or so.

Amalia E.

by angelicjade on 10/19/2011 10:23:20 AM

I'm just wondering, but is it normal to skip a period when i have discharge? because this month I did.

by songbird1297 on 10/15/2011 2:44:06 PM