2 HOURS AGO #DailyGiveaway! 5 trailblazers take to the woods with @KAVUDAY's Cedar Skirt: http://t.co/Nv23TqeUX7

3 HOURS AGO 19+ stellar polishes to primp in: http://t.co/hHcERJybSS

15 HOURS AGO Hey fit chicks, say hello to your new favorite workout: http://t.co/GZ50ygVlNX

COMMENTS

Discharge: What's the right color?

I'm curious about what's normal and what's not...

MOD MOD MOD MOD
sometimes my downstairs gets really smelly were i can smell it when im sitting in class. is there any way to make my u know what smell fresher?

Hey girlie,

Try feminine wipes, like Summers Eve or Playtex Sport brand. They're wipes that you can hide discreetly in your backpack or purse, then use in the bathroom "down there" to freshen up!
Lauren C.

by smartcandy112 on 10/13/2011 6:58:18 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I Have a bump on the inside of my thigh that is around the "down there" area.. Its pretty big, like the size of a dollar coin, and sore, Its just on my leg so it cant be anything serious... Right?? Do you have any idea what it could be??

Hey girlie,

It could be an ingrown hair that has gotten irritated or a mosquito/spider bite. If it sticks around for a couple days without getting smaller/less painful or sore, definitely ask mom or dad (or a school nurse, etc.) about it. It's probably nothing, but it's always better to make sure with a professional if it lasts a while Smile

Lauren C.

by chicken-girl on 10/13/2011 5:47:44 PM

If you use a lubricant like KY Jelly to help with making the tampons go in easier can that affect the color and thickness of discharge that doenst go into the tampon? It seems the texture is also different at times, I am wondering if using too much lubricant may have something to do with that.

by luckykel on 10/10/2011 11:08:31 PM

i have this,well let's just call it a substance, down there and its like an off colored white and its not wet its kinda dry, could this be discharge?
Thanks!

Hey girl, sounds like it! It's totally normal too!

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by italdancer9 on 10/10/2011 4:42:25 PM

This is probably kind of a strange question, but my period is regular already. This is only my fourth time having it, and every time, I've gotten it on the second week of the month, around Sunday. Is that normal? Also, I barely have any PMS, I only cramp a little, is that normal?

Hey girly, yes this is normal. Every girl has a different menstruation cycle. The fact that you don't have PMS is a good thing! Consult with your doctor if you have more questions.

Amalia E.

by bookworm37 on 10/10/2011 10:03:58 AM

MOD
The inner lips down there hang down below the outer ones. Is this normal? I've had my period for over a year, does it have to do with me perid?

Hey babe,

That has nothing to do with your period - just with the way your bod is made! And it's totally normal. We all have the same general appearance "down there," but the length of the lips/colors/certain shapes vary from girl to girl. It's all safe, healthy, and normal, so don't sweat Smile
Lauren C.

by ColosalMascara on 10/9/2011 11:21:43 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Do all girls get discharge? My doctor said I would get my period this year but I haven't had any! And my friend has had her period for 2 years and has never had any.

Hey girlie,

All girls will have discharge now and then. It's rare, but I'm sure some girls/women don't experience it at all, but most of the time girls will have it sometimes, then not have it, then have it light, then have it heavy, etc. It varies! But both are normal Smile Just be patient! You might not get any before your first period, though it's possible to have it for 1-2 years before you see your first period. It's hard to tell for sure, unfortunately!
Lauren C.

by tswiftie4eva on 10/8/2011 11:57:57 PM

MOD
when i feel the front part of down there(where all the hair is) it is REALLY sensitive. when i touch just the front of it or if a hair gets tugged it hurts. i use a body wash that i dab on my hand and sort of clean the hair there, should i switch soap or not use it at all?

Hey girlie,

Definitely don't stop using soap! You have to clean down there to avoid irritation, yeast infections, and smelly situations. You could try switching soaps, but I'm guessing that this discomfort is more from the hair or the fact that your period could be on its way (sensitivity to your breasts/skin is one of the common results of that). Something that could help is trimming the hair down there to make it shorter and easier to manage. If it still bothers you after this and a change of soap, try asking your doc if he/she has any ideas Smile
Lauren C.

by FairyKari on 10/8/2011 10:31:34 PM

My discharge is sort of weird. Some days it will be slick, and some days it will have like one big clump in it. It sort of smells, but not like a fishy smell. Is that bad? Also, I've been having discharge for a really long time now. Is that abnormal?
Thanks!

Hey girlie,

Nope, this is all totally normal!! Discharge varies in "flow" - and no one knows exactly why one day will be heavier or clumpier than the next. It also lasts on-and-off for your whole life, so it's not weird that it's lasted for a long time. As long as it doesn't have a fishy smell or have a weird color to it (like light green or dark yellow), you're fine!! Smile
Lauren C.

by Breezy28 on 10/8/2011 10:28:22 PM

My discharge is so annoying! Its so goopy so I have to wear a pantyliner which is also annoying why cant I just get my period so I can wear a tampon?

by Lexiperson17 on 10/8/2011 9:28:17 PM