1 HOURS AGO What would you do if your mom blogged all of your private (& majorly embarrassing) moments for the world to see? http://t.co/CFJM3Sv1B4

2 HOURS AGO #DudesDecoded—What "going out" reallllly means: http://t.co/82lzQAmYHK

3 HOURS AGO Hey craft-inista! DIY your own coconut scrub: http://t.co/3U1lijdXGz

COMMENTS

Discharge: What's the right color?

I'm curious about what's normal and what's not...

MOD MOD MOD!!!

I was wondering how much discharge is normal. Beacause everytimei use the washroom there's a lot in my undies ad it's like this everytime I use the washroom?

Hey chica- Unless it's a funky color or has a very unpleasant smell, don't worry too much about it! xoxo

Kate G.

by ccmarie123 on 8/16/2013 2:03:49 AM

MOD MOD MOD!!!! is brown discharge normal? (I never had my period) plz answer me

Hey girlie! It's completely normal! You may be about to get your period, or your body is just changing and that's what's different. xoxo

Kate G.

by Alexa:) on 8/1/2013 2:56:32 PM

MOD!MOD!MOD! my discharge is brown(started Monday). what is it. is it dried blood? (no its not poop)

Hey chicky! Discharge and your period can be anything from red to brown, so it's completely normal! Hope this helps! xoxo

Kate G.

by Alexa:) on 8/1/2013 2:44:51 PM

Okay so I have a lot of discharge and everyday I have to wear a panty liner because its so heavy. And when my period is comming up it gets even heavier. This has been going on for a while, and it's really annoying to deal with.

by thatFreak on 5/30/2013 9:03:13 PM

ok so i have been having a lot of discharge lately L;IKE ALOOOT but i havent been thinking of 'naughty' things or anything?whats happening!?!?!?

Hey girlie, discharge isn't always related to sexual things. It's a natural part of puberty. If it's making you uncomfortable, wear a pantyliner to help stay dry.

Lauren T.

by kaitgrable on 4/29/2013 8:56:44 PM

mod mod mod
my down there hurts .. does that mean that my period is coming

Hey girl, if you're getting cramps there's a good chance that your period is coming.  If it doesn't come and you're still hurting, let your mom know or talk to a nurse, doctor, or an adult you trust.  Good luck!

Karin E.

by chacha_mochacha12 on 4/15/2013 4:45:03 PM

My discharge is not coming out and its happening for been a while whats wrong

Helen S.

by MTC 415 on 3/21/2013 7:49:05 PM

My discharge isn't coming out whats wrong

Hey MTC 415, mhmm. How long has this been going on? Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by MTC 415 on 3/15/2013 8:55:40 PM

When it comes to discharge, how much is normal when we think about being romantic with a guy or when we think and see sexy things like a really hot guy? It doesnt happen immediately but I can sense it down there after thinking about certain things for a while. I know its my bodies response but how much is normal during those times? I am not saying I dont like it but I wish it wouldnt happen as much as it does.

by fashionqn on 2/27/2013 10:58:35 PM

MOD MOD MOD,
i havent had my period but i have really BAD cramps alot, is this normal??

Heygirlie,

It might just be growing pains but if they are really bad I would talk to a doc to be safe!

Meghan D.

by Abril on 2/25/2013 5:14:53 PM

I got my first period New Years eve. now almost a month has passed and I haven't gotten it again. Whats the deal here?? Please answer.

Hey girlie,

It is normal to be irregular at first, so I wouldn't worry! If you want to be super sure, though, you can talk to your mom or your doc!

Meghan D.

by kenbon on 2/9/2013 9:12:35 PM

Uh oh Mine is yellow O_O

by YouCanCallMeCat on 2/3/2013 7:22:21 PM

by rockchik333 on 2/2/2013 6:19:50 PM

by rockchik333 on 2/2/2013 6:19:27 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
I started my period on Decemeber 7th and I didn't get it last month. Is there something wrong?

Hey girl, I don't believe so. Your body is just trying to regulate when you get your period. If it makes you uncomfy talk to your gynecologist.

lauren r.

by KatnissGirlonFire on 2/2/2013 12:04:34 PM

Heyy Girlies, Please check out my club; "It's all about Fashion and Beauty!!"! If you go to my profile you can find it there and join(: We post daily and answer all questions!!! Topics we talk about:Clothes,Make-up,Nails,Hair,Skin-Care♥

by nazirah817 on 2/2/2013 10:54:34 AM

by funnybunny661 on 2/2/2013 10:33:21 AM

when my get my peroid I get so grumpy and angry is this normal? like I cant stand talking to anyone and I get really senstive like if somone says something the wrong way I start to cry my sister is so annoying sometimes she will say something and keep picking on me she doesint now when to stop though it bugs me so when she does it she just picks at me I cant stand it shes very overly opinonited

Hey girlie,

It's normal to have your emotions be stronger on your period, so maybe you could ask your sis to be a little more sensitive to you that time of the month. If her teasing is still a problem, you can always talk to your parents!

Meghan D.

by redvelvetluv on 2/1/2013 10:36:46 PM

Mod mod mod
For the past week and a half, ive been having these anxiety dreams when i sleep. I haven't really gotten a solid night of sleep and I'm waking up really anxious and on edge. Nothing major or anything at all in my life has changed and i can't under stand why this is happening. Some nights are worse then others and i will be up repeatedly throughout the night. I exersise and eat right and schools fine along with my friends and family. Do you know anytging that might be causing these dreams do i can finally get a good nights sleep? It would be really appreciative!

Hey girlie,

I would talk to your parents or a guidance counselor or doctor to determine what might be causing them, because I'm really not an expert on this! They will be able to help you out Smile

Meghan D.

by iheartu? on 2/1/2013 6:42:24 PM

I get off white discharge before I get my peroid is that normal?

Yes it's very normal to get white discharge at any time!
mailyse f.

by redvelvetluv on 2/1/2013 3:10:52 PM

modmodmod
I've had discharge for about 1year now and it went away 1 time and then i came back.and is wrong to have discharge at 10. please help. thank you

Hey girl,

No, that's perfectly normal! But it never hurts to talk to a doc to be sure Smile

Meghan D.

by iluvkp on 9/1/2012 11:52:09 PM

modmodmod
I've had discharge for about 8 months now and sometimes there's a lot and it sticky and super uncomfotable but sometimes there's almost none. I haven't gotten my period yet but will my discharge be heavier (as in will there be more that usual) as my first period nears?

Hey girl, usually your discharge is a li'l heavier right before your period, and you might notice it changing to more of a pinkish color as your period comes on. But it should only be like that for a couple of days - there won't be a super long buildup to your period or anything.
Carrie R.

by cookiemonstah123 on 8/14/2012 2:23:49 AM

For a while my discharge was green with some GREY in it! But I started to shower more often because I got my first period. Once i started to shower more often, my discharge turned white! So you should check in with your doc to see if u have an infection. If not, u probably have to just shower more often Smile

by pokemonchic on 8/3/2012 11:19:36 PM

I don't think I know what discharge is, but I think I had it once? What is it??

by Littlepuppygirl on 8/2/2012 4:27:47 PM

I think I have white discharge, but sometimes it's chunky or gooey, and I think it's sometimes yellow. Should I see a doctor?

Hey girl,

If it's consistently yellow, you may have to speak to a doctor. If not, you sound perfectly normal. Either way, you can bring it up at your next doctor's appointment to get your doctor's advice and ease your mind.

good luck!
simone s.

by cheetah#1 on 7/31/2012 4:33:57 PM

I'm 11 and I really want to have sex ,but I really want to see how it feels like. Could I have sex at my age. If my mom thinks I can't even have a boyfriend. That's all i want to do is to have sex. I'm sexless. help

Hey girl!  You are very young and sex and relationships are pretty far away for you.  There is no need to be thinking about sex right now, but I can understand your curiosity.  11 is the perfect age to be making stronger relationships with friends and family members.  Sex is a very important decision to be made only when you are ready, and 11 is way too young.  Spend time with friends and family and you'll get some close relationships Smile xxoo
Maggie P.

by Selassie on 7/19/2012 3:29:44 AM

MOD MOD MOD Plz answer ok so I just turned 11 and Ive had my discharge for 10 months I'm very moody I get cramps and I get. A lot of discharge And it feels wet down there when I get it do u think my period is coming plzzzzzzzz. Answer

Hey girl, those all sound like the signs of a period. If they've been going on for a while in the same way, though, your period might not be coming right away. If you're worried, try putting in a small pad for few days, and then if your period hasn't appeared, you don't have to worry about for a while still.
Carrie R.

by nina20017 on 7/16/2012 1:13:41 AM

my discharge, it hink is like a brownish color im ALWAYS itchy down there and yes i do have hair there too. i told my doctor and she didnt say anything is that bad or should i try looking for a new doctor?????....HELP!!!!

by tianaxbiddy on 7/8/2012 7:25:08 PM

1. Say your name 10 times.
2. Say your mom's name 5 times.
3. Say your crush's name 3 times.

by chloe4137 on 6/20/2012 1:14:00 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!! PLEASE READ & HELP!!!!!
I have a white-ish discharge that I've been getting for about 7 or 9 months. I've been getting cramps and I have pubic hair down there,(for about 4 years now). I've been kinda moody lately. I turned 12 April 3rd. Are these signs of me getting my period? PLEASE HELP! Also, my friends tried this pressure point by the ankle and if you press it for a few seconds every minute, you get your period. They tried it and it worked. I want to know where the pressure point is so maybe I can try it. Help! Lizzie

Hey babe,

I've never heard of this pressure point, I don't think that's accurate.  It's likely the girls were already on their period when they did it.

But, there's no way to force your period.  Your first one will come when it comes, and there's no problem with that.  None of those are an exact indicator of your flow coming soon, since you can experience cramps and mood swings without being on your period.  All you can do is wait.  Sorry I couldn't tell you what you wanted to hear!
Jordan S.

by neonroxursox on 6/12/2012 12:48:31 AM

ok so this afternoon my underwear smell like period and my color was brownish. does this mean my period is coming? Im 13 and my last period was when i was 11.

by lovergirl1296 on 6/11/2012 11:38:06 PM

modmodmod!!
kay so my discharge is yellow and smells bad but i dont want to go to the doc cause i dont want them to look down there even if the docs a girl but i also want to make sure i dont have an infection!! so i was wonderin that if u have to look down there in order for them to know or is it just a blood test? and should i go to the doc? pls and thnks!

Hey girlie,

They probably will have to look down there - which is WAY easier than a blood test. If you're concerned about it, you should definitely go to the doctor. That way, you can make sure you're healthy and put your mind at ease. Discharge can turn yellow in your undies after a while, but if your discharge is coming out yellow/greenish and smells fishy (not just the normal odor), it's WAY better to take a deep breath and get it checked out by a doctor, even if it makes you nervous. They've seen it all so they won't be embarrassed - and you'll get peace of mind!

by windheart13 on 6/3/2012 2:06:12 AM

Hey Hockeygal5, I'm not sure if there's anything you can do to reduce it. I would ask your doctor or your mom to help you find something. There may be some medicine you can take. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Mod Mod Mod
I get a lot of discharge. Its so bad that i have to change my undies twice a day is there anyway to get rid of discharge? Lynae P.

by Hockeygal5 on 6/2/2012 9:57:40 AM

MODMODMODMODMODMODMODMODMOD
hi its me again, i told my mom she said it wasnt it because it was very very light but i got the same thing a day or two ago and it was smaller. is it my period??? because i heard it can be very light for some girls. PLEASE HELP ME AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
also i didnt tell her the first day it happend.

Helen S.

by WhiteStripe3 on 5/25/2012 6:22:55 PM

MODMODMODMODMODMODMOD
HELP!!!! so ive never had my period but i just looked in my underwear and there was this lightish red medium sized stain!!!!!! PLEASE HELP ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PS what does your period look like???

hey! Yous should find your mom or nearest trusted adult and ask for their help. If you're alone and you know where you mom keeps her pads/ tampons go put on one or the other. It's gonna be ok, just change it every 6-8 hours. Don't worry about comparing periods they're all slightly different, and pretty personal. good luck!

Helen S.

by WhiteStripe3 on 5/25/2012 4:58:07 PM

by neonbuddha on 5/21/2012 3:23:07 PM

MOD MOD MOd
The rough spot is on the pants itself. Thanks for the response.

Hey Girl!

That might be dried discharge. Either way, you can ask your doc about it when you see her to talk about your discharge!

Marisa D.

by neonbuddha on 5/21/2012 3:14:52 PM

Every time I take off my underwear, I notice this yellow color on the bottom area. I think it might be discharge. The area is always wet too. Also, when I take off my pants, between the legs, near the vagina area, there always this rough spot. How can I fix these 2 problems

Hey Girl!

Girls usually start noticing some discharge in their underwear a few months before they get their period. Usually it's a white/clear color and can be felt when you're walking around. Yellow discharge could be you have a yeast infection, so you should definitely make an appointment with your doc (with a little medicine yeast infections go right away).  Hmm..I'm not sure what you mean by rough area. Could it be dry skin? Try putting cortaid on it. When you see your doc you can ask about that, too.

Marisa D.

by neonbuddha on 5/21/2012 3:06:08 PM

PLEASE HELP!i noticed that i have been getting like yellow discharge. i think i have an infection. i pee myself when i laugh with my friends. its really embarrassing! and i dont have a mom so i cant ask my dad... please help!!!! Smile

by gymnastjill on 5/8/2012 5:20:00 PM

So I have noticed that there has been a really thick discharge and it doesn't smell but it looks like glue... Is this normal

Hey girlie,

Totally normal! Discharge varies in "flow" just like periods, so sometimes you won't even feel it while other times it'll feel thicker. As long as it doesn't smell fishy, it doesn't itch down there, and the discharge isn't clumpy like cottage cheese, you're completely fine Smile

by Roxizzy on 4/1/2012 1:32:57 AM

*IF U R A TWEEN OR KID THIS IS A CLUB 4 U !!!!!!!!!!*
I WILL ANSWER UR QUESTIONS OF GROWING UP OR ANYTHING ELSE FOR THE BEST PADS/pantiliners TO BRAS. Or boys!!!!!
The club is called:Growing up (for any age for tween's and kids Smile

by doglover463 on 3/12/2012 7:13:58 PM

swerias, The best way to find "that hole" is just to use a mirror. Its not a big deal we all have one and look about the same down there. Just do it in private with the door locked, and get in the right position to see what you need to see. Its kind of good to know what we have and what it looks like.

by luckykel on 2/24/2012 2:09:09 PM

Mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod!!!!
Help so I'm twelve and I weigh over __ pounds and like I'm starting to get really liquidy blood down there but the color isn't like normal blood color it is like soy sauce but a little more red and I don't know what it is and I haven't gotten my peirod I don't think so is it just that or do I need to see a doctor because I'll change underware and then 10 minuets later it happended!!!!! Please help!!!!

Hey girl,

This sounds like your first period! Try putting on a regular sized pad and seeing what happens over the next few days. Period aren't always bright red and can be all different types of "flow" - heavy, light, thin, clumpy. And as for colors, dark red, brown, pink, bright red...they're all normal depending on the day/how heavy your flow is. <3

by Earthygirl on 2/23/2012 11:00:47 PM

Is discharge a sign that you are going to have your period? Because I started getting white/clear discharge, haven't had my period yet, and am at the age (about) that my mom got her's

by carlypurple on 2/21/2012 11:51:00 PM

mod is brown discharge normal?????????????

Totally normal! Usually, brown discharge happens in the days leading up to your period - or the days after it. It's sort of "left over" from your actual period and it's nothing to be scared of! <3

by cherice2733 on 2/16/2012 6:49:32 PM

How do i find "that" hole?

by swearias on 2/10/2012 3:58:43 PM

What age should you start haveing dicharge cause im 10 and i dont know if i had and havent seen it yet im not sure PLEASE HELP!!!!!

by niahayes0324 on 1/25/2012 5:39:08 PM

Hey girl, check out this
page and see if it helps:

We have everything you need
to know about all things period!
, Your Blog Patrol Babes
Amanda P.

by annah1998 on 1/23/2012 1:24:54 PM

Hi! I have been seeing this yellowish - brownish discharge in my underwear.I've been seeing it for about 2 years now.Is this normal?? PLEASE HELP!!!

by volleyballgirl1618 on 1/16/2012 4:32:14 PM

__________QUESTION OF THE DAY! __________Tampons or Pads? Why? Answer on my profile!!!

by melaniegrace<3 on 1/15/2012 6:10:28 PM

Okay, so i have had discharge for about a year now. It is fine and i dont have any probs except i don't know when my period is coming!!! How long after u get discharge does ur period usually start? Also, I had some cramps last night but nothing came. It has been like that for a while! i will be sitting down and then i get cramps but nothing comes! I am also getting little red spots in my undies.
HeLP!!
XOXO

Hey girlie,

You're totally normal! You're right in that range when most girls get their periods for the first time - usually about 6 months to a year after they start discharge. But it's impossible to guarantee exactly when you'll get your period for the first time! Even doctors can't tell you a specific day/month. You gotta pay attention to the signs and read up on periods so you're prepared when it gets here. It's tough because cramps also feel like bowel cramps (aka what you feel when you have to use the bathroom sometimes, or when you're feeling gassy), so those might not have been a sign like you thought. But those little red spots... when you wipe, is there red? Are they just cuts from shaving down there or are they coming from inside? Spotting is a total sign that your period is close... so keep an eye on it!

by clairebear694 on 1/15/2012 9:20:58 AM

MODMODMODMOD!!!1
please help! I been having discharge for over a year now and all my undies are running out! Im really afraid to tell my mom about it and to ask to buy my more undies. i cant find any pads around the house and if i ask her to go buy some she'll totally find out! please help!

Hey girly,

You really need to tell your mom about what's going on. Don't worry, all of these things are completely normal and every girl has had to deal with them, even your mom. Just be brave and tell her that you need undies and pads. She'll understand and there is nothing to be embarrassed about.

Catie C.

by charlie__6 on 1/10/2012 3:03:10 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
How long do you get discharge before you first period!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cause i've had it for about four months(i started in October) and i'm just kinda nervous. my docter said that i should have my period before i'm 12 at my last yearly checkup, and i'm 11 + 3 and a bit months. iI'm Nervous!!!!!!!!
I've made a kit but i'm not sure that i'll always be able to get to it all the time!
HELP!!!!!!!!!
(thanks in advance)
P.S.
My b-day is in September

Theres nothing to be nervous about! Youll do great. Also theres no way to guess when youll get your period so as long as youre ready youll be fine. Good luck hon!

Kerra S.

by Pinkcupcakekitties on 1/3/2012 8:32:32 PM

hi i read a book called the period book and it said that yellow discharge is normal im kinda scared cause i have yellow discharge and i really want to know if its normal or not

please help!

12/30/2011 12:21

by talliyah on 12/30/2011 11:22:14 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD! I have had discharge for like the past 3 years (And no period) and it is usually really heavy is it a bad thing for this to be going on this long?

Hey girl,

You're probably okay, but only a professional can answer that question, so see a doc to be sure!

Meghan D.

by shimmerfly99 on 12/24/2011 9:07:13 AM

MODMODMOD but I don't have my period yet, its just usually white discharge but now its brownish Frown

Hey girl,

You're probably fine, but if you're worried, your best bet is to see a doc just to be sure.

Meghan D.

by hobo23 on 12/21/2011 3:54:28 PM

MODMODMOD
my discharge for like the past 3 days has been brownish..D: what is going on?

Hey girl,

If it's brown, it could be dried blood, so make sure you're changing your pads and tampons regularly! If it's different from normal, though, you should talk to mom or a doc to be sure.

Meghan D.

by hobo23 on 12/19/2011 3:27:32 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!
For about the past year, i have been noticing discharge in my underwear when i go to the bathroom... I asked friends about it and they all say they get it before their period comes, and it smells. but i havent even started my period yet... What gives?

Lynae P.

by LindseyTGirl98 on 11/30/2011 6:03:53 PM

I haven't had my first period yet. I have had mood swings lately and more discharge. My hair is greasy. Is this a sign that I could have my period soon?

Hey Girl,

Though I'm not sure if greasy hair means anything about your period, discharge and mood swings are definite signs that your period is on its way. There's no way to tell exactly when it will come, but I would say in the near future!
Rachel N.

by anniboo01 on 11/30/2011 8:43:22 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD! My discharge has a smell too it! I keep it clean down there and it doesnt itch or burn it has a normal color and theres no swelling and has a normal texture and it doesnt smell through jeans but when i wear sweatpants i can smell it! I havent told my mom yet because i dont want to see a doctor because last time i had a physical it was a man! The smell has stayed for a long time and im just really confused! Oh and i havent had my period yet. Help!!! Frown

Hey missy, you can try getting Always wipes. They have small wipes, made for down there that help keep you smelling and feeling fresh. If it doesn't I would tell your mom butask for a woman. Hope this helps! Smile Smile

Lynae P.

by SunsetMelon44 on 11/19/2011 6:39:18 PM

ok this year i moved to fl and im in 5th grade my bgf sam is turning into my crush my friend aljeana knows and she told him also my bff katelyn likes him to idk wat to do so he will like me plzz help

Lynae P.

by nina20017 on 11/16/2011 8:20:19 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
I've been having a LOT of discharge lately. Like I had to change underwear 4 times in a day because of how much discharge there is. Then Whenever I wipe the tp is covered in discharge. I know I don't have a yeast or bladder infection cuz I've gotten both before and know what they feel like but this doesn't hurt at all. Is this normal? What do I do?

Hey girl,

It's totally normal! Discharge is kinda like a period, because it varies from heavy to light to nonexistent sometimes...and we really have no idea why. So sometimes it'll be super heavy (and WAY annoying!), but other days you'll totally forget about it. I know it's frustrating and gross, but try not to worry! <3

by laxchickie19 on 11/6/2011 11:49:59 AM

Can i do anything that would delay my period from coming? IDK if im delaying it when something accidently happens, I dont have my period yet but im worried because i have discharge and... I really want to know if i could accidently delay my period, and should i be worried?? HELP!

Hey girlie,

The only thing that could seriously impact your period's arrival is extreme weight loss (or unnaturally low body weight), extreme stress, or extreme lack of sleep. But I doubt any of these things are keeping your period away - it's just tough to be patient sometimes while you're waiting for it! Smile Try to calm down and just go with the flow (no pun intended)... your period will come when it's ready. You have plenty of time to get it before it should become a concern!

by aclova2 on 11/6/2011 9:43:54 AM

MOD! MOD! MOD!
should i date my crush.. i think he has a crush on me and i have a crush on him.... though my mom wont let me date.... evn though i have dated be4 (without telling her)..... idk wht 2 do.!.!.!.!.!.!.!.!. Cry i REALLY like him.... he is almost totally my type!! Foot its just my mom.... should i date him and keep it a secret, or should i ask him out and ask my mom if i can date him becuz he asked me out (which he didnt. evn though i dont want 2 betray her....... :"(

Hey girlie,

While your mom isn't on board with the idea of dating, you should use this time to get to know him better as friends! Talk to him in class, chat online, and you could even hang out in a group (or alone with him) as friends. That way, it's not a date, but you're still getting more comfy with him and growing closer as friends! And you can prove to mom that he's respectful, knows you well, treats you well, and really likes you before you try to get her to support you dating! You'll also prove you're mature and can be friends with a guy before you take to the next level - so you prove you don't take things too fast Smile

by dallys on 10/21/2011 11:24:18 PM

MOD! MOD! MOD!
wht is discharge? i'm 12 and i still don't know.... and i'm 2 embarrest 2 ask my mom.... Foot and how will i tell if i have it??? Frown plus if i have discharge does tht mean i am going 2 have my period? Frown

Hey chica,

Read this article for all the deets on discharge and to help you figure out what your bod is going through right now Smile  (And this one will help you figure out what it should look like when you do have it.) Doctors say that discharge starts about 6 months to a year before a girl's first period, but that's not a guarantee that it will definitely start then. You just gotta be prepared and try to relax until your actual period decides to come Smile

And don't be embarrassed to ask your mom though!! Remember - even though it feels a little awkward to bring up with your mom, he's a girl and she went through this too when she was younger! She has a lot of valuable information and advice for you, so totally take advantage of it Smile

by dallys on 10/21/2011 11:17:10 PM

MOD MOD MOD! I just saw that there was little drops of blood on my pad i have been leading up to this day but ever since i changed it a hour ago nothing has happend is this discharge? I'm not the person who knows.

Hey lovely,

Don't worry - our periods vary in flow so even in one hour, it could be heavy, and the next it could seem like it's not even there anymore! Since you saw the blood though, stick with the pantyliner/pad for at least 6 hours afterwards. If you still don't see any blood on the pad or when you wipe, you might be safe. But always be prepared with a pad just in case!

by vintagestyle on 10/20/2011 11:52:47 PM

This is extremely strange. My discharge is white and I don't think discharge could stain any of my clothes. But when I went to the bathroom and looked at my purple undies that I was wearing, my undies had turned light blue. Is that wrong?

by SweetElite21 on 10/20/2011 5:01:39 PM

I'm happy mine is off-white Laughing

by AdeleMakesUsShine on 10/19/2011 2:16:32 PM

MOD...Please?
I'm going through a 'joyful' stage with below the equator. It smells weird and, yes, discharge is coming out. I'm embarrassed because it's called my family's 'curse ' where all the girls hit puberty early. I started wearing a bra in third grade. I'm in fifth now and I have to hide my panties when I go to a friend's house because of this discharge. What can I do?

Hey girly, discharge is normal. All women (or most) have it before and after their period. Be sure to wear pantiliners in your underwear so that it does not ruin them. Pantiliners are very thin pads, you can hardly feel them. Change them every couple of hours or so.

Amalia E.

by angelicjade on 10/19/2011 10:23:20 AM

I'm just wondering, but is it normal to skip a period when i have discharge? because this month I did.

by songbird1297 on 10/15/2011 2:44:06 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
sometimes my downstairs gets really smelly were i can smell it when im sitting in class. is there any way to make my u know what smell fresher?

Hey girlie,

Try feminine wipes, like Summers Eve or Playtex Sport brand. They're wipes that you can hide discreetly in your backpack or purse, then use in the bathroom "down there" to freshen up!

by smartcandy112 on 10/13/2011 6:58:18 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I Have a bump on the inside of my thigh that is around the "down there" area.. Its pretty big, like the size of a dollar coin, and sore, Its just on my leg so it cant be anything serious... Right?? Do you have any idea what it could be??

Hey girlie,

It could be an ingrown hair that has gotten irritated or a mosquito/spider bite. If it sticks around for a couple days without getting smaller/less painful or sore, definitely ask mom or dad (or a school nurse, etc.) about it. It's probably nothing, but it's always better to make sure with a professional if it lasts a while Smile

by chicken-girl on 10/13/2011 5:47:44 PM

If you use a lubricant like KY Jelly to help with making the tampons go in easier can that affect the color and thickness of discharge that doenst go into the tampon? It seems the texture is also different at times, I am wondering if using too much lubricant may have something to do with that.

by luckykel on 10/10/2011 11:08:31 PM

i have this,well let's just call it a substance, down there and its like an off colored white and its not wet its kinda dry, could this be discharge?
Thanks!

Hey girl, sounds like it! It's totally normal too!

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by italdancer9 on 10/10/2011 4:42:25 PM

This is probably kind of a strange question, but my period is regular already. This is only my fourth time having it, and every time, I've gotten it on the second week of the month, around Sunday. Is that normal? Also, I barely have any PMS, I only cramp a little, is that normal?

Hey girly, yes this is normal. Every girl has a different menstruation cycle. The fact that you don't have PMS is a good thing! Consult with your doctor if you have more questions.

Amalia E.

by bookworm37 on 10/10/2011 10:03:58 AM

MOD
The inner lips down there hang down below the outer ones. Is this normal? I've had my period for over a year, does it have to do with me perid?

Hey babe,

That has nothing to do with your period - just with the way your bod is made! And it's totally normal. We all have the same general appearance "down there," but the length of the lips/colors/certain shapes vary from girl to girl. It's all safe, healthy, and normal, so don't sweat Smile

by ColosalMascara on 10/9/2011 11:21:43 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Do all girls get discharge? My doctor said I would get my period this year but I haven't had any! And my friend has had her period for 2 years and has never had any.

Hey girlie,

All girls will have discharge now and then. It's rare, but I'm sure some girls/women don't experience it at all, but most of the time girls will have it sometimes, then not have it, then have it light, then have it heavy, etc. It varies! But both are normal Smile Just be patient! You might not get any before your first period, though it's possible to have it for 1-2 years before you see your first period. It's hard to tell for sure, unfortunately!

by tswiftie4eva on 10/8/2011 11:57:57 PM

MOD
when i feel the front part of down there(where all the hair is) it is REALLY sensitive. when i touch just the front of it or if a hair gets tugged it hurts. i use a body wash that i dab on my hand and sort of clean the hair there, should i switch soap or not use it at all?

Hey girlie,

Definitely don't stop using soap! You have to clean down there to avoid irritation, yeast infections, and smelly situations. You could try switching soaps, but I'm guessing that this discomfort is more from the hair or the fact that your period could be on its way (sensitivity to your breasts/skin is one of the common results of that). Something that could help is trimming the hair down there to make it shorter and easier to manage. If it still bothers you after this and a change of soap, try asking your doc if he/she has any ideas Smile

by FairyKari on 10/8/2011 10:31:34 PM

My discharge is sort of weird. Some days it will be slick, and some days it will have like one big clump in it. It sort of smells, but not like a fishy smell. Is that bad? Also, I've been having discharge for a really long time now. Is that abnormal?
Thanks!

Hey girlie,

Nope, this is all totally normal!! Discharge varies in "flow" - and no one knows exactly why one day will be heavier or clumpier than the next. It also lasts on-and-off for your whole life, so it's not weird that it's lasted for a long time. As long as it doesn't have a fishy smell or have a weird color to it (like light green or dark yellow), you're fine!! Smile

by Breezy28 on 10/8/2011 10:28:22 PM

My discharge is so annoying! Its so goopy so I have to wear a pantyliner which is also annoying why cant I just get my period so I can wear a tampon?

by Lexiperson17 on 10/8/2011 9:28:17 PM

mod, i am very sorry for asking like 1 million questions,but my discharge stinks and i never ask for a pantyliner so i stays in and turns yellow eventually and stinks.is that bad?thanks-J - rock

Hey girly, discharge does have an odor but it shouldn't be that strong. I would try switching soap. As females, our bods can be sensitive to certain types of body wash, so get some that's just for sensitive skin or doesn't have a strong fragrance. I would also wear a pantyliner. Always has some cleaning wipes, so get them so you can stay fresh throughout the day. Hope this helps!! Smile Smile

Lynae P.

by divachick422 on 10/8/2011 8:15:43 PM

Hey girls!

Need advice? Well, I can help you!
I can help give you advice on just about anything!

Also, please join my group "Amazing_Quotes", I'm trying to reach my goal of 100 members!
So, please help me reach my goal!

by facebooker1240 on 10/8/2011 7:09:05 PM

Hey Girls need advice??? Come on over to my club It's a Girl's Thing!!!! We answer questions that have to do with... ~Boys
~School
~Family
~Fashion
~Friends
~The tough things (bullying, pregnant, addictions, abuse, dealing with changes, sexuality)
~Puberty (periods, hormones, experimentation)
~Self Esteem
~Babysitting
I hope to hear from you soon!!!! <3 Jamie

by proarchergal42 on 10/8/2011 4:57:24 PM

singstarsammy: brown could be your period, chef it out

by georgetownroad on 10/8/2011 2:41:45 PM

MOD! MOD! MOD! I play volleyball and have to wear short spandex shorts. My discharge is so heavy it goes through my underwear and wets my spandex! What do I do?

Wear a pantyliner

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by gg12345 on 10/8/2011 12:20:20 PM

Mine is kinda tan sometimes, but I think its because it dried because I also get clear discharge Brittany G.

by starkidette on 10/8/2011 10:41:54 AM

mod mod mod mod mod mod
Okay so this girl who is my friend in eigth grade said that this guy likes me and I like him to but he just saw me play basketball and said that I'm hot and really good at basketball so he is on a football team my dad coaches and my 8th grade friend said he is afraid to ask me out because of my dad I really like him though and want to like get him to like me what should I do?btw he is in 8th grade and I am in 7th

Instead of waiting for him, make the first move--try talking to him Smile

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by erinh11099 on 10/8/2011 9:55:13 AM

Umm,what about brown, is tht normal???

by singstarsammy on 10/8/2011 9:49:18 AM