Bridget M.

is modding

20 MINUTES AGO 3 ways to look adorably preppy this holiday: http://t.co/urNiJo8PPo

3 HOURS AGO 6 new Christmas music videos we can't stop watching: http://t.co/N2g6v5Tq9l

4 HOURS AGO Deck your nails! Christmas mani inspo: http://t.co/1YDVUPbPoR

COMMENTS

In the News: Get more sleep to drop pounds...

Extra zzz's could mean less pounds.

MOD MOD MOD!!!
Okay, so I've decided to start a workout routine! Smile I already dance for about 5-6hrs a week and excersise two hrs a week in P.E. class. Since it's fall and the weather is beautiful, I'm thinking everyday after school before doing my homework I'll either run, bike ride, or walk. I'm trying to tone my abs and get a flat stomach before April(I'm going on a trip to the Grand Canyon and we're swimming!!), so is there anything else I should do to help tone my abs fast? Will crunches, pushups, situps,jumping jacks and yoga/stretching help? Thank you so much!! Laughing

by danceaddict411 on 11/5/2011 2:32:10 PM

Besides getting enough sleep, kids all over America need to eat healthier and exercise more. Kids 8-16 should exercise 30-60 minutes at day, and you should only get 2 hours of TV. Think about the last bag of Cheetos you ate--pure unhealthiness. I just don't like the way junk food tastes--it makes you feel lazy and it makes my stomach hurt. And when it comes to fat--its all part of growing up. Or sometimes it can be family genes. My friend is super skinny because her family has always been that way. She could eat cheesecake all day and not gain an ounce. Of course, she doesn't do that because she also ops for healthy foods.

by awesomegirl4everandalways on 10/25/2011 3:17:53 PM

MOD I am around 10 lbs over weight. (besides eating healthier which I'm going to start doing) are there any exercises that will help cut down on excess fat?

Hey chicky, try jogging, jumping jacks, and sit ups. Smile Smile

Lynae P.

by orangeache on 10/19/2011 8:51:37 PM

i feel like i am overwight because every body calls me fat at school and [..] is this bad??

As long as your doctor deems you healthy, those other people can get a clue Smile

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by cloie61 on 10/18/2011 10:58:17 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
I don't know if I'm overweight. It's not about body image, it's just that I've noticed that I gained some weight recently. I'm 5 ft 2 in (five feet two inches) and i weigh 116 (one hundred sixteen) pounds. Am I overweight? I'm 12 (twelve), by the way.

Hey chica! You could be gaining weight for a variety of reasons. When it comes to your weight and being healthy, you should def talk to your doctor. He/she will be able to tell you exactly how much you should weigh at your age and height and also provide you a diet to follow.

Amalia E.

by bizzlebabe on 10/17/2011 7:52:38 AM

Is it normal for a 12 year old to weigh .... pounds? Everyone in my class (the girls) range aroung ... lbs. But i look really skinny. And also, i have a little teeney bit of belly chub but i have great abs! How is this possible?

Hey girl,

You can't compare yourself to the other girls! Everyone's body is different - especially during this stage in your life, when you're all growing and maturing at different speeds. That "belly chub" is something that will shift and change as you get older. The most important thing is that you eat healthy and stay active a little every day! If you're really concerned about the numbers, don't ask us - ask your doc, who is a professional and can really tell you if your weight is "normal."
Lauren C.

by Pinklife on 10/14/2011 11:58:37 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
I kind of have some belly fat. Not a lot just a little and I want to get rid of it. Im only 12 and im not sure if i should worry about my weight at this age. My mom commented on how I lost weight even though I haven't been working out, I think it might be because im getting taller. So how can i get rid of my belly fat? Or if i shouldn't be worrying about it now just tell me.

I dont think you should worry about it. Stay active and eat right and youll be perfectly fine. Youre still growing. xoxo kerra
Kerra S.

by iluvcupcakes8 on 10/14/2011 6:23:19 PM

Lauren C.!!!! Thanks so much for all your help! I'll start using your homework tips tomorrow. Laughing

You're welcome!! Good luck, good luck!
Lauren C.

by averagegirl289 on 10/13/2011 10:01:22 PM

Mod Mod Mod!!!
I try to get to sleep, but with school, I wake up 6:40 and I'm up till 11 with homework and getting ready for bed. How can I get enough sleep when my school is assigning this much homework??? Frown

Hey girlie,

I hear ya - I was the same way! But you really have to prioritize what is important to finish, what needs lots of time and careful focus, and what can be done quickly/without too much concern.  It's not that you should rush through certain things, but there are some assignments that can be skimmed or quickly done so you have more time for other things. You should also make sure you work a little on big assignments (projects, papers) every day so you don't have a HUGE to-do list the night before it's due. It's tough but, with time, you'll get better at managing your time so you can still get to bed and get plenty of rest! Keep trying!
Lauren C.

by averagegirl289 on 10/13/2011 6:56:56 PM

Mod Mod Mod!!
I have to find a problem and solution article for school, do you happen to have any on the site? Please dont make it guys, my bod, or anything like that, because there are only 2 girls in my class (including me) Thanks!Laughing

Hey girl,

Try our Dear Carol family section and search through those to find one that'd be appropriate for your class Smile

Lauren C.