16 MINUTES AGO Should you dump your boyfriend just because he's boring? http://t.co/hZf8pQ8zn5

38 MINUTES AGO #ootd: Punky band tee + plenty of patterns + boots by @IHeartUGG. Rock on. #outfitinspo #iheartugg #fashionfriday pic.twitter.com/oIbikgArbY

AN HOUR AGO The beautiful @bellathorne is taking over our Twitter for a Q&A today! Join us with #GLbella at 3pm EST ❤️ pic.twitter.com/BmszSxVHeC

COMMENTS

Cali bans fake baking for the under-18 set

A no-go on the faux glow in The Golden State.

its great that they're doing this! it's horrible to think about what kind of dangers those girls are putting themselves in.

by skategrl on 10/21/2011 9:02:33 AM

tanning beds are so awful! im happy you guys are doing this

by fabrose on 10/15/2011 7:36:44 PM

Mod mod I use my iPad to check girlslife and sometimes I accidentally hit report on a comment Is there a way to redo it Thank

Hey chicky, mhmm you can always try refreshing the page. Smile Smile

Lynae P.

by Jgirlfashion on 10/15/2011 5:07:52 PM

That's awesome! Maybe there will be fewer skin cancer cases now... I think people should just be happy with how they look, pale, tan, whatever.

by avbball23 on 10/15/2011 4:00:02 PM

Finally! Now we just have to wait until it's a National law.

by Sasza on 10/15/2011 11:54:10 AM

It's a good thing their doing that. The only tan that isn't harmful is a spray or lotion tan.

by beccamadaline on 10/14/2011 8:27:55 PM

GOOD!!! i dont live there,but i have read that tanning beds produce cancer,and that even makes you look OLDER! i have never tried it before bcause where i live u got an automatic tan with each day normal sun. but i wanna know, why girls want a tan at that age! i hope this law make them see clearer and feel better with their own bodies.

by kraCy 4 TaylorLautner xD on 10/11/2011 2:53:09 PM

One of my friends is addicted to indoor tanning. Its so unhealthy, skin cancer is terrible. Spray tans seem the way to go.

by luckykel on 10/10/2011 10:14:16 PM

Dude. It's California.
Get a REAL tan!!! This law totally makes sense, especially in Cali.
Where I live, AK, its a bit harder.
I'm naturally tan, though. Smile so I'm good!

by Goldfish123 on 10/10/2011 8:33:34 PM

I live in California, but I really don't care because I never have gotten a spray tan because it's soooo easy to tan naturally here (except for cold rainy days like today!) so why risk your health?

by oceanlover69 on 10/10/2011 8:32:41 PM

MODMODMOD
i won the backpack from august 17 and i havent gotten it yet... what should i do?

Hey girl, email Trish (trish@girlslife.com). You should have received your prize within 4-6 weeks of your announcement as a winner.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by dancer4eva11 on 10/10/2011 8:27:18 PM

Modmodmodmodmod!!!!!!!
Please help!
Is it possible to get spotting even though I've had my period for 4 years? Because my stomach has been hurting and just now when I wiped down there there was a little bit of blood. But there isn't anymore. So could it be spotting?

Hey girl, definitely. You can always spot. It's a sign your period is coming up.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by EgirlH.97 on 10/10/2011 7:53:06 PM

Halloween i coming up and i'm not sure what i should be! Any suggestions?

Hey girl, I'd go for one of your fave TV show characters or celebs: better yet, try to find a group to go as one theme.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by iRokkin on 10/10/2011 7:49:41 PM

Awesome progress! I'm really happy to hear about this! Laughing

by dina22464 on 10/10/2011 7:45:29 PM

First comment!! If you like doing your nails, join my club for ideas! Click on my name and go to my club! Thanks to everyone who joins!

by ellie hills on 10/10/2011 7:44:15 PM

Ummm...
It's California, get a real tan!
Don't forget some SPF though!

by orangeache on 10/10/2011 7:36:42 PM

When I was about seven years old, I went in a tanning bed. For some reason, we have one in our basement (EEK!) but now from hearing things in health class, I'm terrified. Weird thing: My mom sometimes WANTS me to use the tanning bed. She thinks the color will be healthy. WHAT???

by AlwaysDreamer on 10/10/2011 7:18:45 PM

YES! Cheap cancer is gone! Well, atleast in California.

by cuteychica on 10/10/2011 6:18:46 PM

I'm sooo glad Cali has done this! Tanning is deadly, so why do girls keep doing it? It is so not worth getting cancer just so you look tan! I hope Mass. outlaws it soon also!

by jojodramallama on 10/10/2011 5:59:36 PM

In my opinion going to a tanning bed isn't worth it. Why risk your heath when you can have a spray tan that's harmless?

by kaylarocks2000 on 10/10/2011 5:33:58 PM

yay! this is great because not a lot of girls will get cancer from fake-baking now! (:

by ifreakinloveeyou on 10/10/2011 5:19:56 PM

It's great that they're trying to send the message that this is bad, and that they don't allow their youth to do this!

by dina22464 on 10/10/2011 5:19:14 PM