3 HOURS AGO Why you should be rockin' a super cute sun hat this season: http://t.co/6iUJMHrLzm

6 HOURS AGO Don't worry; shaving your arms will not make your hair grow back like a sasquach: http://t.co/xbnHVhvheI

7 HOURS AGO What would you do if your mom blogged all of your private (& majorly embarrassing) moments for the world to see? http://t.co/CFJM3Sv1B4

COMMENTS

I feel so behind!

I am 13 years old and in the eighth grade, and I still don’t have my period. I feel really awkward because everybody I know has...

WHY DO YOU WANT UR PERIOD? Trust me when I tell u, u'r gonna miss life without it. PMS sucks and so does cleaning up after urself and staying on top of your period. I hate it. I got it when I was 12 (about 3 years ago) and though it's gotten a bit easier since then, it's still awful. The only good thing it brings is a more grown up look.

by Emmazingurl on 8/17/2013 11:49:48 AM

Just be lucky you don't have yours yet, after mine there is no chocolate left in the house!!!Smile

by poetpower on 8/17/2013 7:48:36 AM

Girl, I feel you. I was in the same boat as you. I didn't start mine until the end of my 9th grade year, and I felt the exact same way. But now as a senior, I totally wish I didn't have it anymore, it's so terrible and so much work. Just trust me when I say you don't want it, and you'll figure it out yourself when you finally start!

by horselover303 on 8/16/2013 8:32:32 PM

I don't know why you want your period... I am terrified to get mine, and I am totally freaked out because I don't want it.... So it's totally OK to not have your period by the time you're 13. Just relax and let nature take it's course.

by BigSashaM on 8/16/2013 8:29:56 PM

trust me. I've been there. I was 13 in eighth grade and wishing so much that I would get it. that then I would be a woman and be caught up with everyone else. Then I got it in march of 8th grade and was so happy. but the next month I was miserable. Along with periods comes killer cramps that will having you curling in a fetal position, possibly vomiting, and missing out and many things. having your period is not at all roses and daisies. You can't go swimming when ur on ur period unless you wear a tampon which is difficult and slightly painful to put in. the first coupld years, your cycle is all over the place and you could start bleeding in the middle of class. Enjoy your period free days while you can. It will happen when it will. If you still don't believe me ask ur friends abt their periods

by N3rdyRand0mn3ss on 8/16/2013 7:41:01 PM

Hey! Need fashion advice or want to give it? Need help with the latest beauty trends or have some awesome hair and makeup tips you'd love to share? Then you should join my club:

"Fashion, Hair, and more! Oh my!"

There are positions open too! Join today for great advice! Thanks so much!

by karasinski on 8/16/2013 5:53:54 PM

I'm sixteen and super late too. My body just matures really slowly. I still even have some of my baby teeth and I'm flat chested! Its insane.. I look like I'm eleven! My parents say I'll appreciate it when I'm older, but still, it can be annoying.

by Chloe<3 on 8/16/2013 5:21:27 PM

Girl... I'm 12 years old, and I got it a month after I turned 12, and I turned 12 in March... It's SUCH a pain to carry around pads (my preference, you may want to use tampons.)EVERY SINGLE MONTH. I went camping and my period surprised me so my parents had to go to Safeway and buy MORE PADS. And I have a ton of pads at home! Though you may feel behind, you should feel really great that you don't have your period, because it is exhausting, gross, and not fun to deal with! I've been invited to go swimming at least 7 or 8 times when I'm on my period, and I'm just like "Uh sorry I can't (Insert lame excuse here)" AND IT'S LIKE 90 DEGREES OUT. Not having your period is so great! You can go swimming and be comfortable! Pads are very uncomfortable. I understand you feel left out, but you are only missing out on more work. More, dirty, smelly, bloody work.

by Littlepuppygirl on 8/16/2013 5:12:25 PM

You should be happy! And it's not that weird; there are people that don't get it until sixteen, or even in super rare cases twenty-one. I wish I would get mine at twenty-one...

by GLPeaches on 8/16/2013 3:51:31 PM

Don't worry about it at all! I wish I didn't get mine so early.. I got it at the end of grade 6. It seems like a big deal at first, but then you just get annoyed with it and when you get into highschool, everyone will be going through a lot of hormone changes. Enjoy the time you have now, periodless!

by Blushing-Beauty on 8/16/2013 12:21:08 PM