11 HOURS AGO #QUIZ: Where will you meet your next crush?

13 HOURS AGO Going #BlackFriday shopping tonight/tomorrow? This will help:

15 HOURS AGO Check out GL's #TurkeyDay playlist:

I feel so behind!

I am 13 years old and in the eighth grade, and I still don’t have my period. I feel really awkward because everybody I know has...

The grass is always greener on the other side. Before I got mine, I constantly wished thy I had my period. I just got my first one and I wish I didn't. All you girls that don't have yours are VERY lucky!

by velosastar237 on 2/23/2012 11:18:55 PM

Hey live4god, I wish I could tell you exactly when it will come. But it sounds like it's on it's way. Get prepared now by reading about menstrual cycles on or period page. Hope this helps! Xoxo

I want my period! My friends have it and I'm already 13! I've had discharge for a while now...more than a year. And I had spotting when I was in 4th grade, and just recently I saw more spotting of the red dots in my underwear. I shave my armpits and legs, and I have boobs, but not a lot (tiny boobs run in the family). I also wish I had bigger boobs, but I don't think that's happening. They're only 32a. Anyway, I need help! I know you don't know when I'll get it, but I feel like it's coming soon! I've had some cramps, been eating a ton when I'm not hungry, and a bunch of acne. Plus, the discharge smells bad...
Please help! Thank you! Lynae P.

by live4god on 1/27/2012 7:36:01 PM

i just turned 13 and im in 7th grade and almost all the girls in my class have their period. i have discharge with a little red dot n it looks like blood but im not sure. is this my period or is it a sign that its coming

Hey Girl,

This is probably not your period yet, but it may be a sign that it is coming. Just wait and see what happens in the next couple of days - if it starts bleeding stronger, it means you got your period. If the discharge continues more than 3 days, talk to your mom and call a doctor. Girls get their periods at different ages, so don't worry if yours hasn't started yet!

alicia m.

by cutiepie14231 on 1/24/2012 4:47:58 PM

Mod mod mod
Yesterday when I was running I noticed a sharp burning pain down there is this normal and if not what should I do

Dont stress your leg too much. Im sure it will go away soon. But keep an eye on it. If it gets worse then get it checked out. xoxo kerra

Kerra S.

by Roxizzy on 1/22/2012 5:49:22 PM

I know how you feel! I'm 12 and about half of the 6th grade girls have there periods. Whenever I go to the bathroom, I always think," Am I gonna get my period!?" My mom says it takes longer if I think about it! But I can't help it!! Anyone else feel like this?!?

by kittycatfrenzy on 1/18/2012 8:01:06 PM

Actually, there is a medical condition known as amenorrhea, where for whatever reason you either never get your period or stop having it. If you don't have any other signs of puberty by 14 or no period by 16, see a doctor.

by -gogreengal- on 1/14/2012 3:03:16 PM

Hey gogreengal, I'm not sure if it's physically possible to never get your period. Each girl gets it at some point in there life. Xoxo

Is there a possibility that I will never get my period? I hate when girls complain about it, because they don't realize what a gift it is. It is practically a miracle to be able to create new life. Would you rather have less pain just to kill off the human race? Nobody understands that getting your period is a blessing. Lynae P.

by -gogreengal- on 1/13/2012 8:24:03 PM

So, today I went to the bathroom and I saw two spots, maybe a little smaller than a dime, that were a light brownish colour in my underwear, about and inch and a half apart. Is this my first period!? I have all the other signs like hair, boobs, and discharge (for about 3 years). I would ask my mom but she's out of town, and I don't have a sister or anything. I put on a pad just incase, too. So yeah, is this it??

Hey girlie,

This could be discharge with a little bit of blood in it (sometimes you have very light, faint "periods" before you get your first full-on period - and even after you get your period, some light spotting in between periods is totally normal), or it could get heavier over the next day or two. If it does, that'll definitely be your first period! It's great you were prepared and put on the pad. Just keep checking every so often to stay on top of it Smile And I know it's super excited, but try to be patient!!
Lauren C.

by DancingChamp44 on 12/30/2011 12:01:51 AM

OK, so I do Ballet about 4-5 times a week, and more than 10 hours per week. I am 13, very skinny, I don't have any boobs, and I still didn't get my first period. I heard that ballerinas are usually flat, so I don't mind my boobs that much, but I still want a bit of padding! Is all this because of my body type, or do I just have to wait? Sorry this very long but it's very frustrating.
Thank you!

Hey girl,

Don't be so tough on yourself -- beauty comes in all sizes, and besides, your boobs still have time to grow! If you're still looking for an extra boost, please don't stuff your bra! That can be potentially embarrassing if you lose your padding in public. Try a push-up with some extra padding for a natural-looking bra boost.

Meghan D.

by Mimzy0717 on 12/21/2011 1:09:01 PM

Don't freak out about this, there's nothing wrong with you and it will happen!!! I didn't get my period till sophmore year in highschool anyway.

by christineah111 on 12/19/2011 6:32:07 PM

Always running out the door in the morning? Take the extra millisecond to put both backpack straps on your shoulders to prevent back injuries down the line.
What do you wear on your lips?

I can get a vaccine that will keep me from getting cancer later on.

WIN IT! Can *you* solve the mystery?