2 HOURS AGO What's your POV when it comes to pot? Tell us in our smoking survey: http://t.co/ltTefTpaOw

3 HOURS AGO How to rock candy colors on the daily: http://t.co/aQZFehAebU pic.twitter.com/BWxxZml2F5

4 HOURS AGO Bring summer camp to your kitchen with this recipe for s'mores bars: http://t.co/KiwKQgIIrS

COMMENTS

From bullying bud back to bestie

My bestie and I have been friends since we were little, but lately she’s been doing some mean things…

MOD! MOD! MOD!
I am going into 8th grade this fall, just thought you should know that. In preschool I met a friend and we became BFF's. In the 4th grade both me and my BFF had to transfer to a new school because our school didn't support 4th grade & up. I met new friends but she was still my BFF. In 5th grade they made a new school and me and my BFF both went there. I only went there for 1 quarter though, and she stayed. I transferred back to the school I went to in 4th grade. I made a new BFF, and she has had me go against my old BFF somehow. My old BFF stayed there for 6th grade. In the 7th grade she came back to my school, and my new BFF and my old BFF HATE each other. Then my new BFF started being really mean to me because me and my old BFF were becoming friends again. Now she hates me and she talks to everybody behind my back about how I suck at sports or don't do any work.

Hey girl,

Maybe you should sit down with each of them separately and tell them that while you enjoy spending time with them, you won't stand for them disagreeing with each other, and especially not for being mean to you. If you don't tell your new bff that she's hurting you, she won't stop! If she keeps being mean, it might be better to just stay friends with your old friend (and maybe find some new pals, too).

Meghan D.

by tinykitty98 on 6/8/2012 5:08:26 PM

MOD MOD MOD , At my Christian private school we done this thing were there were a list of adjectives that ever class member got that had a sperate list for a person and to teenage girls wrote the list that had some really ,mean adjectives on it . And i got three thta were mean , and then there was one that was really mean .It hur t my feelings and i hate sports and every girl in my class except me were on the team i got called lazy whiny rude selfish self-righjous mean and it really hurt my feelinghs and one of them said if they cud nasme the would name me whiny and im a really nice and kind person thats whast they say to mhy face what do i do

Hey babe,

You ARE a good person! If this is making you feel bad, chances are you don't actually act this way - I believe you're kind and that you work hard, care for others, and are nice. Girls like to make fun of people when they don't have to be accountable for what they say. This was anonymous, so of course they could say whatever they wanted and not get caught. That's cowardly! It just shows that they have really low self-esteem themselves and make themselves feel better by hurting others. You're SO much better than that <3  Don't ever forget it. Put this list behind you and make yourself feel better by surrounding yourself with friends (people who love you) and reminding yourself of all the GREAT qualities you have!!!!!
Lauren C.

by dray7999 on 1/27/2012 10:10:16 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tomorrow I have to go on a field trip! I am homeschooled. The guy I like is in my homeschool group. We aren't aloud to date but we knew we like each other. About 2 weeks ago he was acting all mad and stuff and give me the brush off. Then he lied about not speaking to me! Everyone knew we like each other. He told me the other day that he wanted to just be friends. Now that we are just friends he won't speak to me or sit by me! I want to break the ice and talk to him and show him that I care enough to be his friend,but I am scared. My BFF said she has my back. But I am scared! Any ideas on how to break the ice?

Hey girlie,

He might be freaked about liking someone or he might've actually had his feelings change and just wanted to be friends. But sometimes guys don't actually know how to go from "crush" to "friend" without acting totally awkward and weird. Try being honest with him - get him one-on-one if you can and just tell him straight, "I totally understand only wanting to be friends, and I agree. I think we should! Don't feel awkward." Then smile and play it cool. He might just be worried you're going to keep pushing and flirting, so he's trying to avoid it altogether. Give that a try and see how he acts!
Lauren C.

by MTSphotography on 1/26/2012 8:44:11 PM

Hey Junetikky. Frances doesn't sound like a true friend. A real pal wouldn't get mad at you everyday and then make up only to get mad again. Real pals don't get jealous over you making new friends either. Continue getting to know other girls. You'll find some true friends soon. Hope this helps! Xoxo

MOD MOD MOD MOD.
Hi Smile
Okay, theres not many girls in my class (and boys!) Theres 17 kids in my entire class. And since we all have the same classes together, 17 same kids in every class. I the beginning of the school year, I hung out with a girl named frances. Now that i've met a few more girl (2 girls...) I hang out with them too. But Frances gets super jealous and be's mean and rude to me if I don't have out with her and always points out that that I have a "New best friend." which is really quite true. I still want her to be my friend but when I try to talk to her shes like I CAN HAVE OTHER FRIENDS TOO. And then leaves me. And we make up every so days but the friendship "ends" the next day normally. Its all because, she became a cheerleader and two preppy girls took my place. And frances begun to hang out with them. So I had to find other friends so I wouldn't be the 4th wheel. I feel upset because I only have 1 really true friend. Please help me! Lynae P.

by Junetikky on 1/20/2012 8:29:46 PM

Hey farmer's daughter(:, you've already explained yourself and apologized, so the ball is in her court. When she's ready to talk to you she will. She just probably needs some time to calm down. Hope this helps! Xoxo

MODMODMOD!!!
okay. so yesterday my friend and i got into a fight. she wouldn't tell me what's wrong. and then finall she texted me saying that she was mad because i was flirting with her crush. and i like him too. and he likes me back. he told me. but anyways so she's still mad at me. and i have tried apologizing and telling her why i thought it was fine to flirt with her crush. (ske liked someone else at the same time.) so please help me! thanks!!! Lynae P.

by farmer's daughter(: on 1/13/2012 7:01:44 PM

MOD!
I don't feel like my friendship with my best friends is that stong I'm a hugger really but I don't show that to my friends i'm nervous they won't like me for who I am I feel fake when I talk to them I don't express what I really feel I want to change that but I'm worried they prefer the fake me what should i do stay like this or show who I really am?

Hey girl,

Never try to be someone you're not. It's really important to be comfortable in your own skin! Def show your friends the true you, and if they're not cool with the real you then its time to find new friends who will love and respect you for who you are.

Kathryn S.

by paris_mi4 on 1/13/2012 6:08:47 AM

Mod mod my school best friend started hanging out with a different group of girls, and one day she told me that some of them thought I was really annoying but she didn't think that. Since then she hasn't hung out with me and when I talk with her and four of her other friends, two of then talk and seem like they like me, but her and the other two just stare at me like i shouldn't be there. I don't understand because we used to be really close last year, and I don't think she is mad at me, but i don't want to lose her as a best friend and i would like to be friends with the other girls too. Do you have any tips for making closer friends?

Well one thing that really concerns me is that your best friend is acting like youre annoying just because her new friends think you are. If her opinion of you can be swayed so easily by these new girls then maybe shes not the great friend you thought she was. I would look into making other friends who wont ditch you so quickly. Find people who are more dedicated and loyal. Good luck! xoxo kerra

Kerra S.

by Finn on 1/8/2012 5:38:49 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
My friend embarrasses me at school. She's really annoying at times too. She'll say something rude and when I tell her to stop , she gets mad at me! She rarely listens to me and she tells me ALL her problems. I'll be talking with another friend and she'll butt in! I don't know what to do! HELP!

Hey Chica,

First, evaluate if you want to keep this girl as your friend. She annoys you, but do the good things about her outweigh the bad things? If yes, then she's probably worth keeping. Lots of people can't pick up on social clues, so she may not understand that what she's saying can be rude or that she's butting into conversations. But you can't teach your friend how to act. Instead of telling her when she's being rude, have a private conversation with her and tell her that you feel she can say rude things, and ask her to tone it down. She'll probably be offended, but you can at least speak your mind and see if anything changes.

If you decide she's not worth to keep as a friend, then just start hanging out with her less and less. Keep busy with other friends and let this friendship end slowly. But before you do anything, decide if you want to keep her as a friend or not!
Rachel N.

by SecretSmiley on 12/19/2011 4:00:37 PM

MODMODMODMODMODMOD.
My best friend and I were nominated for best eyes in the school yearbook. I am in the yearbook class and know who won but we aren't allowed to tell anyone(they have to wait until the yearbook comes out in May). She thinks she won but it was really me. She has been bribing me to tell her but I can't. I'm afraid she will be mad that she didn't win and I wouldn't tell her but when I really can't tell her. I keep telling her that I can't say. What should I do???

Hey girl,

If you'll get in trouble for spilling, stick to your gut and keep those lips sealed! Tell her it's the rules of the yearbook, and leave it at that. Try bringing up other conversations, and distract her from this one issue!

Meghan D.

by madizzle013 on 12/17/2011 12:31:05 PM

My friend (i will call her K)is hard to read most days. One day she will be soo awesome then she turns ugly in seconds. She calls me annoying to my face. One time I didn't text her back because my phone was off while I was charging it. When I turned it on she texted me to look at my voicemail. So I did. She said some hurtful things. She said I was stuck up and snotty for not txting her back. I txted her and asked what that was for. She said she was joking and that she calls people stuck up for fun. I brushed it aside. But then things got ugly again. She blames alot on me when I dont do anything. When I walk or talk with other friends for just a sec while I walk in the halls with her. She totally ditches me! I don't know if we r good friends anymore because she can be sooo awesome and funny but she turns bad in seconds. Plus she hangs out with people I never would. R we good friends or should I find some new friends? Please help!

by NancyDrewGirl on 12/10/2011 3:47:17 PM