2 HOURS AGO Stay sun savvy with 5 beauty buys for sun protection: http://t.co/Aq9qUPQ3nE

5 HOURS AGO Tone up #tabata style: http://t.co/lOFXLmg7ew

6 HOURS AGO Pretty up with the 20 best nail polish picks of all time: http://t.co/1GctxLQSKw

COMMENTS

From bullying bud back to bestie

My bestie and I have been friends since we were little, but lately she’s been doing some mean things…

MOD MOD MOD!
I've known this girl since we were 4 years old and she's always been my best friend but now we're in 'high school' and she goes to different school known for it's students being really bad and she's really naughty and in with the naughty cool girls. I don't like who shes turned int at all and I don't really want anything to do with her anymore but say we bump into each other on the street? Also her birthdays coming up, what if she invites me? What shall I say? What if she wants to meet up and every time she asks, I say 'I can't make it', she'll know I'm avoiding her. What shall I do? Thanks Smile

Hey girl,

It's natural for friends to grow up, grow apart, and lose passion for their friendship that they once loved and tried hard to keep. So don't feel bad! Especially since she's involved in stuff that isn't necessarily bad or dangerous overall, but just not your style. That's ok Smile Try not to make a big deal about this separation and, instead, let yourselves drift apart. Say you have homework to do, plans with the fam, your parents won't drive you, etc. if she asks to hang out and you really don't want to. Once in a while, it wouldn't be bad to take a deep breath and hang out one-on-one just so you don't have to keep lying. But keep it to a minimum. That way, if you bump into each other, it won't be awkward - you can be friendly, say "Hey how are you! We have to catch up, it's been so long!" then head on your way. There hasn't been an argument so there's no reason to feel awkward - like I said, you've just drifted apart!

Lauren C.

by cindy5218 on 10/20/2011 1:34:32 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!! My Friend of 3 years has lately been mean to me and she thinks so highly of herself and is a little naive. she said one time " don't interrupt me, you try and say things that are supposed to be wisdom like but all that comes out is stupid" and later that day she said that she was trying to make a joke and that I take things so literal. My mom said to just stay away from her and go be with my other friends. I want to still be her bff but I don't know what to do to make to stop being mean to me and if I talk to her she will just yell at me and say "what ever." Sorry this was so long Thanks!

Hey chicky, you don't need to be BFFs with someone who is constanty mean to you.  If she can't treat you right then she doesn't deserve to be your friend. I think you need to sit down and think if being her friend is something you should continue to do. Smile Smile

Lynae P.

by sweetypie2 on 10/15/2011 7:34:48 PM

Mod...
so i just started middle school and had made this new friend at the beginning of the year.we started out rly good, but then she started to get really catty and would gossip about my other friends when they weren't around. then she started to get really clingy and wouldn't let me hang out with other girls and would start to get really upset when i would sit at another table, or talk to this other girl. Then, she started to tell me that this one girl had been gossiping about me. she had never really liked this girl and it seemed really out of character for her, so i confronted my friend (the one who was supposedly gossiping about me) and she said no,she's abetter friend than that, ect. i feel like the new friend was lyinG AND she's really clingy. she thinks were bffs but i want to b friends with other ppl, but idk how to get her to back off. any help? plz & thx
ILUA,
banana

Hey girlie,

Sheesh, she sounds super controlling - especially for being such a new friend! I'm glad you snapped outta it and didn't let her totally run your life. You're right, you deserve to hang with lots of different people and you deserve a friend who is honest with you! That's respect and she's not showing you enough of it. Live your life the way you want, hanging out with your other friends and doing your own independent activities. The next time she gets clingy or tries to tell you how to act, stop her from talking and tell her, firmly but maturely (without yelling/whining/getting catty), that you are your own person. Tell her you like having her as a friend but, if she wants to be your friend, she has to accept that you're going to make your own decisions and have your own friends. She needs a friendly reality check to let her know she can't play you like a puppet - you're a person!
Lauren C.

by bananaeater345 on 10/14/2011 9:16:05 PM

She may be dealing with some tough things in her life. I have a friend who has been very aggressive towards me and she and I have known each other since we were younger. I dont understand it but it happens and its upsetting and its because of some things that are going on in her life.

by luckykel on 10/12/2011 11:09:11 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!! I want to model for GL,but my Mom said to ask if I got it,do I need to pay for my own transportation? Please,please reply and thanks!

Hey chica, yeah I think you might have to. But it would be so worth it. Everone at GL is soo cool! Smile Smile

Lynae P.

by iluvmusic♥ on 10/12/2011 8:37:23 PM

MOD MOD MOD So I had this friend...lets call her "T". So T and I were best friends since Kindergarten up to 5th grade. 'Cause in 6th we never saw eachother because of classes and all. But in 7th now she is in a few of my classes but now she has these 2 friends that she seems to like WAY more than she EVER liked me. Like in Social Studies I was her partner...it was okay. But today when on of her 2 other friends was her partner she was freaking out and kept trying to reach her friend's hand with hers and stuff. And in the hallway I was talking to her and mid-word she just turns around to her other [1 of the 2 friends] friend. What the heck do I do? I really do not want to hang out with her outside of school if she doesn;t like me anymore you know?

Hey girly, I would talk to her. Maybe she doesn't know she's ignoring you and neglecting you for her other two friends. Just ask her where she thinks your friendship stands. Hope everything gets better. Smile Smile

Lynae P.
Lynae P.

by lovetolaugh on 10/12/2011 8:09:42 PM

Hey Mod: So my friends have kind of been leaving me out for example they will go to the mall and then be like omg it was so fun at the mall yesterday and then have all these inside jokes. we are all way different but we used to b best friends. but now i'm like going out w/ guys and they aren't interested and i have different friends. and i am really popular now and they aren't really.i still want to be friends with them though but they aren't really supportive of what I'm into and we just don't do much together anymore. and this will sound really mean but i think of what it will do to my reputation if people found out that i don't have bffs anymore...idk what to do and I don't even know if I WANT to be close friends w/ them anymore! thank u!

Hey girly, unfortunately some friendships come to an end. If they don't support the things you're into, and if you don't really know if you want to hang with them, I wouldn't try to be friends anymore.  You have a new set of friends, you just have to start to establish that best friend bond with them. But if you think that you guys could be friends like old times, try talking to them again. Maybe have a party or little get together at your house where you invite only them. While some friendships are over, others can be rekindled, so just think about it some more. Let me know if you have anymore questions!!! Smile Smile

Lynae P.

by dramaqueen122 on 10/12/2011 5:16:44 PM

MOD.
I want to have a sleepover at my house with my best friend this Friday after our school dance. But she wants to call the guy that she likes and that likes her back. I told her I don't really know him and don't want to call him on my phone, but she said she is going to anyway. Isn't that a little bit rude? How can I get her to not call him? Thanks!

Hey cutie!

Why don't you want her to call him on your phone?  It seems rather harmless to me.  However, yes, it is rather rude of her to deliberately go against your wishes.  All you can really do is tell her again that you don't want her to, or not give her access to any phone of yours while she's at your house.
Jordan S.

by purpleputty on 10/12/2011 3:48:07 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!

I'm going on a vaca where it's hot. Are self-tannering lotion safe?

by iluvmusic♥ on 10/12/2011 3:30:37 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
I'm 12, almost 13, is it bad to drink coffee? It isn't really coffee it is a frozen mocchiato frappe.

Hey girlie!

As a rule of thumb, everything is alright in moderation.  Coffee isn't bad for your health, but it can be chock full of fat and calories in drinks like the one you just mentioned.  Every now and then is fine though!
Jordan S.