8 HOURS AGO Are you the kinda girl who goes with the flow? Take the #quiz to see: http://t.co/ukcFkXMyGl

11 HOURS AGO 5 tips for booting bad grades: http://t.co/kMlNTRGFos

12 HOURS AGO Wondering if you should you get back with your ex? Take the #quiz to find out: http://t.co/6gYmS9fe3s

COMMENTS

The 411 on your outta-control flow

My period is out of whack! It's so heavy on the first two days that I'm always changing my tampons every few hours. Then, I get...

I don't have mine yet, but thanks! This might help in the future.

by liveonice on 8/30/2013 3:02:39 PM

my period went on for 60+ days and i don't know why i didn't say anything until then. my doctor put me on birth control

by cutedoggy411 on 8/29/2013 11:02:25 PM

Mod mod mod

So I've had my period for over five years, since I was 11, and it's always been pretty regular. I've also been on the pill for a year and a half to help really bad cramps. But just the other day I had my period for only two days. Its always been five to seven and on time. Should I be worried? I know on this site you keep saying its OK to be irregular, but I've had my period for five years now...

Hey girlie,

It might be an after
effect of your medicine, but I would talk to your doc about it just to be safe.
Even though it’s probably nothing to worry about, it’s good to get a pro
opinion!

Meghan D.

by mesuchrecarpendaes on 8/29/2013 10:07:32 PM

I tried tampons and they were a saving grace, they are not as bad as I thought and def worth a trySmile

by poetpower on 8/29/2013 9:04:57 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
UGHH my period has been going on since two weeks ago. I started on like April 23 and its still here! Also it doesn't look like its gonna stop anytime soon. It keeps getting heavier and heavier. Is there something wrong with me? How can I stop this? I jut want my period to end, I've lost so much blood sometimes when I stand I feel nauseous and faint.

Hey girl, you should definitely go talk to your mom or another trusted adult and tell them what's going on. It sounds like you need to go to a doctor who will definitely be able to help you out. xo

Caroline M. Caroline M.

by DMlover123 on 5/8/2013 9:32:33 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
this morning when I woke up I felt Really really nauseous. Like I was about to throw up: It's not that bad anymore but I still feel like I'm gonna vomit. My mom said not to take and medication though until she comes home. (Wont be home till like 6pm) what should I do?

Hey girl, feeling sick is the worst, but you should def wait for your mom before you take any meds.  Check out this post: "10 things to do when you're home sick."  Get well soon!

Karin E.

by swifty#1 on 3/25/2013 12:23:39 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
help me please. my parents arent home (they are on a date) and I have really sharp cramps it almost feels like someone is stabbing me in the stomach I've tried everything using a heating pad, eating a banana and doing yoga but nothing's working. I don't have meds on hand right now!!! I don't want to call my mom/dad though cause I don't want to interfere with their outing.

Hey DMLover123, try sucking on ice. Drinking hot water or ginger ale may help too. Lay on your back with a heating pad or pillow on top of your stomach. Sometimes walking around reduces it too. If it gets too bad, call your parents so they can help. Hope you feel better! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by DMlover123 on 3/15/2013 8:48:12 PM

mod mod mod mod mod mod mod
I cant sleep. I keep waking up to puke (i have the stomach flu) i dont know if i should go to school tomorrow. I have a REALLY REALLY BIG test at school tomorrow and a tryout for the dance team. Should i still go? How can i stop puking and get to sleep? Thanks mods <3

Hey girlie,

if you're not feeling well you definitely shouldn't go to school. It won't make you feel any better, plus you run the chance of infecting all your classmates. You can always make up the test, and as for the dance team maybe you could e-mail the coach and let them know that you were really pumped to try out but you've come down with the stomach flu and you can't make it. You might be able to work something out! xoxo

Alexis G.

by Sarah_12 on 9/25/2012 3:18:12 AM

mod mod mod mod mod mod mod
My stomach hurts a lot. My parents said im not allowed to take iburofen, or midol or any kind of medecine, because they're not home. What do i do?

Hey girly, it depends on why your stomach hurts. If you have cramps, hop in the tub and the heat will relax your muscles. If you have a virus or something other than cramps, try drinking lots of water, eat something light only if your stomach can handle it and try to take a nap. I hope you feel better.

Lauren I.

by Sarah_12 on 9/24/2012 12:12:07 PM

mod mod mod mod mod mod
Im really confused about my period. Its been so irregular. Ive had it for like 1 1/2 years. And i skipped two months, idk why, and it came back like almost two weeks ago, and stopped almost a week ago. And i just got it again. Other than counting days, how else can i tell my period is coming? Thank you Smile

Hey girl,

You can sometimes tell by cramps or mood swings, or sometimes headaches or breakouts. It's normal to be irregular when you first get your period, but if you want to be sure you can talk to your mom or a doc to be safe!

Meghan D.