AN HOUR AGO Onesies just got fancy: http://t.co/Ufd8iLPxcQ

2 HOURS AGO We saw @TheVampsband and @AustinMahone in concert and here's what happened: http://t.co/nmSus7TF1a

3 HOURS AGO 7 fun flicks that prove that school isn't so bad: http://t.co/YVVX0Jy6vn

COMMENTS

The 411 on your outta-control flow

My period is out of whack! It's so heavy on the first two days that I'm always changing my tampons every few hours. Then, I get...

sooooooooo sorry!

by LouLou Monkey on 2/2/2012 4:19:01 PM

mine r so painful, i have to stay home from school for a few days. my mom has to take a birth control pill for that reason. my mom is thinking that thats what i have 2 think of doing soon. its aweful, yes. but ur not alone!

by susper on 2/2/2012 3:37:42 PM

reply to sarahrose: im 12 too and that happens to me too so your not alone. <3

by katieoct30 on 2/1/2012 5:00:08 PM

MODMODMOD! i get cramps ,while i have my period,alot aat school.is there any thing i can do to calm them without embarrassing myself?

Unfortunately there isn't much that you can do. You should mention this to your doctor at your next appointment. Your doctor might be able to give you medication to help with the cramps.
Amanda P.

by katieoct30 on 2/1/2012 4:56:46 PM

i have a really hevey period sometimes and i need to check my pad every 10 mins ! also i need to change my pad every 2-3 hours but sometimes its every hour is this normal ?xoxo
im 12 years old !xx

by sarahrose on 1/29/2012 11:26:26 AM

MOD MOD MOD!!
What is the difference between spotting and a regular period? Is it still shedding the lining of your uterus? How can that be all?

Hey girl,

Yes, spotting is technically coming from the same process that your regular period comes from. But it isn't a full period - when you spot, that's not ALL the lining coming out. It's just some. It can be caused by stress, changes in sleep/diet, hormones, certain medicines, and just your body's natural tendency to be a little irregular sometimes. It's nothing to worry about Smile
Lauren C.

by spencer9800 on 1/28/2012 9:19:43 PM

Hey fbvb13, no your period won't stop if you don't continue taking pills. It may become irregular or how heavy or light it is might change. No worries though. Xoxo

Mod!!!!!
I got my first period yesterday.... But a day b4 my doctor gave me Melatonin for my sleeping insomnia. It works great but I hear they were some type of hormone. I think it caused me to start which I'm perfectly fine with but if I stop the pills will my period? Because I didn't have many signs that it was coming anyways I just don't want my period to stop bcim14!!!!! Lynae P.

by fbvb13 on 1/27/2012 3:23:31 PM

I'm going to be 14 in a few weeks and I had my first period two weeks ago, but it only lasted for one day. I have heard that sometimes when girls get their first period, it can just be a dry stain in their underwear, but it was more blood than that, but I wouldn't call it heavy. I definitely had pms, (I was crying for no reason the day before, had a headache, and cramps the day of) Is it even possible that I could have had it for only one day??

Hey Doll,

It's completely normal to only get your period for a day, especially if it's your first one. What you had was probably spotting, which is when your body just releases a little bit of blood. This is a sure sign that your regular flow will be coming soon, so start getting prepared! Most girls' periods don't become totally regular until a year after their first period, so it's possible that you could continue to spot before getting a heavier flow.
Rachel N.

by spencer9800 on 1/27/2012 9:17:17 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD! I've had my period before but i got it again for the first time in a while yesterday @ school. At first i thought i was just sick so my mom picked me up but i actually had my period... Thank od i was wearing black pants! But anyways my bestie's bday is TOMORROW and its a sleepover. i really want to have a good time and not having to check my pad every 10 mins and im PETRIFIED of using a tampon.. Please help! I don't want to go to sleep and blood will get everywhere!Frown

Hey girly!

You could stop by at a department store and get overnight pads, which are longer than the regulars, so it covers areas that might stain while you sleep. If you wake up to find stains in the morning anyway, you could wash it with soap right away so it doesn't stay. Also remember that your bestie would most likely understand if it does happen. I found a link that have more suggestions.

Krupali D.

by softball6 on 1/26/2012 1:47:04 PM

Hey say. Xoox, the first year after you get your period they tend to be irregular. So no worries you're fine. Xoxo

MOD MOD MOD MOD
so I've had my period since the end of June last year and my cycle is averagely 32 days but this time I'm already 7 days late! I'm not sexually active of anything, but this is the latest it's every been! Do you think it's normal? Or what's up with it!? Lynae P.

by say.xoxo on 1/21/2012 6:07:16 PM