5 HOURS AGO Are you the go-to girl?! http://t.co/VoA0l7HrFc

9 HOURS AGO Are you always offering guidance to your girlfriends? Become an Advice Queen on http://t.co/3vCDbrIax8: http://t.co/HLoaQgowdL

10 HOURS AGO Look drop dead gorgeous with #sugarskull makeup tutorial (oh yeah, pun intended): http://t.co/KI3IBvDj5q

COMMENTS

The 411 on your outta-control flow

My period is out of whack! It's so heavy on the first two days that I'm always changing my tampons every few hours. Then, I get...

There is no reason to suffer. If its bad enough the doctor will suggest you getting on birth control. A few of my friends had to do it when they were really young like at 12 and 13, so if its out of whack you may need to get on the pill.

With one of them her dad knows and with the other her dad doesnt and we still talk about her not wanting her dad to find out because he may not let her do some of the things she is doing. But we all deal with things differently, and I wouldnt be embarrassed about getting on birth control because more people are on it than you think. Plus you may never know when you may need it for what it was really made for.

by luckykel on 10/12/2011 11:18:48 PM

MOD MOD MOD heyy Smile My period has been really irregular lately...When I first got it (I think in January two years ago) it was irregular but straightened out. During the summer, I felt like two months went by without a period. My last one was 8/22/11... Is this normal? Thank you!!

Hey girlfriend, I've read that the first year you get your period it's irregular, so maybe that is what your bod is going through. If you go through more than 2 months without a period again, I'd contact the doctor just to see if anything is going on. Hope this helps ya out!!! Smile Smile

Lynae P.

by millina*girl on 10/12/2011 5:16:13 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
um yesterday my period bled through my pants and i had a tampon in. so when i went to bet at night i put in the kind that is the biggest absorbency there is...i still bled through it. at school i changed it 3 times... but i dont want to do that everyday HELP!!!

by allys_pig on 10/12/2011 3:58:37 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!
I haven't had my period for a year yet, should I worry that I haven't had my period in 2 months?

Hey chica!

Your flow won't be set in stone month-to-month for years.  It is very inconsistent, in the beginning especially.  It doesn't sound like anything worrisome, but if you want to feel free to call up a doctor.
Jordan S.

by nerdisthewurd26 on 10/12/2011 2:47:53 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Just making sure that all is well but is it normal when you're having your period to feel hot and cold at the same time. My symptoms are nausea, cramps (which hurt like crazy sometimes), and I feel hot and cold, like I'll be sweating and shivering all at the same time. My mom said it's perfectly normal, but I'm just checking in with you guys too.
Thanks

Hey girly, I've never experienced that but I'm sure there's a reason as to why you are feeling hot and cold. I would check in with your doctor to make sure that that is a normal side effect. Also, if your cramps are really bad, your doctor should be able to prescribe you some meds for it.

Amalia E.

by kikidee12 on 10/12/2011 10:26:32 AM

Mod!!! Again sorry.. So abut the doctors, when u went hat happened I am only 13 and too scared!! ThanksFrown(

by Fashion21 on 10/12/2011 1:17:40 AM

Mod!! Mod!! Mod!! I need help!!! So two weeks ago onfriday I started my period, no problem right, wrong!! I still have it full on and this has by far been my heaviest. It's not too bd but it still is pretty bad. So how long is to long for you to have your period and is here something wrong with me!! Please answers this is not the first time it has been longer than 7 days either.. ThanksSmile

You need to go see your doctor as soon as possible (I had a similar problem)

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by Fashion21 on 10/12/2011 12:58:46 AM

Nothingn helps my cramps. To the point where I look and feel so bad my guy friends ask what's up. And I get really short tempered. I always feel bad that the have tondeal with that throughout the month. Because more than 50% of my grade are girls. Yaaaa... Sucks to be them.

by Stormynow on 10/11/2011 11:55:38 PM

Yeah,I'd bust out the midol.

by iluvmusic♥ on 10/11/2011 9:03:07 PM

MODMODMOD!!! ive had my period for 20months.my last period was for the end of july or the beginning of August this year. (im not really sure). i havent had my period since. is my body still getting used to having a period, or is it something else?

Your body is still getting used to having a period, though if you don't get it this month, check in with your doctor to make sure everything is okay Smile

Brittany G.