3 HOURS AGO What kind of sister are you? http://t.co/R0BoPmeZug

4 HOURS AGO Give your closet a killer makeover: http://t.co/CimNERzkMm

5 HOURS AGO GL's connecting with the cosmos to cast your #horoscope: http://t.co/6q0cyyIeCt

COMMENTS

Freaked about getting my braces off

Does it hurt to get them removed?

I have had braces for 2-2 1/2 years now and I'm getting them off soon. I have to have the glue sanded off. Does it hurt? I've seen them do it and the little tooth or glue shavings fly in the air. It looks painful but is it? Also do they sand the tooth or just the glue? Thank you in advance!

Hey girl,

Don't worry! I've been there- it won't hurt- the sanding just sounds kind of loud. They just sand the glue off so your teeth are cement-free. Taking off the braces will feel uncomfortable, but it doesn't hurt more than when you'd get them routinely tightened. And the result is totally worth it!

Caroline C.

by yellow1915 on 7/16/2013 11:02:37 AM

it wont hurt much to get them off! it will hurt m uch less getting them off rather than getting them on!

by rhylaej on 7/9/2012 1:06:11 PM

Im nevous about getting my braces. All my friends that have them say its fine but im still scared to DEATH!!!

love confused

by mlennon on 1/27/2012 5:59:08 PM

I had braces for about 2 years and when I got them off my teeth felt really weird, only because I was used to having the braces there. My orthodontist pretty much burned the glue of...well....sanded it I guess. If you breath through your mouth it doesn't smell bad from the glue be sanded off. When you get your braces off it's not that bad....it doesn't hurt at all just pushes/pulls agains your teeth. After you have them off you can eat anything unless you have a retainer that's glued in, then stay away from suckers and stuff that could pull it off......I had one a week after and my retainer came off so I had to go get it fixed Tong

by Shacee101 on 1/14/2012 12:12:23 PM

I need this advice ASAP
Well I'm playing a concert to 350 people not myself but I just joined the group like thursday and well they thought I was so good I could join there concert playing the guitar BT I'm SUPER SUPER nervous how do I be calm? While on stage and before? Thanks MOD for all your help thanks

Hey girl,

Don't worry -- even experienced performers get stage fright! When you're playing, pretend you're practicing by yourself and not in front of an audience. Imagine they're not there, and you'll forget to be nervous. Good luck!

Meghan D.

by InsideOutKid on 12/17/2011 10:02:54 AM

I am getting braces the day before thanks giving what will i be able to eat please help

by jennyusa123 on 11/5/2011 2:00:32 PM

1. Say your name 10 times.
2. Say your mom's name 5 times.
3. Say your crush's name 3 times.

by jenny 201 on 11/1/2011 10:43:05 PM

I'm getting my braces off in June - I'm nervous! But luckily I only spent a short time with them (just a year and a half in total) so while my friends are getting them in like high school I'll already have mine off before i even get my schedule for freshman year!

by happydays!:-) on 11/1/2011 6:34:30 PM

Okay the chippy glue off thing does NOT make me feel any better about getting MINE off, but I've still got two years. Good luck!

by HaleyofTroy on 10/30/2011 11:46:46 PM

HII Smile I got my braces off about a month ago. It does not hurt the slightest bit. You don't really feel much of anything. But i do advise that when they make your retainers make sure they fit your mouth right. My top ones don't and we are going to have to go back bc they hgurt my mouth. Just go in there happy, because you have nothing to worry about Smile

by nixgurl96 on 10/21/2011 4:14:52 PM