2 HOURS AGO #GIVEAWAY: One fashionista wins an Aria tote, Bailey clutch & Riley bag, plus a $100 gift card from @RMRobertMatthew: http://t.co/Z8xynSeKlC

16 HOURS AGO Are you starting school tomorrow? Here's how to catch your crush's attention on day ONE!: http://t.co/ofBwTb4oVC pic.twitter.com/Wh8MQ6zcjB

18 HOURS AGO Falling in love is tough, especially when it's with your BFF...: http://t.co/8Y2agARy2S pic.twitter.com/WMunvAkTVq

COMMENTS

Freaked about getting my braces off

Does it hurt to get them removed?

I sent in this question in AUGUST! and NOW they out this question up, after a MONTH! its no help to me NOW! but yeah, i didnt hurt much anyway, wow thanks GL for answering my question so late...

by purpletoenails on 10/17/2011 4:09:18 PM

I have really sensitive teeth but I was fine getting my braces off. When they pulled off the brackets off it was uncomfortable but it did not hurt. Then they scrape the cement/glue off. That takes a long time and hurts a little but is so worth it.

by Sasza on 10/17/2011 2:15:53 PM

mod mod mod!!
SO my bf is always saying really sweet things while we are texting and I never know what to say back the other day he said this, Earlier it was a beautiful day txting a beautiful girl..it just got cloudy..now its just me txting a beautiful girl. and i never know what to say back I wan to like compliment him but idk what to say. Thanks!!

Hey chica, that's such a sweet text! You should really embrace that and send him something sweet in response--you don't have to go overboard though. I often send my boyfriend cute little song lyrics that I think relate to him and I; that always works! You could also send him smileys or say something poetic. Just be sincere!

Amalia E.

by swimgirl96 on 10/17/2011 11:13:39 AM

I haven't got braces yet and I'm kinda excited!

by nerdisthewurd26 on 10/17/2011 7:39:10 AM

It hurt so bad! Maybe it was my ortho, but it was worth the pain. i love my smile now!

by SarahGrace2296 on 10/16/2011 6:36:42 PM

I've had braces on my top teeth twice and once on my lower teeth. It wasn't that bad getting them off. It was worse when the first pair came off when I was nine because my teeth were still settling in. Last time I barely felt anything. There was blood though and cement flying around in my mouth though! Getting braces off isn't as bad as people say.

by Aislinn120 on 10/16/2011 6:21:35 PM

wow you all are lucky because it hurt soooo much when i got my braces off!!! seriously....

by girlslifeluver on 10/16/2011 5:27:11 PM

I just got my braces off this Tuesday! It really wasn't bad at all. I am so relieved and I can finally eat something as simple as an apple. I'm already used to my teeth and I feel so much more confident.

by livelaughlovejb on 10/16/2011 5:25:23 PM

I got my braces off a bit ago, it was a bit uncomfortable and there probably will be bleeding in your mouth, but it's normal so don't be alarmed. Smile They just kinda pulled the brackets right off with these orthodontic pliers, and it surprisingly didn't really hurt much at all. Just a lil discomfort but it was fine. And my teeth look awesome! Smile You'll be fine, I'm sure. Smile

by Athelas on 10/16/2011 5:03:25 PM

Yea like I am getting mine off in a month and I am super happy not at all scared.

by polkadotruby7 on 10/16/2011 3:18:57 PM

Make sure you’re wearing the right shoes for your workout! Hitting the gym in flats or running in flip-flops won’t give your feet the support they need and can really hurt your ankles later on. Ouch!

You’re stranded after practice waiting for your ride (which is considerably late!). Luckily you have ____ to keep you busy.

Eating a grilled burger gives you cancer.

DIY alert: Stick out this season with stylish school supplies!

Show off your unique style this year with four too-cool-for-school DIYs from Duck Tape.

CLICK HERE to deck our your desk, luxe up your locker and more.