8 HOURS AGO Stay sun savvy with 5 beauty buys for sun protection: http://t.co/Aq9qUPQ3nE

11 HOURS AGO Tone up #tabata style: http://t.co/lOFXLmg7ew

12 HOURS AGO Pretty up with the 20 best nail polish picks of all time: http://t.co/1GctxLQSKw

COMMENTS

My friends make fun of my hair down there!

They always ask if I’ve shaved “the forest” yet...

but what do I say if she (my teacher) does ask if I have my period? If I say "yes" she's probably going to have the talk with me the whole way back, and it's a long long walk. If she doesn't ask, how to I make sure that the conversation won't go to that topic?

Hey babe,

If she doesn't ask, just stay calm and act confident, like nothing is wrong. Nothing IS wrong - you just have your period, which is a totally normal thing! Don't act awkward and don't talk too much - just take a deep breath and act normal. She won't suspect a thing Smile If she does ask, just shrug and stay calm. Tell her yes you have it and you've had it for a while, so it's really no big deal. (Even if you don't REALLY think that yet.) If you act like you're cool with it, she won't try to talk to you about it because she'll know you're mature, you're used to it, and you don't need any help dealing with it!
Lauren C.

by swifty#1 on 5/3/2012 8:21:47 PM

okay, I have one very important question. I'm going camping, with my class on Monday, and lucky for me, it's my time of the month Frown. My teacher said that we always have to have an adult with us, when we go the washroom, because it's like far away from the cabins, so I'm scared to change my pad or tampon because they will hear me open the wrapper (FYI, my teacher is a girl) Plus I fell like I'm the only girl in my class who has their period. I'm scared that she's (my teacher) is going to ask me if I have it or not. HELP, how do I change my pad/tampon there?

Hey girlie,

It's nothing to be afraid of! Especially since your teacher is also a girl, she'll totally understand - she has her period too, after all. She probably won't even mention it even if she does hear the wrapper, but if she does it is not to embarrass you - if she DOES ask, she'll be asking in case you need help/have questions, etc. She wants to help ya and make sure you feel comfortable no matter what, so don't panic. She's someone you can totally trust with this kinda stuff! Smile
Lauren C.

by swifty#1 on 5/3/2012 7:41:40 PM

I only use pads but I really want to try a tampon, but I don't wanna tell my mom! Anyway I kinda do know how to insert one, but then again I don't. Do they hurt? How do you get them in just right? Help please!?

by pinkkatie1999 on 5/1/2012 6:32:20 PM

I know that this is not on topic, but I need help.
How do i know if i need a new size bra, and how do i tell my mom that i think i need a new one? Thanks a bunch!

Hey girlie,

If your bra is on the loosest hook, the straps are totally loose, and you feel discomfort because your boobs are sagging/busting out of the bra, you should probably try a new size. Your current bra might have just gotten worn out though, so make sure you try the same size too just in case! And to tell your mom, take a deep breath and catch her at a time when she is relaxing and not stressed out. Explain how your bra feels and tell her you don't want to go crazy buying bras, but you need a new one because your current one is making you feel sore/uncomfortable. Be mature about it and she'll understand! Smile
Lauren C.

by swifty#1 on 4/19/2012 5:58:23 PM

My flow is always regular or really heavy! And my friends always borrow my pencils and stuff, so they'll see it. Not just my friends either, the boys in front of me borrow them too.

Well, there are a few brands of tampons that are really tiny just for times like these.  You could snag some of those from a drugstore and then slip them in your pants pockets! Jordan S.

by swifty#1 on 4/16/2012 7:43:22 PM

is it okay to use a tampon for the whole school day, and not change it? (8:35-3:00 is my whole school day) How am i supposed to change it at school without the whole class seeing me? I have to go all the way inside the school to go to the bathroom, and the cloakroom (bags and jackets) is on the other side of the room from where i sit. What do i do?
Thanks!

Oh, that's tricky if your bags are across the room.  Not changing it should be fine on days when you have a light flow.  Otherwise, maybe you could tuck a small tampon in your pencil case and slip it under your shirt until you get to the bathroom?

Jordan S.

by swifty#1 on 4/16/2012 7:38:13 PM

greengirl, You can shave what you want. But most of us at least trim and so many of us shave all or part of it. Im thinking of going to the gyno soon and was concerned because I shave the whole area down there, but I was reading that its very normal to be completely shaven down there, even when going to the gyno.

by luckykel on 4/12/2012 3:35:05 PM

are u supposed to shave all the hair down there or just the bikini line????? somebody tell me!!!

by greengirl1001 on 4/7/2012 10:30:55 PM

Okay so im really scared to tell my mom i need to shave down there because i dont shave my legs but the hair really annoys my what do i do?

by annaf on 3/31/2012 11:16:11 PM

Mod Mod Hi im 15 Years Old Today i was sitting on my bed watching tv and Didnt even really notice that i had to go to the bathroom but i peed in my pants and i tried to stop but i couldnt!!Frown iM sO Embarrassed B/c of my age can you tell me what made this happen to me and how i can make it not happen again

Are you sure you went to the bathroom?  It's more likely that it would be discharge than pee.  If it is though, it's just that you have a weak bladder. Jordan S.

by parkerbell on 3/26/2012 6:40:37 PM