AN HOUR AGO Refresh your *basic* salad routine: http://t.co/GHBs4nvWlO

2 HOURS AGO #SoundOff! What's your stance on smoking? http://t.co/5P2HcJXJTO

3 HOURS AGO Look in on lovescopes, friendship forecasts, and more: http://t.co/z37Z6NffkZ

COMMENTS

My friends make fun of my hair down there!

They always ask if I’ve shaved “the forest” yet...

I finally got the hang of tampons, but only the plastic ones... there are only cardboard ones left at my house, and i don't have any lubricate, the only reason i can get the plastic ones in is bcuz they slide in there without much effort, the ones with the cardboard applicators though, don't slide in, and i need to change my tampon soon, so do u have any tips for sliding in tampon with a cardboard applicator? (other that using the luricate you get in stores, bcuz i dont have any)

I don't personally have much trouble with either but I would imagine that you could use water to help moisten the area to help the applicator slide in more easily.
Amanda P.

by swifty#1 on 3/19/2012 3:08:50 PM

Mod mod mod.if you get a cramp under you'r belly duse that men you'r about to get you'r period and some times even on top of my belly it herts just like right now.

Hey girl,

Usually, one pang of pain isn't a sign that your period will be starting. It typically lasts a little longer, feels achy, and could even make your back, legs, and rest of your bod sore. It could also be gas pains, a sign that you have to use the bathroom, or any number of other pains. I wish we could tell ya for sure that it is a period pain, but it's hard to tell since we can't feel them for ya Smile
Lauren C.

by sandra 2 on 3/18/2012 12:50:52 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!! so I really want to get a thong, because I have horrible pantylines when wearing my yoga pants and sweatpants. Tomorrow my friend and I are going to the mall, so I can get like 2 there.. But how should I ask/tell my mom?

Hey girl,

You can find other underwear with less bad pantylines that aren't thongs, and if you're still having an issue, maybe try going up a pants size! But if you want mom's advice on thongs, explain the situation to her and stay calm no matter her reaction. Good luck!

Meghan D.

by Tayincali on 3/16/2012 9:32:41 PM

thank you to everybody who helped me!!!
(Channa R., Erin M., Ana D., and Lauren C.)

by swifty#1 on 3/16/2012 6:08:30 PM

I need more pads but how do i bring up the subject to my mom?
thanks

Hey girl!  Moms totally get it, trust us. Just ask her and I'm sure she'll buy you some!

xo,

Channa R.

by swifty#1 on 3/16/2012 2:36:24 PM

okay.. my mom scheduled an appointment for me at the gynecologist, but she scheduled it for tomorrow... i will still have my period! I thought they would but something up *there* but what if im wearing a tampon or a pad. And i thought they ell u to be fully naked, no underwear..
so, if they do tell me to be naked, where do i put the pad? (by the way.. the appointment is because my period is really heavy, and because my PMS symptoms are really bad.) So to sum it up... which(pad or tampon) should i use and do they put something in your vagina? Does it hurt?

Hey girly! Generally for your first appointment they do not do a real evaluation, especially if you are on your period. They just ask you questions and see if there is anything too abnormal going on. If they think that you may need an evaluation then they will have you come back at another time, when you wont have your period.
Ana D.

by swifty#1 on 3/16/2012 12:50:05 PM

MOd MOD MOD
yay, my period is not that heavy anymore! On the other side... i keep getting these killer cramps in my lower stomach! I's so bbad.. i dont think i can walk for that long. I'm on my bed right now, and for some reason lying on my stomach relives the pain! but.. i dont think i can lie on my stomach for that long.Anyways... thank you so much for the help! M mom came home early! Smile she came at about 2 o'clock Also, is this normal that my stomach and head hurt I thought pms was supposed to last only till you start your period!!
Do u have any tips on reliving these symptoms?
thnk you, again
Smile

Hey girl,

It's totally normal! Don't sweat it. Our periods are natural but they also take a toll on our bodies, so they can make us feel tired, achy, irritable, etc. all throughout - not just in the beginning! To help ease these symptoms, I always like to get LOTS of rest during my period. Popping an Advil can help with the pain, while a heat pad/hot water bottle/microwave "bed buddy" on your stomach/back can loosen up your muscles and soothe cramps Smile Hang in there, babe!
Lauren C.

by swifty#1 on 3/15/2012 11:40:50 PM

Hey girl! First of all, BREATH! This is not the end of the world! Its totally natural! Take some paper towels and fold them to make an impromptu pad. When your mom comes home ask her to buy you some more period supplies. For extra help visit Hey girl! Make sure to check out:

xo, Erin M.

erin m.

by swifty#1 on 3/15/2012 12:52:17 PM

Hey girl! In the begining it will def hurt but you will get used to it! You could def try the mirror trick to see if it helps ya. For more info check out:

http://www.girlslife.com/hub/periods-period.aspx ! It has everything you need to know about all things period! xo, Erin M.

erin m.

by swifty#1 on 3/15/2012 12:34:50 PM

Hey girl! You could try out hair remover gel!

xo, Erin M.