12 HOURS AGO How to ask a guy out and not be super awk and sketchy: http://t.co/l6Imxj9xVp

14 HOURS AGO Feelin' crafty? Make mom the perf #MothersDay prezzie: http://t.co/Of1DdcU6k7

16 HOURS AGO 6 excuses to get off your butt and have some fun outdoors: http://t.co/z1vY4OZjTX

COMMENTS

Too old to trick-or-treat?

Halloween is my favorite holiday, but I’m worried that I’m getting too old for it.

Hey i get that feeling too but I ignore it. I am a junior in high school and I still go trick or treating, and I have fun. Don't let age take away the fun stuff.

by christineah111 on 6/14/2012 8:43:24 PM

Lololol I'm 15, a sophomore in high school and I love trick or treating! I mean come on, it's free candy! I usually go trick or treating with a couple of my best friends then go to a party afterwards. Stay young as long as you possibly can!

by candylynn on 5/25/2012 4:21:47 AM

I still rricker treat and I'm 12 my buds and i decided for fun to go with the cheesiest costumes ever were going to be bumblebees

by swan32 on 5/22/2012 7:01:30 PM

I'm 15 and I still trick or treat every year and I plan going this year too! Why do you think they make sexy costumes? They don't make those sleazy police officer dresses for 13 years olds!

by actualpain on 4/15/2012 7:09:51 PM

I've never gone trick or treating in my entire life and I'm 13

by Dancergirl30 on 4/13/2012 1:51:15 PM

Everyone on here is right. No one is too old to trick or treat. But if you still feel self concious, go with a group of friends. Then you wont be alone if some jerk answers the door and is like,"arent you too old?"

by tacomaoretaco on 4/8/2012 8:13:58 AM

Your never too old to trick- or- treat! Who cares what people think?! They are just jealous cause they don't have the courage to step up and go trick- or- treating.

by silver_wolf on 11/2/2011 8:45:38 PM

No no no! The worst thing is when people at the door look at you confused and say 'arn't you a bit too old for trick or treating?' I don't understand how someone can be too old for having fun, I think people nowadays should be happy to see older kids making the most out of their childhoods! They should complain about the 8 year olds getting botox and the 6 year olds plastering themselves in makeup and fake tan instead! Girls, go trick or treating, have fun and make the most out of halloween before it's too late, the age you are now is the youngest age your ever gonna be, I mean you can only get older. ;)

by cindy5218 on 10/27/2011 4:43:52 PM

I'm in 8th grade, 13 years old, and that isn't too old to trick or treat! Where I live, even the high schoolers and some even college students go trick or treating! some of my friends aren't trick or treating this year, but I bet they will next year, once they see what they missed out on and how many even older kids are going ;)

by oceanlover69 on 10/25/2011 10:19:22 PM

I am not going trick-or-treating this year because I am in 7th grade and I'm afraid what people might think. Don't be like me. Go for it. I have people tell me to live my own life but I'm not popular and I think trick-or-treating might put me down lower on the food chain. How about you just trust your gut on what you want to me. That's coming from a girl who never has because I'm afraid to. Don't worry, you're not like me!

by hitthemall#1 on 10/24/2011 7:21:48 PM

I am in 7th grade i went trick-or-treating last year and i went with a friend and her 26 yr old uncle dressed up and went with us he came as super man and last yr i saw a a lady who dressed up with her kids and was carrying a pillow case for her self! your never to old to trick-or-treat!

by domino1301 on 10/22/2011 11:46:11 AM

trick or treating is the best! yay candy and cheap walmart costumes!

by maiya.pup11 on 10/18/2011 2:38:25 PM

OK I'm a sophisticated moron (let's just face the facts: that is what "sophomore" means) and I am still TRICK-OR-TREATING!!!!!!!!! I agree w/ swimmerchic96: if you've got tonsa makeup or a mask on, who is gonna know? I think trick-or-treating is cool up until about age 20. Then, unless you are taking younger kids, it's kinda creepy-stalker-ish. I think it is a misconception that once someone gets to Junior High that trick-or-treating MUST END but that is just the way our parents grew up. THIS IS A NEW ERA, PEOPLE!!!! YOU CAN DO WHATEVER YOU WAT!!!!! SO GO TRICK-OR-TREAT THE STUFFING OUT OF YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD!!!!!!!!!

by Emerald_Sparkles on 10/18/2011 1:11:25 AM

I know college kids that go trick or treating. ya'll are fine. I didn't go last year though, but that was just because I was sick

by katie10marie96 on 10/17/2011 9:13:25 PM

How old is too old for halloween? i'm in Grade eight, can I still go this year? It'd be my last.

by Back to December on 10/17/2011 8:25:04 PM

MODMODMODMOD
I'm 13 and in Grade 8. I love Halloween and going trick or treating, but am I too old? If I do go, this'll be my last year, but will I look weird? And I also need help for costume ideas. I want to be something cute (love the peacock idea) but everything at the store is WAY too short! Help please?

Hey girl, not at all! And why not take what's already in your closet and make a costume from that? Mix some accessories from the store with what you've got.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by Back to December on 10/17/2011 8:19:20 PM

ok... no offence but, its weird that you think that just because your in 6th grade, you have to stop trick or treating! i mean come on, im in highschool and even I still trick or treat! have fun girl! go prank someone! go grabs some laughs! have a great night! Just dont have to much fun! thats my job!!! jk! luvs yall anyway. ;P <3

by tortor369 on 10/17/2011 1:19:11 AM

you're never too old to trick-or-treat..I am in 7th grade. Trust me there is no age limit you're getting free candy...who's too old for that?

by Cutesweetie2017 on 10/16/2011 5:41:01 PM

I stopped Trick-or-Treating this year and I'm a sophomore in High School. It just wasn't very fun to me and I don't need all of that candy anyway.

by CourtneyPink28 on 10/16/2011 2:36:09 PM

I go bowling with my family or friends on halloween and we all dress up, it is really fun.

by peanut0389 on 10/16/2011 2:05:47 PM

i heard that some towns have an "under 12" rule. i think that around 13 or 14 is when you should think about handing out candy instead of going out- which, btw, can be just as fun if you are in costume while doing so. what i really cant stand is the teenagers (and some creepy- and not in the good way- adults) that don't dress up but still go out (i hand out candy and save the old nasty stuff for those people). i get it if the older teen/ adult is with a little kid, but them going out for themselves? yah, um, no thank you.

by beingbek on 10/16/2011 12:59:08 PM

I'm 15 and I think I'm going to go this year, but I'm pretty tall so that kinda stinks for trick or treating.

by fallsb-ball on 10/16/2011 12:20:31 PM

I'm having a party the Saturday before Halloween, and going trick or treating on Halloween in a huge group.
MODMODMODMOD
For halloween I want to be something a little scary but really cute too. I was thinking things like a witch (which I've been before but could do again) or like Wednesday from The Addams Family. Do you have any better ideas? Thanks!

Hey girlie,

Ooo, I love the idea of being Wednesday! You could also be a cute vampire, a mummy (but don't cover up your face), or Little Red Riding Hood!
Lauren C.

by miaboo123 on 10/16/2011 9:18:56 AM

If you want to go trick-or-treating whose stopping you!?
So maybe you don't have to go around asking for candy, but you could always walk around with your buds!

by orangeache on 10/16/2011 8:29:46 AM

your never to old for trick-or-treating unless your over the age of 18

by ms.momiji on 10/16/2011 7:53:58 AM

I'm 13 and decided not to trick-or-treat this year, but I'm still going to walk around the neighborhood with my parents and little bro.

by allyson1124 on 10/16/2011 12:11:15 AM

junior high? are you kidding? my sister is 19 and she still goes trick or treating, and I am 14 and plan on going for a while. But we are a weird family, I suppose.

by beachgirl324 on 10/15/2011 10:55:21 PM

I don't think I'm dressing up this year...I had a halloween party last year but I can't have one this year, so I'm skipping this year and having an awesome one next year(:

by Rgirl12 on 10/15/2011 10:46:45 PM

MOD
Ok so i wanted to be Ke$ha for halloween, because i wanted to do fun make-up and clothes, but my mom doesn't think shes approprite. I wan to do a costume with really fun, wild clothes and make-up. Any ideas? (please no zombies) THANK YOU!

Hey girlie,

Instead of being Ke$ha, why not compromise and be a pop star? That way, you can go totally crazy - sequins, tutus, bright colors, torn sleeves, tights, heels, glitter, etc. without being a specific pop star that doesn't represent the best/healthiest of lifestyles! See how mom feels about that. You could also be a peacock or parrot (bright colors, lots of ruffles for feathers, cool makeup opportunities) or a fairy!
Lauren C.

by spicyllamachick2120 on 10/15/2011 9:40:15 PM

I'm almost 14 (in November) and I plan on going this year. Smile Maybe all the way through high school even. In this day and age, it isn't so uncommon for older teenagers to trick-or-treat. It's especially fine if you're going with a group of friends, I see it all the time in my neighborhood! Love love love Halloween. <3 Smile

by Athelas on 10/15/2011 9:39:50 PM

I stopped trick-or-treating when I was in the 4th or 5th grade, but that doesn't mean I've stopped celebrating Halloween altogether! Halloween is one of my favorite holidays! I love watching scary movies, going on haunted hayrides through the woods, and dressing up and going to dances/parties. (:

by babygirl1999 on 10/15/2011 9:27:34 PM

One of my friends stopped trick or treating when she was eight. But If I were you girl, just embrace your inner halloween spirit and have a good time! If it's just putting on a a Halloween shirt or transforming into Hermione, enjoy yourself! Or go with some friends and all of you can dress up as the same person ! Whatever you do on Halloween just enjoy yourself!

Jessy4132001

by Jessy4132001 on 10/15/2011 9:13:18 PM

I think that once you hit the age of 13 you might not want to go trick or treating.

by Gizmo001155 on 10/15/2011 7:17:13 PM

MOD MOD MOD I kinda already asked but she said that she got "invited" and stuff! and i dont have any relatives that live near me!

Mhmm double check one more time with your friends, to see if at least one of them can go. If you have any classmates you're cool with, see if they wana hang out. Also ask some of your neighbors that you're friends with. Smile Smile

Lynae P.

by zeus11 on 10/15/2011 7:13:55 PM

MOD MOD MOD Ok so I really want to go trick or treating this year but my friend that i go with every year was invited to go with a group and now i have no one to go with... i asked some other friends but idk if they can go...what should i do?! thx!!

Hey chica, ask your friend if you can tag along with her and her group. Do you have any relatives you could go with?? Smile Smile

Lynae P.

by zeus11 on 10/15/2011 7:07:55 PM

im almost in high school and im still trick-or-treating i do take breaks and give out candy so my uncle jesse doesnt hurt himself because he cant walk and its harder for him so me and my sisters help him and my aunt because they are older like in there sixties but they still hold every holiday at their house but i do trick-or-treat

by teamrachel1115 on 10/15/2011 5:57:02 PM

MOD! There's a guy I met last year that super obviously liked me and I thought that I liked him but I figured out that I just really liked the fact that he liked me, if you know what I mean. So we went out for like two weeks, which was mostly just texting and on the phone because it was summer and neither of us had our licenses, then I broke up with him and we kinda stopped talking. We talk a little bit but now it's still totally obvious he still likes me and I'm not sure what to do. My close friends don't like him and always tell me not to talk to him but I don't want to just blow him off all the time.

Hey girly, I have defintely been here before. They like you, you don't like them or not as more than a friend, but you don't want to be mean. I've found the longer you keep them thinking you like them back and that there's a possibility for a relationship, the harder it is to break things off. You can still be friends with him, just let him know you don't think you guys should date. Tell him you think you guys would be better off as friends than boyfriend and girlfriend. Maybe find another friend to hook him up with. Hope this helps!!!! Smile Smile

Lynae P.

by smileysevvie on 10/15/2011 5:49:27 PM

MODMODMODMODMOD! I notice that between my flaps "down there" I had some weird gunk in between them,kind of a light yellow. Do I need to wash the flaps more often? Is this normal? What do I do? Thanks in advance!

Hey chica, mhmm wonder what it could be. Yeah I would defintely wash more often, and if it doesn't go away I'd call the doctor. It's probably nothing serious, but just to be on the safe side. Smile Smile

Lynae P.
Lynae P.

by bee309 on 10/15/2011 5:37:46 PM

Halloween is my FAVORITE holiday- a night when i can become someone else entirely and get free candy out of it! I say that when ya reach college, ok, that's too old. But just cuz ya hit puberty or are in high school doesn't mean you should stop going door to door! (Although Halloween really goes against everything we've been taught our whole lives- yeah, let's all dress up weird and get candy from strangers at night, kids!)
Everyone, have a safe halloween!

by i♥drama on 10/15/2011 5:15:28 PM

Your so not to old to trick or treat! This year i decided not too but my friends still are. And if u decide not too u can give hand out candy or throw a party like they said! whatever u do i hope u have bunches of fun! Smile)

by taylorswiftfan1233 on 10/15/2011 4:48:36 PM

I mean, my sister's a sophomore and she's still dressing up and going trick or treating....

by girlsliferocksss98 on 10/15/2011 4:21:20 PM

Hey girls! Smile

Ask me advice on anything! I'm always here to help!

Please, join my club "Amazing Quotes" and help reach my goal of 100 members!
Thanks!

by facebooker1240 on 10/15/2011 2:35:24 PM

@ Harry-Potter-Fan. Wow that is sooooooo stupid! I feel sorry 4 you. I just started middle school (7th grade) and I am going trick or treating this year. Our school band is having a party and my friends and I are going to all dress up Smile

by lovetc247 on 10/15/2011 2:21:54 PM

My friends still trick-or-treat, and we're in high school. :p
I just like dressing up. It's fun.

by OMGabi on 10/15/2011 12:57:39 PM

My sister is 19 and still goes. and Im fifteen and still go. girl your okay. Matter of fact my sister is dressing up as a TMNT. (: and me as a pirate. All my friends go to.

by crabbycab on 10/15/2011 12:45:23 PM

mod mod!
i'm 13 kinda want to go trick or treating this year again, but i don't know what to be. nothing really scary but i don't want to look like a little kid. i love doing hair and make up so something that i could do a cute hair style with.
p.s. i don't want to be a pop star cuz i was that last year. Smile
thanks!

Hey girlie,

Try a peacock (you could wear awesome colors and do your makeup really bright with greens and blues), a playful witch (just a black dress and a black hat with cool makeup), a hippie, or a goddess!
Lauren C.

by gemstoneonyx on 10/15/2011 12:27:14 PM

me & my friends are in junior high and were going trick or treating this year!!Smile my boyfriend and his friends say theyre too old for it, but me & my friends think differently! haha im really excitedSmile)

by baileybluu on 10/15/2011 12:10:16 PM

Im a freshman and people in my school that are seniors still go! Haha ill be that 20 year old still trick or treating!

by haleyhay3 on 10/15/2011 12:01:33 PM

I'm almost 13 and I think I'm too old to trick or treat, but I still want to dress up and pass out candy Smile

by Sheyenne on 10/15/2011 11:33:01 AM

In our town, they passed an ordinance that says that kids over 12 can't go trick-or-treating. No candy for me Frown.

by Harry-Potter-Fan on 10/15/2011 11:26:51 AM

um..never nobody can really tell how old you are especially if your wearing a mask or tons of make-up

by swimmerchic96 on 10/15/2011 10:24:41 AM

Im not stopping till im a senior in high school! Im not kidding. Im in 6th grade. its free candy!!! come on! who doesnt love that!

by foodiejr99 on 10/15/2011 9:43:38 AM

I'm a freshman in highschool and I'm definitely going trick or treating! u should go trick or treating!

by JaneAusten on 10/15/2011 9:30:45 AM

I'm 14, and a freshman in highschool, and I'm still trick or treating this year--and I don't plan to stop anytime soon ;)

by annabann7 on 10/15/2011 9:03:10 AM

I will trick or treat until high school at least.

by kewauneegal on 10/15/2011 8:59:07 AM

I don't go trick or treating, one, because I live in the country, and my neighbors are like a half mile away from me, two, my grandparents give me candy anyway, and three, I live in Wisconsin, and by Halloween it's like 40... and that's a little cold.
But, I love carving pumpkins.

by jennal923 on 10/15/2011 8:44:37 AM

Who says we gotta stop trick or treating?

by BriannaM911 on 10/15/2011 7:14:39 AM

Hey girlies out there!!
i love giving advice! i can give advice on:
boys,
school,
teachers,
family,
makeup,
fashion,
hair,
friends,
bullies,
well anything really Smile stop by mr profile and leave any questions for me and i will be sure to get back to u in about one day. never later than 3 days unless anounced. Smile
love,
claraton0202 oxox

by claraton0202 on 10/15/2011 2:09:47 AM

I just started seventh grade at a jr high, and I feel exactly the same way! Im just going to go around with a friend, and maybe find some of my neighborhood friends and hang out with their group! Atleast I have someone to do it with! Besides, we are probably just going to hang out.

by LAS625 on 10/15/2011 1:44:53 AM

OK chicas, let us get one thing straight. You're going in to middle school yeah? So like 6th grade? YEAH? I'm a freshmen and my friends and I have already been trick or treating out Junior High years away. This year we are having a halloween PARTY and then going trick or treating. I don't know if it's different where you live or what, but until you're 18 and people still want to trick or treat with you, I say go for it!

by mdo556 on 10/15/2011 1:37:45 AM

i went trick or treating in middle school. your never too old for free candy xD im in high school now and wondering if i should or not lol

by oreo9347 on 10/15/2011 12:40:11 AM

That's right, you're never too old to <3 Halloween! This year's my 1st year of middle school, and I considered not going trick or treating this year. But I love my candy Smile so I"m going to trick or treat this year. Even though this will probably be my last year trick or treating,I'll still love Halloween! Smile <3

by kaylarocks2000 on 10/15/2011 12:18:29 AM