AN HOUR AGO OMG @DebbyRyan's getting married?! http://t.co/zZV6J1Sif3

2 HOURS AGO These outfits totally making us miss summer: http://t.co/u8rBfa0cUc

3 HOURS AGO Who else is tired of their makeup fading after like one hour? We've got the beauty fix: http://t.co/Mm69I8dA4Z

COMMENTS

Prepping for "the talk"

Do I really need to sit through it with Mom and Dad if I already know what they’re gonna say?

I've never had "the talk" from my parents and I honestly don't think they plan on giving it to me since I kinda figured it out wayy before....lol :p

by pinkandlime on 10/20/2011 7:42:01 AM

Here's how health class goes:
1/3 off the students are literally choking themselves trying not to laugh, 1/3 are answering questions and reading out loud, and another 1/3 are really pale and look like there gonna barf.

by spicyllamachick2120 on 10/20/2011 1:05:07 AM

Weird but WE Need to KNOW!

It all can be kind of awkward, even with my mom who is very open it can be weird at times talking about stuff. But we are so open and find a way, I think the weirdest is to talk about masturbation and why we do it or want to do it. Its just awkward.

The weirdest ever in school was last year when our teacher showed us actual STD pictures, and it was all actual pictures of guy's 'down there' areas. Our teacher was so great and she was so open but my friends and I still talk about seeing close ups of 10 different naked guys, and some were even shaved, eww! But that is stuff we all need to know about, awkward or not.

by luckykel on 10/19/2011 11:44:40 PM

Ya we got that a long time ago. 4th grade. Now that I'm in the seventh grade we do life science and our last unit is human reproduction. So we get to talk about sex. The boys in my class make random comments bout it all the time.... A whole 2 weeks with immature boys oh goody! NOT!

by Stormynow on 10/19/2011 10:31:38 PM

MOD MOD MOD Okay this fer real is the fourth time i am tryimg to post this, it hasnt been posted before and all three were spread out in the past month and i check up frequently and they havent been posted but you all are busy and i realize that so its okay!! Alright so i definitely think i have some sort of vagina infection cuz i have intense itching, burning, swelling, discharge, and overall discomfort. I've had this for around a month but i think a little over. It makes me sooo nervous cuz i just hate talkin bout that stuff. But yeahhh im guessing that i will have to inform her cuz its not gonna go away on its own so i will suck it up and tell her(i dont want to write a note.) But i kinda have a few dillemas! One, i shave down there but my mom doesnt know and idk if a doc will say anything bout that and i dont want it to be weird! Also my mom and doc might be annoyed that ive waited over a month to say something. And my doctor is a boy. Thanks so much!!

Hey chicky, you need to get checked out as soon as possible. No need to be embarassed about shaving. I'm sure that doctor sees many women with lots of different issues, so your shaving won't phase him at all. And your mom is a woman so she'll be able to help you out in that area. No worries just let them know! Hope you feel better!! Smile Smile

Lynae P.

by Heepwah123 on 10/19/2011 8:28:29 PM

I got the talk from my dad. Awkward....

by cdsteakrox on 10/19/2011 7:52:33 PM

I got the talk like 4 months ago now we are learning about sex in class. No one else has had the talk yet so they are all grossed out. Just like I hit puberty earlier so I knew everything. Don't worry its actually not that bad. You will be glad once you get it.Its better than not having it like my friend lost her virginity when she was 12 so I am glad I had the talk early. IM 13 BTW

by polkadotruby7 on 10/19/2011 7:27:45 PM

The 1 week we have that talk and the the "talk (boy)" talk at school I had to have my tonsils taken out. And I would never talk about this with my mom. It's just toooooo weird, she doesn't mind but I do.
Now i dont think we get another one of either of those talks in school.
I know all the basics but i dont know details

by Fab Cali Kajun on 10/19/2011 6:31:26 PM

just talk the truth. Be straight forward. THey will understand your questions or courisity Smile

by oreolover123 on 10/19/2011 6:26:45 PM

my school just said take showers alot and wear deo. thanks alot middle school boy dont they know how to help...;) well the way i learned is by my very open mother who i can talk to about anything well yeah i got to sit for 2 HOURS! just talking about my body how and why its changing THEN she decided to tell me how and why boys are changing thats not even the scary part she JUST HAD TO draw the genetals! to our and boys bodies ON MY MATH NOTEBOOK i forgot to rip out the page and i got introuble at school for having innapropriate drawing or obscene drawings i told them what it was from and they said they dont care im to young to learn about this stuff IM 13!

by cloie61 on 10/19/2011 6:25:46 PM