Bridget M.

is modding

36 MINUTES AGO This throwback Christmas pic of @FifthHarmony is die for #SOCUTE: http://t.co/9GKHuKVpHl #5H #harmonizers

1 HOURS AGO Potato pancakes > everything: http://t.co/ESlr2xcUjm

2 HOURS AGO The prettiest #plussize dresses for the holiday season: http://t.co/P3LO5eO3iu

COMMENTS

Prepping for "the talk"

Do I really need to sit through it with Mom and Dad if I already know what they’re gonna say?

Hey swearias, I guess I kind of know what it's like: I love taking care of babies. But enjoy your freedom while you can! Trust me, 12 is a great year! Think about this: you wouldn't be able to see your friends at all because whenever you have ANY time AT ALL it is spent with the baby. And trust me, you may think that "when the baby is sleeping I will" but noooo you will be EXHAUSTED so you will sleep too TRUST ME. Just enjoy being young! But while you are waiting, it sounds like babysitting is perfect for you! Take a class, the Red Cross provides a wonderful class that will help you understand, and it reassures the parents that you know what you are doing! Try to get the news out there, and ask your parents to tell their friends who have children. Trust me, after you watch a few kids for a while, you will love it, but at the end you will realize that you do not want that constantly. Always ask your parents before putting out an ad to people that you don't know! Hope I helped!

by mainbunny1 on 6/14/2012 6:03:35 PM

WHAT IS MOD!?

by swearias on 5/27/2012 12:14:49 AM

Im only 12 but i want a baby. I get that it'll cry all the time and that i have no time an are too young plus i have no bf to get my there but i WANT A CHILD

HELP PLZ and real help not blah blah adult answears

by swearias on 5/27/2012 12:00:48 AM

OMG!!!!!!! I am freaking out I am in sixth grade almost seventh and I have not gotten my period yet! I am scared! I have discharge,pit hair, pubic hair I just havent had my period all my friends have gotten I want it so bad. I am scared about getting it in school help me please!!!!

by Glitter Dolphins on 5/12/2012 6:09:17 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!
Hey, uhhh, so puberty Ed starts next week and I don't want stuff to get awkward, uuuuuhh what should I do?

Hey girl,

It's a normal part of public school, and I'm sure everyone else is feeling as awkward as you are! Everyone has to go through it, so it will be fine Smile

Meghan D.

by guy gal on 5/11/2012 10:43:05 PM

Sometimes taking about it is easier than we think....

There are a lot of opportunities to talk with our moms about sex. With my mom, since there seems to be a lot of news about sex and teens, when we are together and hear it on tv or the radio we sometimes talk about it. Like this week we heard that teen pregnancy is the lowest its ever been in decades. And then they talked about how many of us are on birth control and how more and more guys are using condoms. So then we just started talking about it. That is a good way to start.

by luckykel on 4/12/2012 11:31:52 PM

whenever I try to ask my mom about sex I get scared and don't tell her but its killing me not asking her what should I do

by Tay j on 3/12/2012 7:19:17 PM

MOD MOD MOD. what is the average age that girls are supposed to know/ get taught about sex? im not sure if i am too young. p.s. not like i really want to know that stuff. it scares me

Hey babe,

There is no average age.  It's really whenever you're ready to learn about it.  Some schools take it upon themselves to teach it in Health classes.
Jordan S.

by katieoct30 on 3/12/2012 5:52:47 PM

MOD MOD MOD~♥
Okay,so i really like this guy,and I told my bestie,but she asked him if he liked me. He said yes,but he's afraid to ask me out,I Want to ask him,but I Don't wanna seem desperate.
HELP??

I suggest you talk to him. Just casually start a convo and get to know him. If hes more comfortable with you then he'll be more willing to ask you out. xoxo kerra

Kerra S.

by jjgirl1013 on 2/26/2012 7:36:01 PM

Hey spencer9800, I think some high schools include sex education as part of their cirrculum. I went to an arts high school but my friend who went to a public one took those classes. Hope this helps! Xoxo

by Lynae P. on 2/25/2012 8:14:13 PM

MOD MOD MOD,
Do you know if high schools are required to teach sex ed? I am home-schooled now, but I'm going to a real high - school next year and I was just wondering...

by spencer9800 on 2/25/2012 7:54:08 PM

Mod, Is it weird that I talk to my friends about my period? and how do you ask a nurse for a pad at school? <3 Guila

Hey swifty#1, nope not weird at all. It's good to have people you can relate to about things like that. Sometimes you and your gals will be on your period at the same time so you can help each other out. Just pull the nurse to the side and ask for a sanitary napkin. Hope this helps!! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by swifty#1 on 2/10/2012 4:37:04 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!
Okay so tonight when I came back from hanging out with my friends I went to the bathroom and found a brown spot in my underwear. Could this be my period or something else? I have been having cramps over the past few days but tonight I had no symptoms or anything? Help pleaseSmile

Hey girlie,

That def sounds like it could be the beginning of your period! The cramps especially are a clue it could be starting. Usually, periods start off light (and either light pink/brown in color), then become heavy and red, then go back to light before they stop. So try wearing a pantyliner and seeing if there's any more pink/brown over the next day! Then you'll be able to tell for sure Smile
Lauren C.

by KatieBieber on 11/13/2011 12:09:11 AM

HEY!! join my clubs "Nerd Herd" and "Love Unrequited" thanks! Smile oo

by loveTC247 on 10/29/2011 6:40:24 PM

Hey girls!

I’d love to help you with anything you need, I love giving advice! Just comment on my profile!

Also, please help me reach my goal of 100 members by joining my club, Amazing Quotes! It’d be greatly appreciated! Smile

by facebooker1240 on 10/21/2011 3:21:22 PM

MODMODMOD!!
Hi! So my mom is an alcoholic, and she's been sober for about 2 months....leading up to last night. Last night she got drunk. Like, REALLY drunk. Like, run around the house hlf-naked and laughing really creepily and being really weird drunk. I'm used to it, but I'd thought it was over, because my mom was so determined to say sober, she was going to AA meetings and everything. She's REALLY hungover today, and my little sister is totally kissing up to her. I'm not, because she keeps trying to talk to me, but I've heard her apoligizes tens of hundreds of times before, and I'm done with it. I've basically avoided her all day, and barely said two words to her. I know that I'm punishing her by doing that. I'm going tent camping with my BFF, her mom, my sis, and my mom and dad. I want my mom to know that I'm not willing to accept her appoligises anymore, and she's completetly blown all trust with me- not that there was any in the first place.What should I do while camping?

Hey girl,

Talk to her before going camping so you don't have a major blow-up in front of your BFF and her fam. Tell her you really hoped she would turn it around this time and, while you understand it's extremely hard (remember - alcoholism is a disease and it's not easy to kick the habit. It's not just like saying "Oh, I don't need that piece of chocolate" and putting it back, because alcohol trains our brains and bodies to actually physically need it)... anyway, tell her while you understand it's extremely hard, you also need her to be there for you and to follow through on the promises she makes. Tell her your family is her support system and if she's feeling weak, she needs to talk to you guys or do something to distract herself. And bring up the trust - tell her it broke your heart that she went back on this promise and you're really having a hard time imagining trusting her again. This will definitely affect her. Don't overly punish her for this, but make sure she knows where you're coming from. This is a serious problem and she needs to know there are people who are affected by it besides her <3
Lauren C.

by uni301 on 10/20/2011 8:07:30 PM

I'm in 7th grade, and I haven't had health yet but my friends has and all we do is art projects(well, stuff like that) and talks about nutrition basically. We only talk about the awkward stuff at the end for like a few days

by stargirl12345 on 10/20/2011 8:05:46 PM

when we get to that stuff in my health class it will be even more awkward because my health teacher is a male and i sit by the kid ive known since i was one (boy)and to my other side the boy i dated over the summer. awkward

by cupcake95234 on 10/20/2011 4:32:14 PM

I'm in 7th grade and we have health next year in 8th grade, but I cannot see our health teacher EVER talking about that. (she is my softball coach so it would seem weird)

My mom is really open to talking about that stuff, so I'm really not worried about that stuff.

by nerdisthewurd26 on 10/20/2011 4:08:26 PM

ok so this year...btw im in 7th grade and im really worried about sitting through a whole lesson on sex and periods and other stuff....especially with the boys in my class who are really immature

by sweetheart118 on 10/20/2011 3:03:29 PM

I've never had "the talk" from my parents and I honestly don't think they plan on giving it to me since I kinda figured it out wayy before....lol :p

by pinkandlime on 10/20/2011 7:42:01 AM

Here's how health class goes:
1/3 off the students are literally choking themselves trying not to laugh, 1/3 are answering questions and reading out loud, and another 1/3 are really pale and look like there gonna barf.

by spicyllamachick2120 on 10/20/2011 1:05:07 AM

Weird but WE Need to KNOW!

It all can be kind of awkward, even with my mom who is very open it can be weird at times talking about stuff. But we are so open and find a way, I think the weirdest is to talk about masturbation and why we do it or want to do it. Its just awkward.

The weirdest ever in school was last year when our teacher showed us actual STD pictures, and it was all actual pictures of guy's 'down there' areas. Our teacher was so great and she was so open but my friends and I still talk about seeing close ups of 10 different naked guys, and some were even shaved, eww! But that is stuff we all need to know about, awkward or not.

by luckykel on 10/19/2011 11:44:40 PM

Ya we got that a long time ago. 4th grade. Now that I'm in the seventh grade we do life science and our last unit is human reproduction. So we get to talk about sex. The boys in my class make random comments bout it all the time.... A whole 2 weeks with immature boys oh goody! NOT!

by Stormynow on 10/19/2011 10:31:38 PM

MOD MOD MOD Okay this fer real is the fourth time i am tryimg to post this, it hasnt been posted before and all three were spread out in the past month and i check up frequently and they havent been posted but you all are busy and i realize that so its okay!! Alright so i definitely think i have some sort of vagina infection cuz i have intense itching, burning, swelling, discharge, and overall discomfort. I've had this for around a month but i think a little over. It makes me sooo nervous cuz i just hate talkin bout that stuff. But yeahhh im guessing that i will have to inform her cuz its not gonna go away on its own so i will suck it up and tell her(i dont want to write a note.) But i kinda have a few dillemas! One, i shave down there but my mom doesnt know and idk if a doc will say anything bout that and i dont want it to be weird! Also my mom and doc might be annoyed that ive waited over a month to say something. And my doctor is a boy. Thanks so much!!

Hey chicky, you need to get checked out as soon as possible. No need to be embarassed about shaving. I'm sure that doctor sees many women with lots of different issues, so your shaving won't phase him at all. And your mom is a woman so she'll be able to help you out in that area. No worries just let them know! Hope you feel better!! Smile Smile

Lynae P.

by Heepwah123 on 10/19/2011 8:28:29 PM

I got the talk from my dad. Awkward....

by cdsteakrox on 10/19/2011 7:52:33 PM

I got the talk like 4 months ago now we are learning about sex in class. No one else has had the talk yet so they are all grossed out. Just like I hit puberty earlier so I knew everything. Don't worry its actually not that bad. You will be glad once you get it.Its better than not having it like my friend lost her virginity when she was 12 so I am glad I had the talk early. IM 13 BTW

by polkadotruby7 on 10/19/2011 7:27:45 PM

The 1 week we have that talk and the the "talk (boy)" talk at school I had to have my tonsils taken out. And I would never talk about this with my mom. It's just toooooo weird, she doesn't mind but I do.
Now i dont think we get another one of either of those talks in school.
I know all the basics but i dont know details

by Fab Cali Kajun on 10/19/2011 6:31:26 PM

just talk the truth. Be straight forward. THey will understand your questions or courisity Smile

by oreolover123 on 10/19/2011 6:26:45 PM

my school just said take showers alot and wear deo. thanks alot middle school boy dont they know how to help...;) well the way i learned is by my very open mother who i can talk to about anything well yeah i got to sit for 2 HOURS! just talking about my body how and why its changing THEN she decided to tell me how and why boys are changing thats not even the scary part she JUST HAD TO draw the genetals! to our and boys bodies ON MY MATH NOTEBOOK i forgot to rip out the page and i got introuble at school for having innapropriate drawing or obscene drawings i told them what it was from and they said they dont care im to young to learn about this stuff IM 13!

by cloie61 on 10/19/2011 6:25:46 PM

Already got talk. And they haven't taught me. (Thankfully)

by indesicive1 on 10/19/2011 5:27:27 PM