Bridget M.

is modding

37 MINUTES AGO #LastMinuteGifts under 20 bucks...GO!!! http://t.co/Wa56z6wIec

1 HOURS AGO Xmas is Thurs, so it's only right that you peep this week's #horoscopes. Will you get what you've been wishing for? http://t.co/TB5kfiiUF9

2 HOURS AGO #DIY coasters for you besties (their mom's will all thank you): http://t.co/bpbD9nmJLW

COMMENTS

Boo! Babysitting fun for Halloween

6 silly ways to celebrate the spookiest day of the year with your sitting charges

mod
ok so this is kind of hard to explain but-
my sister has a two year old daughter, with another girl due in april! she has a husband who is a stay at home dad, and we were talking about me living with her and help watching the kids in the summer. Right now she is living with my parents until she can save up enough money to move out, but she says she will be moved in by the beginning of summer. Anyways, I was wondering how to persuade my parents into letting me do this. I'm only 11 years old, and im turning 12 in August. What if I told them that I could come home on weekends? Thx

Hey Chica,

While I don't know the entirety of your family's situation, most parents wouldn't want their 12 year-old daughter out of the house. This would probably be hard to convince them to allow, but if you feel it has a chance, then you need to be as mature as possible to show them that you can be independent. The fact that you would be living with your sister might help you out, so you could try to get her to help your case. However, it's fairly unrealistic that they would let you on your own, even if you did come home on weekends. Caring for children is a hard job, and you should be enjoying your youth while you have it. If you have to stay at home, find the positives in still living with your parents, and maybe think about seeing your sis on the weekends.
Rachel N.

by lizziefizzie on 11/30/2011 10:44:35 AM

I emailed one of my babysitting clients, to see if she was interested in me walking her 9 year old son home from school and babysitting him for a couple hours once a week. I did that for them last year until the summer started, and the family is very nice, but my only problem is I know NOTHING about what I should do with a 9 year old boy for hours...do you have any ideas? We usually end up playing legos,(which I hate) or playing wii or watching tv. I have tried bringing over more active wii games of mine to have him play, but he hasn't been interested in any of them. I have also suggested board games, but we always end up with legos in his room. Do you have any ideas of things I could do with a 9 year old boy? Thank you for your time! Smile

Hey girl,

You might hate the stuff he enjoys, but this babysitting gig is a job - you have to do what entertains him and passes the time so you can get paid! Playing legos, playing video games, helping him with his homework, playing tag or a fun make-believe game in the backyard, sports like soccer or basketball, etc. will all be fun for him. You'll have to put your own preferences aside for a few hours so you can make him (and his parents) happy!
Lauren C.

by cass6789 on 10/23/2011 12:16:24 PM

MOD MOD
How old do you have to be to be a "moderator" like you?! I would love to be able to be an intern for GL but I don't think I can! Is there any way I could?

Hey girlie,

To become a mod, you have to be at least 18 years old. But we have some short working opportunities for girlies 12 years old and up! If you live in our area, give it a shot. Get more information here!
Lauren C.

by rellim on 10/22/2011 11:39:24 PM

Mod Mod Mod
I dont breakout alot but i still use 3 different products for when i do. I have a pore cleansing thing from neutrogena, a hydrating/cleansing soap, and an on-the-spot acne treament from neutrogena. I've heard that if you use too many products on your face it will dry out your skin and make your pores produce more oil than they need to. Im afraid this might happen to me. Am i using too many products? And if i am which of these 3 should i stop using? thanks

Hey girlie,

Do you use all three every single day? If so, it does sound like too much. Personally, I'd stick with the hydrating/cleansing soap once or twice a day. Use the on-the-spot treatment when you have a particular bad breakout (or big single pimples), and kick the pore refining cleanser to the curb. Smile
Lauren C.

by cupcakecherry776 on 10/22/2011 11:31:20 PM

Mod Mod Mod
I didn't plan anything for my Halloween costume yet. I was thinking to do something with friends where we all have fake mustaches. What are cute outfit/accesory ideas to go with that? Any crazy ideas are appreciated (: Thanks!

Hey chica,

Cute idea! You could all be western cowboys with mustaches, cowboy hats, plaid shirts, denim, and boots. You could also be magicians with black blazers, skinny black jeans, white or red tank tops, and big top hats! You could be "French," wear berets and striped 3/4 sleeve tops. You could be Super Mario Bros too Smile
Lauren C.

by tennisluv101 on 10/22/2011 10:37:50 PM

MOD MOD MOD! Hi,I've been babysitting my baby cousins alone,sometimes with others,and now I'm ready to babysit other parent's kids. How do I get myself out-there while being safe?

Hey girly, get your parents and friends to spread the word. Tell them to let their friends and family know you babysit. Making flyers wouldn't hurt either. Just be sure you and your parents meet the people you'll be babysitting for, and only reach out to people in the same neighbor, or who aren't too far away. Hope this helps!!! Smile Smile

Lynae P.

by iluvmusic♥ on 10/22/2011 7:50:21 PM

Hey Girlies! Want to be part of a fabulous club with other girls? Then join my club 'Girls Rule'! We'll discuss fun topics, fashion advice, music, boys, drama solutions, and tons of other spectacular topics! Come to receive advice or just have a great time making new friends! Thx in Advance! Smile
XoXo,
*MusicGirl16*

by *MusicGirl16* on 10/22/2011 7:42:37 PM

I like to help the kids make Halloween crafts, like paper pumpkins and stuff that they can hang up around the house.

by supersingershannon on 10/22/2011 10:49:26 AM

I am so happy I dont have to babysit for halloween, if you have to you have to but I plan on having fun with my besties. I was to be with my bf but that isnt to be. I feel he is standing me up but he has to be with his parents at some party. Have fun watching the young ones, and make the best of it.

by luckykel on 10/21/2011 9:52:34 PM

MOD MOD MOD~
I'm 14 and tomorrow night I'm going to be babysitting a 6 year old and 3 year old for about 4 hours. It's my first time babysitting, do you have any tips?

Hey girlie,

The biggest piece of advice is something that sounds pretty simple: stay calm. You're going to run into scrapes, screaming, fighting, and things not always going your way (or kids not always listening to you). And you'll just have to take a deep breath and work well under pressure in order to figure out how to fix it! As for specific things to bring/do with the kids, don't forget to check out our Babysitting category of articles for tons of tips!
Lauren C.