12 HOURS AGO 20 tricks for squashing school stress: http://t.co/kUvA73dtXa

13 HOURS AGO How to deal with untrue and embarrassing rumors: http://t.co/pNgcaDsOup

13 HOURS AGO 5 fall inspired smoothies to try now http://t.co/oJExccTLYu

COMMENTS

Boo! Babysitting fun for Halloween

6 silly ways to celebrate the spookiest day of the year with your sitting charges

mod
ok so this is kind of hard to explain but-
my sister has a two year old daughter, with another girl due in april! she has a husband who is a stay at home dad, and we were talking about me living with her and help watching the kids in the summer. Right now she is living with my parents until she can save up enough money to move out, but she says she will be moved in by the beginning of summer. Anyways, I was wondering how to persuade my parents into letting me do this. I'm only 11 years old, and im turning 12 in August. What if I told them that I could come home on weekends? Thx

Hey Chica,

While I don't know the entirety of your family's situation, most parents wouldn't want their 12 year-old daughter out of the house. This would probably be hard to convince them to allow, but if you feel it has a chance, then you need to be as mature as possible to show them that you can be independent. The fact that you would be living with your sister might help you out, so you could try to get her to help your case. However, it's fairly unrealistic that they would let you on your own, even if you did come home on weekends. Caring for children is a hard job, and you should be enjoying your youth while you have it. If you have to stay at home, find the positives in still living with your parents, and maybe think about seeing your sis on the weekends.
Rachel N.

by lizziefizzie on 11/30/2011 10:44:35 AM

I emailed one of my babysitting clients, to see if she was interested in me walking her 9 year old son home from school and babysitting him for a couple hours once a week. I did that for them last year until the summer started, and the family is very nice, but my only problem is I know NOTHING about what I should do with a 9 year old boy for hours...do you have any ideas? We usually end up playing legos,(which I hate) or playing wii or watching tv. I have tried bringing over more active wii games of mine to have him play, but he hasn't been interested in any of them. I have also suggested board games, but we always end up with legos in his room. Do you have any ideas of things I could do with a 9 year old boy? Thank you for your time! Smile

Hey girl,

You might hate the stuff he enjoys, but this babysitting gig is a job - you have to do what entertains him and passes the time so you can get paid! Playing legos, playing video games, helping him with his homework, playing tag or a fun make-believe game in the backyard, sports like soccer or basketball, etc. will all be fun for him. You'll have to put your own preferences aside for a few hours so you can make him (and his parents) happy!
Lauren C.

by cass6789 on 10/23/2011 12:16:24 PM

MOD MOD
How old do you have to be to be a "moderator" like you?! I would love to be able to be an intern for GL but I don't think I can! Is there any way I could?

Hey girlie,

To become a mod, you have to be at least 18 years old. But we have some short working opportunities for girlies 12 years old and up! If you live in our area, give it a shot. Get more information here!
Lauren C.

by rellim on 10/22/2011 11:39:24 PM

Mod Mod Mod
I dont breakout alot but i still use 3 different products for when i do. I have a pore cleansing thing from neutrogena, a hydrating/cleansing soap, and an on-the-spot acne treament from neutrogena. I've heard that if you use too many products on your face it will dry out your skin and make your pores produce more oil than they need to. Im afraid this might happen to me. Am i using too many products? And if i am which of these 3 should i stop using? thanks

Hey girlie,

Do you use all three every single day? If so, it does sound like too much. Personally, I'd stick with the hydrating/cleansing soap once or twice a day. Use the on-the-spot treatment when you have a particular bad breakout (or big single pimples), and kick the pore refining cleanser to the curb. Smile
Lauren C.

by cupcakecherry776 on 10/22/2011 11:31:20 PM

Mod Mod Mod
I didn't plan anything for my Halloween costume yet. I was thinking to do something with friends where we all have fake mustaches. What are cute outfit/accesory ideas to go with that? Any crazy ideas are appreciated (: Thanks!

Hey chica,

Cute idea! You could all be western cowboys with mustaches, cowboy hats, plaid shirts, denim, and boots. You could also be magicians with black blazers, skinny black jeans, white or red tank tops, and big top hats! You could be "French," wear berets and striped 3/4 sleeve tops. You could be Super Mario Bros too Smile
Lauren C.

by tennisluv101 on 10/22/2011 10:37:50 PM

MOD MOD MOD! Hi,I've been babysitting my baby cousins alone,sometimes with others,and now I'm ready to babysit other parent's kids. How do I get myself out-there while being safe?

Hey girly, get your parents and friends to spread the word. Tell them to let their friends and family know you babysit. Making flyers wouldn't hurt either. Just be sure you and your parents meet the people you'll be babysitting for, and only reach out to people in the same neighbor, or who aren't too far away. Hope this helps!!! Smile Smile

Lynae P.

by iluvmusic♥ on 10/22/2011 7:50:21 PM

Hey Girlies! Want to be part of a fabulous club with other girls? Then join my club 'Girls Rule'! We'll discuss fun topics, fashion advice, music, boys, drama solutions, and tons of other spectacular topics! Come to receive advice or just have a great time making new friends! Thx in Advance! Smile
XoXo,
*MusicGirl16*

by *MusicGirl16* on 10/22/2011 7:42:37 PM

I like to help the kids make Halloween crafts, like paper pumpkins and stuff that they can hang up around the house.

by supersingershannon on 10/22/2011 10:49:26 AM

I am so happy I dont have to babysit for halloween, if you have to you have to but I plan on having fun with my besties. I was to be with my bf but that isnt to be. I feel he is standing me up but he has to be with his parents at some party. Have fun watching the young ones, and make the best of it.

by luckykel on 10/21/2011 9:52:34 PM

MOD MOD MOD~
I'm 14 and tomorrow night I'm going to be babysitting a 6 year old and 3 year old for about 4 hours. It's my first time babysitting, do you have any tips?

Hey girlie,

The biggest piece of advice is something that sounds pretty simple: stay calm. You're going to run into scrapes, screaming, fighting, and things not always going your way (or kids not always listening to you). And you'll just have to take a deep breath and work well under pressure in order to figure out how to fix it! As for specific things to bring/do with the kids, don't forget to check out our Babysitting category of articles for tons of tips!
Lauren C.

by tvgirl247 on 10/21/2011 9:18:29 PM

Cool ideas! I may start babysitting my little cousin soon, so GL is a #1 idea resource! (:

by babygirl1999 on 10/21/2011 9:05:37 PM

Mod modmod!!!!
Urgent like answer sooooon!
My sis is having a party with like ten or so of her friends it started around 6:30 and people finished arriving around 7-7:30 anyhow i invited anfriend of mine so I wouldn't feel lonely but she couldnt come. I'm kinda bored and I kinda want to hang out with my sisters friends, theyre really funny! I'm in eighth grade and they are seniors in highschool, so how should I hang out with them. I'm in my room right now and they're downstairs. Or will it be akward with an eighth grader? Or should I just leave them alone? I said hi an stuff earlier but I hardly know any of them

Maybe pull your sister aside and ask her if you can hang out. Theyre prob gonna want some space later in the night but im sure she wouldnt mind you hanging out for a bit. Good luck! xoxo kerra
Kerra S.

by Lll328 on 10/21/2011 8:56:15 PM

The today, a few 8th graders (im a 7th grader) were taking pictures on photobooth, and I accidently got in the picture and they got mad at me and i didnt mean to and i apologized but theyre STILL mad at me!

Forget them. Theyre drama queens. You apologized and thats all you can do. It will blow over dont fret Smile xoxo kerra
Kerra S.

by bubblepower129 on 10/21/2011 6:28:13 PM

**MOD MOD**
could you paint pumpkins with a 9 month old baby? Smile I'm babysitting her and her 4 year old brother wednesday!

Hmm that seems a bit too much for that young of a baby. The 4 year old totally can. Get a smaller pumpkin and some toxic free finger paint for him to play with. As for the 9 month old im not sure. Maybe look up halloween crafts for babies online using google. xoxo kerra
Kerra S.

by livi23 on 10/21/2011 6:11:20 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
I have a problem, I need $400 by November 25th! How do I get that much money by then?

Hmm thats a bit hard to do. I suggest you get help from your parents. Thats prob the best way to figure it out. xoxo kerra
Kerra S.

by nerdisthewurd26 on 10/21/2011 6:06:59 PM

awesome ideas!

by nerdisthewurd26 on 10/21/2011 6:05:39 PM

So today we had a dance at school. My crush asked me to dance, and was totally acting like he likes me (twirling me, singing to me, it was so cute and cheesy), and I want to ask him if he does, but my friends have made it too awkward. They keep pressing the question (without me asking!) on him and he keeps saying no! I know he likes me. I seriously KNOW, but since he keeps saying no, I'm scared to just come out and say "I like you." What do you think I should do? Thank you (:

First of have your friends stop asking him. Nothing will make a guy stop liking a girl faster than annoying friends. He will move on fast as anything if they do not stop pestering him. Once you get them to stop just start talking to him and getting to know him. Once you do that youll be able to know what to do next. xoxo kerra
Kerra S.