7 HOURS AGO Skip the scars and heal your skin: http://t.co/oZ1zJSC0Wc

10 HOURS AGO Sleeping with makeup on? Talk about a big beauty no-no: http://t.co/dS4jko36NM

11 HOURS AGO The easiest move for totally toned thighs: http://t.co/Anf69Zawxq

COMMENTS

Should you add fartleks to your running routine?

Huh?! No, seriously, these racing tips just might be the thing to boost your endurance...

Fartleks? Wow. The name has suddenly triggered an immature side of me Smile

by Taekwondolover on 1/5/2013 12:48:18 AM

**** MOD MOD MOD MOD*****
So my friends say swimming isn't a sport, but I am a competitive swimmer and swim for about an hour and a half 5 dyas a week. Also, before every practice we do 30 minuetes of dryland(crunches, running, pushups, ect.) Does swimming burn calories and count as daily exersise? Er well enough exercise to stay fit?

Yes Smile

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by sydneyanne99 on 10/29/2011 12:49:30 PM

haha fartleks Smile

by fallsb-ball on 10/26/2011 6:02:14 PM

What is a work out to strengthen your arms? I have a resistance rope if there's moves with that.

Hey girl, I'd try some light weights too. There are lots of workouts that will help your arm strength with those.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by caye00 on 10/24/2011 5:57:17 PM

MODMODMODMOD
I need advice, I love to run and workout and all that, but my eating isn't the best. I've been a vegetarian for about 2 years so that helped, but every time I really try and make a lifestyle change, I always slip up and think "I'll do better next week". How can I stick to my plan? Also, I stress-fractured my foot so I'm in a boot and on crutches for 4 weeks, what are some workouts I can do in my situation?
Thanks!
CharleighS

Hey CharleighS,

Don't beat yourself up about what you've done in the past! It's super easy to mess up and go against the plan you've set for yourself. But you've learned how you felt when you did slip up - not very good, right? It kinda makes you feel guilty because you went off track. So keep that feeling in mind so you can try to avoid it! It's also smart not to deprive yourself of the junk foods/relaxation that can seem sooo tempting. Give yourself little reward times throughout the week - little pieces of chocolate here, a day without exercise there - to keep yourself going. That way, you indulge without going crazy and won't feel as guilty because it was built into your plan! As for workouts, you really need to ask your doc about this one. Since it's an injury, a professional opinion is the only one you should trust so you don't put extra stress on it!
Lauren C.

by CharleighS on 10/22/2011 10:16:39 PM

Hey Girlies! Want to be part of a fabulous club with other girls? Then join my club 'Girls Rule'! We'll discuss fun topics, fashion advice, music, boys, drama solutions, and tons of other spectacular topics! Come to receive advice or just have a great time making new friends! Thx in Advance! Smile
XoXo,
*MusicGirl16*

by *MusicGirl16* on 10/22/2011 7:37:41 PM

Modmodmod Can you be over weigh and still be healthy? Because i weigh 220, but I workout 3 times a week for an hour and a half each time. I don't eat healthy, but i don't eat insanely unhealthy, either. I wish I could eat healthier, but I hate healthy foods! What should I do about that? And my first question, too. (: thanks!

Hey chicky, I think so. Being over or under weight just means you don't weigh the average amount, some girls your height and age do. Sounds like you're in pretty good shape. Working out is great and you don't have to be a vegetarian or anything, just once in a while cut back on the sweets and greasy foods. You can start eating healthier by munching on fruits like grapes, strawberries and bananas  and veggies like carrots and broccoli with salad dressing for snacks. There are some really tasty healthy foods out there you just gotta find them. I like trail mix, granola bars, parfaits and salads. Hope this helps!! Smile Smile

Lynae P.

by EgirlH.97 on 10/22/2011 6:33:29 PM

I just went running yesterday and it was hard, I need to get back in shape, I am in a race so I have to train! Perfect timing for this article! Thanks Smile

by topchef88 on 10/22/2011 2:57:12 PM

i run cross country and i have to do these in races so i already practice them!

by scooby239 on 10/22/2011 12:57:04 PM

Good tips.....I need to start running in my off-season.

XOXO~Courtney <333333