3 HOURS AGO Look cool as ice in Anna & Elsa's hottest hairstyles #Frozen: http://t.co/zkJh1LxAEF

4 HOURS AGO 4 ways to totally remix your white tee: http://t.co/NylZ5Cylym

4 HOURS AGO RT @Fanlala: Learn the secrets to perfect skin care with @girlslifemag right here! http://t.co/GtREVj2dan

COMMENTS

My friends are using me!

They only want to hang out with me because I have cool things.

My friends like my brother and only want to come over when he is there! What do I do? Help please

by Glittery Zebra on 7/1/2012 3:21:27 AM

I really like this guy and i know he likes me. How do i hint to him that i like him to and want to go out?? Please help me! Felicity S.

Hey girl, try to give him every opportunity to ask you out. Talk to him whenever you can, and if you can get time alone with him, that's even better. Smile, laugh at his jokes, and touch his arm while you're chatting. If he's takin' too long still, there's nothing wrong with a girl asking a guy out, ya know. Smile
Carrie R.

by Felicity S. on 6/20/2012 3:22:17 PM

Hey Girl,
Going to new places with new people is always a challenge. To take your mind off of your worries, try setting a goal each day. Trust me, you'll be surprised by how many friends and new talents you'll meet. Understand that you can stick up for yourself and change how people are treating you. Express you and your talents and ignore people who are picking on you. They're immature and jealous, and if it really gets out of hand, say,"Guys, handle your own situations. It is completely immature to pick on me,especially since you're older." Good Luck.
P.S. You'll do great!Smile

by Felicity S. on 6/20/2012 3:18:53 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!
So I have a friend that lives on my street named Maddy, and she's a year younger than me. Her dad got this promotion. I thought it was great... until I realized she's moving to California and we live in Texas! I got this idea that she lived with us for a year, since then she could finish her Elementary school year and stay with her friends for a bit longer. She said she thought it was awesome and wants to do it, and we planned everything out and all. I was wondering how to present this idea to my mom and get a yes, since I would DIE without Maddy here. If you have any ways to get a yes, PLEASE PLEASE PLEEEAASSE TELL ME! Thanks!

Hey girlie,

I think you need to get your parents and Maddy's parents together on this one. This is a huge decision - and one that, to be honest, both sets of parents probably won't take seriously. It's not like Maddy has one year left to finish high school and then will move away to college - it's elementary school, so she will easily be able to catch up/settle in somewhere else. Also, imagine being away from your parents for an entire year - her parents will probably not be game. But if you really want to ask them, get them together and be mature about it. Tell them you know it sounds a little crazy but it would make a lot of sense for her to stay in the same school where she knows everyone, is comfortable and confident, is doing well, etc. Be genuine. There's no guarantee they'll be on board - but you never know if you don't try <3 (And don't forget about ways to stay in touch if she does move - phones, texts, emails, Skype, and real mail will all help to make sure you don't stop being friends!)

by Kenzay on 6/7/2012 6:04:51 PM

I have a crush on this guy at school and he says i'm his best friend, we always have a good time together too. Problem is, he already has a crush on this one girl, one of the 'Popular girls'. Why is it that guys seem to always like the 'popular girls' better than anyone else? I'm confused by this.

Hey babe, that's a classic question. And a lot of times, the guy doesn't necessarily like the girl - just her popularity. You just have to hope that he grows up and realizes that there are more definitions of "cool" than just the number of people who know your name.
Carrie R.

by agentcheese on 6/6/2012 3:12:00 PM

MOD!
umm.... this is awkward.... but my period leaked a few weeks ago in school. and everyone saw. between classes i went to the nurse to see if she had pants but the only ones she had were like 10 sizes to big, so i went into the bathroom with a friend and she let me tie her jacket around my waist.( which was against dress code ). when we walked into class we were 20 minutes late!! my teacher asked why and i explained it to her after class. people told me everyone was talking about it when i was gone.. and now everyone still makes fun of me for it like 3 weeks later.. HELP!!!!

Hey Girl!

Aw no, I'm sorry that sounds horrible!! I would tell people how embarrassed this makes you feel and ask if they could stop talking about it. And eventually people will forget, but don't worry about it too much because every girl has issues with her period at some time or another.

SarahO.

by maymay <3 on 6/1/2012 4:01:02 PM

MODMODMOD!!
My close friend (and singing buddy) is like my sister. I love her so much, but she's really irritating me. She flirts with MY crush that she's known about allll year, and hugs him and puts her arm around him and everything. My BFF said that he already knows i like him and that he likes me. but he doesn't talk to me much on fb or anything. i tried telling him on the last day, but im too scared. what do i do about my friend that keeps flirting with him, and how do i find out if he likes me without asking him flat out????
Thanks.

Hey girl,

Have you tried just talking to your close friend and telling her how you feel? If she's that great of a friend, she will understand that you're uncomfortable with how close she is to your crush. She might not even realize she's flirting with him, so she might just need you to help her realize. However, he isn't your boyfriend, so you can't demand that he be off limits. Wanna find out if he likes you? Check out this link: How to Tell if He's Really Into You. If all the signs are there, and you've hung out with him and want to take your friendship further, flirt back or ask HIM out!
Kelly G.

by lindseym3r5 on 6/1/2012 12:41:20 AM

MOD,
Hi, I just got out on the 24th and I officially graduated middle school!(: So next year, i'll be going to the highschool as a freshmen...... the hs here is huge, and im afraid of everyone being so much bigger than i am.... what do i do? also, our lunch periods are mixed up with people in all four grades, and i won't be able to sit with my friends because we may not have lunch the same periods Frown, also, the older kids will pick on me!thats what scares me! i'm terrified of highschool, because i'm always being bullied, and picked on, and bad stuff always happens to me!
Whats your advice on these situations?

Hey girlie,

Woohoo, congrats!!! High school only seems scary because it's unfamiliar - but really, it's not bad at all! First off, check out this article for tips on how to make the best of it:

You'll make lots of friends if you're out-going, get involved, and remember that EVERYONE is nervous, so there's nothing wrong with going up to a classmate and introducing yourself. As for the older kids, they won't pick on you if you carry yourself with confidence. High school is all about growing up, changing, and becoming the person you are - everyone is in the same boat, so stay strong, work hard, don't be afraid to talk to people and you will be fine!!! Smile

by lindseym3r5 on 6/1/2012 12:30:28 AM

Mod Mod!
I have this friend who was really awesome when I met her, but now she hangs out with the popular girl group. Obviously, I'm not in that group. She did this a lot before, and the group kinda "broke her heart". Whenever this happens she come running back to me. Should I forgive or ditch? Help!
<3PandaLover458

Hey PandaLover!

I'm sorry your friend has been so wishy-washy. You definitely want to talk to her about her behavior. Tell her it's not cool that you're her "back-up" friend. Say, "If you're friends with other girls that's fine, but it hurts my feelings when you ditch me for them". Hopefully she understands what you're saying and tries to change. If not, she isn't a good friend. In the meantime, make some more friends of your own-you can never have too many.

Marisa D.

by pandalover458 on 5/29/2012 4:39:59 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!
I have this friend and she is constantly bringing me down. I know i shouldnt be friends with her but she really likes being my friend. See, she confuses me alot. She says all these mean names to me, brings me down, sometimes even slaps me, and flirts with all these guys i like. But sometimes i like her, other times i dont like her at all. HELPP?!?

Hey girl,

If she's slapping you, that's definitely not okay, but if you like her some of the time, maybe you should sit down and talk with her -- she might not realize how rude she's being! Explain that her actions hurt you but that you still wants to be friends. If she apologizes, that's a good sign, but if she acts like it isn't a big deal, you might want to find some new pals!

Meghan D.

by KatieBieber on 5/11/2012 10:40:20 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
There's this boy i like and his friend told me he liked me to. Now i don't know what to do! He likes me and i like him i still talk to him like normal but i feel like i should do something!

Hey girlie,

Definitely talk to him like normal! You want to show him you're laid back and cool about it, so don't act all freaked out. Instead, talk to him like a friend - just like you used to. Get to know him even better and, when the time is right, mix in some flirting to take it to the next level. Compliments, teasing, joking around - those are all great next steps! Smile

by kittylover_98 on 5/10/2012 10:17:36 PM

MOD MOD MOD how do i get over embarrasing moments??? HELP!

Hey girl,

My personal advice for getting through embarrassing moments has always been to laugh it off.  If it doesn't matter to you, nobody else will take it as an opportunity to get on you about it.  Laugh, make a joke about it, show humility and you're set!
Jordan S.

by annienax123 on 5/5/2012 6:43:46 PM

MOD! MOD! MOD!
I have a friend that calls me fat, tells me that she hates my handwriting, hates how I walk (sometimes when I'm in a really strong daydreaming phase she's just like STOP WALKING LIKE THAT!!!, and she tells me I wear too much makeup and I'm afraid if I tell her to stop or I don't want to be friends with you anymore, I'm afraid she'll punch me in the face, and I let her borrow my favorite pair of yoga pants that are brand new and comfrorble to work out in and I don't think she'll give them back because she like, NEVER GIVES STUFF BACK and shes making me very depressed and I dont know how to say that I don't want to be friends with her without her punching me in the face. So could you please help me?
Thanks !<3

Well you need to get away from her. Asap. I almost think its worth it to have her punch you in the face - as long as you can get away. Start hanging around her less and less. Shes a poisonous person to have in your life and you deserve better. If its really impossible for you to get away I suggest you go to your school counselor. Good luck hon! xoxo kerra

Kerra S.

by megan1220 on 5/2/2012 9:01:22 PM

MOD !
So we have this dance at my school (the eighth grade dance). SO yesterday, after hours searching, I found this really nice dress and we bought it. I was really happy so I showed my best friend , who is like my sister but then she says that her dress is almost exactly like mine but it's one shade darker and the flowers on the strap (it's cuter than it sounds) aren't as much on mine. She ordered it like last week custom made and it cost her over a $100 while I went to JC Penney's at got it at 30 bucks. I really don't know what to do. I mean I'd get a new one (it would only be fair) if I could, but I rather kind of like it now. I told her that maybe if we accessorize differently and do our hair differently it would be okay. She doesn't seem convinced.. The dance is in 3 weeks. Please help! Sorry for blurting this out like this!

Hey babe,

You can always take it back and have her shop with you for a new one.  Otherwise, it's really up to you, you can make it look like you two deliberately matched.
Jordan S.

by Angiecandy on 4/30/2012 8:07:05 PM

MOD!
My bgf told me he likes my best friend which is fine, but he says he's trying to stop liking her cuz things will be awkward so today she wanted to skip art club (which they do together) cuz she had a Latin project and more hw. We were walking to math when he walked up and gav her the outline or something for the project so she could go to art club. Later she told me she didn't want him to like her like that cuz it would make things awkward but I feel this is all my fault cuz I kinda got his hopes up I think cuz I HONESTLY believed she liked him back and couldn't admit it to herself. I know I have to tell him, but I dont want his feelings hurt or anything! Please help, I'm in tears thinking about this Frown

Hey chica,

As hard as it may be, if you told him she maybe likes him, you probably want to clarify that she just considers him a friend and nothing more. While you did make an assumption, your situation would be better if you said you think she likes him, but aren't sure. He might know that you didn't know from talking with her, so hopefully he doesn't feel too bad after finding out. I'd say explain your side to him and he might understand. <3

Krupali D.

by awesomegrl on 4/18/2012 9:03:16 PM

MOD MOD MOD !
I like a boy and I dont know how to start what should I do?

Hey girlie!

Try to talk to him and see if he's interested. Sometimes it helps to start a conversation from what you two do together, such as a class, sports, and so on, and become friends and then maybe asking him out on a date. <3

Krupali D.

by iluvhungergames on 4/18/2012 10:18:20 AM

You know what,your right! My parents said this is a fresh start for a reason! Bye bye shyness! Thanks! Laughing

by Super8FanGirl98 on 3/30/2012 3:27:43 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
Me and my family are moving to the city next month.Im really excited to make friends in my building since there will be kids my age there.But,im really shy and quiet.Not so much of shy but observant of who im hanging out with.I dont have to worry about school since im homeschooled.With that I haven talked to kids MY age in almost 3 years.Since I havent been to a regular school since 4th grade and now im in the 8th.
So what should I do? Its hard for me to say hi to someone when I just met them as odd as it sounds,I've always been like that.Should I just ignore that and say hi? Any advice whatso ever will do,thanks!!!!

hey girl! sayin things like "its hard for me to say hi to someone" bla bla bla is nonsense! change up your thinkin to "it has been hard for me in the past to say hi to someone!" this is your chance to start new and fresh! throw your shyness out the window and go into all your encounters with kids with a positive attitude. think to yourself "this is goin to go well!" and guess what? it probs will!! good luck! xo, Erin M.

erin m.

by Super8FanGirl98 on 3/30/2012 3:20:27 PM

Mod Mod Mod
Soo my bestie has a few friends who are constantly causing problem (backstabbing, lying, making fun, etc) and she comes crying to me. I tell her me and her shouldn't hang out with them anymore and she always says I'm right. Finally she stopped hanging out with them. But now recently she has started hanging out with them again! I try not to get frustrated but I honestly have no idea what to do!

hey chica!  It is hard to stop being friends with someone cold turkey.  It takes time to get used to. There isn't anything you can do.  Sometimes we just need to let our friends learn their own lessons.  Next time that group of friends does something to her, let her make her own decisions and see what she does.  If she wants to stay friends with them, that is her decision, it doesn't mean you have to also.

xo,

Channa R.

by brenlxl on 3/27/2012 3:08:17 PM

MOD MOD MOD ... All The Girls In My Class I HATE honestly Their A Bunch Of Mean Girls Except For One Who is new to this school and very nice too me ! The other girls on the other hand are so mean to me... They Talk about me all the time they laugh at me and then they have additude with it ! They are always trying to brother me calling me a slut and i hate it.And 2: Theirs this Boy in My class He is very rude and he started to stare at me and i told him to stop so he threw his chips at me and told me to shut up i threw it back so then he took my jacket and threw it on the ground and Came Back and Punched me on the arm!! I Told the teacher but she DIDN'T CARE (Its True she wouldn't listen to me ) Im so Annoyed and i feel like i don't belong!! Is it just me or idk can u help me Please!

If people are going to continue to be this mean to you you need to tell your parents and the principle that you are being bullied. Bullying is a very serious issue and you need to get adults involved in the situation. No one should be touching you at all, ever.

Amanda P.

by mozilla10 on 3/26/2012 2:15:38 PM

My so called "friend" used me too. She uses me to get to my popular best friend and i cant tolerate it. When she got to my friend she started calling me loser and stuff, so how do i Fix this before it gets ugly.

Hey girl,

If she called you a loser, it sounds like it's time to find some new pals who appreciate you for how awesome you are! Show her you're the bigger person by moving on and ignoring her rather than calling her names back.

Meghan D.

by Massieblockfan on 3/24/2012 10:12:33 AM

My best friend has become more popular this year and is only talking to me for to periods a day..... Not even actually. I've invited her to sleep over my house twice thinking that she would talk to me more but she just stays on her phone on Facebook and still ignores me at school. I have even told her a little bit how I feel but she says sorry I don't really pay attention that much. How do I tell her how I feel?

by nicoles-5 on 3/23/2012 6:12:31 PM

My "friend" has used me before. I took her to lunch along with my real bestie and after we got mcdonalds, she wouldn't talk to us and would start gossiping and swearing about us. Don't fall for it. Now she is a jerk and tries to break my real bestie and I apart because she's jelous of our strong friendship. Stay strong and avoid the users and gold diggers.

by giggle_girls on 3/11/2012 9:00:23 PM

my birthdays tomarrow i was just going to have a family party but i was really excited for it. that same weekend my brother has a hockey tornament so there goes my mom and him, 2 hours away. so it was me my dad and my other brother. then my mom got sick and my dad has to leave to go help her. its me and my brother now who is well you know my brother and doesnt really know who to cheer a girl up. i dont want to be selfish but its hard its going to be my brithday, but definately not what i wanted. i know things cant be perfect for me all the time. will you please help me see a light in this. thanks.

by Peace.Love.Soccer on 3/10/2012 3:30:19 PM

I had some friends like that. I soooo know how it feels. So sorry!!!

by ceceandrocky20 on 3/10/2012 10:27:01 AM

I have a friend, Lexi, that I've talked to but never hung out with and I initiated that me and her hang out next weekend and she sounded okay with it. Well I found out this morning that my best friend, Libby, is having her birthday party the same day. I would feel bad ditching Lexi but I would feel bad missing Libby's party. I have no idea how to fix this.

Hey girlie,

No worries! It's still early enough that if you text her NOW, you can avoid any drama. Say something like - "Hey! I am so sorry, I just remembered I already had plans for Saturday Frown ugh my memory is awful. Can you hang out on Sunday instead? Maybe we could get lunch!" That way, you're not lying at all and you show her you DO want to hang out by suggesting an alternative.  Smile It'll be ok!

by myclique on 3/8/2012 5:25:38 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
i've been really annyoed with one of my best friends lately. shes telling people not to trust me, she's always swearing at me, calling me names, and putting me down. this stuff happenes mostly at school but it happens when we're alone to but usually when we're alone she's fine. i don't wanna just ditch her though cuz she has a lot of issues like cutting and eating disorders and family problems but she NEVER talks about them to me but she'll talk about them to EVERYONE else. she's always looking for attention but she never does it in a good way. i've tried being the bigger person and talking to her aobut it but it never helps and i've also done what she's doing back but she just tells everyone im a b*****. what do i do? i feel like i cant just stop talking to her cuz she needs support right now but i cant deal with her constantly putting me down and swearing at me.

Hey girl, I'm glad you've tried to talk to her and was the bigger person. I think you just need to give her, her space. Hang out more with your other close friends for a bit, take your mind of it. She will come to you if she needs help. But for now, I think definitely just give her time.

lauren r.

by dancerchic_4 on 3/7/2012 6:36:10 PM

one of my friends in my class was nice at first, but the more i got to know her i knew that she was super annoying. then she said something really mean to me and so after that i really didnt hang out with her as much. but i still wanted to be friends with her just not close friends. so ive been hanging out with her but not as much as before.she only had me and some other girl as her friends and a bunch as she claimed at her old school. so weve been hanging out more since, but today me, her, and the other girl were in the bathroom fixing our hair when she said the other girl was her best friend when the other girl doesnt hang out with her as much. what do i do to be her best friend without being really close friends

by puppies11 on 3/1/2012 5:53:44 PM

Mod Mod Mod!! Okay so I really liked this boy, and my old BFF ( for 6 years) is his girlfriend. Last year she stopped talking to me. Two weeks ago I told 3 friends that I liked him. Today I found out that she knows I like him. I don't know if she is mad at me or not. I am over him, but I don't want her to spread rumors, or her hate me. What should I do?? Thanks Callie

Hey Callie620, you could try talking to her. Since you two don't talk let one of her friends know that you don't feel that way about her bf anymore. That way she'll know the truth. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by Callie620 on 2/24/2012 3:55:05 PM

Mod mod mod.....there is a new girl in my p.e. class and she seems shy and lonely.....but I also heard (a weeks since she got here)that other girls want to fight her. She seems shy, but I hear differently. I feel bad it seems lik she has no friends.....what should I do? I need help!

Hey girlie,

You're really sweet to be concerned about her! Since you're noticing she might be lonely and friend-less right now, why not talk to her in class? Even if you don't become BFFs, just reaching out and asking her about herself (where she came from, if she likes her new town, what she likes) could make her whole day. To feel like you aren't TOTALLY unwanted at high school means a lot, so you'd probably make her smile just by reaching out <3

by bandnerds41698 on 2/17/2012 11:03:58 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
ok so anyways i really need help on how to make friends. im kinda shy but around my only 2 bffs im CRAZY ok so theres a girl in my scince (lets call her ally) and a girl in my la class (aubrey) ok so ally is in my science class and sometimes we talk. she isn;t mean to me but sometimes she doesnt seem like she wants to be around me... even though she sits by me a lot. she also asked me to see a scary movie this weekend.sounds fun but idk her that well . aubrey-shes hilarious nice ok so i have a ton of inside jokes with her but one thing.shes popular.. in my school thats a big deal. i would love to hang with her but idk if she would like me that much ir if her "popular" friends wouldn't like me. what would we do when we hang too? ok sorry this sounds lame... sorry. do u think i should hang with aubrey? and idk if i should go with ally since idk her that well. what are things to do when hanging with new poptential friends?? thanks! PLEASE POST THIS!!

Hey girlie,

You gotta go for it! Ally asked you to see a movie this weekend, so take advantage of that and go! You don't know her that well right now, but the only way to get to know someone better is to talk more, hang out more, and grow closer over time. You'll feel more comfy around her after you hang out more! And definitely ask Aubrey to hang out too. You can't have too many friends Smile If you already get along, ask her to do something you'd both enjoy - go shopping at the mall, see a movie, try a new restaurant, go to a concert, go bowling, have an Oscars party, or even just do homework after school. Give it a try and put yourself out there!! <3

by bluedevils5 on 2/16/2012 8:52:28 PM

MOD!
my best friend is super dramatic...she cries everytime any calls her stupid or fat..which yes, i would probably too...but its soooo annoying she always follows me and gets super annoying!!!!!!! She recently got mad at my boyfriend and he said hes sick of her and doesnt really want to talk to her anymore because shes so dramatic. I need to stop being friends with her ASAP because she always gets really PMS-y and gets mad at me...it annoying. i need her to stop. but how?

Talk to her next times shes dramatic. Sit her down and just tell her whats up. If youre honest with her she may realize what youre saying and change her ways. xoxo kerra

Kerra S.

by jazziesgirl on 2/12/2012 7:03:06 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD-- we got a new girl and I really want to make friends with her but we have no classes together, but she sits at the table behind me at lunch, but not for long because we r moving seats again at lunch on Thursday... HELP?!? PLEASE?!? B4 THURSDAY?!?

Hey girl,

Try going up to her at lunch and saying "Hey, welcome to __(your school's name)__!" Introduce yourself to her and shake her hand. Ask her how she's liking it so far, if she's joining any clubs, where in town she's living, etc. Just have a friendly and fun convo about her. It'll show her you care and are interested in her story. And the end of your convo, try saying something like, "If you ever want to hang out or have questions about anything here, let me know." Leave with a friendly smile. She'll be happy someone talked to her and showed that they care! Then after a few days passes, you could text her to ask her to hang out (get her number from a friend or ask for it during that convo), add her as a friend on Facebook, etc. Smile

by softballismyBFF on 2/12/2012 9:11:00 AM

MOD MOD MOD im so confused i liked this boy since last year and now this year we started dating and now his EX Gf is doing mean things to me like today she dared someone to ask me if i have any sweaters ..i said yes and they laughed and said so u wear this sweater everyday and whats worst is she had it recording on her phone when i went back to my friends they followed me and she kept putting the phone in my face and telling me to smile so i slapped it out of her hands and now shes going to get suspended for it and everyone is telling me shes going to beat me up i told them she wouldn't and people told me that when i get beat up don't complain! whats worse is she's Older then me!! I told her friends i didn't nothing to her and they said well u did make them brake up ... (My New bf and his ex) and then My bf Agreed With her friend. im so upset that he would believe i made him and his ex brake up now i wanna brake up with him what should i do!!! im scared and upset!

Hey mozilla10, oh man you have a lot going on. If she does try to fight you when she comes back to school (which I hope she doesn't), you'll just have to defend yourself. She's a bully so standing up to her once will stop her from being mean to you. I'm not sure if you should break up with him. I would just talk to him about the situation and see what else he thinks about it. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by mozilla10 on 2/10/2012 5:42:33 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
I have this friend. in my school, we have three categories from achieving a certain percentage of grades (credit roll, honors, high honors). She is on the high honors list while i am on the honors list. if i get a bad grade, she tells me i got a better grade than you and tells of my other friends. when, she tells all of my other friends, i feel really embarrassed. i don't want to hurt her feeling because she is a really good friend of mine and is nice but when she does this, i get sort of mad. what do i do?

Hey girl,

Your grades are no one's business but your own! If this bothers you, next time tell her so - say that you told her because you trusted her and you really don't appreciate her telling everyone else/making fun of you for it. If she keeps it up, stop telling her what grades you got. It might be awkward at first, but you can be honest - tell her you already said how much it bothered you and now you just don't feel comfortable sharing it with her. Shrug and walk away calmly. I know it's tough, but you gotta be strong here! <3

by bookworm807 on 2/9/2012 5:09:23 PM

MOD! I have been home-schooled all my life, so I'm not really accustomed to being around people. Lately, I have been doing this kids theater program where I can do that though. I have some friends there, and they're great, but I also want to get to know the other kids. I sit by them when we're eating and stuff, and listen to the conversation, and occasionally say something, but I have trouble contributing to the conversation. I'm really shy. I kinda have the same problem even with my friends, it can be hard to keep a conversation going! Please help?

Hey bethebrave, like your username be brave. Try to have more confidence when talking to people. Know that what you have to say is important and that people want to hear it. Once you feel that way, you won't have any problem keep the convo going. And if you do get stuck, just think of things you'd like to talk about. Maybe a new movie, a certain celebrity or about the theatre program you're in. The more you talk to people, the better you'll get, so no worries. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by beththebrave on 2/4/2012 7:17:59 PM

THANKS!! Smile

by gummybear<3 on 2/3/2012 7:30:11 PM

im really confused! So,i was at lunch with my friends and we were playing telephone. It was my friend's turn and she said something really mean but she said she meant it in a "cute" way. im really mad at her and she keeps bothering me a lot. she's always saying "mean" things to me but she thinks that she is being cute. Do think I should forgive her? i thought about it but i still dont know!! Please help!!

Hey girlie,

Try talking to her about this. Focus on this specific situation and explain to her that saying mean things, even in a "cute" way, is still saying mean things. There's no way around that - and it hurts your feelings. If she plays totally dumb and doesn't understand, bring up those other times when she did the same thing. Try to explain how it makes you feel and ask her to stop. It's that old motto: If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. Even dressed up in a "cute" disguise, an insult can still hurt <3 If you work through this and she tries harder to respect you, then you know she really cares. If things don't change though, you've already given her a second chance - and that's totally frustrating, so you gotta decide whether it's worth it or not.

by gummybear<3 on 2/2/2012 7:10:52 PM

Hey devann8, click the link below to read this article about 10 easy confidence boosters. I think they'll really help ya! Xoxo http://www.girlslife.com/post/2011/11/15/10-10-second-confidence-boosters.aspx

mod mod mod
I am going to a new school in the middle of February right now and I am nervous because even now I have a hard time meeting new people without stuttering or acting dumb. I was wondering if you have any confidence posts or any upfront answers. I am in my last year of middle school (btw). TanxsSmile
Please post on my profile Lynae P.

by devann8 on 2/1/2012 6:36:21 PM

if they're using you don't be there friend. only be friends with the people you can trust.

by delaylee on 1/29/2012 6:57:40 PM

Hey ohiostatefan141, don't be afraid of who you are. Coming out will let you know who your real friends are. A real friend wouldn't judge you but accept you. Sadly to say but being a homosexual in America can be tough. Not everyone will be accepting of your lifestyle, so develop your tough confident skin now. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Mod mod mod!!
OK, my friends can be judgemental. Not all of them, but my closest friend is. And I know that I'm into girls. I've always known. I'm terrified of coming out. Because there is no one in my school who I could ask. Advice? Lynae P.

by ohiostatefan141 on 1/21/2012 7:52:20 PM

Hey Junetikky, you need to get away and stay away from Tiffany. You also need to work on defending yourself. The only reason people tease people is because they know they won't say or do anything. So the next time she yells or insults you, say something back even if you're afraid. Hope this helps! Xoxo

MOD MOD MOD.
Theres a super mean girl named Tiffany. She makes me cry, hits me, makes fun of me. She pretends to be my friend and then backstabs me. Please help! Lynae P.

by Junetikky on 1/20/2012 8:52:08 PM

I admit that I'm a good writer. And recently, I tried really hard on an essay. I got a 93, but my friend got a 95. I was a tad bit angry about that, but I decided that the person's essay must of been much better. Until my teacher made photocopies of her essay and handed them out to the class. I was disappointed to see that my essay was much better. The next period, I was looking over the essay, and saw that my teacher hand made an error in correcting my essay. As I started to write a comment, which I crossed out, the girl who got a 95 started talking to me. I congratulated her a lot, but eventually vented about my own essay. I didn't tell her that my essay was better, but I did tell her about some of the other things I was miffed about. And what does she do? She TELLS MY ENGLISH TEACHER WHAT I SAID. Not only do I feel like my teacher will fail me now, and I want to prove to him I'm not ungrateful, but I'm questioning my friendship with this girl. What should I do?

Hey girl,

First of all, don't sweat your grade- you did amazing! As for why your friend's essay got picked over yours- don't take it personally, all teachers grade differently and have their own opinions about what makes good writing. So basically if to you the girl's essay seems like bad writing, your teacher might see it differently and think it's really good. I'm sure one of your essays will be picked another time! I think you should definitely go talk to your teacher about the correction error and ask her why she made it. Chances are she just made a mistake and will correct it so you get more points! As for the girl who blabbed what you said to the teacher, she doesn't sound like a very good friend. I wouldn't trust her with anything in the future if I were you. And I really don't think your teacher will fail you for what you said- she would get in a lot of trouble for that and probably fired. Freedom of speech is one of our rights as American citizens. If you are worried about it, go to your teacher and explain to her why you said it. Tell her you don't understand why you got the grade you did, and hopefully she can explain to you how she graded it.

Kathryn S.

by MissMeggles on 1/20/2012 3:59:16 PM

Mod mod mod
Ok so me ex bff is really tight with my sister and I just got a little jealous. Somehow everything spinner put of control and now we aren't friends anymore. I never talk to her. And I'm not going to try to either. I'm just feel confused though because she was one of my few close friends and now I feel like a loser bc it's impossible for me to make new friends. This one girl in my science class text each other sometimes... But in class she goes with her other friends who idk if they'll like me. What should I do to make more friends? I'm just feeling lonely like no one wants to be friends with me or take the time to hang out with me.. Help please

Hey babe,

Try joining a new club or sports team to meet new people who share similar interests! Or try texting the classmates you have to hang out outside class (like this girl from science). You won't become BFFs overnight - it takes work! So try to get to know them (and their friends) better, hang out, swap stories and let some time pass. Be patient and you'll see where you belong and who you get along with best Smile

by bluedevils5 on 1/19/2012 11:42:53 PM

Mod!!!
My best friend has been super stand-offish with me lately. She won't talk to me, except for small courteous greetings like "hi". The other day someone sat in my seat during history which is right in front of hers and she didn't say a thing. The next day, I took my seat back, and she got up and moved somewhere else. Ive asked her if something's wrong on several occasions, and she says no, but I don't believe her. How do I confront her about her attitude without being to rude?

Hey girl,

Try asking your mutual friends if they've noticed any changes. If not, you gotta talk to her one-on-one and break it down for her. Instead of asking the mild "Hey is everything ok?" question, get down to the problem: say something like, "Look, you've been really rude and distant lately, and I know something is wrong. Can we please talk about this?" That way, you show her what the issue is and make her realize you've noticed. Hopefully, being real with her will make her tackle the issue or at least tell you what's bothering her - so you can either work to fix it or move on <3

by ExpressCheer on 1/15/2012 10:42:52 AM

MODMODMDOMODMDOM
so theres this girl that i have befriended this year. she's great, but the only thing is that she texts me nonstop asking for sleepovers and hanging out and stuff. i like her but i never really want to hang out with her outside of school, and plus i always have plans with other friends she doesnt' know. i feel bad to keep rejecting and ignoring her texts. help mee!

Hey girl,

Ouch, you made a new friend but won't return her texts? It's okay to hang out with other people, but she deserves your honesty, so tell her you have other plans instead of leaving her hanging! Why not invite her to hang out with your other pals? They might like her more than you think! Either way, you shouldn't ignore her -- would you want her to do that to you?

Meghan D.

by emilyb on 1/14/2012 12:28:03 PM

Hey amyrose99, I completely understand where you're coming from. It's only natural for you to feel a little jealous, I mean who wouldn't be a little upset their crush is spending more time with another girl? Just know that everything happens for a reason. So no matter what happens between those two or you two, everything will work out. It may not be meant for you to be his girlfriend, or it might. And girl there are sooooo many other guys out there who are just as cute, smart, funny and as cool as this one. Hope this helps! Xoxo

MOD
I have a problem. If you can help, thanks! See, I'm jealous. I'm homschooled, but I still have lot's of friends. Some of them are homeschooled, too! I ONLY go to a homeschooled kids art class, and I have a BGF, and 1 of my BFFs is in there w/ me. She's known my BGF for years, and even though we're all friends together, I still get really jealous. They get to hang out more! They must have playdates, they both go to a gymnastics class & gym class together. He has a crush on her AND me. I think I'm in love w/ him. So, the fact that THOSE 2 see each other more kinda kills me inside, you know? How can I deal? I would NEVER hurt their relationship, but... Ugh, can you just tell me how to deal with my jealousy & anger when it comes to those 2? Thanks! Wink Lynae P.

by amyrose99 on 1/11/2012 5:03:45 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
I have a small problem. I have a guy friend, who is JUST a friend. He has a girlfriend, and she seems to be getting kinda jealous when he talks to me at school when she's around. I'm not really friends with her, I don't really know her. But I definitely don't want her to think I'm a bad person! Thank you!

As long as youre not flirting and just being a friend youre not in the wrong. She may just be overreacting. But keep on your toes and dont overstep any boundaries. Good luck! xoxo kerra

Kerra S.

by Fly1213 on 1/8/2012 5:59:57 PM

My BFF is becoming VERY different. She likes this guy, and they video chat ALL THE TIME. On Facebook, shes been typing really differently, and seeming kind of prissy. She's been ignoring my texts and calls almost ALL WEEK, and I see that she posts things on Facebook from her phone, and she was talking to my neighbor on Facebook a few nights ago! She says she's been "busy", but that's not true! She's been on Facebook all of these days! What should I do? I'm afraid of talking to her about it because she gets mad REALLY easily. What should I do? My other friend says if I want things to get better, I HAVE TO talk to her about it! I also texted her last night and she NEVER RESPONDED, but an hour later she posted a "Truth is" on Facebook AND she posted "Text Me!" ALL IN AN HOUR AFTER I TEXTED HER AND SHE NEVER RESPONDED! Please help!

Hey girl,

Ouch -- it's tough when your BFF becomes more interested in guys than you are. It sounds like she has been busy, but with other people, which understandably hurts your feelings. You need to talk to her, but try to be gentle, and not make it too confrontational. Say you're cool with her having new pals and guys in her life, but you want to be part of her life, too! But if she won't respond to you, maybe it's time you seek out some other company, too.

Meghan D.

by cheerrox1111 on 1/6/2012 11:07:39 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
this is continuing my last one she's also rude to my mom,she really ignores her and stuff
i kinda want to continue being friends with her but i'm worried that i'm going to start worrying so much about her my grade are going to drop because i won't be able to sleep
please help i think this is kinda serious i have really good grades ad have always been a good student but i'm really worried!

Hey girl,

If you feel that your friendship is going to harm your grades and your personal performance, maybe it's time to rethink your friendship. But for now, try talking to your pal and letting her know that the way she treats your mom isn't cool. Ask her to make an effort to be nice, and if she can't follow through, maybe you should start looking for a new friend.

Meghan D.

by Pinkcupcakekitties on 12/31/2011 1:27:21 AM

I really want to kiss this guy I'm going out with, but we don't have any classes together. The only time we're together is when we're working at church. I didn't know what to do, so I asked my mom. She told me that i was probably too young because I'm only in 6th grade and church isn't really the place to kiss. I told her that I really want to have my first New Years kiss. She told me that she would be disappointed in me if I did, but she'd be praying for me and that I would make the right decision. I've been praying to God, hoping that he would guide me, but I'm so lost and I don't know what to do, please help me!

by zvsmh2mp on 12/27/2011 7:55:25 PM

There is this girl I am friends with who has a problem with me hanging out with her friends(who are also my friends). She has no problem with me hanging out with her alone and laughs with me, but a certain group of people she does not want me to hang out with. I'm all awesome friends with them and they like me better than her sometimes. But she even invented a group with those people and won't let me join, even though I didnt ask her. Everyone else in that group wants me to. She brags about parties she went to with them while I am usually just at home watching tv or at a minor sleepover. How do I deal with this, let's say, frenemie?

say start trying to hang with the group independent of her. Talk to them and get to know them and maybe theyll invite your themselves if they like you.  One person cant keep you from having friends. xoxo kerra
Kerra S.

by orangesherbert434 on 12/27/2011 12:30:53 PM

One of my friends told bunch of us that another one of our friends hates this girl who was there and I know she doesn't, she likes that friend just fine so I told her what that girl said and then that friend who told me found out and she's really mad. What should I do?

Hey girl,

Try to play a little dumb on this one. Settle things between all your friends by saying something like, "I didn't want to gossip... I just wanted to make sure everyone was on the same page and had all the facts. Somewhere some info got mixed up and it would've hurt people's feelings, so I thought it would be better to set the record straight. You guys are all so great and I just want you all to be happy, not worried about stuff like this Smile" That way, you apologize sorta and also let your friends know how much they mean to you!

by tuyapril on 12/24/2011 12:22:07 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
I've been best friends with this girl since 3rd grade. She can be totally nice, sweet, funny, and a GREAT friend. She can be really generous. Anyway, lately she's been lying and really mean to me lately. Like she told me that one of my BFF's that she hates, told a mean girl who I like. When I confronted my other BFF, she said she never said that and I believe her because she's never lied to me before, unlike my mean BFF. My mean BFF is also saying that she's "pyshic" & that I would marry my BF, who is now my ex. Whenever I confront her, she says she's never said any of that even though I was right there. What should I do?

Hey girlie,

I would try once to talk to her about this. When you get a sec one-on-one, ask her, "Hey...is everything ok?" Then tell her she's been acting weird lately (and you can recap some of this stuff, as long as you DON'T sound like you're attacking her) and you want to make sure nothing's wrong. This is your shot to bring it up! If she doesn't acknowledge doing any of it, remind her a little more clearly about the weird lying/"Forgetting" stuff that's been going on. And if it doesn't work at the end of this convo, it'll probably be best to distance yourself a little bit from her. Don't drop her as a friend completely, but be a little less available. She'll notice you pulling away - and will probably ask why. Then you can tell her you're not down with the lying and stuff <3

by AvatarTLA on 12/18/2011 12:13:21 AM

Mod Mod Mod! hey there i have a problem with my friend. She is being sooooo clingy like everywhere i look shes there! She makes me go to both her locker and my locker before lunch so we're always late. I tried to tell her but she was like "awww pleaseplease come with me" and whenever i go to talk to some of my other friends, she follows me and i know that she has other friends too... Also when she wants to go talk to some people and i dont want to she like drags me (pulling on my shirt) to come with her. i honestly dont know what to do because i dont want to hurt her feelings but i cant see the end of the year with this going on... please help! <3

Hey girlie,

Oh boy. You need to gradually step back a little - this is outta control! Instead of giving in when she begs you to come to her locker, be firm. Tell her you'll go to your locker, she'll go to hers, and you'll meet at the cafeteria doors. Compromise to a certain extent (like if she wants to go talk to her crush, go with her to support her like any good friend would do), but don't let her control you! Sometimes she needs you to say "no" and not back down. She needs to learn how to do things for herself!

by swimstarry on 12/15/2011 9:52:43 PM

Ouch!!! Did you kick them out???? Cuz I wouldv'e....

by quahaugs on 12/9/2011 11:39:47 AM

i dont know what to do about my friend who is using me to get to a boy

by hotstuff98 on 12/8/2011 6:50:51 PM

Hi,
My friend and I were invited for a party. Everything went great until we started dancing. She didn't want to so I joined her and we surfed the net. But whenever I went to another site, she got annoyed and easily pissed off. It was weird, 'cuz This never really happened with us b4.
Afterwards the party, she got really sensitive to small stuff and avoided me. Even when she left and repeatedly said she was going, I didn't say bye.
What do I do and next time how should I react?

Hey girl,

She probably was feeling tired, annoyed at something else, or maybe even sick so her temper was shorter than normal. It doesn't sound like you did anything wrong, so try to relax! Give her some time to cool off, then text or call her and ask if everything is ok. If she says, "Yeah, why?", tell her that she seemed tense or upset at the party so you wanted to check in. Show her you care and you want her to be ok! Chances are she's already put it behind her - but if not, this is a perfect way to get her to talk about what's bugging her <3

by sready on 12/4/2011 4:38:15 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
I can't trust my bff. She's lied to me about so many things, small things, and really big things. I've tried talking to her about it, but she gets offended and upset and we get in a fight (and yet she still continues to lie to me). What do I do? I want a bff I can trust.

Hey girl,

I think the best thing to do is stop trying to talk things through with her: she clearly doesn't understand what she's doing to you and I don't think it will change if you keep calling her out on it. Instead, I would just stop telling her so much. If she asks you who you're crushing on, shrug and say, "Oh, I don't really want to say." If you have a secret, tell your other friends that you know you can trust. Don't do this trying to hurt her, because that isn't right. Instead, just try to protect yourself by mostly hanging out with the people you trust the most. Lying is not only hurtful - it doesn't show respect for her close friends. So it's totally understandable for you to spend a little less time hanging out with her because of it <3

by zoey_27 on 12/1/2011 10:12:28 PM

Awhile back I was really depressed. I would harm myself and contemplate suicide almost daily, I fought it and I've gotten better. But a guy-friend told me recently two girlfriends were telling him I was overreacting when this was going on, it broke my heart that they were faking "being there for me." I want to confront these girls and tell them that I'm not okay about what they did, But I have no clue what to say!

Lynae P.

by myclique on 11/26/2011 6:46:46 PM

hey my bff is very self centered. she always gets mad at me when i hang out with other friends and only wants people to be by her. it gets annoying and ive told her this MANY times befopre. She just gets mad and we get in a big fight. we get in fights every week.... i hate it but i cant stand when she thinks everything is about her. also she just got a facebook and she thinks she is the quenn of the world and is being pretty snooty to me and her other friends.she thinks we r all a "group" or a "clique". i hate it. and she aimes to be popular so she thinks its alright when she talks to other people... but i cant..
thanks so much and sorry its sooo long!
XOXO

Hey girlie,

You just have to show, with your actions, that you are not on board with her actions. If she freaks out when you hang out with someone else, shrug and say "I'm not really sorry that I have other friends." Then walk away. If she gets mad, she gets mad. You're allowed to be independent, have friends besides her, and live your own life! Don't let her talk you out of that. If she's trying to make your group seem "popular" or "cliquey" and you're not down with that, get your other friends together on this one and tell her you don't want to be perceived that way by the rest of the school. Tell her you're open to being friends with lots of different people. You don't have to agree on EVERYTHING, but these are some major differences you shouldn't stay quiet about. If she doesn't respond well/gets upset, try to distance yourself from her and focus on your other friends. You don't have to have a major blowout fight, but you can be a little less available so you aren't involved in so much drama all the time. You don't need all that nonsense!

by bluedevils5 on 11/25/2011 7:52:22 PM

Mod Mod Mod!
I feel sad,angry, or just jeaolous. ALL THE TIME.
My parents are divorced, but I have a stepdad. I dont like him. Help!

hey girl. family problems can be the worst. if you think you need help to figure out what is going on ask you parents if you can see a therapist who can really help you. there is no shame in getting help.
Ana D.

by catluverforlife on 11/24/2011 12:38:06 PM

MOD!MOD!MOD!MOD!
My friend said I should get braids and I decided to get some since hers look really good. She said it took like 10 HOURS.I was kinda shocked so i asked what she did to pass time. She said just watched TV. I'm not really the person to watch Tv for 10 hours. What can i do to pass time?

Hey chica! 10 hrs is a longgggg time. You could always catch up on your reading. Read a book you've already started or a new one. You could also do hw or study. There are so many things you could do! May you should divide the time up, like spend 3 hrs reading and the rest doing hw or something like that.

Amalia E.

by Jazzyrock2213 on 11/23/2011 9:16:54 AM

MOD
I have a friend who's really close and we've known each other for a long time, but lately she's been acting really mean. She ignores me and ditches me, and when i hang out with my other friends she gets really mad. I don't really want to be her friend anymore, but im not sure. What should i do?

hey girl, well best thing to do first is talk to her. Tell her how you feel, tell her how she's treating you isn't fair. If she responds rudely, it's probably time to concentrate on your other friends. Although if she responds nicely and understands, then try and give her another chance. Sometimes friends can just get jealous and confused. I'd say give her one more shot to prove to you she can be a good friend. We've all been there girl, it'll be okay! =]
lauren r.

by ColosalMascara on 11/21/2011 7:26:04 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I'm just wondering, but for these Dear Carol questions, do you send or email a message? And if you do, how? Thanks!!

Hey girlie,

You can send Dear Carol letters by mail or via our website - just click here! Smile

by cloudyday on 11/19/2011 9:01:54 PM

I really hope that they aren't using you Frown good luck

by cutiekj on 11/17/2011 9:20:20 PM

My best friends and I had an argument a few months ago because we didn't see each other as much as in the past. I left it a while and then went round her house one night after school and we sorted everything. It was okay, but suddenly she started ignoring me again after a while. About a week after that she had deleted me on facebook and written a status about people she thought she knew lying to her. I don't know if it's about me or just a coincidence, as I haven't got a problem and have said lots that I just want us to be cool again.
What do you think I should do so that I can get my friend back again?

Hey Chica,

You're already trying really hard to get your friend back, but give talking to her one last try. You said you went by her house before, so you could try doing that again if she's ignoring you in other places. Just be honest and open, and don't accuse her of anything, and let her talk. Figure out what's going on with her, because she might be having more serious problems and might just need a friend who can listen to her. But if she keeps acting closed off toward you, it's better let your friendship drift apart because there's only so much you can do, and it's not good to keep stressing about it. You sound like a good friend though, so hopefully talking to her will do the trick! Good luck!
Rachel N.

by mooloo95 on 11/16/2011 3:54:51 PM

Mod Mod Mod!
About a week ago my best friend that I have known for about 8-9 years now, started being friends with a girl that I hate hate hate, she used to call me ugly,mean,horrible, the list could go on! And so I thought, OK, She can be friends with her. I walked off and played with someone else. Then, Today, and yesterday, and the day before that, my *best friend* just wouldn't even talk to me. I've talked to her and told her that why cant us 3 just be friends? And she said OK and then we all chatted, but they kept acting like they couldn't wait to get rid of me. Today I heard them saying mean things about me. What 3 Do?

Hey Doll,

One of the hardest things about getting older is that some friendships drift apart, but it's even more difficult when your bestie is meaning mean. It could just be a phase your friend is going through, but since you've seen her true colors, don't struggle to maintain a friendship with her. Start spending more time with other girls in your class, and make an effort to hang out with them outside of school too (a slumber party with new people is always fun!). Check out this Dear Carol post, too. Your friend knows you don't like this girl, so don't change yourself to try and fit in with the two of them. Good luck!
Rachel N.

by catluverforlife on 11/16/2011 2:24:24 PM

MODMODMOD
Ok well I went to this school that had clicks. All I wanted todo is be in the popular click. So they finally let me in the click after I made cheerleader. Well then they started to use me. They made me carry all their stuff. Well I had to move schools so they made me a going away party. They didnt let me plan it or invite anyone. It turned out to be one of the girls birthday party instead of my going away party. So that night when I was there they locked me in a room all by my self in the dark and tryed to take my phone. I cried myself to sleep while they had the rest of the party. Well I didnt want my mom to know, so I invited them to my party where I had to clean up pea and make them coffee and do what eva they wanted. And now they are talking bad about me but when I text them they say I miss you so much. Well I am moving back there but I dont want to be there friend but I still want to be in their popular group. What should I do?

Hey girl, I don't think you can be in the popular group without becoming one of them or being their friend. Basically, popularity isn't worth being treated as horribly as you have been. It's obvious these girls are just using you and were never worth your friendship or time. Trust me when I say instead of trying to be "cool," you'll be much happier in the long run if you find friends who respect you. As you continue into high school and then eventually college, you'll see these cliques that matter so much in high school have less and less importance until one day you're a junior in college and those kids in the popular clique don't matter at all (true story). Their popularity made no difference to them in the long run; it takes more than being "cool" to make it in the world.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by polkadotruby7 on 11/14/2011 6:52:20 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
I have an unusual request- I am trying to give advice to a girl that is younger than me-let's call her 'Nikki'-about an unhealthy friendship she is caught up in with a girl who we'll call 'Darlene'. Darlene uses and manipulates Nikki all the time for stuff like homework answers, and if Nikki doesn't give her what she wants, Darlene goes around bad mouthing her. I told Nikki to break off the friendship- its unhealthy, and she deserves better friends who are actual friends- not girls who use her. But Nikki says that if she did, Darlene would tell people mean things about her, and start rumors. I told Nikki not to care what 'People' say or think about her, and that the people who believe the rumors don't matter, and the people who matter won't believe the rumors, but I've said all that and she STILL says she can't break off the friendship- HELP! I'm trying to be a mentor to this girl, but I'm failing miserably!
What would you say to her? THANK YOU!
xoxo, Jillian

I would give her all that same advice. Girls can be mean and people care too much about what other people say about them. Also another thing she can do is go to a counselor to try and stop darlene from spreading too much gossip. Good luck! xoxo kerra
Kerra S.

by i♥drama on 11/11/2011 6:49:54 PM

That's sort of whats happening to me. My neighbor will come over and jump on my trampoline as if she is free to come. I didn't even invite her. And last time my friend came over, she kept on walking in our yard and glaring at me.How do I get her to go away.

-ANNOYED

by girlslifelover28 on 11/11/2011 2:34:43 PM

Me, too! My neighbor has been sneaking onto my trampoline when I'm not home! My friend said that my neighbor and her went on it when we were gone! I told my mom, but she said it didn't matter. Well, I guess I'll just have a brat on my trampoline all day!

by SmileOn11 on 11/11/2011 8:31:00 AM

So, my BFF became BFF's with this girl last year. I am nice to her, and consider her one of my good friends. But last week, we were talking about who we like. I just found out she has been dating my crush since the day after that. This has happened a lot though. It's as if anytime I want something, she takes it. I know it could be a coincidence, but this is really irking me. People were pretty sure my crush would ask me out, but she ruined it! Plus, today she came to school wearing the shirt I really wanted at the mall. I want to tell my BFF, but don't want to seem like a tattletale. What should I do? Thanks in advance. Also, this has nothing to do with anything, but which color shirt should I get to accent my eyes? Some days they are hazel, green, and once for a week straight they were blue-no joke! Thanks again! Taeler L.

by bluegreen332 on 11/10/2011 6:50:47 PM

MOD MOD MOD so i had my friend over recently that i haven't seen in a long time .We were having loads of fun. When she went to the wash room, she took like 15 minutes in there. I shruged it off. Eventually she had to go home. When i was looking in there my make up bag (Which i keep in the washroom) later that night i found that my favorite masscra and eye shadow were missing! I told my mom what had happend and she said that i should hide my makeup bag under my bed. I don't know what to do. We had been good friends for a long time, so i really don't want to break our friend ship. But i am kindia upset at this. What do i do?

Hey girlie,

Wow, how rude.  Are you sure she would have been the only one who could've taken it?  Maybe you put it somewhere else? If it was definitely her, I would follow your mom's advice and hide your makeup next time she's over.  If something else of yours goes missing, I'd confront her.
Jordan S.

by firefly555 on 11/9/2011 4:08:29 PM

I hope you're doing well, and I need your help. I'm an extremely skittish person, to the point I can't introduce myself to someone new unless they introduce themselves first. I have a group of friends who I love and they love me to death, but there's this guy I like. I really like him, and my friends have told him I like him. Despite my anger, they have told me multiple times that he wants me to talk to him, because he likes me too. Not only that, but I know he's trying to make it easy as possible to talk to him (he'll come over to where I'm standing with my friends and talk to them), but I can't bring myself to talk to him. He's quite intelligent, and I fear he won't like me. I'm really trying to become more confident in myself, but I just can't. Do you have any ideas on how I can gain enough confidence to talk to him, and just new people in general?

Hey girlie,

I've gone through the same thing in the past.  What I like to tell myself and my friends who can be shy is that what person wouldn't want to meet a new friend?  I know I love meeting new people, and I'm sure you do too. And even if you like each other, it's still the same situation as if it were merely a new friend.

I promise you that nobody you ever go up to is going to react poorly, they won't be like "OH MY GOD, WHY ARE YOU TALKING TO ME? EW." It just doesn't happen.  Nothing but good can come from talking to him.
Jordan S.

by MissMeggles on 11/9/2011 3:04:56 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD My best friend moved away yesterday. I don't know what to do because she knows me so well, and really understands me. The rest of my friends aren't like her. Whenever I need to vent I go to her because she will listen to me, while my other friends just tell me to get over it, and say that it is my fault and I brought it on myself. I really miss her, and will never be able to replace a friend like her. I know that know that I can't see her everyday school is going to stink for me.

Hey girl, just because she moved away, doesn't mean you guys have to stop being friends. You can always call, text, facebook, skype, email, and write her. The distance will probably make you guys grow closer. I moved to another state to attend college, and my best friend and I are still tight as ever. Smile Smile

Lynae P.

by proarchergal42 on 11/5/2011 8:32:57 PM

okay just cuz your friends want to go in your hot tub doesnt mean they're using you

by haleyhay3 on 11/5/2011 9:40:20 AM

MOD MOD MOD So my best friend got her first boyfriend not too long ago, and I'm really happy for her, but I'm really getting left out. I mean, yeah, I'm a little bit jealous, but I can look past that. It upsets me when she doesn't ever talk to me or spend time with me. She's ignores me now. What should I do?

Hey girlie,

This is totally normal - a girl gets a BF and, especially if it's her first one ever, she kinda gets a little obsessed. It's all new, exciting, and fresh, so she throws all of her time into him and forgets about her besties. But as we get older, we learn that we need balance between besties and boys if we wanna stay happy - and if we actually wanna keep our friends after our relationships fizzle out. There's not a whole lot you can do, but remind her that you like having her as a friend and you don't wanna drift apart just because of some guy - even though you totally understand why she likes him so much! (Be on her side...even if you aren't actually.) Then, if she doesn't want to hang out, her loss. Move on with your life, work hard in school, do your activities, and hang out with your other friends. When she breaks up with this guy, she'll realize that it's not easy to reconnect with your friends once you've pushed them away/forgot about them...and she'll learn her lesson!

by caseyf13 on 11/3/2011 6:04:27 PM

Mod Mod I just tod my so called friend that i did not care for anymore,because shes inapropriate,rude, brags about herself and calls me fat. i have told her to stop but she just laphs and calls me a baby!so anyway after telling her this i felt soo guilty and i still do. i know it was the right decison because people who have been friends with her agree. but the guilt is killing me!mwhat should i do?

Hey girly, don't feel guilty. If you're feeling guilty because you think you hurt her feelings, think about how much she was hurting your feelings. No one deserves somebody who is going to treat them mean and laugh at their emotions girl. You have nothing to feel bad for. No matter how much she begs, unless you see a huge change in your friendship, don't allow her to be your friend anymore. Hope this helps! Smile Smile

Lynae P.

by mickyabc on 11/2/2011 8:16:06 PM

Wow, I can relate so much its scary, except for the hot tub thing, yeah, I wish I had one but I'd never use anyone for their's, that's just awful!

Hey girls!
Check out my profile, I'm on GL every day as soon as I get home from school till late at night, I give advice on just about everything and anything, there are no stupid questions and absolutely none will go un-answered, that's a promise
xoxoxo clem10 Smile

by clem10 on 10/27/2011 5:56:55 PM

Okay so i am a competitive gymnast. But i am not stick thin like all the girls in the gym. i am definitely NOT fat. Just I have boobs and hips and the other girls don't. Outside of gym, I love my bod. I'm thin, but still have curves. But as soon as i put that leotard on... I hate it. My BMI is 20.2 (i am 12 and 5'1 and weigh 106 pounds) How can I stop being so insecure in the gym? Thanx!

Hey honey, you love your body outside of the gym, why not at all times? This is because you are comparing yourself to all of the other girls who you say are thinner than you. So what! You are very young and you're only going to keep growing. The other girls may not have started developing yet. Throw on that leotard and embrace your curves!

Amalia E.

by emilee571 on 10/26/2011 7:43:15 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
i have a bit of unwanted dark facial hair and its visible....... do you know of anything that could help get rid of it?? please help me!!!

You could tweeze it or use a depilatory that's safe for facial hair Smile

Brittany G.

Brittany G.

by gymnastky on 10/25/2011 11:22:46 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
My BFF is starting hang with this girl I don't like very much. I know it sounds funny but I have a bad feeling about her. I've been trusting my instincts so far. I've trusted them when my two other friends turns evil. Any way this girl I think is stealing my bestie. This morning my BFF hung out with her. We hang out every morning and she asks where I am and I tell her but she didn't tell me she hung out with her. We tell each other ever thing. She told me, " Oh I thought you knew I was there but we never hang with that girl." I'm getting bothered by it. I'm worried. Please help!

Try talking to her about it and how you feel regarding losing her.

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by Smartpaws on 10/25/2011 10:44:07 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD! okay so we had tryouts for our dance team, and i made junior varsity, along with most of my friends. I feel like i did really good at tryouts, and i did everything great( i have all my splits, quad turn, toe touch, etc.) and i thought i would make varsity and i didnt, but one of my friends did. Now i feel like im not "good enough" what can i do?

Remember, out of all the girls that tried out, you made it , so that's got to count for something, right? Ask those in charge what you can do to improve and try for Varsity next year! Smile

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by Abigaildancer13 on 10/25/2011 10:38:13 PM

Hey girl!
Oh my goodness, I have been there before, and I totally know how it feels! Could you try finding your friend a new friend? She probably doesn't have anyone else besides you, and if you find her a new friend, maybe she'll get off your back. Do you have any classes together? I know that when that happened to me, we got in a group for a project with a couple other girls and my friend started hanging out with one of the girls in the group when I went back to my old friends. If you don't have a group project coming up, maybe you guys could both become friends with a girl in your class and she'll drift over to her. If this doesn't work, maybe you could try introducing her to your other friend and all get together for a sleepover or something. She might feel left out, and that way you all three could be great friends, instead of drifting to one friend or another. Good luck; let me know how it turns out! Smile

~applea123

by applea123 on 10/25/2011 10:19:14 PM

MODMODMOD
we have pj day friday and i cant decide what to wear i live in louisiana so it will be hot do u think i should wear grey sweatpants that r capris with a tye die shirt or burendy sweatpants with a navy and yellow jacket?
thx
caroline😃

The gray outfit sounds like the plan Smile

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by betagirl13 on 10/25/2011 10:14:51 PM

Hey girlies!
Are the mean girls bugging you? Friends got you down? Is the school bully at it again? Oh gosh, and the whole "popularity" thing! Visit my advice queen page, applea123, whether you need advice or just someone to talk to, I'm here for ya chicas! Smile

by applea123 on 10/25/2011 10:10:19 PM

Help!
I have a friend who I have had for 9 months but now I want to go back to my old friend, and whenever I hang out with my old friend my new friend always buts in rudely.

by impi on 10/25/2011 9:46:44 PM

MOD MOD MOD so i sit with a group of girls at school (let's call it Group#1) during lunch. they are nice people but don't acknowledge my presence a lot. then one day one of the girls from Group#1 were sitting with Group#2 at lunch, so I decided to too. They acknowledged my presence more and were nice, but the nicest girl from Group#1 doesn't like the people from Group#2. who should i sit with?

Which table are you more comfortable with? If you find that difficult to answer, maybe you could try switching off  (sitting at one table one day and another on another day)?

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by PuppyCT on 10/25/2011 9:19:41 PM

Hey girlies out there!!
i love giving adivce Smile i can give advice on:
boys,
fashion tips,
makeup tips,
hair tips,
school,
teachers,
friends,
bullies,
and well mostly everything. i'll try to answer as soon as possible Smile
love,
claraton0202 oxoxox

by claraton0202 on 10/25/2011 6:32:46 PM

0 O What jerks! I mean, if they hung out with you at other
0 places, and you got along, it would be okay, but....

by indesicive1 on 10/25/2011 6:12:28 PM

first commentt!! And omg yes good advice make friends with other girls. And maybe try asking them why do you always want to go in teh hot tub! Hope this helps!

by chick987 on 10/25/2011 6:08:49 PM